NOVEMBER 15 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4! Check out whats fixed.
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs: Create The Most Unique Pets With Create A Pet! Read more on the blog.
The Sims 4 Is Coming To Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Read the blog for more info.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

  • honeyboomhoneyboom Posts: 218 Member
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    honeyboom wrote: »
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    honeyboom wrote: »
    i'm super worried about my boyfriend. he got a girl pregnant before we met and she's refusing to let him see the baby when it's born because she doesn't like me. he's super stressed all the time and I'm so afraid he's gonna hurt himself somehow.

    I am so so sorry, it can't be easy, have you two thought about getting a lawyer? A family one, if you can't afford one, there are places that will refir you to one. So sorry again. Sending you hugs.

    *hugs* he's gonna take her to court for full custody. the odds aren't quite in his favour tho unfortunately.

    I will be praying, even for the right to see her and partial custody. hugs.

    thank you :)
    "every star may be a sun to someone"-carl sagan
  • honeyboomhoneyboom Posts: 218 Member
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    honeyboom wrote: »
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    honeyboom wrote: »
    i'm super worried about my boyfriend. he got a girl pregnant before we met and she's refusing to let him see the baby when it's born because she doesn't like me. he's super stressed all the time and I'm so afraid he's gonna hurt himself somehow.

    I am so so sorry, it can't be easy, have you two thought about getting a lawyer? A family one, if you can't afford one, there are places that will refir you to one. So sorry again. Sending you hugs.

    *hugs* he's gonna take her to court for full custody. the odds aren't quite in his favour tho unfortunately.

    I will be praying, even for the right to see her and partial custody. hugs.

    thank you :)
    "every star may be a sun to someone"-carl sagan
  • yunanescayunanesca Posts: 286 Member
    @LillaGrisen @Pipersfun2

    Thank you I'm taking it one day at time I'm try. wither it playing a game or listening to music or watching a movie
    I try to keep my self busy so i don't think much now cause I know if I stop I'm going to just break down.

    and it hurts if I do so do my best to stay busy. it seems my shatters heart of a shipwreck I at least found a piece of gold in it all which was sims it brought a smile back to me and it gave me the inspiration to keep going. at best I can I have projects I work on for the sims in the S4s area team and I had work unfinished so I was inspired by the toddlers that came out and I created a family pose with the toddlers that was memory that happened once with me and son and my husband when my son was just toddler.

    I have not posted this pose yet but when I do it will be in the S4s studio's.
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 120,045 Member
    yunanesca wrote: »
    @LillaGrisen @Pipersfun2

    Thank you I'm taking it one day at time I'm try. wither it playing a game or listening to music or watching a movie
    I try to keep my self busy so i don't think much now cause I know if I stop I'm going to just break down.

    and it hurts if I do so do my best to stay busy. it seems my shatters heart of a shipwreck I at least found a piece of gold in it all which was sims it brought a smile back to me and it gave me the inspiration to keep going. at best I can I have projects I work on for the sims in the S4s area team and I had work unfinished so I was inspired by the toddlers that came out and I created a family pose with the toddlers that was memory that happened once with me and son and my husband when my son was just toddler.

    I have not posted this pose yet but when I do it will be in the S4s studio's.

    Hello @yunanesca
    I am keeping you in my thoughts. I send hugs to you <3
    It is good that The Sims is helping you in the midst of how you are feeling and in the grieving process. The family pose with the toddler sounds so very special! It is very lovely that it is based on a time when your son was a toddler and it occured with your husband, yourself and your son <3 It will be very special to have in the game.
    Sending gentle flower petals to you to surround your heart.
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 250 Member
    I am sorry if my problem seems dumb to be posted here, but I tried getting help from a lot of threads here, and still have that thing floating in my head. I can't get it out of my head. I am thinking about it almost all the time. Because of that, I can't commit myself properly to anything else in my life.

    I am thinking about if I should buy TS4 base game tomorrow. I have only TS3 Starter Pack (with Late Night and High-End Loft Stuff). I am torn between saving up money for something unrelated to Sims, and buying TS4 while it's on this huge sale.

    I will now try to give some background.

    I am working as a freelancer. Currently I have one job, but it's on-hold, because my client is away, and I don't know the reason. Nevertheless, I got already some money from that. Not much, but enough to buy TS4. The thing I would buy instead of the game are one or more e-books for self-development. But, I played TS4 for some time, but it was not mine, and I've played my Trial. Now I want to own it. I am aware of what I'll get (and also what I won't get. I am also aware of what I have, and what I'm able to do in TS3.

    So, here's the question:

    Will it be worth having just the base game, with playing challenges, and can I get creative enough with just the base the game?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 120,045 Member
    ninaumi wrote: »
    I am sorry if my problem seems dumb to be posted here, but I tried getting help from a lot of threads here, and still have that thing floating in my head. I can't get it out of my head. I am thinking about it almost all the time. Because of that, I can't commit myself properly to anything else in my life.

    I am thinking about if I should buy TS4 base game tomorrow. I have only TS3 Starter Pack (with Late Night and High-End Loft Stuff). I am torn between saving up money for something unrelated to Sims, and buying TS4 while it's on this huge sale.

    I will now try to give some background.

    I am working as a freelancer. Currently I have one job, but it's on-hold, because my client is away, and I don't know the reason. Nevertheless, I got already some money from that. Not much, but enough to buy TS4. The thing I would buy instead of the game are one or more e-books for self-development. But, I played TS4 for some time, but it was not mine, and I've played my Trial. Now I want to own it. I am aware of what I'll get (and also what I won't get. I am also aware of what I have, and what I'm able to do in TS3.

    So, here's the question:

    Will it be worth having just the base game, with playing challenges, and can I get creative enough with just the base the game?

    Hello @ninaumi
    Your issue doesn't sound dumb at all. You have it on your mind, and it is concerning you because you are unsure which option to take. There is also a deadline on when the sale ends, so that is weighing on your mind also. I send hugs to you <3 Decisions and concerns can weigh on our minds and make it hard to concentrate.
    It is your decision whether you buy sims 4 or not. You enjoyed playing it though and know what it is like. I would encourage you to buy it. The base game would be very enjoyable to play, even without the added packs. There are also contests often held on the forums where packs are given away. You could enter those contests.
    With the e-books, there are a lot of free resources in the internet on the subject of self development . It would be good to use those resources. There are also books that you could borrow from your local library, or read in a library.
    Try to make your decision soon, to put your mind at rest. If you decide to buy Sims 4 you will enjoy playing it.
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 250 Member
    @rosemow Thank you for caring. I also want to say that I (probably) have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome a few months ago, but I'm not getting any treatment for that, yet. I am waiting for tomorrow to call my gynecologist for blood test results, and to get to know what I should do.

    P.S. I just got some unexpected money, so I am already able to buy The Sims 4. :) I just need to buy more RAM, and everything will be great. :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 120,045 Member
    ninaumi wrote: »
    @rosemow Thank you for caring. I also want to say that I (probably) have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome a few months ago, but I'm not getting any treatment for that, yet. I am waiting for tomorrow to call my gynecologist for blood test results, and to get to know what I should do.

    P.S. I just got some unexpected money, so I am already able to buy The Sims 4. :) I just need to buy more RAM, and everything will be great. :)

    Hello @ninaumi
    I send hugs to you live with your health issues. <3 I will keep you in my thoughts as you call your gynacologist tomorrow and get the results of your blood tests. It will be beneficial to get the results and have discussions with your doctor as to the next step and what direction is the best for you and your health.
    It is great that you are able to buy Sims 4! :) Happy sims 4 simming !
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 120,045 Member
    ninaumi wrote: »
    @rosemow Thank you for caring. I also want to say that I (probably) have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome a few months ago, but I'm not getting any treatment for that, yet. I am waiting for tomorrow to call my gynecologist for blood test results, and to get to know what I should do.

    P.S. I just got some unexpected money, so I am already able to buy The Sims 4. :) I just need to buy more RAM, and everything will be great. :)

    Hello @ninaumi
    I send hugs to you live with your health issues. <3 I will keep you in my thoughts as you call your gynacologist tomorrow and get the results of your blood tests. It will be beneficial to get the results and have discussions with your doctor as to the next step and what direction is the best for you and your health.
    It is great that you are able to buy Sims 4! :) Happy sims 4 simming !
  • UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    ninaumi wrote: »
    @rosemow Thank you for caring. I also want to say that I (probably) have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome a few months ago, but I'm not getting any treatment for that, yet. I am waiting for tomorrow to call my gynecologist for blood test results, and to get to know what I should do.

    P.S. I just got some unexpected money, so I am already able to buy The Sims 4. :) I just need to buy more RAM, and everything will be great. :)

    I really hope that your test results come back and that they bring good news! However, should they confirm PCOS, I highly suggest that one of the first things you do is join a support group/forum. I myself have endometriosis, and it has been a blessing to talk about my problems and disease with women who also have it. On your bad days, you will want support, and women with the same condition know exactly what you are going through and know just what to say. <3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 120,045 Member
    edited February 7
    ninaumi wrote: »
    @rosemow Thank you for caring. I also want to say that I (probably) have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome a few months ago, but I'm not getting any treatment for that, yet. I am waiting for tomorrow to call my gynecologist for blood test results, and to get to know what I should do.

    P.S. I just got some unexpected money, so I am already able to buy The Sims 4. :) I just need to buy more RAM, and everything will be great. :)

    I really hope that your test results come back and that they bring good news! However, should they confirm PCOS, I highly suggest that one of the first things you do is join a support group/forum. I myself have endometriosis, and it has been a blessing to talk about my problems and disease with women who also have it. On your bad days, you will want support, and women with the same condition know exactly what you are going through and know just what to say. <3

    Hello @UniquePuggle
    I send gentle hugs <3 to you as you live with endometriosis . Sending an extra hug for the days when your pain becomes even more intense. You are a very caring and empathetic person, to offer helpful information to a fellow simmer <3
  • MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 2,997 Member
    I've had severe anxiety for many years now, and it has got so much worse since I broke my leg in 2015, but currently I'm having a real hard time managing it.. any pain I get I convince myself I have something serious wrong with me.. it gets to the point that I can't sleep or do anything because I fully convince myself I have something wrong with me. Obviously I am aware that this is all in my head and I am fine. I have been offered CBT previously but I was too scared to go, and I really don't want to go back to the docs and ask for it as I'm coming up to my last few months at uni and my free time is non existant.. but, if anyone has had any experience with this kind of anxiety I would love to know what would help :)
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 120,045 Member
    MissBirdie wrote: »
    I've had severe anxiety for many years now, and it has got so much worse since I broke my leg in 2015, but currently I'm having a real hard time managing it.. any pain I get I convince myself I have something serious wrong with me.. it gets to the point that I can't sleep or do anything because I fully convince myself I have something wrong with me. Obviously I am aware that this is all in my head and I am fine. I have been offered CBT previously but I was too scared to go, and I really don't want to go back to the docs and ask for it as I'm coming up to my last few months at uni and my free time is non existant.. but, if anyone has had any experience with this kind of anxiety I would love to know what would help :)

    Hello @MissBirdie
    I send hugs to you <3 It is hard for you with your anxiety overwhelming your mind and causing you to fear the worst with pain and any signs of physical distress, and about life in general. It is understandable that on one hand you know that it is your mind causing you to have these feelings that are not reality, but on the other hand they are strong feelings that are deeply affecting your thoughts and life, mentally and physically. Your mental and physical health are so important. Although you are very busy with your uni studies, you may need to " make time" to see your doctor and talk things over with him /her. It is affecting your life severely and is causing you distress and that isn't a good setting for studying in too. Your doctor may be able to offer help that works around your study times. Also it would be good to have your vitamin D and B levels checked, as well as iron levels. Being low in these, can cause how you are feeling. It would help to try to see your doctor when you can and see if you can these blood tests. If they are low , there is treatment that can help you to feel much improved.
    Sending another hug to you <3
  • RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 144 Member
    Having a hard time right now. In the past year I lost my husband to his lupus, my home because I had been his caregiver and had no income of my own, our cats who were my babies because I ended up homeless, and I had no choice but to move back into my family, who had been abusive. And since I was out of the work world for almost a decade (and was only a retail worker before that) I haven't had any luck finding employment to get out again some 8 months later.

    My life just plum right now.
    mmpi80.jpg
    Origin ID: MiladyRevenwyn
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 120,045 Member
    edited February 8
    Revenwyn wrote: »
    Having a hard time right now. In the past year I lost my husband to his lupus, my home because I had been his caregiver and had no income of my own, our cats who were my babies because I ended up homeless, and I had no choice but to move back into my family, who had been abusive. And since I was out of the work world for almost a decade (and was only a retail worker before that) I haven't had any luck finding employment to get out again some 8 months later.

    My life just plum right now.

    Hello @Revenwyn
    I send big hugs to you <3 You are going through such a hard time in your life. I am so sorry to hear of the passing away of your husband. Your treasured loving memories of him would be kept in a very special part of your heart. It is very sad and hard that you have lost your home, and your cats, and are finding it hard to obtain employment . Could you try to be in touch with Government agencies that may be able to help with financial and home assistance, as well as providing help for you as you look for employment? There may be programs that can give you the support that you need to,assist you to have what you need for the basics of day by day living. Try also talking things over with your doctor or a counsellor. Day by day you are going down your own road of the grieving process. It could help you to be in touch with your doctor so he can be there to help and to offer you the support and listening ear you need as you travel along that road.
    Sending another hug to you <3
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 250 Member
    @rosemow @UniquePuggle

    Thank you both so much for your support and kindness! :heart:

    I already knew that I have PCOS, but I needed to test my hormones because I needed to know what kind of therapy I should get. But, now I know that only one hormone, which is associated with PCOS, is unbalanced. I got contraceptive pills therapy. Finally, there's something that will induce (normal) periods.

    I'll try to find forums with women with this condition.

  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 120,045 Member
    ninaumi wrote: »
    @rosemow @UniquePuggle

    Thank you both so much for your support and kindness! :heart:

    I already knew that I have PCOS, but I needed to test my hormones because I needed to know what kind of therapy I should get. But, now I know that only one hormone, which is associated with PCOS, is unbalanced. I got contraceptive pills therapy. Finally, there's something that will induce (normal) periods.

    I'll try to find forums with women with this condition.

    Hello @ninaumi
    It was good that you were able to get the results of the tests today, and can now start therapy to help with the effects of the condition.
    Finding a forums support group of other women with the same condition will be very helpful and beneficial for you.
    I send a gentle hug to you <3
  • EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 129 Member
    MissBirdie wrote: »
    I've had severe anxiety for many years now, and it has got so much worse since I broke my leg in 2015, but currently I'm having a real hard time managing it.. any pain I get I convince myself I have something serious wrong with me.. it gets to the point that I can't sleep or do anything because I fully convince myself I have something wrong with me. Obviously I am aware that this is all in my head and I am fine. I have been offered CBT previously but I was too scared to go, and I really don't want to go back to the docs and ask for it as I'm coming up to my last few months at uni and my free time is non existant.. but, if anyone has had any experience with this kind of anxiety I would love to know what would help :)

    I am going through severe anxiety currently. I suffer from chronic migraines, endometriosis and (possibly) trigeminal neuralgia. I recently tore small ligament in my leg in September of 2016. I also have small episodic attacks in my head that are extremely painful but only last a minute or two and the doctors cannot explain it. Due to all this living in a normal manner is very difficult. Managing my pain and anxiety is hard. It is a constant battle.

    You will have to do detective work to find out what coping mechanisms work best for you. Some things I am trying out now are diaphragmatic breathing, physical therapy for my illnesses and behavioral therapy. I know this sounds juvenile but journaling works for me sometimes. I express myself and those feelings leave me and stick to the paper. You mentioned that you are aware of your anxiety. I feel that is one of the biggest steps for anyone facing anxiety of any degree is to realize they have it.

    CBT may sound like its too much but I've only been to a few sessions and I can feel how much it has helped me. I'm not done with my anxiety but I feel more calm knowing I'm not alone in the situation anymore. My therapist is very thorough and forthcoming about what to expect. It is a partnership of sorts to help you manage your anxiety. Severe anxiety is extremely difficult to trek through on your own. I don't know anyone with it that hasn't sought CBT but you may be able to. I would highly encourage you to consider it after your studies are over. One more thing: Don't just go into CBT alone. I would ask your doctor for other treatments as well. I'm in physical therapy and have medications. Sleep habits and diet is important. I would do bloodwork and everything to get to the bottom of the anxiety. Your mind and body are connected. Taking care of both during this process will be the key.

    Much luck to you with your severe anxiety. I pray that you find the path that will manage it better. If you need anything just ask. I am here for you. Once I complete my CBT, I'll let you know what I think of it overall. Much love and Happy Simming.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 120,045 Member
    MissBirdie wrote: »
    I've had severe anxiety for many years now, and it has got so much worse since I broke my leg in 2015, but currently I'm having a real hard time managing it.. any pain I get I convince myself I have something serious wrong with me.. it gets to the point that I can't sleep or do anything because I fully convince myself I have something wrong with me. Obviously I am aware that this is all in my head and I am fine. I have been offered CBT previously but I was too scared to go, and I really don't want to go back to the docs and ask for it as I'm coming up to my last few months at uni and my free time is non existant.. but, if anyone has had any experience with this kind of anxiety I would love to know what would help :)

    I am going through severe anxiety currently. I suffer from chronic migraines, endometriosis and (possibly) trigeminal neuralgia. I recently tore small ligament in my leg in September of 2016. I also have small episodic attacks in my head that are extremely painful but only last a minute or two and the doctors cannot explain it. Due to all this living in a normal manner is very difficult. Managing my pain and anxiety is hard. It is a constant battle.

    You will have to do detective work to find out what coping mechanisms work best for you. Some things I am trying out now are diaphragmatic breathing, physical therapy for my illnesses and behavioral therapy. I know this sounds juvenile but journaling works for me sometimes. I express myself and those feelings leave me and stick to the paper. You mentioned that you are aware of your anxiety. I feel that is one of the biggest steps for anyone facing anxiety of any degree is to realize they have it.

    CBT may sound like its too much but I've only been to a few sessions and I can feel how much it has helped me. I'm not done with my anxiety but I feel more calm knowing I'm not alone in the situation anymore. My therapist is very thorough and forthcoming about what to expect. It is a partnership of sorts to help you manage your anxiety. Severe anxiety is extremely difficult to trek through on your own. I don't know anyone with it that hasn't sought CBT but you may be able to. I would highly encourage you to consider it after your studies are over. One more thing: Don't just go into CBT alone. I would ask your doctor for other treatments as well. I'm in physical therapy and have medications. Sleep habits and diet is important. I would do bloodwork and everything to get to the bottom of the anxiety. Your mind and body are connected. Taking care of both during this process will be the key.

    Much luck to you with your severe anxiety. I pray that you find the path that will manage it better. If you need anything just ask. I am here for you. Once I complete my CBT, I'll let you know what I think of it overall. Much love and Happy Simming.

    Hello @EvieSunshine
    You are very caring, kind and empathetic in your concern for and help given to MissBirdie. It would bring encouragement to her that she is not alone in severe anxiety journey that she is travelling, that there are others who also are experiencing the same things. I send hugs to you <3 in all that your day by day holds as you live with your anxiety , pain and other health issues . It is good that you are finding CBT helpful for you. Journaling is very beneficial. It has been of much help for many people with a wide variety of differing health issues.
    I hope that you will continue to find the treatment that you are having to be helping you, May you take each day by day, along the journey. I do hope that when migraines, come, the pain may ease as soon as possible. Migraines can be quite distressing and make you feel quite ill.
    I send more hugs to you <3
  • EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 129 Member
    @rosemow Thank you for your kind words. Thank you also for this thoughtful and caring thread.
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 623 Member
    ninaumi wrote: »
    @rosemow Thank you for caring. I also want to say that I (probably) have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome a few months ago, but I'm not getting any treatment for that, yet. I am waiting for tomorrow to call my gynecologist for blood test results, and to get to know what I should do.

    P.S. I just got some unexpected money, so I am already able to buy The Sims 4. :) I just need to buy more RAM, and everything will be great. :)

    HI, I just wanted to say that you are not alone. I too have PCOS, and it has stopped my husband and me from starting the family we so badly want. However, I have started to take charge of it and it is getting better (: I take herbal supplements and also have changed my diet and it is working! Do not let this get you down, there are so many of us out there, and I could get into the reasons why, but then I would end up typing out a full book about it. ;p

    I hope you figured out what you wanted to do with your situation! (:
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 623 Member
    ninaumi wrote: »
    @rosemow @UniquePuggle

    Thank you both so much for your support and kindness! :heart:

    I already knew that I have PCOS, but I needed to test my hormones because I needed to know what kind of therapy I should get. But, now I know that only one hormone, which is associated with PCOS, is unbalanced. I got contraceptive pills therapy. Finally, there's something that will induce (normal) periods.

    I'll try to find forums with women with this condition.

    Oh, I saw this comment after I posted my first one but I highly recommend The Period Repair Manual by Lara Briden. She talks about how to naturally fix PCOS, and sadly even though contraceptives do help you have a period, it doesn't actually solve the root of the problem. I won't say much more on the topic, but I very much suggest reading this book. Amazon has it for Kindle for i think less than $2. I recommend this book to every female to get to know her body! She is a certified Naturopath with a Phd in Biology.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 120,045 Member
    Hello @Aeriexo11
    I send gentle hugs to you <3 as you live with the effects of PCOS on your daily life. It is very kind and caring of you to post empathetic and encouraging words to ninaumi . I am glad that you are finding that the herbal supplements and the change in diet is helping.
    Thankyou for your thoughtfulness <3
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 250 Member
    @Aeriexo11 I can't thank you enough for your words that @rosemow described so well! <3 I've found the book on Amazon, and I am definitively going to buy it!
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,000 Member
    My car was totalled a few months ago, so in November I bought a used 2015 Jetta. Up until today, I had only ever driven it in the chaotic bumper-to-bumper traffic that is my commute to and from work. But today I decided to take a weird backroad home and the drive was surprisingly nice. I even thought to myself, "Wow. I think I actually love driving this car."

    Literally 5 seconds after that thought, the longest, chunkiest bird diarrhea fell across my windshield. So long was this diarrhea that, after I thought I had washed it all away with multiple applications of wiper fluid and bottled water, I discovered a long streak of it across the top of my car like a mohawk on a psychotic mogwai, leading into a long streak of it across the side of the car, all in a consistent amount of multi-colored chunkiness until the point of there being no more car in its path for it to tarnish.

    Reminder to self: stop making comments to yourself in the car. Even positive comments. Just. Drive.

    On top of that, it rained all week long and only stopped literally a few hours before this apocalypse fell on my car. There is no more rain in the forecast for the next five days. And I am now convinced I can summon poop with my mind.
    ztOU6CW.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top