Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

COURT MAFIA

Comments

• Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    Skelda wrote: »
    Alleen! I'm so excited to see you here. :)

I'm not sure how the claiming system will work, it seems townsided. But we'll see.

Thank you.. ;) Let's give it a try then...
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    edited September 2014
    Skelda wrote: »
    Alleen! I'm so excited to see you here. :)

I'm not sure how the claiming system will work, it seems townsided. But we'll see.

Should I change it to one night immunity? Two nights does seem a bit much, or maybe not. Opinions?

Marvelissa wrote: »
    I was kind of thinking about that too. Since the detective gets immunity for two nights by claiming and cannot be smartly counterclaimed. But yeah, we'll have to see.

Yes, this will be another test run, at least regarding the Detective role and claiming system. I might do away with the claiming system if it doesn't work well. But I thought it would be a fun idea and would give initiative for the Detective (and future roles I plan on adding) to talk. And plus it's more realistic anyway. :P That's the whole point of going on the stand in a real trial, to be asked questions and reveal evidence.
    Plus, I think it could lead to some good drama, potentially. :b

So we'll see how it goes. :) And if townspeople end up abusing it, I could either limit it somehow or, instead of going to jail for lying under oath, you could be executed. :P

I'm open to any and all suggestions though, so if you think of a good idea or see something that needs tweaking, please let me know. :smile:
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    I do think it's more realistic that way, Turner, I'm just not sure how well that translates to mafia. We'll see though! It might work okay!
    And yeah, one night immunity might be better, especially in a small game.
    And I don't think a death sentence vs. jail would help. There's already absolutely no incentive for town to lie in that situation as far as I can tell.
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    Ok I've never played a mafia game before but I've played slasher so kinda familiar with the sorta rules. Can I sign up please?
    Could I also request that I'm contacted through this forums private messaging cos my email is broken. I'm making a new email though this werk if it's a problem.
  • Options
    So what time do we start? o:)
  • Options
    Ok I've never played a mafia game before but I've played slasher so kinda familiar with the sorta rules. Can I sign up please?
    Could I also request that I'm contacted through this forums private messaging cos my email is broken. I'm making a new email though this werk if it's a problem.

Great! You are now on the list. :) Are you fine going by Rockley or would you prefer to go by something else?

And if you have any questions, please ask! Even the most experienced mafia players are going to be a bit confused with this setup, but only because there's a lot more to it than most mafia games, and it's still a new concept. I think everyone will get the hang of it in time.

And yes, definitely. I'm going to try and do all messaging through the PM system on here. :smile:
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Alleenmens wrote: »

Right before I go to bed, which is in an hour or two. :P I'll PM everyone their roles and then we can start.

I'm hoping in that time frame we can get at least ONE more person so we can reach 10, but I'm fine starting with 9. That means 2 mafia members... with 10 players I'm not sure if I'd do 2 or 3 mafia. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Turner wrote: »

Right before I go to bed, which is in an hour or two. :P I'll PM everyone their roles and then we can start.

I'm hoping in that time frame we can get at least ONE more person so we can reach 10, but I'm fine starting with 9. That means 2 mafia members... with 10 players I'm not sure if I'd do 2 or 3 mafia. :open_mouth:

Hehe make it 3 >:)
  • Options
    SheldonlySheldonly Posts: 6,103 Member
    I am so glad I didn't miss any of this!
    Day starts are like "We live in a happy town, everything is fine but we'd rather lynch someone just in case!"
    - Caro the Magnificent

An Introduction to Mafia

Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 51 ||Games Won: 31
    Mafia: 4 ||Third: 7 ||Town: 39 ||Alien: 1
    NK: 19 ||Lynched: 7 ||Alive: 25

• Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Okay, I think I will join this mafia.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    Cool!
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    The mafia is full now. :)

Snl-so-freakin-excited.gif
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    OOh looking forward to getting it started :)
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    Turner hurry up! Its already saturday, lol.
  • Options
    :# Maybe he fell asleep... :s
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    No I'm still awake, just hoping we'd get 11... 10 is just an awkward number. XD I'm bad at balancing.... Not sure if it should be 2 mafia or 3 mafia.
  • Options

Okay... Hope someone join us soon... :)
  • Options
    Okay... Hope someone join us soon... :)

Nah that's okay... We'll start soon. I think.... what I'll do is have a 2-person mafia team. And in order to balance it to make it easier for mafia, they will have a special power. The power is that they have 2 attempts to frame someone else; they can choose which night and which person to frame (must be two separate nights, allowed to frame same person twice), and if the person they framed is investigated by the Detective that night, the person framed will look guilty of the crime and the Detective will receive the same information they would get if they correctly investigated a mafia member.
    The Detective could then use this evidence in court, not knowing for sure if it is faulty evidence or not.

Hope that sounds fair and fun. XD

• Options
    Randomizing roles now. :)
  • Options
    Cool... ;)
  • Options
    MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    Whoot just a head up I'm working on an essay so I'll be pretty spotty unless we get into a heavy debate or something
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    PLAYERS

1. Renee (Sheldonly) :mrgreen:
    2. Lissa :mrgreen:
    3. Emily :mrgreen:
    4. Skelda :mrgreen:
    5. Maj :mrgreen:
    6. CM :mrgreen:
    7. Shannen :mrgreen:
    8. Alleen :mrgreen:
    9. Rockley (JUDGE) :mrgreen:o:)
    10. Jake (x_MG_x) :mrgreen:

Rockley is the Judge!
    (Rockley, I wasn't able to PM you, and I don't have your email, so if you could please PM me first, I can message you back and let you know your alignment, and add your mafia buddy if you have one. :P )

Everyone else:
    Roles have been sent, either through PM or email. :) I have 'permission issues' which sometimes doesn't let me PM random people for whatever reason, so if you didn't get a PM from me, please check your email instead.

Everyone should have received one of these messages:

You are a Citizen! (Vanilla Townie)
    You are part of the Mafia! Your mafia buddy is ____.
    You are the Judge! (Town-Aligned)
    You are the Judge! A corrupt one at that, since you are also apart of the Mafia! Your mafia buddy is ____.
    You are the Detective! (Town-Aligned)

If you have any private questions or concerns, please PM me. :-]
  • Options
    Cool!
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    Are we starting now then? :o

Oh and I like your framing idea to balance it. I think that's probably a good way to balance the Detective and claim system, actually.
    Makes the Detective a bit less untouchable and foolproof, which I think is good given that by claiming they can be given immunity and can not sensibly be counterclaimed. If the Detective is found to be inadvertently using false evidence, do they end up in jail?
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Night 0

It's only been a month since Larry's friends attempted to exact their revenge on the people of Turner Town for executing Larry for a crime he did not commit. The town thought he was guilty of a family murder, but they were wrong, as the real killer got away to never be seen again. Larry's friends wanted justice for Larry's unnecessary execution. In the process they murdered many people, but in the end, they were both caught and executed. Turner Town has been peaceful since, although everyone has been shaken up by all the killing going on.

But, everyone should be safe again, because the killers are dead, right? Too bad it's not over yet.

A cop on duty was patrolling the streets at midnight, when he suddenly heard someone behind him. He turned around, but it was already too late. He was stabbed through the heart and instantly died.

Day 1

The cop was found the next day, obviously murdered. The town comes together and figures they need to figure this out in a civil manner. "We have a good court system!" someone yells. They all agree. Murder Trials are the best way to go, lynching was so last century.
    Besides, they all believe in a right to a fair trial.... but who's going to trial first?

ACCUSATION PERIOD STARTS NOW.

Remember that you are all free to talk and accuse, and able to file a case to bring someone to court. The Judge then picks which case they want to have solved. ;)