Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NoXroadsname

adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
I am trying to use the achievements section of the game but when I log in instead of saying my username it keeps saying "NoXroadsname", why is this? I can't access my friend's list and I don't think I can even do achievements!

:x
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    popcorn192popcorn192 Posts: 93 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, others and I have the same problem :(
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hey, that's my name too. :lol:

I wasn't really interested in the online feature until I realized my sister and I could chat while we play our game. So I logged in and this name came up. :? Guess I'm not the only one.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    edited March 2012
    Same here...
  • Options
    simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited March 2012
    You guys too? ugh :x
  • Options
    SimsVIP_AdminSimsVIP_Admin Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited March 2012
    Question. Do you all have an Origin Account (username)?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I do. It's the same as my EA one.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yes, and like adventfear, mine is also the same. However, I installed the patch before I updated Origin, so I have no idea if that has to do with anything. :? And after that, I downloaded a manual patch and reinstalled it but it hasn't gone away :(
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Are the emails you use for origin the same as the ones you use to log in here? I ask because somehow I am convinced this is an Origin issue.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Mine are both different(usernames)... However same e-mail used. I updated origin first so I don't think the order is the issue. My game is crashing every time I attempt to play, but I am able to CAS.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Are the emails you use for origin the same as the ones you use to log in here? I ask because somehow I am convinced this is an Origin issue.

Yep. I take I need to change my Origin email?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yes, mine are the same
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yep same name, same email
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I am on my phone atm, but log into your Origin accounts online and make sure your Accounts are linked, you've verified your emails and also that you have created a Master ID. I'll be home in about 20 minutes so I will check to see if there is anything else that may help.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    How do you link the accounts? I verified them and I have a Master ID.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Apparently they have removed the "Link Accounts" option :x :x Go to your profile here: https://www.ea.com/profile and make sure the two ID's at the bottom under "Other Identities" are the same. Also check to make sure the email listed there is the one you use to log into Sims3.com

In the meantime, I'm searching for any other helps.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    All the same. Still "NoXroadsname"

:x
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I went to check and everything was correct except for my email which wasn't verified, but even though it's verified now I still get the noxroadsname :(

Thanks for helping though, you're very kind :D
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    :( I'm sorry you guys. I wish I knew what the problem was, or at least how to help. I hope this gets addressed very soon. :oops:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    :( I'm sorry you guys. I wish I knew what the problem was, or at least how to help. I hope this gets addressed very soon. :oops:
    Thanks for trying to help! :-)
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2012
    Seems to be a very common issue. Get many reports in the bug thread.

Could anyone try to uninstall Origin completely and see if that solves the issue. Only works if you don't have any download versions that need verifying through Origin.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    lipsugarlipsugar Posts: 55 Member
    edited March 2012
    I was just getting invalid email and username. I kept trying and eventually it let me log in. I think it could be because so many people are going to be trying to log in, maybe it is getting overloaded. On the fifth attempt it worked for me. I don't know if it will work again when i restart my game. I have ticked the option of remind logged in.

I have master suite and a few other expansions fast lane that were downloaded from Orgin and it is still working for me.
  • Options
    H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited March 2012
    Well as Crin knows I posted about this on the bug thread originally. I continued to have a play with settings last night but it was getting very late in the UK so didn't report back here, however I'll do a quick update now....

Problem: Logged in to both launcher and site but logging in at the main menu/options sent me to a player profile called NoXRoadsName.

I logged in and out of the launcher and restarted the game several times with the same result each time.

I already knew that Origin was up-to-date as I had updated it specifically to allow the patch to appear in the launcher. The game had also updated without error.

The constant logging in as the fictitious screen name made me nervous so I went to my MyPage to change my password. It wouldn't allow me to do so and said there had been an error. In addition Chrome threw up a nice big red cross warning me not to do so as, although the site was verified the page contained insecure elements!!!! Now I was adamant that I was going to change my password so I logged out of everything completely and logged into Origin to change it there. No errors, no problems. I then run CCleaner forcing everything to require a fresh log in. By then it was the early hours of today. This morning I have started the game and I am currently logged in as me.

The differences I have noted. I was NOT already logged in here when I signed in at the launcher. Signing in at the launcher had already entered my password in the main menu log in as well once the game loaded (this did not happen last night!)Other than that I have done nothing differently.

I have no idea whether changing my password helped or whether EA have been playing with their servers overnight, or even if this is resolved fully for me but this info MAY help.

• Options
    JVENNJVENN Posts: 936 Member
    edited March 2012
    Ihave this issue too...

I may be being truly simple - but how does one change one's password?
    :D My Origin ID is Octavia Moon. I've made some celebrity sims and will be making houses soon :)
  • Options
    H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited March 2012
    Via your MyPage you hover over MyPage at the top which reveals a drop down for account/account and privacy.

However, I would recommend signing in to Origin instead and going to your account settings via the cog wheel there. My MyPage wouldn't let me change mine anyway, it said there was an error....even though I was signed in just about everywhere else on EA's servers ROFL.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thanks everyone for the help.... I have tried all of the methods listed here and I am still experiencing this bug. I really do appreciate all the kind people I come across on this forum because honestly without you all having patience for me, my laptop would be out the window :lol: I'll keep messing around with it and checking back to see if someone figure's something out, again thanks.

***UPDATE***
    Uninstalling origin works. Crinrit, you have always helped me when I had all the wacky issues and for that I thank you a million hon. Problem solved it is an issue with Origin.

v8ouf9.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top