Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Story Progression - Help the Gurus

weebl_101weebl_101 Posts: 101 Member
edited January 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
In SimGuruGrants current chat he asked to send things that you want Story Progression to do.. Please post your suggestions, so we can help the gurus out with what the players want story progression to progress in the game. Please note that these may or may not be implemented.

**Tuning file, where players can change what progression allows/disallows themselves or options to turn each item on or off**
**Allow players to set own percentages of what happens**
**Different Settings for each save game**

**Percentage based options so we don't have all Sims doing it.. Kind of like pregnancy**
**Maybe alerts in the notification wall - there will be a lot (so maybe/maybe not)**
**Keeping well balanced numbers of all age groups & Genders**
**Keeping Townie population down through death - games generates too many (maybe??)**
**Being able to turn story progression on and off for both played households and never played households**
**Easy way of checking progression eg: marriage, birth, death, adoptions etc. not in the notification wall, so players are not bombarded with information**
**Making sure careers/jobs match skills Sims have acquired**
**Turn Off Aging Only**
**Remove Population Cap**
**Do not initiate first time interactions with played households**

Relationships
- Marrying and Divorcing (Townies Included)
- Non-Played Sims having Children/Adopting: If Sims have the hates children trait, they should not adopt or have children)
- Affairs (low percentage of happening maybe? so it doesn't happen too often)
- Sims becoming Best Friends/ Boy Friend / Girl Friend (Percentage Based)
- Girlfriend/Boyfriends breaking up (Could be trait based)
- Enemies being created (Based on traits/relationships/friendships)
- Being able to increase and decrease relationship/friendship status
- Sims moving in together

Sims
- Sims Dying
- Sims Being Born
- Skill Building??
- inherit assets (money,houses etc.)
- Family members living at other residences come visit often
- Death of a Sim not in the active household should affect your active households Sim
- Aging as per game settings, not just because story progression wants too

World
- Sims Moving In
- Young Adults move out of parents homes (Percentage Based)
- Sims moving houses based on promotions and demotions
- If Sim parents die, any children will be moved to a relatives house, if any

Careers
- Choose Careers/Jobs: Should be picked based on Traits and Aspirations
- Progressing in selected Career/Job
- Sims earning money
- Townies find Jobs/Able to level up jobs
- Townies meeting people on the job
Post edited by weebl_101 on

Comments

• Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    Sims marrying and divorcing.

Sims having children.
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    Giving birth/adopting. If they can age and die off we need them to replenish the neighborhood somehow.
  • Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    @lynny

Just to be clear, you're aware that when a household dies off the game fills it, yes?
  • Options
    camman1995 wrote: »
    @lynny

Just to be clear, you're aware that when a household dies off the game fills it, yes?

I've seen a lot of people say their child and teen sims have no friends at school, that's what I'm referring to, so maybe a smarter system of adding households instead of getting to a point where the younger sims don't have anyone to grow up with.
  • Options
    miki9734miki9734 Posts: 76 Member
    Divorcing, affairs, love children! I want some drama!
  • Options
    @lynny

SimguruGrant says that they want to do more with making friends at work/school. The story progression system that they have implemented will actually add children and teens if they are needed so there is a good mix of all life stages.. So hopefully they can fix the friend making thing in a future patch. I don't know if you are aware, but you can select the squiggly arrow, when your Sim is at work, and tell them to make friends.. You will lost performance.. I dont know if this is bugged or not
  • Options
    @jennemm75

You can currently turn them off in the game settings.. For both played and non played Sims
  • Options
    Sirjohn4420Sirjohn4420 Posts: 421 Member
    lynny wrote: »
    camman1995 wrote: »
    @lynny

I've seen a lot of people say their child and teen sims have no friends at school, that's what I'm referring to, so maybe a smarter system of adding households instead of getting to a point where the younger sims don't have anyone to grow up with.

yes this happens to me my teen has no friends his own age, its either children or adults, and yes i checked to make sure they were adults and not teens LOL its so confusing. Anyways they need to equal it out more on townies.
    2v9ekhx.gif
  • Options
    weebl_101 wrote: »
    @lynny

SimguruGrant says that they want to do more with making friends at work/school. The story progression system that they have implemented will actually add children and teens if they are needed so there is a good mix of all life stages.. So hopefully they can fix the friend making thing in a future patch. I don't know if you are aware, but you can select the squiggly arrow, when your Sim is at work, and tell them to make friends.. You will lost performance.. I dont know if this is bugged or not

I do the socialize option quite a bit and my sim has never once even had another acquaintance added to her relationship roster, I hope it's bugged, because otherwise it's a terrible feature. Relationships should be formed at work for adults, there's so little time between skill building and challenges to do so outside of it.
  • Options
    MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member

- Sims Choosing Careers/Jobs (Non-Played Families)
    - Marrying and Divorcing
    - Non-Played Sims having Children/Adopting

Just to add on to this, these things should be based on the Sim's traits and aspirations. A Sim with Creative and Art Lover, and the Painter aspiration should be unlikely to be an Astronaut: They should choose Painter. Sims who Hate Children should not adopt or have children, and Sims who are Family Oriented should have increased odds of the same.

That sort of thing.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i miss getting warning when someone is about to die. i found out the first ts4 couple i made died by clicking on their house.
  • Options
    SDBmaniaSDBmania Posts: 68 Member
    I'd like it if sims could advance in careers on their own. What do you guys and gals think about sims building their skills too?
    Origin ID: sdbmania
    My blog:scottdavidbrown.com
  • Options
    @lynny

Most likely bugged feature.. I haven't really noticed it wasn't working.. I have been trying to push performance up.. I will check and see if it's been logged in the bug forum
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 721 Member
    edited September 2014
    SDBmania wrote: »
    I'd like it if sims could advance in careers on their own. What do you guys and gals think about sims building their skills too?

Yes, that should be included as well. :D
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    In SimGuruGrants current chat he asked to send things that you want Story Progression to do.. Please post your suggestions, so we can help the gurus out with what the players want story progression to progress in the game.

- New Sims moving in
    - Sims Dying
    - Sims Choosing Careers/Jobs (Non-Played Families)
    - Marrying and Divorcing
    - Non-Played Sims having Children/Adopting
    - Affairs (low percentage of happening maybe? so it doesnt happen too often)

This ^^^ Perfect! respect-054.gif
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    I don't know if this really counts but SOME sort of indicator right at first glance that differentiates a teen from an adult would be AWESOME.
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    The gurus need more than help they need a smack upside the head...
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    NPCs could:
    -marrying other townies
    -have children
    -the children (when they become YA) can move out if there's an extra house
    -We can possibly get alerts/messages about things going on in the town.
    - Always making sure there's a well balance between each lifestage population in the town i guess o .o
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    If it get too populated, increase disaster risk chance thus causing deaths in game for the townies. :D
    so far my games able to handle 150 homeless sims atm. :O
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    Please Plumbob..give us more careers. I need a better higher up job for my Obama sim and Michelle xD right now he's in the secret agent branch and she's a writer..

Which isn't untrue if you think about it BUT still :)
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    If it get too populated, increase disaster risk chance thus causing deaths in game for the townies. :D
    so far my games able to handle 150 homeless sims atm. :O

I remember doing that in TS3 xD @_@ I can imagine i'll probably be running into that issue in a few days. My sims already have 6 children (household 1) annnd my other family has 5 (household 2). annd once the oldest are old enough, i'll have them married and test the genetics. I'll see how it works out. xDDD

tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 721 Member
    edited September 2014
    yea, I'm suprised my game can handle 150 and this is being played on a 400$ laptop. LOL!
    Also in sims 3 when my town started to overpopulate the disasters kept them in check.
    I had whoohooer and a Meteor mod that activates meteor 5% chance an hour and some other mods that increased disaster chance by 5%. it was the only way I can add fun and immersion. I also applied vector diseases mod as well.
    But yea. :O

they were a great method, nuff said.