Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    @aricarai -- Thanks! :)
    That's the steakhouse rabbithole in Appaloosa Plains. :)

@TinySpaceFox -- Thanks! :)
    And yes, you're right... they must be confident, or just crazy teens in love! ;)

@CravenLestat -- Happy belated birthday! :grin::smiley:
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    @coco Thanks for the compliments. :blush: Nope, no other special sliders used on my sims, just added that cleft chin one. :)
    How's your gameplay going?

At the moment it's not :weary:

Well, that's strictly not true as yesterday I was playing around with the gym in SV. Just updating it a bit, adding a sauna, rock climbing and barre activities. When I thought that I'd probably used enough memory for one session I quit and tried to get back in but it keeps crashing after the intro video. I tried like 5 times, even after restarting. It must be a mod or something I've added recently, but I just don't know why it lets me play and then sometimes it doesn't. It's been bugging me so much. I can hardly sleep when something's wrong with the game, and the last few months for me have been awful in that respect. Rant over :sweat::cry:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @coco have you tried to start a fresh Sims 3 folder and then add the mods one at a time (or a few at a time) until you narrow it down to the problem?

I've sometimes taken days doing this and finally found the culprit. I remember once it was a hair that I had in my game for years, but the first time I used it that save was no longer able to open.

But since you don't even get your game to load, the only mod I know of that does that is the NRAAS Cupcake mod and it only does it if you don't have the bakery installed.

Do you have any mods that are expecting a particular item to be present in the game and that item is not there?

Sorry I can't be very helpful.

I hope you get it sorted soon.
  • Options
    Hunter_CottoneyeHunter_Cottoneye Posts: 48 Member
    Karritz, I just love the world and those pictures are awesome. Thank you very much for your comments.

Coco, I feel sad about your problem, but try to do a backup and search for possible solutions online. Do not end up frustrated there is always a solution.

I have a few weeks playing with Hunter. I made him a young adult and I used reward points to change a few traits like an evil spirit and crazy for good sense of humor and love to sail.

27710234_121223075361970_5968826039868125125_o.jpg?oh=77fd6f03738ed2a3f157990b363a3d8b&oe=5B0D3A4F

During these weeks Hunter has been learning how to catch fish, how to create a digital aquarium in his bunker and how to meet strange people at bars.

28061474_137746473709630_6863339627806504948_o.jpg?oh=126405118b4175b2adb799b9f7801d69&oe=5B1820DD

28165034_137747260376218_1245727685172339768_o.jpg?oh=51bf6b7a8416c713580ecfb59f6a93eb&oe=5B101051

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Page 2362 (cont.)

@jillbg That's a very intriguing teaser! The pic with everyone gathered around the alien child in bed is very moving :(

@MamaSimTee Willie aged up well :) There's also a lot I have never done in the game but I am not yet bored of how I play and there is plenty of time to try other things :)
    It looks like Emma is fitting into University nicely!

@Charlottesmom Awwwww Morty as a toddler :)
    You named the fish? :p
    Beau! It's bad enough you drank from Matthew but what the heck? :o:p
    I have only seen reading a bedtime story once in my game but that is because my sim kids never get tired enough for the interaction. The time I did see it was when one of my sims was visiting his girlfriend's house and her younger sister asked him to do it.
    Richie doesn't look too shabby! :)
    LOL at Ulan chanelling L :D:D
    I like his makeover!
    Connor being too shy to get a kiss is adorable <3
    I have always had a soft spot for Stiles and I think he looks great as a mime :)

@CravenLestat Lovely art! <3
  • Options
    Page 2363

@king_of_simcity7 How long did it take them to tend that huge garden!? Great pics :)

@bekkasan Thanks for the lovely comments :) I think she died because I don't use Nraas SP while my sims travel or go to university. One day I will get around to doing a setting that suits those worlds and export it but, for now, I just turn it off and use a few of the other mods to control things I can't accept. I don't want sims in those worlds to progress at all.
    I can manage large households but university would be challenging with them all taking different classes and being in different places all the time. You have patience! :)
    My sims are always rolling wishes to mind meld but I only let them do it occasionally. It is fun animation though :)
    Adam is having fun with his skeleton :D
    Congrats to Maggie on getting her first belt and on winning! :)
    I need to do that! I have had families that have jammed together and it is so much fun :)

@Hunter_Cottoneye Hunter looks good in uniform :)

@emorrill Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    I have some sims with very low mouths but I leave it because I know they will grow out of it.
    Some of my adults and elders look okay when their mouths drop but some are frightful. This is the first save I have changed the height of my adult sims' mouths because I got a slider for it that doesn't affect other ages. Otherwise, I never change the genetics of my sims.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I'm out at the shopping centre and on my phone. Just read the last few posts.

@polrbear nice pictures.

@Hunter_Cottoneye thanks for your comment.

I just wanted to say the whole time I had my mermaids in the Skylight House in Isla Paradiso I had no problems. They had all in one bathrooms everywhere and they used them. Since I've been in Cake Island with no all in one bathrooms and showers and toilets only in bathrooms near their beds I've had 2 mermaids lose their occult type. I put it back and added all in one bathrooms on a couple of levels. They started using them immediately. Next time I launch the game I'll put more of those bathrooms on other levels.

Must go now. Might not be back on the forum again until tomorrow.
  • Options
    Page 2364

@polrbear Nice makeover for Riley :)
    I love Cid! He tweaked him a little but he's awfully cute even in his natural state :)
    They are getting on beautifully! :)
    LOL at Cid's reaction to Rose leaving! He doesn't have the best traits and can be a handful but I still like him :)

@coco Sorry you are having problems with your game :( I hope you can work out what mod is causing it. Good luck!
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2018
    Three completely different bunk types used,never in my simming history had issue with any bunk beds or does it require space away from wall

Bed one

YDPRwMx.png

X5TyYpX.png

oOMjhHx.png

Bed two

g4bzr3b.png

Ur5W0W1.png

ZmYy1XD.png

Bed three

n1f9hro.png

a8mgBcH.png

And the beds with just upper bunk and space beneath I moo awesome setups under them or just put a desk with pc normally

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    I could never walk on hot embers like that. :flushed: I am protective of my feet! (Plus the skin is so sensitive down there! )
    Wait. William didn't walk on the embers? :confused:

Thanks for the comments, @emorrill !
    William has to make his mind up about staying in Sunlit Tides before taking part in the ceremony - he only learned about it today and it's a big decision to make.

I don't know if I would have the courage to walk on embers, but from what I've read it doesn't hurt your feet at all because coal is a poor conductor, ash is a good isolator, and it's done very quickly so the feet are only touching the hot coal for a very short moment. (The last bit is the scary part, because what if you're not quick enough?)

• Options
    @PalmArrow Nothing to be scared of,completely harmless.Those coals are absolutely harmless...

See...

Lalala

tV1lcxm.gif

I shouldn't have worn long pants :#

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @CravenLestat , see, i told you it was harmless! :smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Mikezumi I exited the game before they finished lol

Anyway I am back at work today. Let's see if the next two days go as quick as the last two days!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    I went to a job interview this morning. If Im lucky I might have a job over summer
    not had a real job the last couple years so would be so awesome if so. Its at a company
    I worked at before.

@emorrill haha Yeah, had first intended for Bree and him,
    but I find him and audra more cute togheter.

@Karritz Nice photos I need to try the emrmaids soon

@bekkasan Lovely update

More later as im off out in a bit.
  • Options
    Well for fun time to show uses for the top bunk type beds Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Cuddle nest for love birds

nb9GLb5.png

5TiRbPY.png

9fXNxlJ.png

Video game center

ec0JXOq.png

5eHlHlh.png

Arcade and sound

Ze901Cl.png

Video game area for nerds

0H1Wzl1.png

GyrYaxS.png

Mini fridge and ice cream

RDKLf82.png

Mmmmm ice cream....Hey there is a hott girl in my bed,Why am I eating ice cream and not making sweet love by the fire :# My priorities were off

fRdlBSm.png

Of course there are a billion other things and the bed stays functional great for tiny home living etc.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Not a good start at work today. I think that it is best that I leave

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited February 2018
    Likes and Awesomes handed out! <3

@polrbear - Your Sims always look so beautiful! I really like Riley's makeover!

@Mikezumi - Awww poor John being dropped. My heart dropped a little when I saw they way he reacted to Jordan. He looked really hurt. :(

@Hunter_Cottoneye - I had no idea that Hunter was in the game! Oooh he's handsome! Woweeee!

@CravenLestat - I knew you could put things under the bed, but I hadn't thought to try all of those combos! Awesome!
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    @coco have you tried to start a fresh Sims 3 folder and then add the mods one at a time (or a few at a time) until you narrow it down to the problem?

I've sometimes taken days doing this and finally found the culprit. I remember once it was a hair that I had in my game for years, but the first time I used it that save was no longer able to open.

But since you don't even get your game to load, the only mod I know of that does that is the NRAAS Cupcake mod and it only does it if you don't have the bakery installed.

Do you have any mods that are expecting a particular item to be present in the game and that item is not there?

Sorry I can't be very helpful.

I hope you get it sorted soon.
    I haven’t turned on my computer today so yes that’s the next step. Generating a new folder was the first thing I tried yesterday and it loaded up fine then. It’s almost certainly some weird conflict. The only script mods that I got recently were from Nraas (not the cupcake one), but I’ve been able to play since getting them so I don’t know.

I don’t think so. I don’t own the bakery set or anything like that.

A little while ago CravenLestat gave me some poses and when I tried adding them to the mods folder, the game did the same thing and refused to get to the main menu. But I’ve been able to play with them all in eventually. There doesn’t seem to be a pattern which is annoying me.

It requires more testing though. Maybe tomorrow. I hate it when I have to spend more time troubleshooting the game rather than playing it. Luckily I have a lot of backups so I’m not truly worried.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@polrbear I enjoyed the update. Charlotte and Helen made good use of the showers! Awww, Rose and Cid look cute together.

@coco Sorry about your issues. Was going to pretty much say the same thing that @karritz did about new folder without mods and add a few at a time until you find an issue. Mine was a pair of shoes that I added to game, as soon as I put the shoes on someone in stylist, game would crash as it went back from stylist to game. They were not an issue until I put them on someone. Now, when I add stuff to game I have a test save with a test family that get to try out the stuff first so it will not bork my 'real' game.

@Hunter_Cottoneye That is a very strange person at the bar!

@Mikezumi Thanks for the comments. They are a handful, but it has been fun letting them be more autonomous. I still set up certain things for them to do as a group and I keep a close eye on them when they are running around between classes.
    Love your sequence pictures on the keg stand fail. Poor Jordan, he didn't do it on purpose John! Quit fussing! :smiley:

@Silverofdreams30 Good luck with the job! Thanks!

@CravenLestat Do you realize how dangerous it is to climb ladders wearing heels! Of course you don't, you don't wear heels. Silly dude! :lol:
  • Options
    @polrbear I love C ( I started typing his name like that),
    Great update, need to play with unviersity soon myself.

@bekkasan Thank you

@aricarai need to catch up with your recent video this weekend,
    been so busy this week.,

@king_of_simcity7 Great screenshots of the greenhouse

@Mikezumi Lovely updates as always

@Charlottesmom Will read your recent update later today

@Karritz Lovely updates

• Options
    Here is a new small update

[img][/img]fZ3zHKk.jpg

Brees mom was invited to a feast giving party

[img][/img]OE4wkhc.jpg

Mae West and Bo Bradley chit chatted

[img][/img]WzRWOdj.jpg

This guest decided it was good to play outside in the cold weather.

[img][/img]GKv9FdT.jpg

Feast dinner

[img][/img]OuhPs3o.jpg

More scenery before I switched out the lignthning mod

All for now

• Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @CravenLestat , You got me curious about the bunk beds because I know I've had issues with two of the beds you said have no issues..

Clare tested a bunch of beds and had no issues with any of them..

39502430095_77b6526ee9_c.jpg

39502429775_d01c7859b9_c.jpg

39502429165_3049648b8f_c.jpg

39502428955_6cf60e7fc5_c.jpg

This bed was a huge issue with a bunch of my kids...Claire had no issues.

39502428845_f53834b725_c.jpg

Just for giggles I decided to see if the problem bed from yesterday was a problem for her..

Even not pulled away from the wall she had no problem.

39502428675_e024b35c96_c.jpg

39502428335_cc7cf87c4f_c.jpg

Tried it with Jared...

Wall climber...!!

39502427805_fe7bb2e833_c.jpg

39502427455_48c337bede_c.jpg

so my mind naturally went to "well males are just big dummies..." (kidding-- I adore males!!)

Tried it with Richie...he had no issues

39502426025_1f83ecaa60_c.jpg

So now I think it's just certain Sims have issues for some reason...Spiderman gene?? ;)

Now if I could get this fixed! :s

35061606464_88d1f2b29e_c.jpg

When doing a 4x4 I love shoving stuff under the loft, it certainly comes in handy! It's cool all the stuff you can shove under there and still use it.

35091423323_914c7d3188_c.jpg

:smiley:
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Just seen your comment. Thanks for the feedback and nice updates :smile: I haven't had any time to catch up yet and only just got back from work.

Anyway things ended on a positive note for once and now to relax for a few hours :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @polrbear , the game always chooses the worst outerwear combinations! But your version of Riley is cute. I've never seen Cyd Serverus as a vampire before, but the fangs go very well with his temper.

@Charlottesmom , your experiment with Claire, Jared and bunk beds is hilarious! But now I know what to do if I ever need a screenshot of a sim climbing a wall. (At least if it's a male sim!)

@Hunter_Cottoneye , Hunter is so cute in your game. That's a scary looking barmaid, though!

@Mikezumi , ouch! The keg stand fail made me laugh and feel sympathy pain in my face at the same time! But my favourite thing about these screenshots is their fellow elder student. He seems to be thinking "I told you not to try the keg stand, boys."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top