The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open for Business the first expansion? New concept art suggests so!

Comments

• Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    These pics are making me pretty excited. Although I still hope for them to fix the culling of townies...
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    I"m very excited for this EP! However I'm sad that we are not getting a Generations/Family type EP with toddlers, for those who really want them. But this particular EP is more what I'd like, so I can't help but be happy for it.

Don't worry toddler fans, I'm sure they will bring them to the game soon enough. We can't have every EP released first. If they released a Generations EP first, people who were most looking forward to Seasons/Pets/OFB/Vacations/Supernatural/University would be disappointed. The same for no matter what EP it was.

I have confidence that EA is going to bring toddlers to the game in some way.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    happygurl wrote: »
    These pics are making me pretty excited. Although I still hope for them to fix the culling of townies...

I'm hoping that, and the family tree are part of what they are looking to fix with the December patch.

• Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    I know toddlers are essential to a lot of players, but to people like me, I'm ok with or without them. I hope the people who want them eventually get them, but they are not a crucial component to my game.

I, personally, would love an OFB type EP.

Tday3_zps00758527.png
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    b7b3dca9bf950c215ce04cf99d1a68cf_large.jpg

lol...and what is this thing? I'm not so sure I want that in my town square! Hopefully we can edit and put in a nice fountain or something.

What the ever loving plum?? That thing is hideously 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lol!

#candefinitelylivewithoutthatthing

Tday3_zps00758527.png
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    Jonalin wrote: »

lol...and what is this thing? I'm not so sure I want that in my town square! Hopefully we can edit and put in a nice fountain or something.

Tday3_zps00758527.png

It's giant....crab....bird...crabbird! Who hasn't ever heard of a crabbird! ;)

Personally I love it. As much as I'm not a fan of some of the sillier things of the game (angry pooping and peeing like a champion) I think this is pretty funny.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Family play Simmers: Open for Business is the first expansion pack? What about toddlers and family trees?!

EA: 50laugh.gif
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    RitchieRitchie Posts: 107 Member
    edited November 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

Tday3_zps00758527.png

Crabbird is fine, don't make it birdcrap though.
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    If OFB is the first EP as these pics seem to indicate, then that's just another slap in the face to everyone of us waiting on toddlers and family play. As much as I'd love an OFB EP, I'm just not buying anything until they add toddlers/family/generations/family tree/story progression. I have Sims 1, 2, and 3 I can play so EA can just hold there breath waiting on another dime from me. Yes this angers me quite a bit and I'm ranting some but I'm tired of the lies and supporting a company that doesn't care about there loyal fans.

Also, just how is it suddenly ok to leak photos for OFB yet they claim they can't give us an answer on toddlers?
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Makes me think of New Orleans. :)
    Hopefully my Sims will be able to eat Gumbo soon!

Yours & mine both!
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    This is the link for Sims VIP where these pics obviously came from: http://simsvip.com/2014/11/24/the-sims-4-concepts-game-art-by-caiphus-moore/

If you notice there are also 'concept art' from objects we already have.

On the developers blog, it said it was a mix of current and old projects.

The pictures he uploaded of things we already have in game, were also on the internet a while ago. The ones in this thread, have never been seen.
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Yey! I LOVE Open For Business so this will be a great expansion. And the neighborhood reminds me of this song.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Goes to show that they really don't fully understand the diversity of the Sims community. They have made the game into an MMO basically, they have taken away many features that make the Sims, THE SIMS, and now instead of fixing what is wrong, they are "leaking" concept art for their first EP. I just really feel abused by EA. Are we not good enough because you don't see us as "real' gamers?

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE OFB in my Sims 2 game. But my sims in that game are fleshed out, they have more emotions that my Sim 4 simmies. EA needs to work on that instead of an EP.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I'm not into that kind of gameplay, but it's good news for the many players who've been wanting it to make a return.

As for me... eh, yay for saving my money I guess. xD
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

Tday3_zps00758527.png

Personally I love it. As much as I'm not a fan of some of the sillier things of the game (angry pooping and peeing like a champion) I think this is pretty funny.

LoL @ crabbird! I think you nailed the name lol!

Tday3_zps00758527.png
  • Options
    Family play Simmers: Open for Business is the first expansion pack? What about toddlers and family trees?!

EA: 50laugh.gif

Is my memory correct? You don't even play Sims 4, do you? (just curious...)

Tday3_zps00758527.png
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    edited November 2014
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Sanho wrote: »
    No no no no no no no no. I'm disappointed ; _ ; I wanted a family EP.

EA need to focus on things for our Sims to do, before worrying about family stuff.

Family stuff is nice, but The Sims 4 needs Gameplay. Having a toddler and family interactions just gives us more to do in terms of things we already have.
    Right now, we need more to experience.

Family will probably come 2nd or 3rd. Family Fun Stuff (which also brought in new interactions) and Generations both came 4th in release order.

Toddlers is gameplay. Toddlers is practically a symbol for everyone that loves legacy and family style GAMEPLAY, I'm guessing you're not a generational/legacy player or don't care much for toddlers and families, but for those of us who do family play is the whole game. That is what we want to experience.

If EA waits that long to bring in toddlers, I will be FURIOUS. This game is broken to me without family gameplay and it's really hard for me to play, all of my families are in stasis and aren't having any children because of this horrible situation. I'm tired of people that don't play toddlers saying that they're just more work and aren't gameplay. I enjoy that "work" to me growing and developing a family is the entire gameplay of the sims, the same as other people enjoy grinding their sims to the top of their careers. Not having toddlers for me is as if they released the game with no careers and sims couldn't leave their home lot, that is how broken the game looks to me.

Creating and developing a complex family is the gameplay that I want to experience, so they need to roll out a family EP ASAP or they're going to loose me as a customer, I can't hold out for this stuff much longer. I've been playing since TS1 and if they continue to jerk me around on this for much longer, I will leave this series. I'm tired of seeing everyone else get what they want in pool patches and ghosts and everything else while us family players are ignored.

It had better come 1st or 2nd otherwise I will be boycotting all EP's and future content of TS4 until we get toddlers and family gameplay back, because for some of us that is the entire experience and gameplay, though you may not see it that way, the way that we play is just as valid as anyone else's.

If they wait until the 4th EP to release a family EP, I will be LIVID. There wasn't as much need in TS3 to release a generations EP first or second, TS3 didn't have a cracked-wacked up base game that totally messed up 2 lifestages. Right now the base game of TS4 is BROKEN in my opinion because teenagers look like adults, babies are nothing but objects and toddlers were just tossed out without a care. That is unacceptable in my opinion and what they need to do is FIX IT and sooner rather than later, because if not, these forums will erupt in riots. I will get OFB if it's the first EP, but if the second EP isn't a family theme or they wait until the 4th EP to release it, I am going to boycott all EP's until they release a family EP. I will accept the first as OFB and will probably get it if it's OFB, but if the second EP isn't a family EP, I am boycotting all EP's until they release a family EP. It's ridiculous that we even have to ask to have toddlers put back in the game in the first place, messed up ridiculous base game. A family EP should have been first for this horrible borked up base game.

Family stuff isn't just 'nice' it's integral--EDIT: At least to me, and a ton of other simmers.
  • Options

EA need to focus on things for our Sims to do, before worrying about family stuff.

Family stuff is nice, but The Sims 4 needs Gameplay. Having a toddler and family interactions just gives us more to do in terms of things we already have.

Family will probably come 2nd or 3rd. Family Fun Stuff (which also brought in new interactions) and Generations both came 4th in release order.

Meh... this is spoken like the true target EA assumed they were selling the game to. This is the TS3 trap, buy useless EPs and extend the life of a dull game by giving the players distractions, that get boring after a couple hours/weeks. What TS4 needs *is* game play--and raising a family with all of the life stages that players have come to take for granted is one of the main aspects of game play.

Having another place to busker and grab a drink just gives us more to do in terms of things we already have. How many times are you going to have your sims DJ at a party, huh? Compare these concept art teasers to EA adding a family tree and completing the life stages. That little DJ station is NOT game play. A big useless statue is NOT game play. Don't get me wrong, OFB is one of my all time favourite EPs, but if you had asked me to delete half of my story (you know the omg I just made a new gen part after the sim gets pregnant with her first child) to install it, I would have been happy to go without.

I'm not buying any EPs until EA puts toddlers in the game.

Call to Arms: Anyone who wants toddlers back in the game and buys EPs or anything else for TS4 without them being added, you're the one to blame when EA doesn't take consumer and fan complaints seriously. Let's put our money where our mouths are.

And for those of you don't care for toddlers, please enjoy troubleshooting the bugs of the new EP for us who are waiting...

You're being slightly dramatic.

I UNDERSTAND people love generational play. But EA needs "content" to sell to the General Public (the main buyers of the game).

Do you honestly think an advertisement announcing "Toddlers" and new "Family" interactions is going to help the Sims 4 recover? That sounds like basic Sims content (which it is) and is what the General Public think the Sims already is.

A advertisement announcing new places for your Sims to go, and more content such as running a business, as well as being able to build your own business/shop/restaurant etc. is a much wider audience to appeal to then "oh your family can now have a picnic" and "toddlers are now in the game".

Sims fans need to understand why Generational stuff is released after the first year. Because it only appeals to a small fraction of players.

Remember, The Sims 1 didn't have Generational content at all, nor did it have more than three life stages and yet it was the best selling PC game of all time, at the time. The general players of The Sims aren't interested in what the diehard Sims fans are into.

They just want to build their own house, decorate, make Sims, create drama, and fufill needs and wants.

---

I understand why Generational players would be upset, but they have to understand the first Expansion Pack HAS to appeal to the general public MORE than the Fans. Because the first few Expansion Packs are what makes the Public side with the game, or ignore it.
  • Options

Toddlers is gameplay. Toddlers is practically a symbol for everyone that loves legacy and family style GAMEPLAY, I'm guessing you're not a generational/legacy player or don't care much for toddlers and families, but for those of us who do family play is the whole game. That is what we want to experience.

If EA waits that long to bring in toddlers, I will be FURIOUS. This game is broken to me without family gameplay and it's really hard for me to play, all of my families are in stasis and aren't having any children because of this horrible situation. I'm tired of people that don't play toddlers saying that they're just more work and aren't gameplay. I enjoy that "work" to me growing and developing a family is the entire gameplay of the sims, the same as other people enjoy grinding their sims to the top of their careers. Not having toddlers for me is as if they released the game with no careers and sims couldn't leave their home lot, that is how broken the game looks to me.

Creating and developing a complex family is the gameplay that I want to experience, so they need to roll out a family EP ASAP or they're going to loose me as a customer, I can't hold out for this stuff much longer. I've been playing since TS1 and if they continue to jerk me around on this for much longer, I will leave this series. I'm tired of seeing everyone else get what they want in pool patches and ghosts and everything else while us family players are ignored.

It had better come 1st or 2nd otherwise I will be boycotting all EP's and future content of TS4 until we get toddlers and family gameplay back, because for some of us that is the entire experience and gameplay, though you may not see it that way, the way that we play is just as valid as anyone else's.

If they wait until the 4th EP to release a family EP, I will be LIVID. There wasn't as much need in TS3 to release a generations EP first or second, TS3 didn't have a cracked-wacked up base game that totally messed up 2 lifestages. Right now the base game of TS4 is BROKEN in my opinion because teenagers look like adults, babies are nothing but objects and toddlers were just tossed out without a care. That is unacceptable in my opinion and what they need to do is FIX IT and sooner rather than later, because if not, these forums will erupt in riots. I will get OFB if it's the first EP, but if the second EP isn't a family theme or they wait until the 4th EP to release it, I am going to boycott all EP's until they release a family EP. I will accept the first as OFB and will probably get it if it's OFB, but if the second EP isn't a family EP, I am boycotting all EP's until they release a family EP. It's ridiculous that we even have to ask to have toddlers put back in the game in the first place, messed up ridiculous base game. A family EP should have been first for this horrible borked up base game.

Family stuff isn't just 'nice' it's integral

You certainly are all heated up about this, and that's your right. Your money, your opinion. Kudos :)

But I do take exception to your last statement. Toddlers (speaking only for myself), aren't integral to my game play. I toyed with them for a NewYorkMinute when you could push them in a stroller. Then, I was done. When I do/did play with kids, it was always from a child-age range, if at all.

Tday3_zps00758527.png
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Oh I hope so! That was my favourite EP of Sims 2 and I was gutted it wasn't included in the Sims 3.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Oh I hope so! That was my favourite EP of Sims 2 and I was gutted it wasn't included in the Sims 3.

Thats probably why it was chosen to be the first one worked on. It was the most requested from fans of both 2 and 3.

• Options

It was my favorite EP as well, hands down.

Tday3_zps00758527.png
  • Options
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

So, fans should pay $40-50 for a concept they might not want (because it looks like it adds a new neighborhood) with items and interactions pre-set by the developers that will have just as much task-oriented gameplay as the base game and will probably be very shallow. And then be content to wait for an expansion pack that meets their needs but is more of an afterthought and not that important?

You seem to overlook the fact that the base game not including toddlers was a deal-breaker for many, and that's why so many players have gone back to playing TS2/TS3, or in some cases, stop playing all together. Obviously family play is meaningless to you, but since this has been a staple of all the Sims iterations starting with Sims 2, it's important to a *lot* of people.

And Selena, you *have* to realize that even *if* toddlers are patched in, (which they won't be), they'd have to be limited and just a sop to the generational players to keep them from walking away altogether. I know you love the to-do lists part of the game and things you *have* to do to get ahead, but if you think you're going to have any say in how to run your business, I'm pretty sure it's going to remain scripted and you are going to have to do their tasks before you can do yours.

If this expansion pack sells well, then EA won't bother to put toddlers in because they'll realize a lot of players will buy the game without them and have accepted the lack of toddlers as unimportant. And I seriously doubt that the expansion pack will add more depth to the game...just a lot of extra to-do lists.

I learned never to say never, but this is one I'm not going to rush out to buy. If I can ever get my hands on a decent computer, I'm going to reinstall my TS2 and TS3 games. Yeah, EA, ain't it a shame when players have to revert to playing past versions of The Sims to get their enjoyment back?

ETA: Yes, but we already had toddlers and family play in the game. The stuff pack and the expansion packs you mention just added to what was already *there* in the first place. What part of "We're unhappy that there's no toddlers in this game" do you not understand?

Again, the first few packs are never aimed towards the fans. They are aimed towards the general public.

WHO said I didn't want Family stuff in the game? I'm being logical. University, World Adventures, Ambitions etc. are packs that focus on new Experiences to ensure that the Public buy the Game. If Generations was the first Expansion Pack for the Sims 3, The Sims 3 wouldn't have done as well as it did.

World Adventures was a HUGE EP in the grand scheme of things, but it was pretty much nothing what Sims fans were asking for.

Okay, no one is forcing you to buy an Expansion Pack that isn't aimed at you. Do you realise you're only supposed to pick the packs that interest you? I never bought Showtime for example, because that pack didn't interest me. Also, the pictures are based in Willow Creek. So there isn't a new world at this point.

You keep talking to me as if I'm responsible for this. I'm just being logical. Generational stuff is not what casual Sims players (the majority) are into. If it was, The Sims 2 console games wouldn't have sold as much as they did (they sold more than The Sims 2 PC game).

New things for players to experience is what the first few packs are based upon. Adding toddlers adds a familiar experience, but isn't anything new. The first EP's are always something new.

Also, they would have begun working on this before Toddlers were even announced as being absent. They are probably taking their time adding toddlers, while fully fleshing out the life stages.

Family stuff isn't just 'nice' it's integral

I am very much so a family player. It's why I play both The Sims 2 and The Sims 4 right now.
    But the General Public has shown to not be a Family player, they are a casual player. And the first Expansion packs are aimed toward the Public.

I'll mention this again, but only 6 million copies of The Sims 2 was sold on PC out of 25 million. More people bought the console versions that didn't feature Generational play. Generational play is not a huge factor to the majority of people who buy The Sims.

I miss the Generational aspect very much, which is why I switch between The Sims 2 and The Sims 4. Right now, I'm playing The Sims Life Stories because of some of the extra features ^^

But if The Sims 4 isn't what you want, you can play the previous games. If the previous games are as good as you say they are, they should be able to entertain you while you wait for The Sims 4 to be what you want.

:)
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    edited November 2014

I UNDERSTAND people love generational play. But EA needs "content" to sell to the General Public (the main buyers of the game).

Do you honestly think an advertisement announcing "Toddlers" and new "Family" interactions is going to help the Sims 4 recover? That sounds like basic Sims content (which it is) and is what the General Public think the Sims already is.

A advertisement announcing new places for your Sims to go, and more content such as running a business, as well as being able to build your own business/shop/restaurant etc. is a much wider audience to appeal to then "oh your family can now have a picnic" and "toddlers are now in the game".

Sims fans need to understand why Generational stuff is released after the first year. Because it only appeals to a small fraction of players.

Remember, The Sims 1 didn't have Generational content at all, nor did it have more than three life stages and yet it was the best selling PC game of all time, at the time. The general players of The Sims aren't interested in what the diehard Sims fans are into.

They just want to build their own house, decorate, make Sims, create drama, and fufill needs and wants.

---

I understand why Generational players would be upset, but they have to understand the first Expansion Pack HAS to appeal to the general public MORE than the Fans. Because the first few Expansion Packs are what makes the Public side with the game, or ignore it.

I don't think he's being dramatic at all. I think you don't realize how left out family players feel right now and how angry we're all getting because people feel that we're the minority when in fact, we're a HUGE chunk of EA's fanbase. We're tired of not being listened to and heard and told that our gameplay is less important than everyone elses. Just tired of it.

I do sort of agree that OFB has to be first to roll in the money they need, but at the same time if they don't release a family EP within the 1st or 2nd EP's they will loose a lot more customers than they or you realize, I think, and it will have major consequences. I will only let them get away with the 1st EP not being family, after that I will boycott them until they release a family EP. I think they'd make a lot more money on a generations EP this time around because unlike TS3, TS4 desperately NEEDS it.

The sims 1 didn't have generational content because it was a brand new concept! Then in TS2 we got generational gameplay, if I ever wanted to go backwards in gaming, I'd just re-install TS1. I don't see why we should be OK with our game degrading backwards to the first primitive version of itself, that's not progress in a game or a series and I won't tolerate that much degradation in my favorite game. I don't think it's just die-hard fans that want to create believable families, I believe that's a TON of people.

You saying that we're the minority when there's TONS of threads and shout outs for family gameplay is annoying, because a lot of us could represent regular consumers, not just die-hard fans. A generations EP wouldn't have sold as well in TS3 on the first EP because we had babies, toddlers and teens that looked like teens, this time around it would sell like hotcakes because the base is so borked.
  • Options

---

I don't think he's being dramatic at all. I think you don't realize how left out family players feel right now and how angry we're all getting because people feel that we're the minority when in fact, we're a HUGE chunk of EA's fanbase. We're tired of not being listened to and heard and told that our gameplay is less important than everyone elses. Just tired of it.

I do sort of agree that OFB has to be first to roll in the money they need, but at the same time if they don't release a family EP within the 1st or 2nd EP's they will loose a lot more customers than they or you realize, I think, and it will have major consequences. I will only let them get away with the 1st EP not being family, after that I will boycott them until they release a family EP. I think they'd make a lot more money on a generations EP this time around because unlike TS3, TS4 desperately NEEDS it.

The sims 1 didn't have generational content because it was a brand new concept! Then in TS2 we got generational gameplay, if I ever wanted to go backwards in gaming, I'd just re-install TS1. I don't see why we should be OK with our game degrading backwards to the first primitive version of itself, that's not progress in a game or a series and I won't tolerate that much degradation in my favorite game. I don't think it's just die-hard fans that want to create believable families, I believe that's a TON of people.

You saying that we're the minority when there's TONS of threads and shout outs for family gameplay is offensive, because a lot of us could represent regular consumers, not just die-hard fans. A generations EP wouldn't have sold as well in TS3 on the first EP because we had babies, toddlers and teens that looked like teens, this time around it would sell like hotcakes because the base is so borked.

I UNDERSTAND.

But the dramatic part is, accusing me of not being interested in Family play because I understand the decision. I AM interested.

You sometimes have to be logical, and understand that EA has to sell NEW content to the public. The first pack being content that previous games had is not going to help The Sims 4 at all, and it would probably mean the Sims 4 doesn't get as many packs.

EA ALWAYS sell new content as the first EP. There is a reason why they do this. It's to entice the public who have played the previous games, and are seeing what's new about the current one.