Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Island- Lot Thread Closed, see Create a World thread for updates

flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
edited May 2015 in The Sims 3 Builders
Working on a project in Create a World and thought I would share the lots here with everyone. Here is the first lot, 71 Elm Street, the Old Town Quarter

Screenshot-22.jpg
Screenshot-23.jpg
Screenshot-26.jpg

@LadysimPlayer8 A HUGE, GIGANTIC, ENORMOUS, Thank You for letting me use "Sims1derland"! Thought I would also share my vision of the Sims 1 "Vacation Island" again thanks to LadysimPlayer8 for allowing me to use the lots......

Screenshot-31.jpg
Screenshot-32.jpg
Screenshot-33.jpg
Screenshot-35.jpg

Still have some fine tuning on the sculpting/painting and to get the new road textures put in place so this is not the final version.

Oh did I thank LadysimPlayer8 yet for letting me use the lots from Sims1derland?
Create-A-World thread found here
My World's thread linked in Sig
NewSig.jpg

Post edited by flstrider on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is great that you are creating a world with the lots from Sims 1 :) The world is looking very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the different areas of the world. Your first lot, 71 Elm Street is great! Very nice layout of the build! The exterior of the buildings look nice. The texture of the exterior looks great and it looks nice how you have used the awnings. Nice patios and upper pathways. The outdoors tables and chairs sitting area is nice.
    Your world is looking great! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Posted in wrong thread sorry all
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    nina101sims3nina101sims3 Posts: 36 New Member
    Looks amazing;
    Keep up the great work! :)
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    I'll be watching for updates, can't wait to see how this turns out.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Since I am missing the original lots 1-10 on all 8 saves in my Sims 1 game I have decided to take my 10 most favorite lots in all of those saves and add them to this world. I welcome you to my Sims 1 build on 4 Sim Lane, Sims 3 style......

The original lot in the Sims 1...
    3SimLane1.jpg

and in Sims 3...
    Screenshot-18_1.jpg

1st Floor...
    3SimLane1stFloor.jpg
    Screenshot-20.jpg

2nd Floor...
    3SimLane2ndFloor.jpg
    Screenshot-21.jpg

I have all 10 shells completed and have a couple of screenshots up on the Create-a-World thread here
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Your sims 3 version of the 3 Sim Lane is very nice! :) You have reflected the sims 1 home so very well! The exterior of the home is very nice! Very nice pier deck and pond, and the upper balcony is very nice! The pool and the outdoors dining patios are very nice! Very nice interior of the home! The layout and furnishing of the interior of the home reflects it so well!
    It is a great sims 3 version of the home! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thank you Rose I am really having too much fun with this project I think....lol

Today was a day I could spend the entire day working on this world and I decided to work on McArthur Square, Located at 73 Elm Street (the park just across the bridge from the main Old Town area). As I began to lay out the park I thought that this would be the best place to put the festival grounds so I will be doing just that with this park. I have the shell completed and will begin working on the Seasonal Lot marker here shortly, just wanted to share a few pics of the park........

The Sims 1 Version
    73%20Elm.jpg

The Sims 3 Version
    Screenshot-47.jpg

And a couple with what I think will be the summer festival (this of course is subject to change).....
    Screenshot-3_1.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg

I already have a good idea of how the rest of the season's will be laid out just need to decide what to do with a few open spots. More as the progress continues.....

***EDIT***
    Finished the 4 seasons for the lot here is a pic for each

Summer
    Screenshot-2_1.jpg
    Fall
    Screenshot-4_1.jpg
    Winter
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    Spring
    Screenshot-6_1.jpg

I love when I have time like this, which is not very often. More as the world progresses......
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    The park looks great! :) Very nice layout of the sims 3 version to reflect the sims 1 version well! It looks nice how you have done the pond and have placed the trees in the build. It is great that you have it as a Festival Grounds. You would be enjoying working out what activities to have for each season! The Summer festival activities look great! Sims will have fun competing in the food eating contest or buying food from the food stands. Great playground area for the child sims to have fun playing in the sandpit, swinging on the swings or riding the spring riders. It is nice that you have placed a treehouse for sims to enjoy climbing the tree. All sims will have fun going skating or using the slippery slide!
    I will look forward to seeing updates of your build ! :)
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    The park is beautiful. You are creative with your layout and details. GREAT WORK! Thanks for continuing to share on the App Thread. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    @Rosemow Thank you I always love to hear from you, you never miss a thing!

@itguyinsc Thanks Itsy I am really having fun with this build and want it to look right so I am trying my best to pay attention to the detail.

So back to work on another of the residential lots this one is located at 3 Sim lane but was originally built in the Sims 1 on 52 Ridge Road in my save number 3. I will not include a picture of the original as this house has actually went through some major changes, although the general floor plan did not change, things such as the added sunken living room, and balconies were changed.

Welcome to 3 Sim Lane
    Screenshot-7_1.jpg

1st Floor
    Screenshot-8_2.jpg

2nd Floor
    Screenshot-9_2.jpg

and a couple of shots of 3 and 4 Sim Lane together
    Screenshot-11_2.jpg
    Screenshot-13_1.jpg

In the last pic you see what will be the original version of the FLST Party house built on 1 Sim Lane and in the background is both the "Old Town Quarter" and McArthur Square added into the world. Also on 4 Sim Lane I took away one of the patio's to make room for a garage. More as the progress continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    3 Sim Lane looks great! :) The exterior of it is very nice! The balconies look very nice! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The sunken living room looks great! It looks nice how you have placed the cabinets and counters in the kitchen. The L shaped island bar stool counter is great. Nice outdoors dining patio. 3 and 4 Sim Lane look great together in the pictures of the world!
    The world is looking great! :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much Rose!

Last night as I was putting together the 4 Sim Lane post I started to think about all the differences between Sims 1 and Sims 3 and that led me to think about the practicality of the different lots in the Sims 1. Back when the game was new they all made sense but now with cars, rabbit holes, different interactions and all of the other big improvements in the Sims 3 those lots just make no sense at all. All of this got me to think about 71 Elm Street (Old Town Quarter) and how there was no practical use for the lot other than the consignment shop in the back 1st floor (and maybe the restrooms above it). Of course that started me to think how to change the lot to make it fit the Sims 3 better and I came up with the idea of trying to recreate the lot using a couple of the rabbit holes. Would this work? would you still be able to maintain the look of the old lot? So today I sat down and built a lot (using 72 Elm Street) to try this out and here is what I came up with.........

71 Elm Street in the Sims 1
    71%20Elm.jpg

My original Sims 3 Build
    Screenshot-26.jpg

The "Rabbit Hole" version with the original to compare
    Screenshot-22.jpg
    Screenshot-25.jpg

In the Rabbit hole version this gives you the grocery, Bistro, and Bookstore a bit more practical for the Sims 3 I think. I figure the consignment shop can go just about anywhere so I will probably look to place that over in the Downtown area. Would love to hear comments about this lot.....The build continues
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    The rabbit hole version would be great for the world! :) It would provide many facilities on the one lot. Sims could visit the one lot to attend their work as well as buy items and dine there. It looks great how you have placed the rabbit holes on the lot. It is nice how you done the outdoors tables and chairs section in the front right area of the build. The layout of the lot reflects well the original sims 1, 71 Elm street layout.
    It will be a nice and a very helpful lot to have in the world, for sims to visit. :)
  • Options
    Thank you again Rose! It is good to know that I am on the right track with these builds and was a bit worried that lot would not reflect the original lot.

Ok so back to the residential area and the lot which will appear on 8 Sim Lane. This lot was originally built in my Sims 1 save 2 on 56 Ingleside Drive. This house also went through some big changes because of the added hot tub on the second floor. Sometimes I miss the original Sims object footprints...lol

The Sims 1 version
    56%20Ingleside.jpg

and the Sims 3 Version (The garage is not on the original version)
    Screenshot-14_1.jpg
    Screenshot-15_1.jpg
    Screenshot-16.jpg
    Screenshot-17_1.jpg

Next I will be working on The Gothic Quarter and Lake Barrett, I enjoy jumping back and forth between the residential and community builds, it helps me keep my mind fresh and stay away from repetition in either lot type. More as the build continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Your new sims 3 home is very nice! :) The water fountain in the front of the home looks very nice with the flowers around the sides of it! The layout of the build reflects well the sims 1 version. Very nice outdoors areas! The raised outdoors kitchen and dining patio is very nice! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool, having a drink from the pool bar whilst in pool, or enjoy relaxing poolside on the loungers under the umbrella. The layout and furnishing of the interior of the home is very nice!
    It is good to swap between doing the residential and community areas of your world WIP. I am glad that you are enjoying working on the builds /areas of the world. They are looking great! :)
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Ha love all the new updates!
  • Options
    Thanks Megan it has been real fun going back to those old builds and giving them a "Face Lift"...lol
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Finished up the Community Lots (minus 1 at 70 Elm Street, the "Pet Paradise") thought I would share those lots with everyone

For the Gothic Quarter I looked at the description from the Sims 1 and since it said "mysterious shops" I figured the Elixir register and Relics register would be a good fit for that build.
    Sims 1 Lot:
    75Maple.jpg
    Sims 3 Build:
    Screenshot-4_2.jpg
    1st Floor
    Screenshot-8_3.jpg
    Screenshot-6_2.jpg
    Screenshot-7_2.jpg
    2nd Floor
    Screenshot-23_1.jpg
    Screenshot-22_1.jpg
    Screenshot-5_1.jpg

Lake Barrett was a no brainer as for me growing up a "Pool Hall" was our arcade.
    Sims 1 Lot:
    74Maple.jpg
    Sims 3 Build:
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    1st Floor
    Screenshot-46.jpg
    2nd Floor
    Screenshot-45.jpg

Will have pics of the Nectary and Live Show venue up shortly.....
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    For 58 Ingleside Drive I looked again at the Sims1 description and was almost tempted to make this either a dog park or cat jungle but thought about the pool and basketball courts and "Performance Park" came to mind, which is why I decided to make this a live show venue

The Sims 1 lot:
    58%20Ingleside.jpg
    The Sims 3 Build:
    Screenshot-38_1.jpg
    Screenshot-34_2.jpg
    Screenshot-37_2.jpg

Custer's Market at 61 Happy Trail was no doubt destined to be a wine.....ummm Nectary and tried to keep the original look but HAD to add the barn
    The Sims 1 Lot:
    61%20HappyTrail.jpg
    The Sims 3 Build:
    Screenshot-40_1.jpg
    Screenshot-43_1.jpg
    Screenshot-41_1.jpg

Yes right now I have no life...lol! I missed the Spring term enrollment at my new college so I have to wait till the summer to get back to school and my part time work is only a few hours a day so yes I have A LOT of time on my hands lately....lol
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    The community lot builds look very great! :) Your choices of what type of lot to make the builds are great. You have reflected well into the sims 3 version the original sims 1 builds. Each of the builds look great! :)
    I am sorry that you missed the Spring term enrolment for your studies, and that you will now need to wait to enrol for the Summer term. I hope that your part time work is going well. Have fun simming ! :)
  • Options
    Thank you Rose, I had trouble registering at the new college I had to wait for my community college to finish evaluating my transcripts for graduation so I missed the chance to register, but no big loss and actually kind of glad it happened as it gave me some time to take care of other things that needed to get done (and no this project was not one of them....lol)

last night after work I came home and began to look at the remaining residential lots in the Sims 1 I need to start adding the shells into Maxis Island and noticed that there were three that could easily be converted into multi-family dwellings. 57 Ingleside Drive, 78 Maple and 80 Crumplebottom Court were originally set as single family homes but their set-up really said they could easily be made into something else. Here is the first, 80 Crumplebottom Court (As I started to build the shell things just started to fall into place and I just kept on going).....

The Sims 1 Version:
    80%20Crumplebottom.jpg

And the Sims 3 Version:
    Screenshot-5_2.jpg
    Screenshot-9_3.jpg
    Screenshot-6_3.jpg
    Screenshot-7_3.jpg
    Screenshot-8_4.jpg

57 Ingleside I am going to try to hopefully make it a starter and keep it priced for a single new sim to move in. 78 Maple I am going to try to keep it within the 2 Sims family budget. More as this project continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Your sims 3 version of Crumplebottom Court is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of the home! The front area of the home is very nice! It looks very nice how you done the three covered over patio areas there! It looks nice how you have placed the windows there. The plants, flowers and trees look nice how you have placed them at the front area of the home. The seats look great there, and the ground paving is nice. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home. Great back patio outdoors dining area. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating outdoors in the air.
    The build is great! :)
  • Options
    Thank you Rose I am really happy with the way this one turned out.

Well finally decided on what to do with Pet Paradise (70 Elm Street) and hopefully everyone will forgive me for NOT making this a dog park or cat jungle. Although I never got the limited edition Pets with the Pet register I did build the exact lot from Sims 1 and left the middle building empty for anyone that does have that item. After looking at the lots and seeing that 67 Old Farm Circle is actually an empty lot in Sims 1 I decided to make the Pet Paradise a horse Ranch and place the Equestrian Center on the lot at Old Farm Circle. Here are the pics.....

Sims 1 Version:
    70%20Elm.jpg

Sims 3 Version:
    Screenshot-16_1.jpg
    Screenshot-21_1.jpg
    Screenshot-15_2.jpg
    Screenshot-22_2.jpg

Should have the rest of the shells for Old Town built into the "Build" world by the end of the week (I have a copy of the world exported to build in the game and not in CAW's Edit-in-Game) More as the build continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    It is great that you have made the lot a horse ranch. The training grounds section will be great for the sims to train their horses. It looks great how you have set up the jumps course. It looks nice how you have done the outdoors sitting area where there are the hedge fencing corners, and seat benches. Sims will sitting there in the sunshine. The horse sculptures look nice either sides of the front pathway. It looks great how you have placed the kennels.
    The layout of the sims 3 version reflects well the sims 1 lot. The build looks great! :)
  • Options
    Thank you Rose! I really am trying to keep the feel of the Sims 1 as much as possible.

Here is the next completed lot for Maxis Island, 56 Ingleside Drive - The Kat family home. Since most of these builds are fairly straight forward I found it easier (and a bit quicker) to use the blueprint tool to help build a few of these lots......

The Sims 1 version:
    Old56%20Ingleside.jpg

And the Sims 3 Version:
    Screenshot-26_1.jpg
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    Screenshot-28_1.jpg

I have completed all of the shells for every occupied lot in the old town area in the Sims 1 so more lots to come........
    NewSig.jpg