Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life by You vs. Sims 5 (Rene)? Rod Humble and Paradox's Life Simulation Game

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    confuse here how is this related to the sims5 project rene???

It's a comparison thread. However, Unfortunately, EA isn't releasing much information about Project Rene. It's been months since we saw anything about Rene, and it was only building features and or furniture resizing etc. Rod Humble is releasing information about LBY almost daily and answering questions almost daily. I wish EA would be just as involved in letting their potential consumers know something as often.

I would love to read or see something about Project Rene and its progression but Maxis just won't let any info out like that whereas LBY and Paralives are updating us all the time.

To be fair here project renee is probably in much more early access.Than life by you is.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member

It's a comparison thread. However, Unfortunately, EA isn't releasing much information about Project Rene. It's been months since we saw anything about Rene, and it was only building features and or furniture resizing etc. Rod Humble is releasing information about LBY almost daily and answering questions almost daily. I wish EA would be just as involved in letting their potential consumers know something as often.

I would love to read or see something about Project Rene and its progression but Maxis just won't let any info out like that whereas LBY and Paralives are updating us all the time.

To be fair here project renee is probably in much more early access.Than life by you is.

I believe you are right as I believe Renee has a much later date of release. However, that doesn't change the fact that EA has traditionally kept things in the dark for consumers until just before release. LBY is more than a year out from release and yet, they are sharing their ideas and plans for the final product. It's really refreshing to experience this and actively be able to be a part of it by giving input while participating in early release. Something EA has never done before. It's as if EA is trying to keep things secret from the consumer and doesn't really want or care to have my input. To make matters worse, the final product that EA produces is full of bugs, lacks a lot of content for a base game, and just leaves me with the feeling of it being a rushed job. With LBY, I get to participate in early access and give feedback on bugs and my likes and dislikes which is a very different and refreshing approach for me.

Yes, EA does conduct polls and does give us things that we complain about and say that we want. Like the toddler life stage. But it's always after the fact and after we are already unhappy with the product. It would be so much easier to avoid all this consumer unhappiness by just allowing us to be involved with the developmental ideas from the start.

A lot of people have mentioned that weather should be in the base game. I mean weather is a basic reality of everybody's world. EA doesn't want to do that though. They would much rather make us pay for a pack. That's just one of many examples of what is not included in the base game. I know The Sims is a lot more fun to play when the "finished" product is available years after release of the base game. Everybody always complains about not wanting a new version of the Sims, because they know the base game is going to be bare bones and not as enjoyable until many packs (and a lot of bugs and cash) later.

Ok I'm done with my rant. Whew! I wish I felt better, but somehow I don't. :'(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member

Yep. And until such time this is a LBY thread. Most of the comments on Project Renee revolve around how disappointed simmers have been with the game, or EA.

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Instead of telling "Good morning" , just swear :p ... customization true potential ...
    the conversations could become crazy by changing a few words.

Why to write boring conversations when you can make them funny ?

Player : "I'd love to gaze at the stars with you" (Who cares ?) -> "Let's spy the neighbors together !"

NPC : "Oh ! Do you have a telescope ?"
    Don't think I'll be too disappointed if this dialogue editor doesn't make it to Sims 5.

Wait... does this mean dialogue will be in English (or other languages). How many unique phrases could there possibly be? There has to be a limit. Unless you are constantly editing the dialogue, then it becomes a typing game.

There are reasons that Sims speak Simlish and not a real language.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    @luvdasims55
    I can understand your frustration

I think the fact they did told us earlier is a good sign .I think we're going to get more info as time goes on, and the fact they are having players play testing demos is a good sogn

• Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Instead of telling "Good morning" , just swear :p ... customization true potential ...
    the conversations could become crazy by changing a few words.

Why to write boring conversations when you can make them funny ?

Player : "I'd love to gaze at the stars with you" (Who cares ?) -> "Let's spy the neighbors together !"

NPC : "Oh ! Do you have a telescope ?"
    Don't think I'll be too disappointed if this dialogue editor doesn't make it to Sims 5.

Wait... does this mean dialogue will be in English (or other languages). How many unique phrases could there possibly be? There has to be a limit. Unless you are constantly editing the dialogue, then it becomes a typing game.

There are reasons that Sims speak Simlish and not a real language.

They said there are already over 1,000 forms of dialogue for conversation and there might be more added before final release? Not sure. But there’s a conversation editor that they use which they are giving full access to the players to use. I’m hoping they will allow players to create convo packs to download that others may make haha.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    1,000 forms of dialogue? But what does that mean? A form of dialogue is simply the manner in which people are speaking. To each other, in their heads, to the room around them in general... it says nothing of the actual words. Is that the wording they used?

I don't know, maybe they'll surprise me. But, like I said, Simlish exists for a reason. I've listened to my kids and husband play a lot of games with dialogue and it all gets repetitive and obnoxious after awhile. Clearly, they think adding an editor will address this. But I could see this becoming tedious after awhile. Heck, I got irritated with the book system in Sims 2 after only a few uses and started typing gibberish. (When you wrote a book in Sims 2, you typed your own title and description).
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    1,000 forms of dialogue? But what does that mean? A form of dialogue is simply the manner in which people are speaking. To each other, in their heads, to the room around them in general... it says nothing of the actual words. Is that the wording they used?

I don't know, maybe they'll surprise me. But, like I said, Simlish exists for a reason. I've listened to my kids and husband play a lot of games with dialogue and it all gets repetitive and obnoxious after awhile. Clearly, they think adding an editor will address this. But I could see this becoming tedious after awhile. Heck, I got irritated with the book system in Sims 2 after only a few uses and started typing gibberish. (When you wrote a book in Sims 2, you typed your own title and description).

I think he was referring to lines of dialogue. And as far as we've been told there is no actual voice acting or any type of speech, even in a made up language. So while there will be some audio sfx, it's not going to be actual speech. Probably grunts, aahhhh, laughs, growls in anger, etc.

And you don't need to create your own conversations unless you want to. The conversations will have dialogue trees (thousands from what we have been told), so depending on the question or answer you the player chose during a conversation (if you chose to actually engage in the convo to steer it in a certain direction), then the choice you made would determine which dialogue trees open up next.

Conversations are driven by traits, the location the characters are at, the relationships the character's have with each other.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I must have missed Project Renee's Early Access date. LBY early access is only five months away. It's hard for me to imagine TS5 is closer to releasing any access before that date.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

I must have missed Project Renee's Early Access date. LBY early access is only five months away. It's hard for me to imagine TS5 is closer to releasing any access before that date.

I think you misunderstand .Project Renee is still being work on .
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    I'm a little worried about that box thing. I hated how in TS2 was it, every household automatically got a free computer in a box on delivery. I tend to play rags to riches style and it was cheating to use that.

Though the no rabbitholes and active schools / workplaces interests me. I mean, Highschool Years was not very exciting because once you choose to follow a sim to work or school, you're stuck with them until their shift ends. In this system, you can jump between Sims to see what everyone else is doing, and I presume, allow the others to work/study automatically. It depends how the Automatic stuff flows. Do Sims get caught up playing in the employee room and not doing their work when you're not on top of them?
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Oh gosh this is cute Setember can't come fast enough.

Until then I got sims 3, sims 4 and Tiny life to keep me occupy.
    Post edited by Horrorgirl6 on
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Love the individual banks it opens up so many possibilities with roommates and children who won't have access to all their parents money. Also the gym has so much for the males to do and its only base game if they add a pull up bar to the squat rack and a punching bag the gym will be complete for me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Playing Tiny life , it makes me think.Would be good if ea made a revamped version of sims 2 and 1.Before they released project Renee.
  • Options
    Awesome! Love the ability to get rid of people who you don't like! B)
  • Options
    Awesome! Love the ability to get rid of people who you don't like! B)

I going to fill the world with my own townise.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Looks like I would have a lot of options to get the look I'd want. B)

My problem is that I'm terrible with building roofs. Hopefully, they will have an auto roof option. :#
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member

As another has posted earlier, silence promotes distrust, and suspicion goes with it. Can't help but wonder what is being hidden. Is progress so slow that Paralives is speedy by comparison? Are there major problems gumming the works? Issues we can't even imagine? TS4 is nearly double the usual game age, so TS5 should have started development several years ago but the impression one gets from what little has been shared is that real work began relaltively recently, TS4 will be around for ages more, and 5 is a long way distant. Something very odd and unsettling about this. Little wonder Paralives and LBY are attracting such interest.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member

I think you misunderstand .Project Renee is still being work on .

So is LBY. However, it is far enough along to allow player input via general early access. To say, 'much more early access' implies that players would be able to test play it before September. If you meant Rene is earlier in development than LBY, then most definitely agree.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top