The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

KRAFTON's inZOI Life Simulation Game vs. Sims 5 (Rene)

Comments

• Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    Well this one's a pass for me. Too realistic. The characters, the world. It's like filming a movie in present day. None of the brightness, vibrancy, lightheartedness, charm, absurdity of the Sims' games.

The reviewer also mentioned that the company had to send most of the reviewers computers because the game was so demanding. That might be a problem for a lot of simmers.

Looks good for those who are ready for something new and are ok with those type of graphics and realism but I see this as more competition for LBY than The Sims.

Wow they had to be sent computers??!! 👀👀
    Truly makes me wonder what kind of a beast is needed to play this 😅

There is some misinformation on this thread. I will clarify.

FYI @simgirl1010 @Babykittyjade @MarteziaKing The game is currently NOT optimized. So the Sim influencers who were given a temporary review copy were also gifted a top gaming computer to be able to run the non-optimized game. Once the game is optimized for release, it will be able to support a wider range of specs (that is the point of the optimization).

Oh okay, thanks for clarifying this! 👍
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,309 Member
    @simmerorigin thanks for the clarification. I'm sure that'll put some minds at ease.
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 722 Member
    the livestream from acottensock was amusing, her in game husband was being stolen from her by sum red haired female zoi, so she went and gave the red haired female zoi a punch in the face. Seems the game has sum drama already happening. lol!
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,281 Member
    Some people sound like representatives or employees
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,477 Member
    Some people sound like representatives or employees

Are you accusing me of sounding like a Krafton employee just because I wanted to share the correct information?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,346 Member
    I hope someone makes a medieval themed life sim, would be very cool if they did. :P

Yeah, I would love to see a medieval life sim in the same nature as The Sims, more so, a fantasy renderition.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 863 Member
    edited November 2023
    rjssim wrote: »
    I hope someone makes a medieval themed life sim, would be very cool if they did. :P

Yeah, I would love to see a medieval life sim in the same nature as The Sims, more so, a fantasy renderition.

Omg, this. I really wanted a The Sims Medieval 2 but I think those hopes are long gone lol. I want to create whatever story i want in medieval times, like be a forest witch with a potions shop , or a bard at the pub, or a pub owner, or a blacksmith, or the royalty themselves. So many ways it could go. Also jousting tournaments, and sword fights like TSM had :D
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 722 Member
    edited November 2023
    rjssim wrote: »

a medieval fantasy life sim interests me, I would then add all of the cast characters from ever final fantasy game, zelda game and fire emblem game into it and see what FUN will happen on it. If they were to do that, I recommend them adding in monsters like dragons, behemoths, goblins, orcs. etc as well. Also some crazy magic so I can have villains like Ganon, Sephiroth and Kefka to cause some chaos in it. :P

Also I wouldn't mind playing a life sim that looks very 2D anime looking, if Japan were to try and make a anime sims like life sim, I would be hyped. :P

I can imagine if square enix were to build a medieval fantasy sims like life sim, it would have ALOT of final fantasy and I would be HOOKED ON IT!

I also thought about a Dragon ball Z themed sims like life sim, that would ALSO be wild cause each world would be a planet and there would be all kinda of drama happening, including people like frieza blowing up those worlds because why not? he is evil as fluff after all. XD
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    CharlieBleuCharlieBleu Posts: 177 Member
    I love the graphics, and the game looks very good right now. With all of the life sim games out there they could lose their place as the only life sim. Sims 5/ Project Rene better deliver more than EA has been.
    Feel free to add me to your Sims 3 friend list! I'm DMCharlie2017
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,434 Member
    edited November 2023
    As a Simmer of Asian descent, the one thing inZOI has going for it is that it’ll make us Asians look like Asians. 🤣 I wasn’t too pleased with how my Asian sims looked like in Sims 3 w/no cc. It’s thanks to skin creators that I was able to make my Sim look halfway decently Asian.

Asian game creators, means they’ll do a good job on Asian characters in inZOI.

I do like the realistic game graphics. I’m sorry, but I don’t get the hoopla over “uncanny valley”. I know perfectly well, I’m playing a game, and it doesn’t disturb me if disasters happen to the NPC characters.

Yeah, maybe I should ask my psych about that. 🤣 😈 .

@CK213 - not only the look of the Cims, but their over-all stiffness of the animations in LBY, I don’t feel the character like I do in the Sims 3.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,653 Member
    Really like the realistic looking graphics and how real the zoi's look.

Awesome that pets and weather included in the base game.

Like the color wheel for customization.

Like that work is not a rabbit hole. Would like to see school not being a rabbit hole.

Like ability to live in places all around the world.

Hope transportation choices will include cars, bikes, etc.

Good first impression. Inzoi could be a serious contender in life simulation games. B)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,043 Member
    Looked at a couple more in Zoi videos. Graphics are definitely stunning. What am concerned about is gameplay. So far it looks like get up, go to work, come home, go to bed, repeat. With occasional breaks for eating and the loo. That and as others have noted social advancement is way too fast and easy. It also seems centered on living in a city. What about one's own house in suburban or rural settings? Skills and hobbies? Memories? Could go on but you get the idea. Takes more than pretty to make a good game.
  • Options
    Diamondback7TCDiamondback7TC Posts: 20 Member
    Sims is experienced, so I'm picking Sims 5.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 863 Member
    Rod Humble who used to work on the previous The Sims games, who is now the head of the LBY game, is also very experienced in this genre.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,043 Member
    Am keeping my options open and powder dry. All the contenders have their good points and their not so good ones. Time to wait patiently. And be thankful I have an old XP machine and full stashes of TS1 & TS2 disks. TS3 ones, too.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Those graphics there are freakishly realistic. Not a fan of how this one looks either.

Man, I might be out of the life sim genre with TS4. Oh well.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,281 Member
    The Sims forever! I love The Sims! Yay!
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    edited February 15
    Important update:

ij1ajewdxfqu.jpeg
    q72kz9zknhv5.jpeg
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 580 Member
    edited February 16
    Those graphics there are freakishly realistic. Not a fan of how this one looks either.
    @PlayerSinger2010 To me, they look fine when they're in the character creation mode, and they're just being still with a vacant expression. My problem is when you get to game play. They go tumbling down uncanny valley really fast. The animations and facial expressions are jarring and creepy because of how stiff and unnatural they are. Maybe it's because I've seen too many scifi shows, but if I were playing inZOI I would feel like I was in a world of androids trying to trick me into thinking they were human for some villainous purpose.

In the Sims 4, the animations and expressions aren't perfectly true to life, but it's not creepy because the overall art style is more 3D cartoon.

-No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    I also care about the gameplay the most. I'm concerned that the biggest wow factor is going to be the graphics and world. But gameplay will be underbaked.
  • Options
    edited February 18
    5char
    IFqZTzz.png
    xCTURgC.png

• Options
    edited February 18
  • Options
    edited March 5
    Brand new interview about INZOI. Captions in English are available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJWFlUB4II

They talk about a lot, including
    • The developer's experience making RPG's and how it helps in making a new simulation game
    • How easy it was for the developers to make an open world city for inZOI given previous game experience
    • The process of finding influencers to playtest the game, and reactions to skepticism about the game actually being real
    • Competing with the Sims's monopoly, and how they hope to differentiate inZOI
    • Desire to publish tools for creating user-generated content that fills a large catalog, driving user engagement
    • Eastern vs Western cultural differences with The Sims's and inZOI's appeal
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
  • Options
    edited March 5
    A second episode of the interview

https://youtu.be/-z1wYyd3m_M?si=A1FrvlZyAc9-_DYJ
    • City customization tools
    • inZOI being inspired by both The Sims and SimCity
    • Adding variety to the conversation system so that it is context-dependent
    • Recruiting new talent for inZOI
    • American "Bliss Bay" city map based on the west coast that will be more sprawled out and feature different modes of transportation
    • Desire for city depth over have many empty cities
    • 50 to 60 developers currently working on inZOI
  • Options
    SatchOnSims - "We have new information about InZOI (new upcoming life sim)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdqe89wWzzQ

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top