Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open for Business the first expansion? New concept art suggests so!

Look at all of these new concepts, to me they scream a new business expansion, there are cash registers, shelves with different types of flowers for a flower shop? Store signs and the street picture suggest world editing and shops in the background!
e0d909d68a6aac9657ef06fd36dd0230_large.jpg
b7b3dca9bf950c215ce04cf99d1a68cf_large.jpg
windowGator.jpg
snapdragonFlowerRackandConcept.jpg
signCrossroads.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Makes me think of New Orleans. :)
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited November 2014
    I was just LITERALLY about to post this.

The first picture isn't concept art btw. It's literally a screenshot of the game in developers mode.

Which means it's made the game.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Here's another picture that you missed :p

15245095484_2196ef222d_b.jpg

and some more Concept Art:

15841542556_bf6a335ec7_b.jpg
  • Options

Well Willow Creek is based on New Orleans :p
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

and some more Concept Art:

15841542556_bf6a335ec7_b.jpg

Thanks for that was just about to update but if these are expansion pack ideas i will be happy but i hope to see more!

• Options
    SanhoSanho Posts: 56 Member
    No no no no no no no no. I'm disappointed ; _ ; I wanted a family EP.
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited November 2014

Well Willow Creek is based on New Orleans :p

It always reminded me of the southern US, but not New Orleans specifically - I had no idea it was based on it.

I am excited to see what appear to be restaurant windows & counters. :)
  • Options
    AmovitamsimAmovitamsim Posts: 38 Member
    I'm very excited about this pictures! The DJ booth looks fantastic! I hope it will make it into the game.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Sanho wrote: »

I don't think that Maxis realized that a toddlers-plus EP was going to be desperately called for until post-release feedback (I do they get it now: there was a SimGuru-led topic with serious discussion about toddlers & family play in September); by then this first EP would have been well into its development cycle.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

EA need to focus on things for our Sims to do, before worrying about family stuff.

Family stuff is nice, but The Sims 4 needs Gameplay. Having a toddler and family interactions just gives us more to do in terms of things we already have.
    Right now, we need more to experience.

Family will probably come 2nd or 3rd. Family Fun Stuff (which also brought in new interactions) and Generations both came 4th in release order.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    This is the link for Sims VIP where these pics obviously came from: http://simsvip.com/2014/11/24/the-sims-4-concepts-game-art-by-caiphus-moore/

If you notice there are also 'concept art' from objects we already have.
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member

This so much! If this is true, there goes any future purchases I would make with this series.
    tumblr_nbijvtxnUF1qmmt27o1_500.gif

*Passes out from exhaustion*
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Very cool! I'm not so sure I like that clunky water tower in the middle of an urban business setting, but the images look good.

The guitar sign with the knife and fork screams "hard rock cafe" diner to me.

so, flower shops, possibly grocers?, and restaurants!

• Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    Hopefully my Sims will be able to eat Gumbo soon!

From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Perhaps they will patch toddlers, family tree etc in for free.

I wouldn't get your hopes too high
  • Options
    WhereAreMahPantsWhereAreMahPants Posts: 31 Member
    edited November 2014
    Looks businessy. Here's to hoping they come up with completely new ideas for expansions this go-around, too, instead of having more of the same from Sims games past.

> @SelenaGrey said:
    > Perhaps they will patch toddlers, family tree etc in for free.

I'm rather suspicious they'll do this, too. Kind of like how they patched in the ghosts and pools.
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    This is very exciting! :)
  • Options
    b7b3dca9bf950c215ce04cf99d1a68cf_large.jpg

lol...and what is this thing? I'm not so sure I want that in my town square! Hopefully we can edit and put in a nice fountain or something.
  • Options
    WhereAreMahPantsWhereAreMahPants Posts: 31 Member
    Looks like a weird bird/lobster hybrid wearing oven mitts.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited November 2014

EA need to focus on things for our Sims to do, before worrying about family stuff.

Family stuff is nice, but The Sims 4 needs Gameplay. Having a toddler and family interactions just gives us more to do in terms of things we already have.

Family will probably come 2nd or 3rd. Family Fun Stuff (which also brought in new interactions) and Generations both came 4th in release order.

So, fans should pay $40-50 for a concept they might not want (because it looks like it adds a new neighborhood) with items and interactions pre-set by the developers that will have just as much task-oriented gameplay as the base game and will probably be very shallow. And then be content to wait for an expansion pack that meets their needs but is more of an afterthought and not that important?

You seem to overlook the fact that the base game not including toddlers was a deal-breaker for many, and that's why so many players have gone back to playing TS2/TS3, or in some cases, stop playing all together. Obviously family play is meaningless to you, but since this has been a staple of all the Sims iterations starting with Sims 2, it's important to a *lot* of people.

And Selena, you *have* to realize that even *if* toddlers are patched in, (which they won't be), they'd have to be limited and just a sop to the generational players to keep them from walking away altogether. I know you love the to-do lists part of the game and things you *have* to do to get ahead, but if you think you're going to have any say in how to run your business, I'm pretty sure it's going to remain scripted and you are going to have to do their tasks before you can do yours.

If this expansion pack sells well, then EA won't bother to put toddlers in because they'll realize a lot of players will buy the game without them and have accepted the lack of toddlers as unimportant. And I seriously doubt that the expansion pack will add more depth to the game...just a lot of extra to-do lists.

I learned never to say never, but this is one I'm not going to rush out to buy. If I can ever get my hands on a decent computer, I'm going to reinstall my TS2 and TS3 games. Yeah, EA, ain't it a shame when players have to revert to playing past versions of The Sims to get their enjoyment back?

ETA: Yes, but we already had toddlers and family play in the game. The stuff pack and the expansion packs you mention just added to what was already *there* in the first place. What part of "We're unhappy that there's no toddlers in this game" do you not understand?

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    If this is actually EP art concept...ABOUT TIME! And it better be business we have been asking for this since the begining of The Sims 3 and all we got were some dirty old rugs and teleporting cashiers.... :neutral_face:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

Meh... this is spoken like the true target EA assumed they were selling the game to. This is the TS3 trap, buy useless EPs and extend the life of a dull game by giving the players distractions, that get boring after a couple hours/weeks. What TS4 needs *is* game play--and raising a family with all of the life stages that players have come to take for granted is one of the main aspects of game play.

Having another place to busker and grab a drink just gives us more to do in terms of things we already have. How many times are you going to have your sims DJ at a party, huh? Compare these concept art teasers to EA adding a family tree and completing the life stages. That little DJ station is NOT game play. A big useless statue is NOT game play. Don't get me wrong, OFB is one of my all time favourite EPs, but if you had asked me to delete half of my story (you know the omg I just made a new gen part after the sim gets pregnant with her first child) to install it, I would have been happy to go without.

I'm not buying any EPs until EA puts toddlers in the game.

Call to Arms: Anyone who wants toddlers back in the game and buys EPs or anything else for TS4 without them being added, you're the one to blame when EA doesn't take consumer and fan complaints seriously. Let's put our money where our mouths are.

And for those of you don't care for toddlers, please enjoy troubleshooting the bugs of the new EP for us who are waiting...
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Perhaps they will patch toddlers, family tree etc in for free.

I hope so. This post just made me want to uninstall my TS4 game. :disappointed:
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Yeah, I think this pretty much confirms Open for Business WILL in fact be the first expansion pack for TS4, or at least coming VERY soon. This isn't concept art, either, it's actual pictures from the game client itself, which further proves so.

Judging by the screenshots, it looks like it'll expand Willow Creek with a shopping district including a grocery store, new club, food stands, restaurants, and other various shops.
  • Options

I could see a use for the water tower if it was interactable by teens. You know, they climb it and hangout with friends and stuff like teens do. But then, there is no curfew, or cops, that they could get in to trouble for doing that.

If it's purely a decorative object, it doesn't fit with a downtown business theme.