Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Happy at Home Login Event

Comments

• Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,437 Member

Gordy wrote: »
    I do think this is gameplay or a lifestage update. Unless "big" means something large is size. What could be large in size?
    Dragons.

@Gordy In a world of chaos and confusion, I appreciate that you are a constant. :D

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,465 EA Community Manager
    Monet11 wrote: »
    I do think this is gameplay or a lifestage update. Unless "big" means something large is size. What could be large in size?
    Dragons.

@Gordy In a world of chaos and confusion, I appreciate that you are a constant. :D

Truly a beacon of hope in a sometimes dim world.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,629 Member
    I hoping for new Building Tools! (Half width walls maybe? :smiley: ) Or maybe Preteens, or Cars. :smiley:
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,166 Member
    edited May 17
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Dragons.

Torch of hope if you may 🔥
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,617 Member
    Free stuff is nice. Curious to see what it is.

What I would really like is a way to make makeup/accessories be able to put on all outfits. That's the dream update.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,450 Member
    edited May 18
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,359 Member
    MiataPlay wrote: »
    bandit5 wrote: »
    Cars not work in sulani just the worlds with roads.

Not every sim in Sulani takes a boat ..they got roads..but I know what you mean :) Still wishing on that drift. B)

Cars will probably use the already existing routing of bikes and horses and will drive directly into your living room :D

Lol!😂

Beats the backpack! :D
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,532 Member
    I would like a CAS update
    - more CAS columns without the need of a mod
    - color wheel for hairs
    - link make up or accessories across outfit categories
    - change a sims occult state without having to start over

I would also like an update for spiral staircases, round pools (I miss them from the good old sims 2 days), a better working search bar or some other build mode improvements.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,928 Member
    Cars would be nice, but I would be shocked if we got them in a free update. Or, if we did, I could see a scenario where we got basic cars in a free update timed alongside a new EP that really expanded on the theme, which is not what we seem to be getting this summer. So I'm skeptical about that.

CAW, though, would be awesome.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,459 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Cars would be nice, but I would be shocked if we got them in a free update. Or, if we did, I could see a scenario where we got basic cars in a free update timed alongside a new EP that really expanded on the theme, which is not what we seem to be getting this summer. So I'm skeptical about that.

CAW, though, would be awesome.

I think it's highly likely that we get basic cars in a free update because they are such a defining feature for all future worlds/gameplay. EA still tries to hide bikes behind the paywall and it's a complete mess with buyers having to pay again and again for bikes in Uni, Eco, Cottage (bonus item) and Growing Together (junior bikes). I don't think that they will repeat this mistake in regard of the upcoming competitors.

I also think that a Romance EP offers good possibilities to expand on the theme. If I remember correctly, cars in TS2 came with the flirty Late Night EP, and the one and only TS3 car with gameplay was the wonderful fixer-upper-woohoo oldtimer in Roaring Heights.

• Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 810 Member
    edited May 18
    Metal music is bundled into Nifty Knitting. I forget some of the other combinations that really stand out to me, but there are others. Anything can be bundled into any pack. I think they do this on purpose to reach a larger customer base. I wonder how many people bought Nifty Knitting just to get metal music.

Romance and cars: I can definitely see how that could work. That would make a romance pack into an EP.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,539 Member
    Could be some kind of new tools. Recoloring tools? World editing tools? Multi-lot tools?

I would love any of these.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,847 Member
    I think it's an update for toddlers.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited May 19
    After reading the tweet posted on here, that it would be:
    • Something Fun
    • Something Awesome
    • Something New
    • Something the team (including Matthew J. Fahey) has been working on!
    • What could it mean!
    • Coming Soon
    Although that tweet is subjective, I’m now thinking on the lines of something we do not already have in TS4. Although an infant and toddler update/new addition would be fun and awesome for many, including me, perhaps it could be something else.

Since we do not have cars (gas, EV or hoover), motorcycles or mopeds—perhaps one of these or all three will be added. Motorcycles or mopeds would be the easiest since they could use the same routes as bikes. Plus, anyone of these would be new, fun and awesome because we could get some type of vehicle work shop or something related to a vehicle theme.

As I was reading online about The Sims Free Play, I noticed a lot of similarities to things being now released on TS4. TS4 Summer Roadmap is the Season of Love while The Sims Free Play had the Summer of Love Update. The Sims Free Play happen to have these updates:

Free-Play-Updates-1.png

Free-Play-Updates-2.png
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,133 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Dragons.

A beacon of dragonfire.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,337 Member
    Something fun definitely sounds like it has some animations included in this update. If it's transportation that would be awesome. I would personally like to have transportation jobs like truck drivers and airplane pilot in the game. If it's something like a new tween life stage that would be something new that people have wanted. Something new that I want is just how the game filters who's on the lots in-game. If I just wanted locals, singles, gay or straight bar, parents w/toddlers, sims in certain careers to show up because I made a court house and want just the lawyers to show up without having to use Get Together. That's a new kind of feature I'd want.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited May 19
    I want the Superyacht!!!

By the way: Is there a word hidden in the tweet?

Something Fun
    Something Awesome
    Something New
    Something the team (including Matthew J. Fahey) has been working on!

The internet says that "Fawnette" is a female name and means "Young deer". Does this have a meaning for anglophone Simmers?
    Post edited by alanmichael1 on
  • Options
    ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 126 Member
    edited May 20
    @Hearts4u Wow this reminded me about the HMS Amore from The Sims 2 (PS2). A yatch lot where a group of sims live with different romantic (and scandalous) aspirations. And it's where we meet the heart-shaped bed, Love Tub and other heart-shaped objects.
  • Options
    edited May 20
    Considering they said "stuff." There should be more than one.

For those who have Star Wars Journey to Batuu pack, you'll be able to relate. You know how everyone in Batuu wears some type of Star Wars costume. It would be nice if we had a couple of things.
    1. Costume/Special Outfit category in CAS. My costume parties would be so much better if Sims arrive in the outfits that I give them. This category would also be available for Customer Attire at restaurants.
    2. Should they release some type of Medieval Pack with dragons, Royalty Pack, Apocalyptic Pack, Prehistoric Pack, Future Pack, etc., it would be nice if all the Sims in those worlds would dress accordingly. If they can do this for Batuu, surely it's possible to create an immersive experience for these types of new worlds.

The Miller Family needs a Costume/Special Outfit category in CAS. Levi's parents dressed him in a reindeer outfit.
    Special-Outfits.png
  • Options
    edited May 20
    @Hearts4u Wow this reminded me about the HMS Amore from The Sims 2 (PS2). A yatch lot where a group of sims live with different romantic (and scandalous) aspirations. And it's where we meet the heart-shaped bed, Love Tub and other heart-shaped objects.

Although I never played TS2, a yatch lot type and/or cruising on a yacht could be very romantic.

It would also be nice if two Sims can do more things together, like riding in a sail boat.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,166 Member
    edited May 20
    I want the Superyacht!!!

By the way: Is there a word hidden in the tweet?

Something Fun
    Something Awesome
    Something New

The internet says that "Fawnette" is a female name and means "Young deer". Does this have a meaning for anglophone Simmers?
    I think it says

Something Fun
    Something Awesome
    Something New
    Something the team (including Matthew J. Fahey) has been working on
    !
    🤫
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,450 Member
    edited May 20
    Something Fun
    Something Awesome
    Something New

FAN TT (Thermaltake) ? Is it a new cooling fan for computer ???
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,748 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »

Although I never played TS2, a yatch lot type and/or cruising on a yacht could be very romantic.

It would also be nice if two Sims can do more things together, like riding in a sail boat.

I always wanted a world that was only water (pretty simple to create low budget) with just one underwater lot. Lot must be underwater for us to create any size boat, for story telling. Imagine playing a couple sims "drifting" on a tiny float thing in open waters. Mail delivery and grocery delivery might be a challlenge, but hey-ho. In short, I'd applaud the simplest and smallest world ever :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,063 Member
    Something dFun
    Something Awerasome
    Something Newgonsarecomingtothesims4

DRAGONS ARE COMING TO THE SIMS 4

I wonder what this means
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 808 Member
    Something Fun
    Something Awesome
    Something New

It appears to be Something but I can't quite put my finger on it...

Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content