Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many kits do you own ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,251 Member
29 kits later ...
fnaiusbmw331.jpg
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

How many kits do you own ? 98 votes

None
4%
Ninja-Dan22simmerLellaAlanSimsvossims 4 votes
Between 1 and 3
15%
IcewolfMariefoxprice83Paigeisin5spice3FreddyFox1234MDianaSimsPurple-InkDrakosDaepheneTheFlyingGentlemanmanicobsessiveUmbreon12pacer1965PandoraTOGreatlyBlessed 15 votes
Between 4 and 7
15%
julienrob2004alexspoom13ncisGibbs02freindlylollisasc360LyrieEnkiSchmidtOldeseadoggemusteniPlainevilSimDestroyerSimmingalFatTribble23EleriCaerfinon 15 votes
Between 8 and 10
10%
CK213BreeSashajeLlyBeAn1573AnmirlaSerraNolwenSerendipity38Paulmarch76MayaRose1138Horrorgirl6GlacierSnow 10 votes
Between 11 and 14
4%
MiataPlayAtreya33logionmightysprite 4 votes
Between 15 and 17
4%
GalacticGallisamwittLiELFJAL 4 votes
Between 18 and 21
8%
g01denswanBlueSeaWavessillyangel0906QuaayEvilyn_1007WildIrishBansheeAaleynJane22 8 votes
Between 22 and 24
5%
bshag4lvCAPTAIN_NXR7Hearts4uRememberJoyReaganbogan 5 votes
Between 25 and 28
21%
BluegayleLeGardePourpreKita5399rudolphaLavasm77elanorbretonSavorySageloubyloulouSimplyJenLolaLuvsSimsDragonAge_300905LeccaRedShoe7DaniRose2143mrs_starkeySERVERFRADaWaterRatKimmerPerti23RandomTokenCode 21 votes
All - 29 kits
12%
NyxLunaStarBoergeAarg61simgirl1010friendlysimmersalanmichael1Daiyuhellohannah2SheriSim57Bellesim67SiggDiggitZazzyKittynskip 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    None
    None. I was waiting for something to catch my attention and I almost got Bust The Dust, Industrial and Clutter just to get something but since I take long breaks from the game I never really cared about them. Can't believe there's 29 now.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 443 Member
    Between 1 and 3
    And I only own them because they were free.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 651 Member
    Between 4 and 7
    1 free - 3 I bought.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,365 Member
    Between 8 and 10
    10 kits. I got Grunge Revival for free thanks to a giveaway.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 554 Member
    Between 4 and 7
    Four:
    -Courtyard Oasis: I love the global fusion aesthetic from City Living and this is a great booster pack for that.
    -Desert Luxe: Freebie. Do I use it? Sure. Would I buy it if it wasn't free? Surely not.
    -Modern Luxe: Bought it for the radio and painting TV. I like the glamorous furniture too, though. Worth every penny.
    -Goth Galore: Freebie. A lot of the items are more specific to my gothy sims, but I like the winter assets for moody winter wear generally.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,922 Member
    edited April 23
    Between 11 and 14
    Huh. You've got two bell curves in your distribution. (at least so far with 13 votes)
    A group of very picky people who get a small number of kits, and a group of completionists :)
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,205 Member
    Between 8 and 10
    I have nine and one was for free
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,460 Member
    Between 18 and 21
    I really like the clutter kits and most of the CAS, some are niche and reasonable as a kit. They've gotten better since the first 3
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,972 Member
    edited April 23
    Between 4 and 7
    7 If I math right
    Courtyard Oasis
    Castle Estate
    Decor to the Max
    Desert Luxe
    Party Essentials
    Fashion Street
    Urban Homage
    I think I math right
    except that I did not include that plant kit which was supposed to go free so when/if it does 8 kits

mostly from giveaways and such though
    and theres few id like to get when I'm rich :sweat_smile: but so far bigger packs have kept my wallet empty
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,048 Member
    Between 15 and 17
    I own more than I thought I did, it turns out. Usually bought for something specific, like he castle galore kit that I bought only to complete my Windenburg cathedral. Worth it? Yes. My favourite, the book nook kit - I use it for everything. I also really like the every day clutter one.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,442 Member
    Between 11 and 14
    I own 14 but one is won in a giveaway and one was free for everyone, so I actually bought 12.

Several build kits and 1 CAS kit.
    I always like new build stuff and every kit had a one or a few items I like. But for the CAS, I have a feeling of overload. So many clothes already in the game and I don't use a lot of them because I only have a few families I actively play.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 513 Member
    Between 1 and 3
    I have 3. One was free for everyone (Desert Luxe) and the other two are Bust the Dust and Little Campers, both of which I really like. I’m looking forward to being able to add Blooming Rooms whenever it becomes free (hopefully soon). And I’m sure I’ll add more kits in time as I tend towards the completionist end of the scale.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    Between 25 and 28
    I don't like the look of Urban Homage but I have all the others. There are a couple I wish I hadn't bought though - Carnaval Streetwear and Courtyard Oasis. They never get any usage in my game.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    Between 22 and 24

I’m going to say 22-24. 😱

I definitely don’t have:
    • Wonky Pink Bedroom Kit.
    • Jingle Jangle All The Way Man Fashion Kit.
    • Used Loo Roll Kit.
    • Disco Ball Kit.
    • Butterfly Top Kit.

I believe there’s 1 or 2 more missing from above list, I just can’t remember which ones.
    I’m not a completist. The most valuable kits for me are the “timeless” ones: CAS and BB that I can use in historical and modern saves. I would really love more sci- fi/ fantasy/ steampunk/ creepy kits, although my preference goes to these genres/ themes released as Stuff/ Gamepacks with new, interesting gameplay.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,972 Member
    edited April 23
    Between 4 and 7
    I definitely don’t have:
    • Wonky Pink Bedroom Kit.
    • Jingle Jangle All The Way Man Fashion Kit.
    • Used Loo Roll Kit.
    • Disco Ball Kit.
    • Butterfly Top Kit.
    Oh but think of all the possibilities with these kits combined! :0

Now I kind of want to buy disco ball and hang it in my loo
    although to be fair that would make me paranoid there is spider on it somewhere
    so I'd have to spin it everytime I visit the loo in true party pooper fashion
    Once I found spider hiding in my bath loofah, it was terrible indeed.
    so ever since I have not been into any bathroom clutter
    rest of the kits though I could find some use I think
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Jane22Jane22 Posts: 10 New Member
    Between 18 and 21
    I have 19, all of them up to Simtimates Collection/Bathroom Clutter. I stopped buying them because I wasn't spending enough time in Build Mode/Create a Sim for them to be worth it (I mostly play in Live Mode). That said, I enjoy the items they offer. I do like the look of some of the more recent kits from the last year, so I might start buying kits again at some point.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,723 Member
    edited April 23
    Between 11 and 14
    huh,

I don't mind kits that much really, some items that are in them are pretty good. That said, there is only so far you can get by just selling content and not gameplay, so that's the main reason why I don't own more kits, I can't just buy content and not have anything new to play and the last expansion pack I bought was Growing Together. I'm not interested in horses and for rent looks like a disaster.

If there was engaging gameplay to go with the kits I probably would have bought more.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Between 25 and 28
    I didn’t think I would but, I just recently purchased the carnaval kit because I wanted some new party attire. I don’t use too much CAS cc outside of hair and jewelry. I wouldn’t take that menswear kit as a free download.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Between 1 and 3
    I have Desert Luxe because it was free. I am also going to get Blooming Rooms when it's free. I also fancy the Little Campers and Party Essentials, but not enough to pay. I hope they go free one day.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Between 25 and 28
    I haven't picked up the latest two yet, and I will only grab Bust the Dust if it's free (mostly as I have zero interest in adding more chores to my sim's lives, and 5 props + debug aren't worth the money. I play to tell stories, not watch my sims do the same boring real life stuff I have to deal with.)

I get why people don't like kits, but I don't mind them at all. Not everyone can or wants to use CC in their games, and several have been a very nice addition to my sims' homes or wardrobes.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Between 1 and 3
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    And I only own them because they were free.

Same. I'm intending to buy the Castle Kit because I love castles, but I haven't succumbed yet. I promised myself I could get if if I was offered a job I had an interview for last week. I didn't get the job, so I didn't get the kit.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    Between 22 and 24
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Oh but think of all the possibilities with these kits combined! :0

Now I kind of want to buy disco ball and hang it in my loo
    although to be fair that would make me paranoid there is spider on it somewhere
    so I'd have to spin it everytime I visit the loo in true party pooper fashion
    Once I found spider hiding in my bath loofah, it was terrible indeed.
    so ever since I have not been into any bathroom clutter
    rest of the kits though I could find some use I think

The horror, the horror! Not Loofah Spider of course, but a combination of the aforementioned kits.
    That said, if we’re ever getting disco ball- shaped loos and loo shaped disco-balls all in one kit, I’d buy it just for the craic as we say over here on The Crumbling Isle.

I’m almost afraid to ask what happened to poor Loofah Spider…
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Between 8 and 10
    I have 9 - I got Desert Luxe free, and won Little Campers in a giveaway, and the others were bought because I wanted some clutter that didn’t use up my cc folder. I’ll also get the Blooming Rooms kit if it ever becomes free 😏.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited April 23
    Between 11 and 14
    I stopped funding the game after For Rent.

I paid for all of them and most of them were on sale. In order to understand the game, I had to spend money on it and play it for a couple of yrs.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,124 Member
    Between 11 and 14
    Now I understand the game.