Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy Sims For Rent?

Will you buy Sims For Rent? 285 votes

I have/will preorder(ed) the pack.
22%
BluegayleGoldmoldarFaeCatLadylori171957bandit5alan650111davidp0418AlexaiMartinvrudolphaSimburianULIBABA66StrangerthanNyxLunaStaraeval99maggiemae8135BoergeAarg61friendlysimmerscchant86shygirl 63 votes
I will buy it early enough for the bonus items.
36%
Akl500Pcrocobauraauroraael14CK213bshag4lvNh6650Kita5399GalacticGalIcewolfYunaMichelleWNighteyesIceyJCabelle1863Monet11danacnbrettMonaSolstraaleSimpatsyannsimlish1SimMommy05 104 votes
I will wait, perhaps for a sale
21%
Frn0731alexspoom13SimmervilleShanney139Colorist40lisamwittZhakiraPGoodywoodPlayerSinger2010suetoopimhappySablesashayesme88Anmirlahof1971bluzkat65monjr8302BariSaxytaydevddsims3world 61 votes
It's complicated.
14%
BreeSashaMstybl95WrenrymcruddelanorbretonhaneulCynnasimgirl1010SavorySageg01denswanfruitsbasket101sclevenger08Serendipity38Ravager619APottsstormycurlscynciesillyangel0906EnkiSchmidtgarapoes 42 votes
I will not buy it.
5%
RiziffyoveronrhaliusMariefoxprice83BluelleiamnewgeekbluelightingLlandros2012DominicLaurenceThriorNightwalkerArkanispvrescue1ThornwillowRapidRabidRabbitRob1992 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    It's complicated.
    If it actually has enough content for an EP and is not too bugged or gets patched quickly, I might buy it in time to get the bonus items. If it doesn’t have enough content for a GP, I’ll wait for a sale. If it comes out bugged and never really gets fixed (e.g., MWS), I might never buy it. But I’m really hoping for the first thing!
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

I already pre ordered. The world is just too beautiful and I love the build/buy so much.
    Since I'm a builder/story teller the apartment stuff is not very interesting for me but the rest is so worth buying 😍
    2f9faf2234e60f9d5aa55f6a4401c59c831519a2.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    It's complicated.
    One day mayhaps
    but I'm still unfortunately too broke to upgrade my computer
    so I can't really keep adding packs before i get that sorted 🫠

Breaks my heart all these limited items I can't have
    but oh well nothing I can do about it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    It's complicated.
    It depends. The gameplay isn’t something I want, but if the price is right on a sale, I would get it to have a new world and for the BB and CAS. I’m mostly looking forward to the goth CaS and the castle BB kits, which is odd, because I don’t usually buy kits.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I'll probably end up getting it the day of release/a couple days after. Rationally, I know I -should- wait till lilsimsie and Plumbella have their reviews out, and I might if the quality becomes...questionable...but as is, I gotta kill some sims with mold asap lol
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    Already pre-ordered it. 😁
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,885 Member
    edited November 2023
    It's complicated.
    Not really complicated but none of the other choices fit. 😄
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,097 Member
    I actually might purchase it for myself for Christmas without a sale, but you didn't have that as an option. I've been wanting to be able to build apartments for years.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    Yes most likely. The theme could improve so many aspects of the already existing worlds and I just like it for storytelling purposes. I'll wait one or two days for reviews and answers to precise questions I have with the gameplay that haven't been answered in either blog posts or through Sim gurus tweets yet.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Also need to see what's in it as have yet to see what the actual contents are. Also want to check any reviews and the usual what the grief and disappointment levels are. EA has a habit of looks great in trailer, but the reality is less than wonderful.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes I plan on pre ordering and downloading on Day 1.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yup. I want the Dragon Statue, Buildable Apartments/Duplexes & the new World Tomarang. :p;)
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    It's complicated.
    I'll wait for the reviews to come in. If it ends up being close to how I imagine I'll get it early enough for the bonus content.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    Though I’m not sure. I’m quite tempted by the limited time additions, although I feel that would just be giving in to EA’s clever marketing strategy so I don’t really want to. I wish they would put all these limited time extras into a kit or something that we could buy at a later date, rather than being locked out of them for ever. I had planned to get other packs during the coming sales, but it’s just possible I’ll get this instead.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    edited November 2023
    I will buy it close after release, probably within one week. But I won't preorder. I did that once for werewolves to show my appreciation for the theme of that pack. The way werewolves was shoved aside for the release of high school years left such a bitter taste in my mouth, I don't see why I should bother to pre order again. Besides pre ordering is pretty pointless if I won't be able to play on the day of release anyway. I only have one or two days a week to play and those are rarely on the actual release date.

I probably will be in time for the bonus items but I actually don't want them. They don't look interesting.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I'm keeping an eye out for some specific details - max number of sims living on the lot, max number of households living on the lot, whether separate buildings can be made into subunits - because some of those things could alter my opinion of the pack.

If the things I mentioned above all work the way I'd like them to, then it's a pack I will probably want sooner than later. I've been wanting to move a specific family into an actual functioning trailer park for a long time. Outside of that, I can see multi-family dwellings dramatically altering my gameplay options.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,676 Member
    I will get it eventually. The reason I chose "on sale" is not because it's not worth he full price, but because I already got 3(?) packs this year and I'm not done yet with implementing them to my game. I always create backstories for both sims and lots, and a lot more, and each new world must also be integrated with my online community pages etc. I got San Sequoia and Chestnut Ridge nearly at the same time, and I might get Copperdale before getting Tomarang. So, I assume I'll grab For Rent sometime in Spring 2024 - sale or not. (and who am I fooling...?)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,466 Member
    I preordered it, mainly because it will feel as though someone very nice bought it for me as a present - on release day!
    Can’t argue with that. It’s reassuring to know that there are still good, generous people in this world. 💚
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited November 2023
    I will not buy it.
    I don't think my PC can handle much more sims content so I would have to really want it. I haven't got the horse pack yet, which I am more Interested in. I'm kind of holding out for dragons.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    It's complicated.
    It's super complicated. First of all, I would not like to buy any content before the milestones bug is fixed. But I kinda want the bonus items so that could tempt me. Second, my rule is not to buy new content unless I'm already enjoying my game. I've been trying to get back into it, but I'm not currently playing the livemode. But I've also planned some things which would hugely benefit from having For Rent pack. I think at the moment the answer is no, but if I get back into playing that may change my mind.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    I'm interested in this pack, but as usual, I am going to wait at least a couple weeks after release to see what the bug reports are like.
    I'm not interested in buying broken stuff.

(I'm still waiting for them to fix the milestones bug before I buy Growing Together)

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I have a birthday at the end of November. This will probably be a "me to me" present. :)
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    It's complicated.
    This choice suits me pretty well.

I do feel slightly more interested in the pack than horse ranch (which I still haven't bought). But I am mostly interested in it because I would like to try and build apartments, I like the setting and I would like to have a pack to play over the holidays.

But I'm not sure if playing a landlord or playing or encountering sims snooping on each other and breaking and entering into places will be fun.

If I can't control the sims who live in these different apartments either then I worry that they will not be able to take care of their needs (like the roommates in the dorms in Discover University).
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    It's complicated.
    Like I'm usually a wait-until-sale sort of person but I can NOT empathize how much playing as a landlord is like an anti-fantasy for me right now. It's at the very bottom of my purchases list.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!