Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    fewlines wrote: »
    hi mates. double-posting to tell that one of my coworkers' father had a haemorrhagic stroke on saturday. he's in intensive care. she's a religious person, so i would be thankful if those of you who are as well could pray for her family.

Hello @fewlines
    I am sorry to hear that your co worker’s father had a stroke and is in intensive care. It would be an awful, upsetting and anxious time for her and her family. I will keep her Dad and the family in my prayers <3
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    thank you, @rosemow.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @fewlines except since Mom wants me to do it on a Wednesday it means I take both breakfast & lunch to "work" which is close by the clinic I want to walk too..and also when you consider I once walked from Toronto's Mount Sinai hospital to Atrium on the Bay's Red Lobster after blood work was done (and I had fasted that time)?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee, i think you're the one who should choose how and when to get it done.
  • Options
    Great-I have a good f- day. First I discover in Nov my day-program isn't going to either on a Field Trip into Toronto NOR are we going to PTC (Pickering Town Centre). Then I discover I need to fast for my blood work and NOW I discovered that Dec 2nd-April my gym is closing the South Doors (which despite their claims is NOT a seasonal closing since they didn't do it last year OR the year before)which are the doors which I go in &out of since it's quicker for me then having to go through the main doors and walk ALL the way to the end where the South Doors are and walk from there ALL the way home or vice versa if I'm going TO the gym.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee, that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sucks, so inconvenient!
  • Options
    Hello @MadameLee I am sorry that you have found out these things today :( It would be disappointing for you to find out that the two planned trips that your Day Program were going to take are not taking place. I hope that they may be done in December instead.
    I am sorry that you will need to access the gym in a different way, that involves a longer walk for you. A positive is that they have kept the doors open for November, and will reopen them after April.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Great-I have a good f- day. First I discover in Nov my day-program isn't going to either on a Field Trip into Toronto NOR are we going to PTC (Pickering Town Centre). Then I discover I need to fast for my blood work and NOW I discovered that Dec 2nd-April my gym is closing the South Doors (which despite their claims is NOT a seasonal closing since they didn't do it last year OR the year before)which are the doors which I go in &out of since it's quicker for me then having to go through the main doors and walk ALL the way to the end where the South Doors are and walk from there ALL the way home or vice versa if I'm going TO the gym.

I'm not sure why they'd lie about a seasonal closing. Just because they've never done it before, doesn't mean that they aren't going to start now. It might just be that in previous years their profits haven't justified keeping it open for the winter so this year they decided to shut it.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    So I have an appointment in like 45 minutes with a woman from the local mental health team and I really don't want it and was planning on going just to prove that I'm okay and that I'm not about to off myself in the next week (that's what I usually end up going for anyway). But right now I feel like I'm about to burst into tears, I just had a bit of a fight with my mum and I can't stop thinking about my grandad. Apparently I have to write something on a card for him to put with flowers or something, I honestly don't know I've never had to do it before, I'm not exactly an expert at funerals. And yeah... I don't really want to burst out crying at the hospital to some stranger I don't know I'm just struggling to keep a lid on it right now.

(Don't worry about replying to this by the way, I'm mainly writing it down in the hope it'll get it out of my system so I don't screw up later).
  • Options
    If anyone knows what cards I mean (I sure don't), what kind of thing are you supposed to write on them?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    samemie wrote: »
    So I have an appointment in like 45 minutes with a woman from the local mental health team and I really don't want it and was planning on going just to prove that I'm okay and that I'm not about to off myself in the next week (that's what I usually end up going for anyway). But right now I feel like I'm about to burst into tears, I just had a bit of a fight with my mum and I can't stop thinking about my grandad. Apparently I have to write something on a card for him to put with flowers or something, I honestly don't know I've never had to do it before, I'm not exactly an expert at funerals. And yeah... I don't really want to burst out crying at the hospital to some stranger I don't know I'm just struggling to keep a lid on it right now.

I send big hugs to you <3@samemie You are going through a hard time, and are preparing fior the funeral. It is beneficial to cry. It releases how you are feeling inside. It is a natural response of your body when under strain, or stressed or worried. It may be best to see the woman from the mental health team. When you explain to her that you are preparing for your grandfather’s funeral and that you have him on your mind, she will be understanding of that. You don’t need to keep inside how you are feeling. She will give you the freedom to express how you are really feeling inside. For your grandfather, you can write on the card something special that you remember about him. It may be a family event you attended and remember something special that he did, or an activity that you did with him. It may be something that he used to do or say that you remember about him.
    I send more hugs to you <3
  • Options
    hi @samemie, you can write anything you like, as @rosemow has already suggested. it can be personal or it can be a belief, if you have it. for example, part of my family is religious so they've either said or been told something like a wish for the person who has passed away to be at peace/in a better place/etc., alluding to how they're now with god, you know what i mean. me, i never had to write it down, but my actual goodbyes were just thinking i would miss the person and would try to remember the happy times/when they were healthy/etc.

and i know you said not to reply, but still i hope you're feeling better and that your appointment went well.
  • Options
    @fewlines @rosemow Thanks guys. The appointment was fine, I managed to get them off my back again (though had another fight with mum about it when I got home...)

As for the card, it just feels weird and pathetic and like it's all for show. I come from a religious family but I myself am not religious so writing something like that would feel incredibly fake. Writing down memories just feels childish and fake too... I hope it doesn't feel like I'm being rude about your suggestions or anything, they're good suggestions, but I want it to feel real and not for show but it is for show. I mean, obviously he's not going to read it so I'm only writing it for anyone else who happens to see it. And it just feels... pathetic. But not writing it would look like I have some sort of a grudge or reason not to. I don't know. I'll probably end up writing some lame quote or something and feel stupid for doing it. But thanks for the ideas :)
  • Options
    @fewlines @rosemow Thanks guys. The appointment was fine, I managed to get them off my back again (though had another fight with mum about it when I got home...)

As for the card, it just feels weird and pathetic and like it's all for show. I come from a religious family but I myself am not religious so writing something like that would feel incredibly fake. Writing down memories just feels childish and fake too... I hope it doesn't feel like I'm being rude about your suggestions or anything, they're good suggestions, but I want it to feel real and not for show but it is for show. I mean, obviously he's not going to read it so I'm only writing it for anyone else who happens to see it. And it just feels... pathetic. But not writing it would look like I have some sort of a grudge or reason not to. I don't know. I'll probably end up writing some lame quote or something and feel plum for doing it. But thanks for the ideas :)

Hello @samemie
    It is good that the appointment went okay.
    With the card, try writing what you do feel is reaL You don’t need to write a lot on the card, just what you feel inside about your grandfather.
    I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @rosemow the trips weren't planned at all either for Toronto OR PTC. I just assumed because of previous experience that in Nov at least there would either a)be a trip to Toronto to the ROM, or other place to visit (ie Science Centre) OR at least go to the Pickering Town Centre since either of those cases I could "have lunch out" and buy w/ my own money since w/o that happening the alternative is going to Oshawa Centre OR to Toronto (like Nov 17 PA Day) w/ Mom and NOT getting lunch but getting supper in Toronto presumably at Red Lobster's and don't know about O.C. The Trips can't happen in Dec because there's less time between the Ajax Mental Health Services Christmas Party at the Ajax Legion (Dec 5) &our little Christmas party later (Dec 21st)

And about the South Doors being closed from Dec-April there aren't "fixing" anything period. They're keeping them closed to keep the people inside warm.

HmRVwek.jpg--the Pink Arrows show how I get to and from the South Doors. The Red arrow shows the doors I normally go through (ie the South ones). The Green one shows the alternative ie "main" doors.

and I already HAVE a hard time getting to&from the Albities centre because a street is closed until supposedly February since they're rebuilding a bridge which means I have to go back and forth through the Go Station. Without me using the pink arrow way it means I have to walk all the way around Iroquois park to next to the bus stop and then walk all the way to where the green arrow is and vice versa

which means a 22min walk coming from home OR 22mins coming from "work"..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    fewlines wrote: »
    hi mates. double-posting to tell that one of my coworkers' father had a haemorrhagic stroke on saturday. he's in intensive care. she's a religious person, so i would be thankful if those of you who are as well could pray for her family.

so sorry to hear about your coworker's father. put her family in my prayers. sending hugs to the family.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    @samemie glad your appointment went well.

everybody handles grief from losing a loved one differently. rosemow had some great suggestions for the card. i wouldn't be concerned with what others might think. i'd just want it to be a memory about a special moment between yourself and your grandfather.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    @samemie Very sorry about your Grandfather. Maybe a heart and sign it through? Everybody would know what you meant and it wouldn't seem trite.
  • Options
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    @samemie Very sorry about your Grandfather. Maybe a heart and sign it through? Everybody would know what you meant and it wouldn't seem trite.

I kinda like that idea
  • Options
    @luvdasims55, thank you!
  • Options
    I really wish Dad wouldn't treat the entire household (w/wo my sister) like we all some 5-6 year old kids. I mean I was discussing getting the blood work done tomorrow-and Dad talked like I was 5-6 year old who never had to fast for blood work before. I mean I'm in my late 20s-and I done fasting many times for Toronto Sick Kid's Hospital blood lab as a child. I know how to hand in a simple form AND my health card.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member

As for the card, it just feels weird and pathetic and like it's all for show. I come from a religious family but I myself am not religious so writing something like that would feel incredibly fake. Writing down memories just feels childish and fake too... I hope it doesn't feel like I'm being rude about your suggestions or anything, they're good suggestions, but I want it to feel real and not for show but it is for show. I mean, obviously he's not going to read it so I'm only writing it for anyone else who happens to see it. And it just feels... pathetic. But not writing it would look like I have some sort of a grudge or reason not to. I don't know. I'll probably end up writing some lame quote or something and feel plum for doing it. But thanks for the ideas :)

Hi @samemie
    I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. When my mom died her and I were not on good terms at all. In fact we were not speaking. I felt a lot of pressure to write something on her public memorial page. I just wrote "I love you and I'll miss you always". I'm not at all saying that this is your circumstance I'm just saying I totally understand the pressure to write something that people are going to see. I just stuck with something super simple and what my true feelings were. <3
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I really wish Dad wouldn't treat the entire household (w/wo my sister) like we all some 5-6 year old kids. I mean I was discussing getting the blood work done tomorrow-and Dad talked like I was 5-6 year old who never had to fast for blood work before. I mean I'm in my late 20s-and I done fasting many times for Toronto Sick Kid's Hospital blood lab as a child. I know how to hand in a simple form AND my health card.

Hello @MadameLee
    Your Dad cares about you. He probably just doesn’t realise that he is appearing to you that he isn’t treating you as an adult. Because he cares about you, he just wants to say again what needs to be done in preparation for the blood test and what to do when there. It may seem to you that he is treating you as a child, but underneath it, he may be just concerned about you having the test, and that is reflected in his discussions with you, even though you have had lots of blood tests before. Some Dads are protective of and caring of their children however old that they are.
  • Options
    I went to work today but I was late getting home because one of the church's members accidently took my non-gym backback with them to (other church) not realising it was mine.
    6adMCGP.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top