Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

COURT MAFIA

Comments

• Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    Ooh lots of info and plan making so far with this. I'm on my phone so quoting you guys will be tough.
    I think it was lissa that said to assume the judge is mafia and have a revolt straight away. Just bear in mind that turner is asleep now so hasn't been able to pm me to let me know if I'm town sided or mafia sided yet. I prob won't know until the trial time when turners back so whatever decisions I make for this round wont be based on my affiliation cos as it stands I don't actually know it yet. Any trial choices I make will be blind choices with no Idea which side I'm actually on.

One question though, what happens if mo trial takes place, if I choose no trials.
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    Ooh lots of info and plan making so far with this. I'm on my phone so quoting you guys will be tough.
    I think it was lissa that said to assume the judge is mafia and have a revolt straight away. Just bear in mind that turner is asleep now so hasn't been able to pm me to let me know if I'm town sided or mafia sided yet. I prob won't know until the trial time when turners back so whatever decisions I make for this round wont be based on my affiliation cos as it stands I don't actually know it yet. Any trial choices I make will be blind choices with no Idea which side I'm actually on.

One question though, what happens if mo trial takes place, if I choose no trials.
    No, no. We don't want to revolt right away now. I meant, if we are in lylo (one more townie than mafia left) and we see someone make an immediate accusation, THEN we should probably revolt asap. This bit of strategy is more intended for later.

And we'd go to night without a trial. But I think having a trial would be a good idea. Just not a hasty one.
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,736 Member
    Majestyk wrote: »
    There is quite a few people playing that I've never played with before. :( My favorite pen just went out! Anyone know what timezone the judge is in?

Yep I'm a newbie in the mafia games... So i'm still checking things out... B)

• Options
    Cheers lissa I get ya now. That tactic could work very well in the mafia favour though in that situation. Less mafia left si start a revolt, get rid of the town judge and then have a mafia judge...

I allowed talk about my suspicions or do I have to act impartially?
    Do you think going by previous games is a good idea too, could cloud your vision a bit.
  • Options
    Cheers lissa I get ya now. That tactic could work very well in the mafia favour though in that situation. Less mafia left si start a revolt, get rid of the town judge and then have a mafia judge...

I allowed talk about my suspicions or do I have to act impartially?
    Do you think going by previous games is a good idea too, could cloud your vision a bit.
    Well, yeah, but if it's determined that that is the case we end the revolt. The scenario I'm trying to stop is a mafia quickly accusing a townie and a mafia judge quickly accepting the case, something which in lylo would mean an autoloss for town.

You can talk about your suspicions. You don't have to be impartial :P

Sometimes it's good not to consider past games too much. It can be useful, but also sometimes makes us miss things. Those of you who haven't played a lot in a way have an advantage, as past games can't cloud your judgement like it can indeed sometimes cloud ours.
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    You can talk I think. It doesn't say you can't just says you can't accuse someone
  • Options
    so I can be suspicious of all you mafia scum then. Cool.
  • Options
    Yup and Turner forgot to change the title before he went to bed.
  • Options
    Majestyk wrote: »
    Yup and Turner forgot to change the title before he went to bed.
    Lol yeah. xD
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options

So are you mafia?
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Ah....I didn't know this started lol....and @turner I never got a message or email on my alignment or role :S
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,284 Member
    I'm starting to get suspicious of Alleen. Her scumhunting just feels fake.
  • Options
    Skelda wrote: »

I told you I'm new in this game... :/ But I can assure you I'm town... :)
  • Options
    SheldonlySheldonly Posts: 6,103 Member
    Is it even day yet?
    Day starts are like "We live in a happy town, everything is fine but we'd rather lynch someone just in case!"
    - Caro the Magnificent

An Introduction to Mafia

Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 51 ||Games Won: 31
    Mafia: 4 ||Third: 7 ||Town: 39 ||Alien: 1
    NK: 19 ||Lynched: 7 ||Alive: 25

• Options
    Skelda wrote: »
    I can see where you're coming from on this. I think it may just be newness/playstyle though. Not sure.
    Sheldonly wrote: »
    Is it even day yet?
    Yes. Turner forgot to change the title. xD
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    Turner wrote: »
    Night 0

It's only been a month since Larry's friends attempted to exact their revenge on the people of Turner Town for executing Larry for a crime he did not commit. The town thought he was guilty of a family murder, but they were wrong, as the real killer got away to never be seen again. Larry's friends wanted justice for Larry's unnecessary execution. In the process they murdered many people, but in the end, they were both caught and executed. Turner Town has been peaceful since, although everyone has been shaken up by all the killing going on.

But, everyone should be safe again, because the killers are dead, right? Too bad it's not over yet.

A cop on duty was patrolling the streets at midnight, when he suddenly heard someone behind him. He turned around, but it was already too late. He was stabbed through the heart and instantly died.

Day 1

The cop was found the next day, obviously murdered. The town comes together and figures they need to figure this out in a civil manner. "We have a good court system!" someone yells. They all agree. Murder Trials are the best way to go, lynching was so last century.
    Besides, they all believe in a right to a fair trial.... but who's going to trial first?

ACCUSATION PERIOD STARTS NOW.

Remember that you are all free to talk and accuse, and able to file a case to bring someone to court. The Judge then picks which case they want to have solved. ;)

Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    Ah....I didn't know this started lol....and @turner I never got a message or email on my alignment or role :S

From Turner:

Everyone else:
    Roles have been sent, either through PM or email. :) I have 'permission issues' which sometimes doesn't let me PM random people for whatever reason, so if you didn't get a PM from me, please check your email instead.
  • Options
    Sheldonly wrote: »
    Is it even day yet?

Yep it still day...
  • Options
    Aw I hope nobodyTries to sign up.

So. There's a good few people who haven't posted yet.. This timezone related? What time is it where you guys are? It's 1815 at the mo.
  • Options
    19.18 +2GMT
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    18:18pm here

Also, cm, probs best not to say out loud that you weren't told their alignment. It could give clues as to what you are
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    CM, if you didn't get a PM OR email, PM/email Turner. He might have missed you, it might not have gone through, etc. If so, he should be able to remedy that when he wakes up.

Rockley, yeah I hope so.
    It's 10:17 am here. (My time zone is PDT.) :P

let me glance at the player list.

1. Renee (Sheldonly) - has posted
    2. Lissa - has posted
    3. Emily - In Scotland so GMT is her timezone I believe. She'll probably be around at some point soon. Has posted. Hi Em. :P
    4. Skelda - has posted
    5. Maj - has posted
    6. CM - has posted
    7. Shannen - GMT is her timezone I believe. She'll probably be around at some point soon.
    8. Alleen - has posted
    9. Rockley - has posted
    10. Jake (x_MG_x) - Has said he sleeps REALLY late. Probably will show up in a few hours.
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    Alleenmens wrote: »

So are you mafia?

I didn't see this. Sorry was typing while you posted. I'm not mafia no. Are you.
  • Options
    I wish... :p
  • Options
    EST for me 1:28 pm