Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Can you please, PLEASE tone down texting? My sim texts every few sim minutes and it's becoming annoying having to cancel it every minute.

I don't get why actual game play like alien abductions and vampire visits get nerfed or become non-existent while things like texting overrun the game. Another is drinking water. My sim gave a guy a key to her apartment and all he does when he comes is drink water. For the 2 hours he's there, he drinks like 7 glasses of water and then deposits the glasses on the floor, the shelves.....everywhere! Then my sim has to go on the hunt for the stinky spoiled water.

Meanwhile the obsessive texting is the only part of most people's real lives this "life simulator" simulates hahahahaha
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Since shelves dont really work, do you think you could allow something like this to work? My sims of course cant reach any of those items to view, no matter how much they might want to. I would love to give them a stackable shelving unit. (this is just the long table stacked)
    9TwSEKj.png
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Can you please, PLEASE tone down texting? My sim texts every few sim minutes and it's becoming annoying having to cancel it every minute.

I don't get why actual game play like alien abductions and vampire visits get nerfed or become non-existent while things like texting overrun the game. Another is drinking water. My sim gave a guy a key to her apartment and all he does when he comes is drink water. For the 2 hours he's there, he drinks like 7 glasses of water and then deposits the glasses on the floor, the shelves.....everywhere! Then my sim has to go on the hunt for the stinky spoiled water.

Meanwhile the obsessive texting is the only part of most people's real lives this "life simulator" simulates hahahahaha

I realize irl that people are actually like that, but I dont like it irl either. What's-a-matter with them? I don't have a cell phone and don't like that my sim has to have one. At least make it so that it doesn't control my sim and my sim controls it!
  • Options
    DiabeticlySweetDiabeticlySweet Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been playing the sims games for the past 17yrs and I absolutely love the way things have changed! I know this might sound far fetched but here me out:
    Since 2014 my husband has been on crutches and is now wheelchair bound. I think a great addition to the game if at all possible would be the option for wheelchairs. It's sounds crazy but I think it would be a fantastic add on. If this could be made possible I would be forever in your debt and my husband would be happy as well.
    If anyone from maxis would like to hear more of my idea just email me.
  • Options
    liisanzzliisanzz Posts: 2 New Member
    I'd be thrilled if there would be expansion pack like Superstar in Sims 1. It was the best!
    You could be a real singer, model, like anything, fans would bring you roses, in the streets there is Marilyn Monroe walking... and also random calls were the best in Sims 1! "We are watching you."
    Showtime was nothing like Superstar.
  • Options
    liisanzzliisanzz Posts: 2 New Member
    And in Pets 1 there was competitions, it was fun also. That would be good also in 4.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Toddlers. I hate having toddlers. I wish we got the option to skip certain updates. I wish they would have just put it in a gamepack or something.
    A workaround: you can skip the the toddler lifestage by baking the birthday caking and having them blow out candless far before reachind the end of toddlerhood.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    ...and still, there is no way for my sim to age up if I really don't want to buy a cooker and learn to bake cakes...

Buy cakes you say? Who does that in real life???
  • Options
    CorinaBlissCorinaBliss Posts: 1 New Member
    A Guru suggested I come leave my thoughts about the accidental vampire-alien hybrids that have recently popped up in the game.

I love them. Everyone I've shown my hybrid to is in love as well and they're trying to replicate what I did. I wish I could post a picture but I'm a brand new member lol

Instead of "fixing" the hybrid "glitch/bug," many people think it would be really awesome to just make it a regular part of the game.
  • Options
    ValandraValandra Posts: 3 New Member
    > @CorinaBliss said:
    > Instead of "fixing" the hybrid "glitch/bug," many people think it would be really awesome to just make it a regular part of the game.

I love my vampire/alien hybrids. I don't mind the conflict with the disguise and dark forms, I just work around it. I really don't want to see them "fixed" out of the game. For me it's not a bug; it's an undocumented feature that I really enjoy. ;) It would be great if there were a way to make them aliens that look like vampire/alien hybrids and have the dark form, no disguise, and both sets of powers.
  • Options
    jasminevila2jasminevila2 Posts: 7 New Member
    I would really like to see the hybrids bug stay and be improved upon maybe? Like the alien/vampire hybrid thing going around!!
  • Options
    DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
    I have a question about the Sims 4 Vampires. Will there ever be an option to make plasma fruit salad in the "have a quick meal" option on the refrigerator? The reason I ask this is because one vampire is easy enough to maintain on thirst, but then add in a whole household of vampires and it becomes annoying. If there was an autonomous option to keep thirst at bay, then it would be more enjoyable to play the undead without have to struggle with the thirst need every time. (Plasma packs somewhat solve this, but the player still HAS to intervene to make this happen and the rate at which vampires drink plasma packs in fairly quick.)

The other thing is spiral staircases and elevators. It would be nice to have these officially in the game. (There are mods, but really it just needs to be in there) These two things are wonderful in conserving space in a house setup.
  • Options
    DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
    Also love this game, especially sims 4 because of the creation system and updates.
  • Options
    dirty_milosdirty_milos Posts: 210 Member
    "Sims will no longer autonomously donate money to charity."

Oh, why, that was so cute, it made them look really alive, like they had a soul.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited July 2017
    Would like to see the Aliens powers condensed into a similar menu like the Vamps have - can be a bit annoying to track down the various alien powers in the menus.

Also, while I know this is a "long term" thing - after how incredibly well done the Vamps are and remembering the S3 Aliens (plus that awesome outfit) - I do hope you folks have something in store sci-fi wise/overhaul our ET friends. It's by far my fave life state but man the Vamps are SO well done its kind of a glaring gap in style between the Aliens and Vamps.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    lilDecemberistlilDecemberist Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey guys.

Just a little nitpick. I'd really like for Plasma Fruit Salad to have a purpose in the game instead of just making my Vampire Sims vomit.
    Regardless of whether or not my Sims has the Withered Stomach weakness, Plasma Fruit Salad makes him sick. Since he can eat Plasma Fruit, this doesn't make a lot of sense to me, and it doesn't make the fruit salad a viable option whatsoever, making it a useless item.

I know this is by design but it's kind of a dumb design.
  • Options
    GingerSimmer14GingerSimmer14 Posts: 1 New Member
    I overall LOVE the game. There are a few bugs and things here and there but that doesn't take away from the fun of playing in my opinion. I actually have an idea for a stuff pack focusing mainly on the 50's and 60's with poofy hair, and a-line dresses(with ploka dots of course) and sweater vests, and more mid-century modern furniture,. I know we have the Bowling Night stuff pack but there really wasn't that much Retro furniture in it and I would LOVE for there to be more. Also I have an Idea for a game pack focused around the 1910's and the 1920's with a world in which sims can only use things from that time period (example: no TV's, no Cell phones, Small kitchen appliances, etc.) and you can dress your sims in nice fancy clothes like the ones from Vintage Glamour but a little less Art Deco style and a little more Art Nouveau style. Oh and also, *louder voice with nudging edge* I THINK WE WOULD LIKE AN EXPANSION OR GAME PACK WITH FURRY LITTLE CREATURES THAT YOU CAN OWN AND CARE FOR!
  • Options
    seungdoseungdo Posts: 30 New Member
    > @Nickysaur said:
    > Hello all!
    >
    > I'm happy that this thread was created because I have a lot of things I wanted to talk about. I have been playing the Sims since the first one came out and I have to say I had very high expectations for the Sims 4. With all the previews, pictures and trailers, I was thinking this game would blow the Sims 3 out of the water! However, I've been mostly disappointed.
    >
    > I'm very disappointed with the game so far (since I've only played about 9-10 hours) because it seems like they have gone back in time instead of making improvements.
    >
    > Here are some of the things I want to rant about:
    >
    > I hate that some of the furniture and other items have an annoying "you need to be X level of X job to unlock this item"...it makes me so angry...there are hardly any objects already and we need to do all the jobs to get to them. Ugh. Reminds me of Sims 1..back to the stone age!
    >
    > Also I hate that jobs have "make 4 friends!" for their next promotion...it's so annoying. I hate having to keep calling and keeping track of friends...I know this might just be me but I want to focus on their skills more than their friends.
    >
    > ***Another thing that I'm very disappointed in is that they removed the awards program for making your Sim happy. Unless I am wrong, I haven't seen it anywhere and I loved the Sims 3 for that reason. It was awesome to purchase "steel bladder" and the other awards that made controlling multiple Sims easier :(! why is it gone :(!
    > ***Nevermind! found it :D! yay!
    >
    > Of course there are the obvious cut backs in the games like the toddlers and the pools. It was fun having the toddlers, even if sometimes I would just give them the cake to age them up, other times I felt like I wanted to play them and it was cute to have them around...it's sad to have them removed altogether though..
    >
    > I hate the way that you see the towns too...it feels so bland...i feel like the Sims 3 had the best towns, the best way to navigate through them and visiting the neighbors and the surroundings.
    >
    > -
    >
    > On a more positive note, I do like:
    > -The amazing graphics
    > -How they are relating to current society (for example: the hairstyles, the clothes, the new skills i.e. "video gamer", programming, etc..)
    > -I like the overall look of the new menu, it's clean and simple.
    >
    > I probably need to give this game more time, since I might be missing out on many things. In any case, I wish that the Sims 4 could have been even more amazing than the Sims 3 but I find myself wanting to go back to playing the Sims 3 again instead of continuing with the Sims 4 any longer.

How can i post a new discussion?
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I have a pet peeve:

I'd wish that Sims would stay still in CAS in full body focus mode - especially vampires. They hiss and move constantly and child vampires sound ridiculous. Whenever I'm using CAS, I mute the game in order to avoid going crazy.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    vampirecarmillavampirecarmilla Posts: 3 New Member
    I'd like to see more careers available. Possibly, an engineering field, teacher, fireman, etc. More general careers. More varied part-time jobs for teens, and the option for adult sims to have a part-time job. (Is there a mod for this??)

A more interactive neighbourhood. More things to do, perhaps, a park in each one neighbourhood. For me, the loading screens are too long. - Is this an issue for anyone else? I can literally wait 3-7 minutes for my game just to take my sims to the house next door.

Personally, the DLC I want to see is an animals pack, I need pets! I loved the Sims 3 Pets, for some reason horses were my favourites. They're beautiful animals. I want to see university too, and have that lead on to more careers. I also want to see a more interactive pack for families. Parenthood is pretty good, and I'm enjoying it. However, I was hoping for a bit more than a reprimand system. WITCHES. I can't wait for immortal (hopefully) witches to be added.

CAS wise, I'd like to see a more varied skin tone range with different undertones. I'd like to see more long haired options for males and females. I'd love to see more hair colours too.

A style I'd like to see a bit more is gothic. The Vampires game pack was amazing, however, it was more supernatural than gothic. Clothing wise, I'd love more range in textures, lace, satin, velvet, etc.

||
  • Options
    OhsnapitsalexOhsnapitsalex Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a few ideas for furniture, and mechanics : 1. a full sized "space blanket bed" and 2. being able to assign computers to people / put passwords on them. :smiley:
  • Options
    zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    I like how they did the vampires with the alternate power points to buy Vampire Powers. Maybe a good way to handle pets learning tricks or other supernaturals in the future?

Priority 1 is I would like to see more careers and new personality traits.

And 2 - More family/group interactions!!!!

Why can't sims talk and bowl together??? Bowling is sooo boring...

Spiral stairs and elevators for homes.

More door locking choices.

Build real Apartment buildings. I'd love another city world like San Myshuno!!!

Interactive work locations for new careers but that can be visited by anyone! Why can't I go to the hospital when I get sick? How about a salon for a new stylist career? A mechanic lot and give us cars!

Multi functional lots: library/cafe, restaurant/bar, retail/park, etc
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • Options
    LeehazelwoahLeehazelwoah Posts: 2 New Member
    It's a minor detail but it bothers me whenever I capture a screenshoot of my couple sims reacting to "the big news". Whenever a pregnant sim "shares the big news" to somebody, the receipient of the news can't seem to open his/her mouth in shock of the news. They look like they're pouting and that they look sad about it. I hope you can see this through.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    More than anything we need the current enormous amount of bugs fixed. It's too lazy to keep spitting out new content without making sure anything else is working properly first. It really comes off as just wanting out money and not giving a rat's a** about the quality of the product. Costumers don't pay for flawed stuff and eventually, they will stop and think - they deserve to get the best out of their purchase with their (for some) hard earned cash.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    SweetLemonSimSweetLemonSim Posts: 55 Member
    I would really like a basegame plain modern white (and maybe black and some wood coloured to, without a trim) door! :) Not in a pack, in a base game patch. Right know if we are building a modern house, we can choose from a blue/a red/a green door (with a different coloured trim), a beige wooden door (with a different coloured trim), glas doors (I usually use one of these but it does'nt work great for bathrooms), and probably some others that I'm forgetting. But none of these doors that are solid are easily matched. Please :)