May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

KRAFTON's inZOI Life Simulation Game vs. Sims 5 (Rene)

simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,474 Member
edited February 16 in Nominated Threads
Yet another life simulation game in the works. Take a look.

Krafton is a South Korean video game publisher behind popular games such as PUBG and Subnautica. They engaged with several Sims content creators to get exclusive access to their new game, inZOI, which has only been in development for 1 year (!!).

What do you think? I was immediately struck by the realism of the graphics. Very different from the stylized Sims art. The world is gorgeous.

FAQs
When will the game come out?
The development team is working towards a release date of 'late 2024'
What engine was used to build the game?
Unreal Engine 5
What platforms will the game be on?
It will initially be released on PC and is later expected to be on consoles like the PS5 and Xbox
How much will the game cost? Will there be expansion packs?
The monetization model is currently undecided, including the plan for expansion packs and DLCs
Will the game be multiplayer?*
They are currently working on various multiplayer features, such as the ability to meet up with other online players or invite them over to your home
*the game is still in development so all answers are subject to change!

Official Gameplay Demo
https://youtu.be/YDDug3K3Uts?si=jkcbiyvNxEY3znSI

Emma Nicole Video
https://youtu.be/s4QNSoV7ync?si=YRS4nBn2diu-3z_o

EnglishSimmer Video
https://youtu.be/hOI9f5FvQmU?si=yq1WXbcxLXbf4bS_

ACottonSock Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_sX6MCPSCQ

RachelPedd Video
https://youtu.be/J9Sre5LoF9k?si=wU4VglQFfvAdsS1t
He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2023
    The active firefighting career shown in the second video (21:05) blew me away! The tasks, the environment, and the coworkers all come together to make it feel alive. What Sims 3 ambitions could be in 2023!
    o66mehq8odgg.png
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,270 Member
    edited November 2023
    Yep, the sims are doom.Now life by you looks to be in trouble too.
  • Options
    Honestly,I like thie look at this game.I probably buy it when it comes out.
  • Options
    inZOI is realistic graphics done right without looking uncanny…
  • Options
    inZOI is realistic graphics done right without looking uncanny…

Life by you should take notes.
  • Options
    I am impressed what they got done.Open didtricts,apartments,jobs,pets,ages.All the basic ages .
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 722 Member
    the dude getting punched part kinda made me nervous but yea..
    I hope I don't see that with opposite genders though... >.>
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    There are cutscenes like in Sims 2!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    That was my favorite part the Sims has got way too childish I miss the drama and fights of Sims 2 that happened naturally with game play.

This game actually looks pretty good though at this time not for me. Hopefully they make an American style world and one that is not just a city but has neighborhoods outside of it. Also the clothing selection is very Korean centric and face templates need more variety even when they changed the skintone in that last video the character looked Korean there needs to be more template options especially since there seems to be no sliders I imagine with limited face options your town going to quickly have duplicates walking around.

This will be a game to watch for sure though I'm not sold yet crazy they did all of this in a year.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    That was my favorite part the Sims has got way too childish I miss the drama and fights of Sims 2 that happened naturally with game play.

This game actually looks pretty good though at this time not for me. Hopefully they make an American style world and one that is not just a city but has neighborhoods outside of it. Also the clothing selection is very Korean centric and face templates need more variety even when they changed the skintone in that last video the character looked Korean there needs to be more template options especially since there seems to be no sliders I imagine with limited face options your town going to quickly have duplicates walking around.

This will be a game to watch for sure though I'm not sold yet crazy they did all of this in a year.

Agreed. Although all of the reviewers desired more conflict and challenge - they said with core features such as the relationship system, it was way too easy to become friends and marry in a day, or become mortal enemies, without any pushback or acknowledgment of the ZOI's traits.

I'm concerned about inZOI, as with Project Rene, becoming a "movie-making tool" in which you can play director. This is not what I enjoy about life simulation games and is a major criticism I have of TS4.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I thought I saw a sort of push pull/drag option on the characters in the creator or was that just sliders?

Cause I'm pretty sure that EA pattened the push/pull function, which is why Paralives had to re-do their CAP process. Will be interesting to see what happens.
  • Options
    I thought I saw a sort of push pull/drag option on the characters in the creator or was that just sliders?

Cause I'm pretty sure that EA pattened the push/pull function, which is why Paralives had to re-do their CAP process. Will be interesting to see what happens.

I don't think you can Patton a function?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,742 Member
    edited November 2023
    This looks like a direction of what I wanted project Rene and The Sims to go for.

More realism, more detail, making use of what other games are doing and not leaving anything up to the imagination with lazy rabbit holes.

Njdz5Cj.png

The Korean style which look similar to what you can see in other Korean games is a huge plus for me because I think that art style is gorgeous, they might look almost "too" perfect which can come across as a bit stiff and them lacking personality but I would rather have this than the lack of detail that our sims have in the sims4. Clothes and hair looks so much better with high resolution textures than the poor quality textures that we get in the sims4.

The lightning and details of the environment which makes everything look much more real and modern really appeals to me too.

Z82HsOG.png

• Options

So your saying a dude punching a chick in the face is cool?
    Also sims 2 never had physical violence aka punching people.
    I'm fine with the drama/ fights, but not when they get too violent with it.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    I hoping we will alesst get cities all over the world.
  • Options

Also sims 2 never had physical violence aka punching people.
    I'm fine with the drama/ fights, but not when they get too violent with it.

I don't think anyone punching anyone is cool.Some people like having realistic violence.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

I think it's because US Patents can't be enforced internationally, and this game is made in Seoul, South Korea.
    Paralives is developed in Montreal so I'm not exactly sure.
  • Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member

I'll leave this here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBz-8L492VI

;-p
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This game is not a scam I guess then. Definitely seems real and people are play testing it. Still, we don't know enough about project rene to compare anything so there's not much I can say in that regard.
    Will always support the sims so sims 5 will still be on my to buy list unless there is something about it I really dislike once it finally comes.
    This game looks amazing and I love how they went alpha instead of cartoony.
    Love Korea so I'd definitely buy this if it ever releases but it wouldn't replace the sims.
    I would play both if I enjoy it.
    Compared to any other life sim that has popped up so far this is the only one that has my attention in terms of what I like to see, and I will keep an eye on it 👁👄👁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2023
    HOLY- That's one beautiful game and the very realistic interactions (I don't like punching anyone unless it's self-defense), active careers, and base game weather is just...wow. I might be an occult player, but this game made me changed my mind about how I feel when it comes to realism. To be honest, this game makes Paralives, Life by You, Vivaland, and yes, even The Sims, look weak in comparison. I'm still sticking with Maxis, but this game right here has potential and might become one of the most popular life simulations out there. Who knows, maybe it'll take The Sims' place as the reigning king of life simulations, but we'll have to see if it lives up to what it's hyping. In summary, I might buy this work of art once it releases. 😍✨😍
    Post edited by MarteziaKing on
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 553 Member
    Wow. That's a pretty robust trailer to capture the imagination of potential players, and the kind of thing I've wanted to see out of other life sim games on the horizon.

There's some stuff I'd hope for - somewhere to live other than a city, more variety in faces (assuming they were going for a white blond woman, she just looked like a Korean woman with contact lenses in), improving some of the animations, more clutter for the interior locations. The interior lighting is gorgeous, and the weather looks pretty good. I wonder how well it will run when there are more characters populating the world?

Overall it's an impressive trailer and something I'll keep an eye on. I wonder how moddable it will be...
  • Options
    Wait till rockstar decides to make a life sim oh god it's going to be WILD!
    I hope someone makes a medieval themed life sim, would be very cool if they did. :P
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

Here's a link to the US Patent EA filed
    https://patents.google.com/patent/US10275947B2/en

But, doing a Google search to see if US Patents are in effect in other countries, stated that they are not. Because this game is being developed/produced in South Korea (I think that's what I read), it wouldn't effect them.

But, I'm not sure if it would effect them if they were planning to also market the game to USA players.

• Options

Here's a link to the US Patent EA filed
    https://patents.google.com/patent/US10275947B2/en

But, doing a Google search to see if US Patents are in effect in other countries, stated that they are not. Because this game is being developed/produced in South Korea (I think that's what I read), it wouldn't effect them.

But, I'm not sure if it would effect them if they were planning to also market the game to USA players.

Well thete are planing to released it yo the usa.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,545 Member
    The more, the merrier.
    I just hope it drives Life By You to improve the look of their humans.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top