Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Myst Building & Trust: Build A Valley Victorian Dream House (Winners Now Posted))

50625e.gif

Myst Building & Trust: Build A Valley Victorian Dream House

Skye and Liz have been coming amazing friends. They have been doing so much together, from getting the business off and running to just everyday stuff like going to a art show together. Neither of the have any siblings and they both feel like they are long lost sisters.

One day the girls were sitting around talking about the places they currently live.

"Skye you know all this money that was left to me and I am still living in my tiny little one room appointment where the roaches rule the appointment building." *she giggles*

Really Skye said, "I live in a one room walk-up on the second floor of the old bakery downtown. It's cramped but I just haven't found any place I would rather move yet."

You know Liz said smiling, "We should buy a house together. After all I feel like we are sisters and we both hate where we currently live. What do you think?"

Skye's eye brighten, "You know that is not a bad idea! Between the two of us we would have enough money to buy a fabulous place!"

Let's do it they both said at the same time and they busted into laughter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this is where you all come in. You are to build the girls dream house. They have some must have's and some other things they would like to have but are not required but adding them in will give you bonus points in your scores.

I am calling the theme a Valley Victorian because the location they live in is "Dragon Valley" and they style of house they want is Victorian.

See below for what is required and what is desired!

Hope this peeks the interest of some of the amazing builders we have. As always I am given a full month, so people can do other obligations as well as join this contest if desired.

NEW DEADLINE - June 6th, 2014 (Midnight EST)

Comments

• Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited April 2014
    The Story Behind The Contest

No idea what I am talking about? Check out these past contest to learn who Liz and Skye Are.

1st One In The Series: Build A Business Contest

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/731060.page#11620916

Second: In The Series: Create The Cast

This is a CAS Contest to Create The Cast Of My Characters In My Story ~

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/734970.page

Third: A Fashion Contest

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/744961.page#11863043

Forth: A Banner Making Contest

I needed some cool banners for this theme since I am going to keep running them for awhile.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/748428.page#11941265
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    RULES AND GUIDELINES

1. No third party custom content is allowed; with one exception custom patterns are allowed.

2. All expansion packs/stuff packs/store items/T-Mobile Items/Dr. Pepper Items Are Allowed.

3. This needs to be a new build, since I know there are many people with amazing business already in their studio I ask that you create a new one for this contest.

4. Screenshots are required. They can be done either here or in a slideshow but must include …..
    • One of the front of the house
    • One of the back of the house
    • One of the floorplan for each level of the house
    • Any additional screenshots you think will help show off your house.

5. Please use the entry forms posted above when entering - you will lose points if this is not done. I know it seems like I am trying to be picky but I am not entries forms making things so much easier for me when judging as well as for the person keeping track of the entries.

Entry Form

Creator's Name/Users Name:
    Download Link:
    Description:
    Pictures:
    Additional Notes (background on the house or anything else you wish to add):

6. Commonly used building cheats such as buydebuy and moveobjects are all allowed.

7. The lot you enter must be your own creation and NOT remodeled from EA lots or another simmer.

8. Please do not use your build in any other contest till this one ends, I want to feel special like it was all done for me. ;) Afterwards the build is of course yours to do with as you please.

9. ***NOTE - RULE CHANGED*** You may enter as many times as you would like. I normally only allow a person to win once, even if they have more than one entry. My normal rule is to take a person's highest scoring house when scoring. But, for THIS CONTEST ONLY I am going to try something a bit different ... so a person can win more than once but not more than twices.

Example: Meaning say Simmer A enters 3 houses, Sim B enters 2, Sim 3 enter 1, and Sim 4 enters 2 houses. After all of the judges scores are tallied the results are like this ....

(Using a 100 Score for my Example)

Sim 1 - House 3 - 98
    Simmer 3 - House 1 - 94
    Simmer 1 - House 1 - 93
    Simmer 1 - House 2 - 90
    Simmer 4 - House 2 - 79
    Simmer 4 - House 1 - 70
    Simmer 2 - House 1 - 55
    Simmer 2 - House 2 - 49

There are 5 places -

1st - Sim 1 - House 3 - 98
    2nd - Simmer 3 - House 1 - 94
    3rd - Simmer 1 - House 1 - 93
    4th - Simmer 4 - House 2 - 79
    5th - Simmer 4 - House 1 - 70

Simmer 1 had all three of their builds place but because of my can only place twice rule, the third build would not could and it would move to the next person on the list. Understand?

At the end of the contest I will take a poll on who liked the two win change and who did not to help determine if I will keep this rule in for future contests.... for now let's just see how it works.

10. You may edit your posts as many times as you would like till you are happy with your entry. Just let me know it is done by posting something like "Official Entry".

REQUIREMENTS

1. Unlimited budget with Skye & Liz's combined income they are willing to pay whatever is needed to have a place they really like ..... so she says spare no expense!

2. Any world - Lot Size 40x40 or bigger. Home will be placed in Dragon Valley so I am calling the theme "Valley Victorian" Because I Want it to fit in the Dragon Valley Theme but still have Most of the Victorian Qualities to It.

Must Have/Required Items

1) At Least Two Bedrooms (3 or 4 would be preferred since the girls have no idea what the future might hold for the two of them)
    2) A Full Kitchen with Dining Area (Or A Dining Room)
    3) At Least 2 Full Bathrooms (they do not want to fight over the bathroom; more would be welcomed)
    4) Indoor Pool
    5) Magic Room (Or Space for Me to Add My Own Stuff)
    6) Burglar Alarm
    7) Smoke Detector
    8) As Many Skill Items As You Can Cram in To It
    9) As Many Premium Items As You Can

Bonus Wishes/Desires (These Are Optional But Will Add Points to Your Scores in the End)

1) Hot Tub
    2) Green House
    3) Entry Way/Area for Shoes, Coats, Hats, Ect.
    4) Driveway - Room for two Cars
    5) Pond/Tiny Bridge Area
    6) Hot Tub

PRIZES

Prizes are awarded in the form of gifts from your wishlist. You can gift away your points to a friend or spend them on yourself or do a bit of both it is entirely up to you.

1st Place – 2000 Sim Points (Anonymous)
    2nd Place – 1500 Sim Points (Anonymous)
    3rd Place - 1000 Sim Points (Sky)
    4rd Place - 750 Sim Points (Anonymous)
    5th Place - 500 Sim Points (Anonymous)
    Honorable Mention - 250 Sim Points (Anonymous)

Current Prize Pool:

Skymyst = 1000 Sim Points
    An Anonymous Sponsor = 5000 Sim Points

Total Prize Pool = 6000 Sim Points

JUDGING CRITERIA & LIST OF JUDGES

Judges

1. Skymyst

JUDGES AND SPONSORS ARE WELCOME AND HIGHLY APPRECIATED BUT NOT REQUIRED!

Each Build will first be checked to make sure it passes the main requirements. After that it will then be judged based on a 100 point scale – with the point breakdown being as follows……

0 - 10 All Requirements Met/Entry Form
    0 – 10 Layout of House (Overall lot design)
    0 – 20 Interior Design
    0 - 20 Exterior Design
    0 - 10 Landscaping
    0 - 10 WOW Factor - Judges Personal Opinions here
    0 – 20 Screenshots /Presentation – Yes, this matters since I will not be able to fully test play every lot – part of the judging will be done based on screenshots and overall entry presentation.

Total Possible Points = 100
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    UPDATES

Same thing as normal anything new or important will be added here though-out the contest for easier access.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Few Things To Note

~ I will be running this theme for a contest at least, for example after this build you might have to make a beach house or help find a date for Skye (CAS Man), maybe she needs help with a business outfit who knows.

~ I will try to give proper time for each challenge based on the level difficulty in my opinion (since we all know what is hard for some people is simple for others.

~ Each entry for these contest must be new and recently created by you, I know this goes without saying but please do not bash other peoples work or upload things you did not make.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)

Having hosting many contest I often know some of the most commonly asked asked questions in my contest. So I have complied a Questions and Answers list below - please look to see if one of these answer your question if not please post your questions in this thread and I will get back to you as soon as possible. [/size]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q: The number of entries you allow always changes, How many times can I enter this contest?

A: You can each enter as many times as you want! So have a ball!

Q: Since the judging is based mostly off screenshots and I am having trouble getting my entry to upload to the site do I have to post a download link?

A: Yes. An entry is not considered complete unless it has a download link. While I prefer items to be downloaded to the exchange if you cannot get it to upload you can use "Mediafire" or other hosting site.

Q.What do you mean "role-play as my Sim"?

A: It is simple you just pretend you are your Sim and you take about your build as if it was the Sim posting it. For example a flirty Sim might wink at Skye as he explains his build while a grumpy sim might not seem overly cheerful in his presentation. I promise it sounds a lot hard then it is.

Q: Do I have to role-play as a Sim, I am not into that stuff I just like to build houses![/b]

A: PLEASE NOTE In this contest you are NOT required to roleplay but Bonus Points can be earned if you take the time to present your build with one of you Sims as the one making it and designing it. So you would role play their sales pitch to Skye and Liz.

Q: Can we use common build cheats - like BuyDeBug and MoveObjects On?

A: Yes, I know there are many of them an I can not list them all but all of the standard ones - that do not require any type of custom content or download - can be used. However, if you are unsure feel free to ask me.

Q: Do you want a special lot size?

A: Lot size in this contest can be any size you wish.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    ENTRIES

As always if anyone is interesting in helping at with this please let me know.

:D - Finish Entry YEAH!
    :mrgreen: - Custard Clean (No Custom Content Found)
    :oops: - Found Custom Contest
    :!: - Entry Not Complete (Still Waiting on Something like Link ect.)

Number - Name - (Extra number for other entries) - Link to Entry Post - Link to Download

The wonderful Ivanna kept track of the entries for me this time - please go here ---> http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/750300.page#11982906

or just scroll down towards the bottom of this page.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    We Have Winners

Hello All, I am so sorry once again for the delays but I do want to thank everyone for the AMAZING builds you all made. Each and everyone were simply stunning you went all out and made sure to add in all the things the girls wanted they are loving all of the houses so thank you so much for that!

Now for our winners.....

Prizes are awarded in the form of gifts from your wishlist. You can gift away your points to a friend or spend them on yourself or do a bit of both it is entirely up to you.

1st Place – Illusie’s Windwhistle Well - 2000 Sim Points (Anonymous) (And Illusie I am going to gift you an extra 250 from Sky in point myself as a thank you for making me a second house even though my rules say you can only win once, it was a stunning build!)
    2nd Place – Romagi1 - 1500 Sim Points - (Anonymous)
    3rd Place - - loobylou1985 - 1000 Sim Points (Sky)
    4rd Place - ACarron0514 - 750 Sim Points (Anonymous)
    5th Place –- HappyHaunt1000 500 Sim Points (Anonymous)
    Honorable Mention - Dayshatw - 250 Sim Points (Anonymous)

Current Prize Pool:

Skymyst = 1000 Sim Points
    An Anonymous Sponsor = 5000 Sim Points

Total Prize Pool = 6000 Sim Points
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Ok, I believe that is everything. This contest is now open! So post away!
  • Options
    DayshatwDayshatw Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited April 2014
    For Inspiration:

victorian-house-2.jpg

caillouette-victorian-house-klamath-falls-or.jpg

victorian-queen-anne-california-2202856.jpg

tumblr_ln08dj9YE41qhxciro1_400.jpg

114-years-old-victorian-house-14.jpg
  • Options
    DayshatwDayshatw Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm gonna use this one.

4739850157_1a1e657199_z.jpg

Simple but sweet
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Wooo, I love all of the pics. I was getting worried had several views but no comments so glad to see someone in interested.
  • Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sky dear, I would love to help you judge, most of my other things going will be over by then. I would also be willing and able to keep track of the entries for you. :wink::mrgreen:

Completed Entry = :D
    Cleared CUSTARD = :mrgreen:
    CC Found = :oops:

Entry List

ACarron0514 - Entry / Download :mrgreen:

Dayshatw - Entry / Mediafire Download :mrgreen:

HappyHaunt1000 - Entry / Download :mrgreen:

illusie - Entry / Download :mrgreen:

loobylou1985 - Entry / Download :mrgreen:

Cntrlswthart - Entry / Download :mrgreen:

illusie #2 - Entry / Download :mrgreen:

Romagi1 - Entry / Download :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, both jobs are yours. Thanks for your help!!! ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Not a problem! You know I love your contests! :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited April 2014
    Your contest sounds great! :) I will look forward to seeing the entries ! The banner you are using in the first post that won the banner contest looks very nice. :)
  • Options
    OceanRose56OceanRose56 Posts: 47 Member
    edited April 2014
    This contest sound very fun! I'll start building soon.
    32526440414_e719483cf8_n.jpg

• Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited April 2014
    Great contest, Sky!
    btw I liked the post you had when the thread was closed and I was peeking earlier :lol:

I see someone else already offered to keep track of the entries for you :D

I'm interested in joining :D Although I have to finish a personal build first, which happens to be a victorian too! lol

I do love the idea for a victorian house for Dragon Valley. It will be a fun challenge to make a match of those 2 styles.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Sky, I noticed the bonus desires #1 and #6 are the same (hot tub). Does that mean they want 2 hot tubs?

I also noticed that in post 3 (Rules and Guidelines) it says you can enter as many times as you like and that you can place 2 times, while in post 4 (FAQ) you say we can only enter once. Maybe you should change post 3 to prevent confusion ;)

Can you specify more about part 1 and part 2? Now it is only mentioned in the FAQ that there are 2 parts.
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited April 2014
    Dayshatw wrote:
    I'm gonna use this one.

4739850157_1a1e657199_z.jpg

Simple but sweet
    I was trying to make a house based on this photo! O_O I had to give up on it though. xD

I will totally be participating in this. My mind already has an idea for the bottom layout!

Like Illusie said, you might want to reread the FAQ's and change them!
  • Options
    cassandrastryffecassandrastryffe Posts: 418 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for hosting Sky! :)

I just spent about 5 hours working on it. Hopefully it'll come out nice:)
    FREE lvl 65 Star Wars The old Republic Character and a huge bundle of free stuff! http://www.swtor.com/r/fYdvmz
  • Options
    loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    edited April 2014
    Bookmarked!
    Hopefully I will have time for this as I am going to be doing what I can on my original pc and my husbands one is a little slow sometimes. Plus it lost all of my saves and I am not sure why, it all reset to a fresh sim install.

I can not promise I will be done but I shall give it my best try :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited May 2014
    I will look forward to seeing your builds cassandrastryffe :) and MizoreYukii :)
    I hope that you are able to enter the contest loobylou1985 :)
  • Options
    Serrano2015Serrano2015 Posts: 249 Member
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    This looks so fun! Do we have to own Dragon Valley to participate?

Carron, I don´t think you have to own it. Just try to make a house that fits in that world. I think you should be able to find several picturs of the town on the site to get an idea of what kind of style fits into the town.
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hey Sky, I'm in for judging. If you decide you want to gift out HMs, let me know, I'm good for the points.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited May 2014
    *goes into lurk mode* I have way too much on my plate at the moment to enter myself, but I'm definitely gonna be lurking!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Sorry Sky, if I haven't posted much, but I'm bouncing all over the place. It should be settling down here shortly. I promise to do better. Hope all is well. You know how to reach me. :wink::mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif