Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy Sims For Rent?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited January 20
    It's complicated.
    Yeah until save corruption thing is fixed I shall not even dream of buying or adding this to my game

no thank you sim apocalypse not today

I had my doubts when they added apartments because of what a mess dream home decorator can be at times but i didn't expect it to be this bad

sad about that grill though :(
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I will buy it early enough for the bonus items.
    I was going to buy it in time for the bonus items. But I haven't bought it due to the bugs. I haven't decided if I will get it later or not. I was hoping for an interesting world. It seems to have fallen short of that.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    I think there's a very good chance now that I'll never buy it. I feel that some of the bugs might not even be fixable. I'll be viewing future packs with extreme skepticism as well. After the last few EP and GP releases each being more buggy than the last, culminating in this For Rent fiasco, I have no trust in EA's process. Nor do I like they way they're handling players' criticism about it in general. Bad mojo.

I didn’t really have too many problems with Growing together or Horse Ranch, nothing game breaking anyway. For Rent was a bit different story. They may have rushed it out a bit too early for Christmas sales.
  • Options
    lucombrelucombre Posts: 45 Member
    I will wait, perhaps for a sale
    I didn’t really have too many problems with Growing together or Horse Ranch, nothing game breaking anyway. For Rent was a bit different story. They may have rushed it out a bit too early for Christmas sales.[/quote]

With Growing Together the milestones bug meant that I couldn’t really enjoy one of the main features of the pack for over 8 months, which is pretty unacceptable - but at least it didn’t corrupt my save 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I will wait, perhaps for a sale
    No fix, no buy. Have read too many things in the forums, seen too many less than pleased reviews. EA really needs to get their QA act together, including rigorous testing in a real-world environment that matches that of the players.
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited January 22
    I will not buy it until it's fixed and on sale 50% off since they didn't release a working product while the bonus items were available. I really wanted the bonus items but 20$ off for 3 missing items is a compromise I can live with. Not like I would really make Melinda stand around running a vendor cart anyway LoL. I like the fruit basket but there is a mod for that if need be. Happy simming ya'll!
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited January 22
    lucombre wrote: »
    I didn’t really have too many problems with Growing together or Horse Ranch, nothing game breaking anyway. For Rent was a bit different story. They may have rushed it out a bit too early for Christmas sales.

With Growing Together the milestones bug meant that I couldn’t really enjoy one of the main features of the pack for over 8 months, which is pretty unacceptable - but at least it didn’t corrupt my save 🤦🏻‍♀️[/quote]

See, corrupting my 2014 save is what I’m most worried about with For rent. I just went ahead and played without aging babies to infants for awhile -after growing together came out.as I was having fun with the horse ranch, and then I went ahead and had the Beheeda’s age their baby up to infant and played them the last couple months before they fixed milestones. But I play with aging off most of the time, so it was more of an inconvenience for me, than actually completely game breakjng. Not being able to change a Residential Rental lot to Residential or another type however , does worry me about corrupting a save, as others have said it has corrupted theirs.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I didn't end up buying it. It's one I do think I'll eventually want, but I'm just not playing often enough to justify the expense. Plus the bugs scare me too.

Being a grandma has really changed my life since I'm the babysitter. Once she's older, I'm sure I'll get back to gaming. Unless there's more grandkids by then!

I know I could play on days she isn't here, but I think I'm in a gaming slump right now. I've been reading a lot though!
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    I will not buy it.
    Zero interest in it, not even in a sale. It's just yet another boring real life thing that could have been a stuff pack. We need more exciting expansion packs.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I did buy it, unfortunately. :'( I warned my daughter not to get the pack yet considering the new apartments don't work & the beautiful Tomarang world is way too glitchy. :( However, the CAS & Objects are great. :p