The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Happy at Home Login Event

Comments

• Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,413 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »
    Cars not work in sulani just the worlds with roads.

Not every sim in Sulani takes a boat ..they got roads..but I know what you mean :) Still wishing on that drift. B)
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,114 Member
    A few guesses:
    • With a pool-kit coming it could be pool features. A slide, trampoline or rounded edges for pools.
    • With a bistro coming, as well as the towny look of the houses in the road map perhaps it's multipurpose lots (they have teased them before)
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,561 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Oh, how I have been waiting for this!

Looking forward to seeing how the community reacts to this one.

Until then...

DMOMs6o.gif

I hope it's a pool slide to go with the pool kit.
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    We still don't have the new hair I think
    but thats just one hairstyle and somehow this sounds like more stuff than 1 item so don't think thats it either 🤔 could be some toddler things if theres more than couple items that we saw

That new hair is coming in the July Update as a stylish update.
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Cars would be awesome (I’ve been wanting them since the minute I got the basegame and opened build/buy mode) but I think it’s probably new stuff like pool waterfalls (since there’s one in the upcoming kit and usually build/buy kits don’t have new features). Possibly round pools too.

Yes the pool waterfall in the kit is small. We'd need a bigger one for sims to play under the water.
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I think « destination » is only because teh items are inspired by other countries. Like the café/bistro looks French and the Pool stuff I’m guessing maybe southern Europe (Italy?).
    Cars are also teased by the moving red "road lines" on the road map and the unusual terminus "Destination Kits".

Sure, but that applies to most Kits (Moroccan Oasis, Desert Lux, English Farm Kitchen, Indian Fashion etc.), yet they chose this name now.

I wouldn't expect cars normally, but a two weeks update countdown is so enormous that tiny additions like a pacifier or a pool waterfall would cause a terrible backlash.

Pool Waterfalls are needed but that is coming in a Kit.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,463 Member
    MiataPlay wrote: »
    bandit5 wrote: »
    Cars not work in sulani just the worlds with roads.

Not every sim in Sulani takes a boat ..they got roads..but I know what you mean :) Still wishing on that drift. B)

Cars will probably use the already existing routing of bikes and horses and will drive directly into your living room :D
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,798 Member
    edited May 17
    Hoping it is infant and toddler related because that would make me and Levi so happy.

Infant-Levi.png

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 588 Member
    I really don’t think it’s cars — that just doesn’t fit with free ‘stuff’ to me. And when infants came they gave us a teaser that clearly showed infants, so we knew they were coming. I don’t think we’ve had any obvious hints at cars lately, have we? Just trying to keep my expectations low at this point.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 681 Member
    The icon has the freezer bunny in it as does the SDX logo. So I'm thinking it's free stuff, new CAS or BB, not gameplay. They don't add gameplay through SDX.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,531 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 LOL No its a Caesar. A very special one from a seafood restaurant in my sort of neck of the woods. My son swears by them. I have yet to indulge. I have had their fish tacos though which are also amazing.

The only food related Caesar that I’m familiar with is a pile of lettuce with croutons and a Caesar dressing. 😅
    I live under a rock, so to me the Caesar on your picture looks like something they’d serve on planet Sixam. I had to research it to find out that it is in fact a Canadian cocktail! Color me intrigued!!

By the way @EA_Cade did anyone guess it yet? One blink for “Yes”, two for “No”.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,542 Member
    No idea what the content will be but I highly doubt it is cars. I know they are much requested but I just don't see them function in the sims 4 worlds. Too many lots without roads and several routing issues with paths that don't suit car sized vehicles.

I would like an infant and toddler update.

Most of all, however, I am dreading to update my game. The last updates with for rent and crystal creations didn't go smoothly... Let's hope this update goes well.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 820 Member
    edited May 17
    I do think this is gameplay or a lifestage update. Unless "big" means something large is size. What could be large in size?

Unless "free" and "big" are two different updates. Now I am suddenly unsure that "free" and "big" refer to the same update.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,065 Member
    I do think this is gameplay or a lifestage update. Unless "big" means something large is size. What could be large in size?
    Dragons.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Dragons.

Sadly unless we get medical pack.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,338 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    A few guesses:
    • With a pool-kit coming it could be pool features. A slide, trampoline or rounded edges for pools.
    • With a bistro coming, as well as the towny look of the houses in the road map perhaps it's multipurpose lots (they have teased them before)

Maybe a new basegame town with multipurpose lots?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,220 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Dragons.

I was waiting for this 😂💚
    but hey it could be dinosaurs 🦖
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,143 Member
    Announcements like this usually mean one or two new clothing items or hairstyles, so, that's the kind of thing I'm expecting.

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,243 Member
    Cars would be good and maybe taxi's buses but mostly a horse drawn carriage <3 thats not a rabbit hole. ;-)
    We actually had horses downtown again here after many years but only because they were filming "The Last of Us" . It was pretty cool.

I'm okay with preteens but only if us seniors get a new age designation, lol. We don't all retire and automatically look like we are on our way out.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 464 Member
    I think Cade is dropping hints! It's a tornado! Like simscity destruction! Natural disasters! Floods! Forest fires! Could you imagine??
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,493 EA Community Manager
    I think Cade is dropping hints! It's a tornado! Like simscity destruction! Natural disasters! Floods! Forest fires! Could you imagine??

I can assure you, the only thing I've leaked is that I had 5 minutes to kill before a meeting and access to MS Paint :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,463 Member
    edited May 17

Look what's flying through the storm. Austin Minis 😁
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Cars would be good and maybe taxi's buses but mostly a horse drawn carriage <3 thats not a rabbit hole. ;-)
    We actually had horses downtown again here after many years but only because they were filming "The Last of Us" . It was pretty cool.

I'm okay with preteens but only if us seniors get a new age designation, lol. We don't all retire and automatically look like we are on our way out.

That's why I'm also asking for middle aged lifestage lol. Cougars and Sugar Daddies let's get it lol. (As you can see the hype from the romance pack is lingering lol.)
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,294 Member
    2 weeks, eh? Is that the 31st then?

I'd like it to be cars finally but I'm not getting my hopes up.