Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life by You vs. Sims 5 (Rene)? Rod Humble and Paradox's Life Simulation Game

Comments

• Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    I LOVE that you can assign reception desk jobs!
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Love the open space concept, how it's fully equipped, and the rooftop area with a view of the beach and ocean is awesome! Even a snack area to consume some calories before you burn them off lol. B)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    confuse here how is this related to the sims5 project rene???
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited May 2023

This is a LBY vs. Sims 5 Rene comparison thread where we discuss the differences between the two upcoming life simulation games. For example, LBY just announced that community lots will have a reception desk in which you can assign characters in the town to work at. I think this is a great feature and has never been done in this way in the Sims franchise.

The closest similarity in the Sims are community lot objects like a barista bar, season festival food stand, and university chef stove spawn specific NPC sims to work those objects. But the idea of a reception creating a job vacancy that can be filled by a playable character is novel.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member

Basically just the title lol.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

This thread was asking if others were going to purchase LBY or Project Rene (Sims 5) or both. It discusses features that are being offered for this game so players have an idea of what both games will provide.

It's the same as in the Paralives vs Project Rene thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Basically just the title lol.

I'd argue that because the Sims 5 Rene has been vary sparse on announcements, it's been difficult to compare and contrast exact upcoming features. When more details are revealed, it will allow for more head-to-head discussions. And this would be the relevant thread for that. But given LBY is pushing out feature reveals very frequently, we can only talk about them in the context of how they relate to the Sims franchise as a whole. We personally can't speak to if Sims 5 Rene will have their version of these features until further information is announced.
  • Options
    We'll see. 🙂 Once we start getting more info on Project Rene I foresee this turning into the classic which is best thread that typically crashes, burns, and is eventually closed.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Well it would be great if this thread is not viewed as necessary to be closed, so what we can all do is follow the recent guideline by a community manager:
    I've allowed these threads to stay up thus far as I was under the impression that they were meant to compare the upcoming games and offer insight to the different types of games they will be.

So getting back to the topic it seems like LBY is angling toward a more "manage the town" type of game given the community lot job vacancy feature, which the Sims series has not typically focused on. Sims 3 did have some of these features by nature of the open world. If Sims 5 Rene continues with an open world concept, then I would say it could step its feet further into this type of gameplay.

Personally, if a simulation game is open world, I would prefer robust tools to view and manage demographics and jobs in the town.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    if you went to know my choice it will obviously be the sims5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I’m looking forward to trying all three. I’m sure each will have some value to me
  • Options
  • Options
    Awesme! I love quests! B)
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The only concern I have with the Fitness feature in LBY is the humans don't change as they gain more skill. Their body shape stays the same no matter how much they workout. That can be problematic if you are playing a human with the Foodie trait. The few Foodies I play need to workout more because they're always eating and tend to gain weight very quickly. :/
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2023
    Seeing all of these features being revealed makes me wonder if The Sims 5 will stick to the "bare bones" route for BG or if they will add a bit more variety for the basic features that they have always typically provided. I have always wanted more workout equipment in the sims (i finally got some weights and an exercise bike with a cool mod, but i don't want to have to rely on mods all the time) so seeing the gym lot reveal from LBY took me by surprise, because there's already weights, cardio bike, and yoga in the BG, which I am not used to. Also the feature to assign someone as the gym receptionist sounds really cool, and make me wonder if there will be specific tasks tied to the job and will also require the agents to spend money on a gym membership to use it.

I love little details, which is why I loved TS2, because it makes the game feel more alive and it's just nice to have detailed customization. Seems really cool so far.

I really hope that TS5 won't be almost as bare as TS4 was at launch. I know they prob will provide all the usual life stages, but gameplay wise it really leaves me curious since we have yet to receive any further updates from The Sims team.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited May 2023

Ah man, step aerobics?
    I wanted that so badly in TS3. I imagined a class of sims on the steps working out to this song.
    https://youtu.be/wg9V_HTfMBY
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Love that agents can dance! B)
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    If that is EA's plan it probably won't be met with favorable reviews. And is most likely why so many players are excited about LBY's Early Access program. The fact the dev teams at Paradox are using this as a way to involve the players in the development of features they want to see in the game shows me our opinions matter and Paradox wants this game to appeal to a broad range of players with different play styles. The amount of customization that will be included in LBY's Early Access build is mind blowing. This is something I never expected to see in any Life Simulation game let alone being given access to the actual developer's tools from the very beginning. And the possibilities of what we will be able to do with those tools will be almost endless, then enhanced once DLC becomes available.

The reason why we have this much information about LBY right now is because Paradox is willing to put it out there for everyone to see, ask questions, give input, voice our concerns and feel included in the development phase. Paradox's marketing style is so refreshing after EA's cloak and dagger approach to unveiling new content that has been going on for years which has included veiled hints, hunting for clues in new packs, riddles and flat-out silence. And in response to LBY's announcement EA decided to give away older packs rather than share any news about the upcoming game pack, expansion or kits. Or explain why it gave up on the pack refreshes. Unfortunately, I don't see this changing in the future.

I love the Sims franchise and have played every iteration. But Sims4 has been disappointing, and I'm ready for something new and more complex. I just don't think Sims5/Project Rene is going to include the features I am looking for. I am unwilling to start all over again and wait for new content while hoping a new pack will transform the game into something immersive and challenging without needing to add third party mods in order to accomplish that. Although, I am glad we have a terrific and talented modding community that has added most of what I wanted EA to add to the game but never did. But that doesn't mean I want to go through all of that again. I am looking at LBY very closely, rewatching videos to see if there are any flaws I might not be able to overlook, weighing the pros and cons the streamers share, reading various blogs and going so far as to read what players of Cities: Skylines have to say about their experiences with Paradox. I'm glad I preordered it and I can't wait to play it.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I completely agree!
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    deleted
  • Options
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    I completely agree!

ditto B)
  • Options
    OkayLazySimOkayLazySim Posts: 40 Member
    > @simmerorigin said:
    > (...)
    > Personally, if a simulation game is open world, I would prefer robust tools to view and manage demographics and jobs in the town.

This is definitely also something I'm looking for.

So far, LbY seems like it will offer a lot of interesting game features that allows to manage the world overall, or might be more open for modders to create systems that fit their gaming preferences.

For TS4/TS5 I'd love to have a better overview of the population, career status and all that, just more information to manage. I feel TS4 could already implement something that you at least could see who is in which career (I've been trying to work on a mod for it, but I'm super beginner, so I don't know if I actually can).

I still think TS4 will top with lore and implemented interactions that make the game feel more 'lively'. I love the sims in spite of all the annoyances and limitations of the current game. LYB looks promising, too so I'm just excited to try out the new simulations and see what's possible and what suits me better
    Food Stall Activist Group
    For food stalls in each neighborhood and cool vendors who don't care for explosions
  • Options
    Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member
    I think the things we know about TS5 are more limited compared to LBY, and are largely about different aspects of the game. I suspect LBY is closer to release? The LBY trailer talks a lot about the mechanics of modding the game, something I don't know much about with TS5 except the basic assumption it will be possible to make mods. Meanwhile, I feel I know a bit more about the in-lot build mode in TS5 from trailers than I know about LBY.

However, I can say some things!

I really like the TS5 graphics I've seen so far. They have a similar asthetic to TS4, but it looks like a higher texture quality and generally richer in detail. For me, this is great, I overall love the TS4 graphics and how sims and the objects and worlds look. The LBY graphics I've seen are more alpha, which isn't personally my favourite style.

LBY has confirmed some things for sure, it has open world, and we can create worlds. I'm excited to see and play with the worlds players create! And to make my own/edit others. It also has a colour wheel. There's vehicles too. The mechanics of things like assigning jobs and lots with staff and specific roles, like being a gym, are confirmed too. I feel they've listened very closely to the frequent things sims players have been talking about and made them. I'm not sure TS5 will tick all those boxes, it will be interesting to see how they respond.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2023

It's a comparison thread. However, Unfortunately, EA isn't releasing much information about Project Rene. It's been months since we saw anything about Rene, and it was only building features and or furniture resizing etc. Rod Humble is releasing information about LBY almost daily and answering questions almost daily. I wish EA would be just as involved in letting their potential consumers know something as often.

I would love to read or see something about Project Rene and its progression but Maxis just won't let any info out like that whereas LBY and Paralives are updating us all the time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Paigeisin5 I'm genuinely happy that you, and all the other simmers who've become disenchanted with the Sims Franchise will have a new game to try. ☺️

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top