Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    @rosemow Thank you for caring. I also want to say that I (probably) have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome a few months ago, but I'm not getting any treatment for that, yet. I am waiting for tomorrow to call my gynecologist for blood test results, and to get to know what I should do.

P.S. I just got some unexpected money, so I am already able to buy The Sims 4. :) I just need to buy more RAM, and everything will be great. :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    ninaumi wrote: »
    @rosemow Thank you for caring. I also want to say that I (probably) have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome a few months ago, but I'm not getting any treatment for that, yet. I am waiting for tomorrow to call my gynecologist for blood test results, and to get to know what I should do.

P.S. I just got some unexpected money, so I am already able to buy The Sims 4. :) I just need to buy more RAM, and everything will be great. :)

Hello @ninaumi
    I send hugs to you live with your health issues. <3 I will keep you in my thoughts as you call your gynacologist tomorrow and get the results of your blood tests. It will be beneficial to get the results and have discussions with your doctor as to the next step and what direction is the best for you and your health.
    It is great that you are able to buy Sims 4! :) Happy sims 4 simming !

Hello @ninaumi
    I send hugs to you live with your health issues. <3 I will keep you in my thoughts as you call your gynacologist tomorrow and get the results of your blood tests. It will be beneficial to get the results and have discussions with your doctor as to the next step and what direction is the best for you and your health.
    It is great that you are able to buy Sims 4! :) Happy sims 4 simming !
  • UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member

I really hope that your test results come back and that they bring good news! However, should they confirm PCOS, I highly suggest that one of the first things you do is join a support group/forum. I myself have endometriosis, and it has been a blessing to talk about my problems and disease with women who also have it. On your bad days, you will want support, and women with the same condition know exactly what you are going through and know just what to say. <3
    edited February 2017

I really hope that your test results come back and that they bring good news! However, should they confirm PCOS, I highly suggest that one of the first things you do is join a support group/forum. I myself have endometriosis, and it has been a blessing to talk about my problems and disease with women who also have it. On your bad days, you will want support, and women with the same condition know exactly what you are going through and know just what to say. <3

Hello @UniquePuggle
    I send gentle hugs <3 to you as you live with endometriosis . Sending an extra hug for the days when your pain becomes even more intense. You are a very caring and empathetic person, to offer helpful information to a fellow simmer <3
  • MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    I've had severe anxiety for many years now, and it has got so much worse since I broke my leg in 2015, but currently I'm having a real hard time managing it.. any pain I get I convince myself I have something serious wrong with me.. it gets to the point that I can't sleep or do anything because I fully convince myself I have something wrong with me. Obviously I am aware that this is all in my head and I am fine. I have been offered CBT previously but I was too scared to go, and I really don't want to go back to the docs and ask for it as I'm coming up to my last few months at uni and my free time is non existant.. but, if anyone has had any experience with this kind of anxiety I would love to know what would help :)
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
    MissBirdie wrote: »
    I've had severe anxiety for many years now, and it has got so much worse since I broke my leg in 2015, but currently I'm having a real hard time managing it.. any pain I get I convince myself I have something serious wrong with me.. it gets to the point that I can't sleep or do anything because I fully convince myself I have something wrong with me. Obviously I am aware that this is all in my head and I am fine. I have been offered CBT previously but I was too scared to go, and I really don't want to go back to the docs and ask for it as I'm coming up to my last few months at uni and my free time is non existant.. but, if anyone has had any experience with this kind of anxiety I would love to know what would help :)

Hello @MissBirdie
    I send hugs to you <3 It is hard for you with your anxiety overwhelming your mind and causing you to fear the worst with pain and any signs of physical distress, and about life in general. It is understandable that on one hand you know that it is your mind causing you to have these feelings that are not reality, but on the other hand they are strong feelings that are deeply affecting your thoughts and life, mentally and physically. Your mental and physical health are so important. Although you are very busy with your uni studies, you may need to " make time" to see your doctor and talk things over with him /her. It is affecting your life severely and is causing you distress and that isn't a good setting for studying in too. Your doctor may be able to offer help that works around your study times. Also it would be good to have your vitamin D and B levels checked, as well as iron levels. Being low in these, can cause how you are feeling. It would help to try to see your doctor when you can and see if you can these blood tests. If they are low , there is treatment that can help you to feel much improved.
    Sending another hug to you <3
  • RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    Having a hard time right now. In the past year I lost my husband to his lupus, my home because I had been his caregiver and had no income of my own, our cats who were my babies because I ended up homeless, and I had no choice but to move back into my family, who had been abusive. And since I was out of the work world for almost a decade (and was only a retail worker before that) I haven't had any luck finding employment to get out again some 8 months later.

My life just sucks right now.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

edited February 2017
    Revenwyn wrote: »
    Having a hard time right now. In the past year I lost my husband to his lupus, my home because I had been his caregiver and had no income of my own, our cats who were my babies because I ended up homeless, and I had no choice but to move back into my family, who had been abusive. And since I was out of the work world for almost a decade (and was only a retail worker before that) I haven't had any luck finding employment to get out again some 8 months later.

My life just plum right now.

Hello @Revenwyn
    I send big hugs to you <3 You are going through such a hard time in your life. I am so sorry to hear of the passing away of your husband. Your treasured loving memories of him would be kept in a very special part of your heart. It is very sad and hard that you have lost your home, and your cats, and are finding it hard to obtain employment . Could you try to be in touch with Government agencies that may be able to help with financial and home assistance, as well as providing help for you as you look for employment? There may be programs that can give you the support that you need to,assist you to have what you need for the basics of day by day living. Try also talking things over with your doctor or a counsellor. Day by day you are going down your own road of the grieving process. It could help you to be in touch with your doctor so he can be there to help and to offer you the support and listening ear you need as you travel along that road.
    Sending another hug to you <3
    @rosemow @UniquePuggle

Thank you both so much for your support and kindness! :heart:

I already knew that I have PCOS, but I needed to test my hormones because I needed to know what kind of therapy I should get. But, now I know that only one hormone, which is associated with PCOS, is unbalanced. I got contraceptive pills therapy. Finally, there's something that will induce (normal) periods.

I'll try to find forums with women with this condition.

@rosemow @UniquePuggle

I already knew that I have PCOS, but I needed to test my hormones because I needed to know what kind of therapy I should get. But, now I know that only one hormone, which is associated with PCOS, is unbalanced. I got contraceptive pills therapy. Finally, there's something that will induce (normal) periods.

Hello @ninaumi
    It was good that you were able to get the results of the tests today, and can now start therapy to help with the effects of the condition.
    Finding a forums support group of other women with the same condition will be very helpful and beneficial for you.
    I send a gentle hug to you <3
  • EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 133 Member

I am going through severe anxiety currently. I suffer from chronic migraines, endometriosis and (possibly) trigeminal neuralgia. I recently tore small ligament in my leg in September of 2016. I also have small episodic attacks in my head that are extremely painful but only last a minute or two and the doctors cannot explain it. Due to all this living in a normal manner is very difficult. Managing my pain and anxiety is hard. It is a constant battle.

You will have to do detective work to find out what coping mechanisms work best for you. Some things I am trying out now are diaphragmatic breathing, physical therapy for my illnesses and behavioral therapy. I know this sounds juvenile but journaling works for me sometimes. I express myself and those feelings leave me and stick to the paper. You mentioned that you are aware of your anxiety. I feel that is one of the biggest steps for anyone facing anxiety of any degree is to realize they have it.

CBT may sound like its too much but I've only been to a few sessions and I can feel how much it has helped me. I'm not done with my anxiety but I feel more calm knowing I'm not alone in the situation anymore. My therapist is very thorough and forthcoming about what to expect. It is a partnership of sorts to help you manage your anxiety. Severe anxiety is extremely difficult to trek through on your own. I don't know anyone with it that hasn't sought CBT but you may be able to. I would highly encourage you to consider it after your studies are over. One more thing: Don't just go into CBT alone. I would ask your doctor for other treatments as well. I'm in physical therapy and have medications. Sleep habits and diet is important. I would do bloodwork and everything to get to the bottom of the anxiety. Your mind and body are connected. Taking care of both during this process will be the key.

Much luck to you with your severe anxiety. I pray that you find the path that will manage it better. If you need anything just ask. I am here for you. Once I complete my CBT, I'll let you know what I think of it overall. Much love and Happy Simming.

I am going through severe anxiety currently. I suffer from chronic migraines, endometriosis and (possibly) trigeminal neuralgia. I recently tore small ligament in my leg in September of 2016. I also have small episodic attacks in my head that are extremely painful but only last a minute or two and the doctors cannot explain it. Due to all this living in a normal manner is very difficult. Managing my pain and anxiety is hard. It is a constant battle.

You will have to do detective work to find out what coping mechanisms work best for you. Some things I am trying out now are diaphragmatic breathing, physical therapy for my illnesses and behavioral therapy. I know this sounds juvenile but journaling works for me sometimes. I express myself and those feelings leave me and stick to the paper. You mentioned that you are aware of your anxiety. I feel that is one of the biggest steps for anyone facing anxiety of any degree is to realize they have it.

CBT may sound like its too much but I've only been to a few sessions and I can feel how much it has helped me. I'm not done with my anxiety but I feel more calm knowing I'm not alone in the situation anymore. My therapist is very thorough and forthcoming about what to expect. It is a partnership of sorts to help you manage your anxiety. Severe anxiety is extremely difficult to trek through on your own. I don't know anyone with it that hasn't sought CBT but you may be able to. I would highly encourage you to consider it after your studies are over. One more thing: Don't just go into CBT alone. I would ask your doctor for other treatments as well. I'm in physical therapy and have medications. Sleep habits and diet is important. I would do bloodwork and everything to get to the bottom of the anxiety. Your mind and body are connected. Taking care of both during this process will be the key.

Much luck to you with your severe anxiety. I pray that you find the path that will manage it better. If you need anything just ask. I am here for you. Once I complete my CBT, I'll let you know what I think of it overall. Much love and Happy Simming.

Hello @EvieSunshine
    You are very caring, kind and empathetic in your concern for and help given to MissBirdie. It would bring encouragement to her that she is not alone in severe anxiety journey that she is travelling, that there are others who also are experiencing the same things. I send hugs to you <3 in all that your day by day holds as you live with your anxiety , pain and other health issues . It is good that you are finding CBT helpful for you. Journaling is very beneficial. It has been of much help for many people with a wide variety of differing health issues.
    I hope that you will continue to find the treatment that you are having to be helping you, May you take each day by day, along the journey. I do hope that when migraines, come, the pain may ease as soon as possible. Migraines can be quite distressing and make you feel quite ill.
    I send more hugs to you <3
  • EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 133 Member
    @rosemow Thank you for your kind words. Thank you also for this thoughtful and caring thread.
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member

HI, I just wanted to say that you are not alone. I too have PCOS, and it has stopped my husband and me from starting the family we so badly want. However, I have started to take charge of it and it is getting better (: I take herbal supplements and also have changed my diet and it is working! Do not let this get you down, there are so many of us out there, and I could get into the reasons why, but then I would end up typing out a full book about it. ;p

I hope you figured out what you wanted to do with your situation! (:
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    @rosemow @UniquePuggle

Oh, I saw this comment after I posted my first one but I highly recommend The Period Repair Manual by Lara Briden. She talks about how to naturally fix PCOS, and sadly even though contraceptives do help you have a period, it doesn't actually solve the root of the problem. I won't say much more on the topic, but I very much suggest reading this book. Amazon has it for Kindle for i think less than $2. I recommend this book to every female to get to know her body! She is a certified Naturopath with a Phd in Biology.
    Hello @Aeriexo11
    I send gentle hugs to you <3 as you live with the effects of PCOS on your daily life. It is very kind and caring of you to post empathetic and encouraging words to ninaumi . I am glad that you are finding that the herbal supplements and the change in diet is helping.
    Thankyou for your thoughtfulness <3
    @Aeriexo11 I can't thank you enough for your words that @rosemow described so well! <3 I've found the book on Amazon, and I am definitively going to buy it!
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    My car was totalled a few months ago, so in November I bought a used 2015 Jetta. Up until today, I had only ever driven it in the chaotic bumper-to-bumper traffic that is my commute to and from work. But today I decided to take a weird backroad home and the drive was surprisingly nice. I even thought to myself, "Wow. I think I actually love driving this car."

Literally 5 seconds after that thought, the longest, chunkiest bird diarrhea fell across my windshield. So long was this diarrhea that, after I thought I had washed it all away with multiple applications of wiper fluid and bottled water, I discovered a long streak of it across the top of my car like a mohawk on a psychotic mogwai, leading into a long streak of it across the side of the car, all in a consistent amount of multi-colored chunkiness until the point of there being no more car in its path for it to tarnish.

Reminder to self: stop making comments to yourself in the car. Even positive comments. Just. Drive.

On top of that, it rained all week long and only stopped literally a few hours before this apocalypse fell on my car. There is no more rain in the forecast for the next five days. And I am now convinced I can summon poop with my mind.
    9d9hOnJ.png
    I am sorry that your car was involved in an accident and had to be written off @Archivist :( It would have been quite upsetting when that occurred as well as involving a lot of paperwork to fix up issues connected with the car and accident. It is good that you were able to get another car to replace it, to enable you to get to and from work. It is not nice what occured with your car today. I hope that you will enjoy going on other travel journeys in the car on other days :)
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    Thanks, @rosemow. :) Yeah, the cleaning the bird poop today was much, much easier than the month of paperwork and dealing with insurance companies, now that I think about it. That definitely puts things in perspective lol
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    Never ask a woman who is eating ice cream directly out of the carton how she's feeling.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

Hello @Revenwyn :) When we are going through hard times or a hard day, having comfort food is often very helpful. It can help to relax us inside, and calms us down. It can also be a steadying reassurance in a time when we may be going through a lot of changes or we have a lot of worries or concerns, that we know can always resort back to our comfort food.,
  • GristolianGristolian Posts: 6 New Member
    I think this is an awesome thread! ;u; I've had severe anxiety and major depression for about three years now. Right now it's been very difficult to find work in my particular field, and it's hard not to take every rejection personally. I use games (like Sims) as an outlet between work. Even though it's difficult to convince myself I need breaks, I usually feel much better after I do.

Here's hoping all of you stay safe and healthy. Hang in there.
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Hmm... I recently moved (A month ago), it was stressful as a lot of moves are. My Mom had an amputation of her foot so she can't really walk properly yet. I've been on a bad schedule and have really only been seeing my family for 2-4 hours a day, which sucks for me as that causes a lot of anxiety for me, so I've been trying to fix that. Weather is terrible and I have no shoes for it so I can't even spend my morning with my older brother and/or dad.

On a lighter note, we are all in the same house now and my mom's infection IS getting better.
    unknown.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top