Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

9 years ! And now ? What future would you like for The Sims 4 ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
edited September 2023 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Post edited by EA_Cade on

9 years ! And now ? What future would you like for The Sims 4 ? 88 votes

No future, it's time to move to the next generation (Project Rene, Life By You, Paralives, …)
22%
rhaliusCynnaMoon_WillowNinoosimsparkietothemaxTenchi2aSweetieWright_84Renato10ChadSims2Lenny_OggCeridwenHayleeSimsOceancatLady_BalloraHolidayUniqueKhaosNate_Whiplash1SnowBnuuyTempest329bubbletoz 20 votes
One year of content
27%
rudolphaColorist40TheSpotted_Celanorbretonsimgirl1010IObelleJestTrualanmichael1jcp011c2lemonellapammiechickOldeseadoggemikaAtreya33logionSeashoreLiviaCoconut27IVXXXVIDaWaterRatEllupelluellu 24 votes
Another 5-year cycle
13%
ncisGibbs02KennziKaigeLiELFSheepilingCattyBetsyDaepheneSimmingalcody6268plumboy23EleriThornwillowamydunne 12 votes
5 years and even more
36%
crocobauraLeGardePourpreIcewolfMichelleWdanacnbrettmcruddULIBABA66mystang1972luthienrisinglisasc360blueyblueskyFreddyFox1234becks1112CAPTAIN_NXR7rjssimImSandsSheriSim57Godleyjeansxxxsillysimsmrs_starkey 32 votes

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited September 2023
    No future, it's time to move to the next generation (Project Rene, Life By You, Paralives, …)
    Oh my I wanted 'No Future' for the Sims 4 since before release 👨‍💻
    edit: When I saw the first pics of the Sims 4 in the Sims print magazine and read the the article that was all about their emotions, I knew that this would be a desaster.
    c54eb08a1b941a59f2f31a67eec6f3ad85e21c24.jpg
    Post edited by Lenny_Ogg on
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    I really think EA has pushed TS4 as far as they can take it--in order to get better gameplay, they'll have to move to a new platform like TS5
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    Honestly, I don't know. I'm not interested in any of the other life simulator games listed, but I'm rather indifferent either way if they decide on another 5 years of TS4 or not.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    5 years and even more
    Viva los Sims 4!!🥰😛😎😉
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    One year of content
    Am being practical here. It will be another year before LBY has early release and release for Paralives stretches out into infinity. Hopefully, the picture will be clearer by the time 2024 concludes.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited September 2023
    Another 5-year cycle
    I'm hoping the game continues releasing at least until 2025
    I note its getting performance heavy
    so we probably can't have like infinite amount of packs and infinite amount of years more

but I would welcome 5 more years
    because I will probably stay with ts4 even after Rene comes along
    as rene has yet to really excite me at all
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Another 5-year cycle
    Honestly, I just don't know about Project Rene. I don't feel optimistic about it, no offense to the devs, but the gameplay has changed so much since Sims 2, which was my favorite gameplay, and I don't see the franchise ever going backwards. EA seems to want to go full throttle into trends again with signs of bringing back microtransactions, an "optimistic world perspective", and the "play yourself" focus.

If project Rene went back to The Sims roots with satire, risk, and a little gall, and returned players to the role of The Watcher, I would certainly be more interested.

As for the other two games coming out, well, they just look so...vanilla. Real life, wholesomeness and a whole lot of "normal" just doesn't appeal to me. I want drama, surprises, and some supernatural grit. Otherwise I'll just go live my own life, which is more entertaining. 😝😁

At this point I'll probably just end up playing Baldur's Gate 3 thirteen more times to experience the different paths and outcomes, as that game surprisingly does really well at it's own special brand of fantasy/D&D simulation.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    One year of content
    I'd be satisfied with one more year of content. Hopefully that would include a hotels pack.

I'm not at all interested in any of the other life simulations on the horizon. I just want to continue to enjoy the Sims 4, try out some of the awesome mods that are available, and not have to worry about patches and updates.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    One year of content
    I really think that at some point in the relatively recent past (probably about when they started shifting people over to Project Rene) the remaining Sims team said "Okay, so what's left that the players are really loud about asking for?" and started working towards getting as much of that out before Sims 5/Project Rene drops.

I don't know if that will take one year or five, but I doubt it will take too much longer.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I have no interest in other life sims coming out at the moment and that includes PR.

My thoughts on TS4: meh... They could announce no more content and I wouldn't be heart broken. The number of packs/kits at this point is kind of ridiculous yet we're missing a few popular demands.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    5 years and even more
    I put 5 plus years, there are still quite a few things I would like added to the game that I think will take a long time. (Hotels, Preteens, non-mutual relationships, sim olympics, preschools, follow children (not teens) to school etc.)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    One year of content
    Not interested at all of the competitioners, anymore, I was at first, both for different reasons.

But there are certain mods/tweaks I'd like to try but even me, heavy mod user, am not ready for those, because of patches :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    One year of content
    The game could still do with hotels, fairies and pet dragons. So one EP, one GP and one SP (let's stay hopeful.) But I think for the most part it has run it's course in terms of DLC.

The only thing that makes me hesitant about life by you and paralives is the lack of occults. But otherwise I think it is time for a completely new game.
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    5 years and even more
    I hope that Sims 4 continues.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    5 years and even more
    I'm not really interested by the other games mentioned, including project Renee, so I hope TS4 will continue for some years and hopefully add the content we have been asking for and which is still missing.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    5 years and even more
    This is my heart response. My head says 1 year is probably what we’ll get, and probably about all the game could actually bear. I have no desire to start again with another game, so I intend to continue to play TS4 for years to come.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    5 years and even more
    I welcome TS5, but I would like them to also continue to create new content for TS4 for many more years. I've grown really attached to TS4.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I'm already overwhelmed of all the content that we have on Sims 4 because I feel like I don't have enough time to play. I don't need anything more, I'm okay with what we have, but... it doesn't mean I don't want new stuff & things. I always get excited about new content and I end up finding things that I didn't even know I need.

I'm okay with anything right now. If they decide to move on to Project Rene, fine, if they will do Sims 4 a year or many more, fine too.
    Sims 4 will be the last Sims game for me and I'm not interested of Paralives or any other similar copycat games. I'll play Sims 4 as long as it works on my computer and then I will move on to other things, but as I said, I'm fine with how long Sims 4 has time left. It already has more content than I have time for, so I'm not going to be bored. My computer will give up before I ever do.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2023
    One year of content
    I think The Sims 4 will continue for a couple more years but I don't think I would like for it to continue for 5 more years. I think it's safe to assume that the content that we would get would be similar to what we have gotten for the last couple of years and some packs that they have released have felt more like content packs with gameplay that I have not been interested in.

But I'm not really that much interested in Project Rene either anymore from what I have seen as well so I'm not sure. I'm hoping that they will make content for people like me who are much more interested in the life simulator parts of the sims with deep gameplay and choices.

For a while it felt like The Sims 4 was going that way with SimGuruConor, I really liked the Paranormal Stuff Pack and Dream Home Decorator that he were involved in which had impactful, and customizable gameplay but after that I did not see him anymore, stuff packs disappeared and we saw much more kits and packs with less gameplay.

• Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I’m ready to move on. Things are being half done and bugs are allowed to linger for years (I’m looking at you gardening bug). It’s like they just say “oh well, the modders will fix it” or act like it’s not happening. The kits were a nice edition then tapered off after we were told one a month. Stuff packs disappeared. It’s like they’re grasping at straws to revive a long dead cowplant.

Not to mention ignoring popular requests. “Hey we know you wanted cars but how around a recolored shirt” “oh you want new hairs, sure we’ll just take pack hairs and make them bgc”. “You want fairies, oh how about flammable dust bunnies instead?”

I have been simming since TS1, literally opened the box and bought my copy before I set up the display at work. I am ready to call someone’s mom a llama if they speak one bad word about the franchise but this game has reached its end and they need to let it go. Release whatever is being made and move on. I love this franchise but I’m tired at this point.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    5 years and even more
    I’m ready to move on. Things are being half done and bugs are allowed to linger for years (I’m looking at you gardening bug). It’s like they just say “oh well, the modders will fix it” or act like it’s not happening. The kits were a nice edition then tapered off after we were told one a month. Stuff packs disappeared. It’s like they’re grasping at straws to revive a long dead cowplant.

Not to mention ignoring popular requests. “Hey we know you wanted cars but how around a recolored shirt” “oh you want new hairs, sure we’ll just take pack hairs and make them bgc”. “You want fairies, oh how about flammable dust bunnies instead?”

I have been simming since TS1, literally opened the box and bought my copy before I set up the display at work. I am ready to call someone’s mom a llama if they speak one bad word about the franchise but this game has reached its end and they need to let it go. Release whatever is being made and move on. I love this franchise but I’m tired at this point.

You do realize that these same people are working on whatever comes next and things aren't suddenly going to improve just because it's TS5.
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    5 years and even more
    I want TS4 to keep going on for many years to come. I hate the idea of starting all over again with a base game. I've invested so much time and money into this iteration. I don't want to start again.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    One year of content
    Once new content stops I'll get some mods, as I did in prior sims versions.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    2 or more years.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I'd be glad with anything continuing, other games having a similar base never matter people are gonna enjoy what they want. I have just seen the worse and kept coming back for the best it makes me happy and that is plenty but if they do have a five year plan even just for funding for sims 5 I am all for it.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png