Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy Sims For Rent?

Comments

• Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I have/will preorder(ed) the pack.
    In Sims 3 I enjoyed building apartments and duplexes for my sims just starting out. I usually have a plan as to which sims will marry, so it's a great way to get relationships started. I already have duplexes and apartments I had built years ago, so it will be nice to be able to change them into real apartments with privacy for each one. Right now my sims treat the apartments as one household, so looking forward to this pack! It is definitely on my buy list and plan to pre-order it soon.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    It's complicated.
    I'm not that excited for it, it feels like City Living refresh.
    I just had a difficult surgery and I have to pay for hospital care, so I don't want to pay for something I'm not interested of. I'm still not sure what I'll do, I have to see the live stream first. :|
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    I will wait, perhaps for a sale
    Like all new things, I let it settle in until "new release" imperfections get addressed.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I will buy it early enough for the bonus items.
    Oh, definitely. I really want some active apartment buildings all over Sim Nation! I have groups of friends living together because there's not enough space for them to be neighbors. I loved doing that in Sims 2, having Sims who went to University together get their first apartments close to each other so that they could maintain their relationships/friendships. It's much easier for my play style, which is not only rotational, but sort of also a colonist and generational player as well. It's a lot of work to maintain a populace this way, but apartments are the missing link to my old play style. Now, if I can just figure out how to get the hang of playing Uni rotationally without disrupting Sim grades, and figure out a good blind dating method without a mod, I'll have something very close to my old Sims 2 flow back, which pleases me greatly. :grin:
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    I will not buy it.
    I already have City Living for apartments and don't care much for the new gameplay this pack has, so I'm just not interested.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I just had a difficult surgery
    I hope you're doing well, @Kimmer

I was going to buy this for myself for my birthday/Christmas, but last night my awesome grandnephew called to excitedly tell me he's going to get me the pack for Christmas. What a sweet kid :bawling: I was going to wait to buy it for a few days or a week to wait for mods to be updated and make sure the pack wasn't too broken, but I'll definitely take a gift! I might just not install it right away. :wink:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Yeah, I will buy it. Unless the reviews are in the "Wedding Stories" category. I really loved Sims 2 apartments. This could be just wonderful, and I hope it is. I've already started working overtime for Christmas gifts buying. I always buy myself something. This will probably count for that. Merry early Christmas to me.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited November 2023
    @LiELF
    LiELF wrote: »
    Oh, definitely. I really want some active apartment buildings all over Sim Nation! I have groups of friends living together because there's not enough space for them to be neighbors. I loved doing that in Sims 2, having Sims who went to University together get their first apartments close to each other so that they could maintain their relationships/friendships. It's much easier for my play style, which is not only rotational, but sort of also a colonist and generational player as well. It's a lot of work to maintain a populace this way, but apartments are the missing link to my old play style.

That sounds really fun :)
    Now, if I can just figure out how to get the hang of playing Uni rotationally without disrupting Sim grades
    Use a one-week rotation and rotate away from the students before 6pm on the last day of the term when grades come in!
    They will still receive their grades (though you won't see them) and you won't be prompted to re-enroll until the next time you rotate back.
    (You can always look at their career panel to see their overall GPA, but if you want to see the grades for each class, there's always the ol' save without exiting trick...)
    and figure out a good blind dating method without a mod, I'll have something very close to my old Sims 2 flow back, which pleases me greatly. :grin:
    I kinda like visiting events that generate random townies... though that's more of a "quietly observe until you see someone you might want to talk to" method, not a "blind dating method", I guess it depends on your style

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    @LiELF
    LiELF wrote: »
    Oh, definitely. I really want some active apartment buildings all over Sim Nation! I have groups of friends living together because there's not enough space for them to be neighbors. I loved doing that in Sims 2, having Sims who went to University together get their first apartments close to each other so that they could maintain their relationships/friendships. It's much easier for my play style, which is not only rotational, but sort of also a colonist and generational player as well. It's a lot of work to maintain a populace this way, but apartments are the missing link to my old play style.

That sounds really fun :)
    Now, if I can just figure out how to get the hang of playing Uni rotationally without disrupting Sim grades
    Use a one-week rotation and rotate away from the students before 6pm on the last day of the term when grades come in!
    They will still receive their grades (though you won't see them) and you won't be prompted to re-enroll until the next time you rotate back.
    (You can always look at their career panel to see their overall GPA, but if you want to see the grades for each class, there's always the ol' save without exiting trick...)
    and figure out a good blind dating method without a mod, I'll have something very close to my old Sims 2 flow back, which pleases me greatly. :grin:
    I kinda like visiting events that generate random townies... though that's more of a "quietly observe until you see someone you might want to talk to" method, not a "blind dating method", I guess it depends on your style

@mightysprite Thank you for the advice! Especially the Uni suggestions, I think you've told me that before but I forgot. I'll have to write it down this time on a sticky note and slap it on my monitor, lol. Do you think more than one week could be skipped with that method? Sometimes I get caught up with a household and could miss it. Also, when I go back to the Uni household, is it at the same time I left or after 6pm?

For blind dating, I used to use the Matchmaker all the time in Sims 2. I loved how she would just summon your date out of the sky and they'd land flat out on the sidewalk and the date would begin, lol. I've always wished that the Romance Gurus at the festival did the same things as the Matchmaker. They don't do much of anything, unfortunately. I'll probably look into getting LittleMsSam's Simda mod again.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited November 2023
    I'll buy it early, not because of the bonus items. Since I just restarted not long ago, I want to be able to start using duplexes and apartments right away.

This will be especially helpful in the smaller worlds. Now if we could just have multifunctional lots!
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    I have pre-ordered it already. I think it’s the fact that you can have one of your tenants break in to one of your other tenants property. I’m just hoping this could be burglars coming back to the game 😂 also the fact that you can be a landlord of multiple properties. The new death is good as well I mean I thought the sims would never have made a death that actually can happen in real life 😊
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    It's complicated.
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I just had a difficult surgery
    I hope you're doing well, @Kimmer
    @FatTribble23 Thanks, I'm doing fine, I'm just immobile for some time and I can't sit, so I can't play Sims now. I'm having some serious withdrawal symptoms already. :p
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I haven't seen the bonus items yet, but what I see, I like. It could add quiet a bit to the game as far as putting several families in one lot, a vampire lot, or maybe some dating options. I may preorder, Idk yet, but will definitely get it.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Easy decision for me. Just the ability to create duplexes is enough to expand my games and storylines immensely. I actually have several row house, townhouse, trailer park, and wagon caravans that have to be played as one family and it'll be nice to divide those spots up into various families(tenants). Of all of the 'expansion' packs we've gotten, this one expands all worlds exponentially.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    When it goes on sale and is priced like a GP maybe. I like what it adds, but it doesn't add enough to justify its base price. Also, I'm in the process of moving and I just don't have spending money anymore.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I preordered it, mainly because it will feel as though someone very nice bought it for me as a present - on release day!
    Can’t argue with that. It’s reassuring to know that there are still good, generous people in this world. 💚

Oh gosh. Me too! I mean obviously "someone good and generous" preordered it for me as a late birthday present. Psst: I think that same person ordered me something for christmas as well. I feel so good inside. <3o:)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Waiting for a nice big sale. This amount of realism is boring. 🥱🥱🥱
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Waiting for a nice big sale. This amount of realism is boring. 🥱🥱🥱

Realism? I plan on creating multi family homes for spellcasters, werewolves and vampires ;) I already stared to prepare a lot in Glimmerbrook.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited November 2023
    It's complicated.
    Unlike Horse Ranch, it's not a "must-have". Thus, I will, most definitely, wait for a sale. That is, unless something totally wows me, or allows me to ditch a mod.

However, here's what it comes down to for me:

WORLD SIZE. Tired of worlds that look big, but have few lots and a ton of set dressing. Seems like we're never getting another Windenburg. I think the reason a lot of stuff gets nerfed is that they want to ensure the game runs well on obsolete consoles and desktops.

While I'm sure that the maximum household size of eight will not be changed, I'm hoping for the ability to have a ton of Sims on one lot. I plan to use the apartments my Sim owns as a temporary space for Sims I need to build lots for, as well as finally finish getting around to making their horses. It should save me from having to waste a bunch of lots.

I am hoping the water heater and fusebox/breaker box will have the ability to be used on any lot. Unlike things like the HVAC condensers (which are mostly decorative, but you could say have a function if you have a thermostat installed) and light switches, it seems like these do have a function.

I've got mixed feelings on the "breaking and entering" thingy. So far, it's not confirmed to be a return of burglars, and I'm betting it's limited to just the apartments.

Crosspack:

Allowing both commercial and residential spaces if we have Get to Work.

Allowing us to completely change and rebuild existing apartments/dorms from the ground up in San Myshuno, Britechester, and Evergreen Harbor. AKA--no more shell bases.
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    It's complicated.
    I'm very interested of this pack and I definitely want to get it, but for me this "it's complicated" situation is because I need to upgrade my computer (there needs to be added more RAM to it) and I can't do that yet, so I must wait before buying more these bigger packs. But as I said, I definitely look forward getting this pack! :blush:
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Between this and "It's complicated"

Depends on pre-pack patch. If major bugs I wait... If fixes I really want, I update, and then may as well buy at release.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I plan on at least making the purchase, but as to whether I install it right away depends on if I get my expected gaming rig any time soon. I'm so afraid of jamming up my little laptop so that I can't play the game at all, I would have to have my hubby look into my RAM and whatever else is required to play a game. I know I've still got loads of space. But the loading time for the game has gotten terribly slow. Sometimes I try to read a chapter in a book while I wait. I'm so very spoiled that previously, it would load in just seconds. But I'm also hoping we'll be able to build our own apartments. I have a fond remembrance of building a castle and then dividing it up into units in Sims2. I've also toyed with the notion of my Sim's identical twin daughters owning an apartment, where they may live while they manage the place. Just toying, mind you. With two Sims in the household having active careers, I dare not leave this lot for any length of time, lest they slowly lose their star-status.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    It's complicated.
    I love City Living and my favorite lot is the one with four appartments in it, so this wo9uld be a given for me. But I would like to look behind EA*s hype and see more of what this pack really offers. Also it is the bugs, how much did they have to dig into the different key features of the game to create this. This can be "My wedding stories 2" where they expected Sims to stand still in what would be several Sim hours to watch a ceremony. A Sim can't even watch a movie with out picking up the phone or get into a conversation with Sim sitting next.
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    It's complicated.
    I normally always buy every pack at least early enough to get the bonus content, even if I'm not super excited(Growing Together, is a good example here, I was like okay this looks good, not my cup of tea but it looks good, and I bought it before the bonus was up) but this one is very meh to me. Like I actually keep forgetting it's coming.

I like the idea of being able to play multiple families on one lot, I am a rotational player and used to love this feature in Sims 2 so excited about that but that's where it all ends, nothing else is exciting to me. The world doesn't even look new to me.

So this might be my first ever "Wait until a sale" but if I get back into playing before the sale I might go ahead and pick it up..... sooo ya, complicated.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    It's complicated.
    I buy everything, but this is the first pack I have zero enthusiasm for. Maybe if I learn more about its features before Release Day I'll change my mind.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee