Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Summit

Comments

• Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    Happy about the babies but feeling tons of pain for @mcrudd R.I.P all our custom baby clothes :'(
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    L33tP33tNW wrote: »
    Happy about the babies but feeling tons of pain for @mcrudd R.I.P all our custom baby clothes :'(

I actually think it looks like her CC/mods will survive. Looks like a new lifestage to me, which might not actually *replace* the current one. And here I've been waiting for the exciting day I get to say all her stuff broke for the best reason!!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2022
    It seemed like a lot LESS news than I was expecting given the hype for it. So I imagine the purpose was to prevent panic from people worried free to play meant the end of days.

I am NOT a fan of the curseforge collaboration. That company has loaded their apps down with so much spam and intrusive stuff that it is more correctly termed malware. Other gaming communities spent the last few years making alternatives to avoid curseforge after they became so weighted down with spam.
    Hmm....from the Overwolf site....

https://youtu.be/80XP0xYYATw
    I am not sure how they are making money to pay modders, but they claim the mods will be free.
    Maybe they will use ads?

Yep. Curseforge became a massive ad bot device after it was acquired a few years back.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    I watched it again and thought about it some more and now I’m very happy.

I think the content was really good but i got a bit confused watching it because it moved very fast and I was expecting more Sims 4 details. But babies is huge for the game and I know lots of people want Sims 5.

I would really like to know if mods/cc can come to console with this new partnership and I hope we get some more sims 4 news really soon, because I wanna know what is coming next even more than I did before the summit haha 😁
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Kironide wrote: »
    What does everyone think of the new presentation style? I thought that it was more polished than the normal Sim Guru chats, but I missed the cosy feeling of their past style.

I think it was okay. I feel like they actually made some huge announcements - two expansions, a much requested feature and sims 5 but because it all moved so fast it didn’t really ‘hit’ like that and a lot of peoples first reactions were ‘I expected more’.

Perhaps they could have used a little more time to talk about each project in like you say, a more cosy way.

I did love the dancers, ngl my sims are always dancing to that song
  • Options
    WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    edited October 2022
    I personally don't have an issue with Curseforge for the mods. I use it for WoW and for Minecraft and it's so amazing to be able to see what mods need to be updated or are no longer compatible with the current game version or easily find new mods. It's a lot easier to manage them and you can still download from outside of Curseforge too. Never had any issues with malware or spam. There are ads, but they are in the bottom corner of the app itself and it doesn't interfere with downloading, uploading, or managing mods.

I am however really excited about the babies <3 That's will be so much fun and make things so much more interesting. Still hoping for a generations-type pack or something geared toward elders to help flesh them out more too. Having seen dentures in a cup gives me a little hope though lol.

As for Project Rene and it being "The Sims 5", idk if I can say I am honestly excited about that. I would need to see gameplay really. But right now, it reminds me a lot of Paralives and I'm not highly interested in that game either cause the graphics just don't appeal to me. So I shall and wait and see really where it goes in the next few years as they share more insight to the project :)
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I would be overwhelmed, yet pleased, if I had waited for the Sims 4 to be near complete before buying in.

I am looking at it on Steam.
    Base Game: Free
    Expansion Packs 50% off
    Game Packs 30% off
    Stuff Packs 30% off.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    L33tP33tNW wrote: »

Hahaha looks like it might go two ways. One like you said that we get a replacement baby stage and all my cc goes bye bye, or Two we might get a second baby stage and my cc is safe as long as the coding remains the same ;) Either way I am happy with both, (won't have to fix close to 300 package files LOL ) I have always loved sims babies and is super excited they are going to be free next year, away from the cribs and out exploring <3
    I actually think it looks like her CC/mods will survive. Looks like a new lifestage to me, which might not actually *replace* the current one. And here I've been waiting for the exciting day I get to say all her stuff broke for the best reason!!

Hahahaha well the day will come where you either say mcrudd no longer has baby cc now or that it is still working, I do think it might be like you said that its a second baby life stage, but I guess we will have to wait and see :)

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Okay now that I'm home did I miss something or is project rene technically the sims 5?
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited October 2022
    Okay now that I'm home did I miss something or is project rene technically the sims 5?

As Lyndsay said "the new generation", The Sims totally cross-platform (PC + Mac + Console + Mobile)
  • Options
    edited October 2022

Officially it’s not the sims 5. It’s an early in development project which doesn’t have an actual name yet. But they did say it was the next generation/evolution of the Sims.

This is common practice in game studios. It’s almost certainly going to be the sims 5 or maybe just the sims (202x) or something.

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    ah yes was just wondering if I misheard guess it doesn't matter either way but maybe it'll be good as they give us little updates for awhile.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited October 2022
    ah yes was just wondering if I misheard guess it doesn't matter either way but maybe it'll be good as they give us little updates for awhile.

Lyndsay said :
    "For the next couple of years we'll continue sharing updates with all of you on Project René.
    We'll share in-progress work, exploration, sneak peeks and behind-the-scene content."
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    What does everyone think of the new presentation style? I thought that it was more polished than the normal Sim Guru chats, but I missed the cosy feeling of their past style.

You mean the way the livestream was presented? I personally didn't like it. I love when the gurus host the livestreams and Even though they are not professional youtubers they are a pleasure to watch. I think it's cozy as well.
    I assume this was just for the summit though and we will have more guru livestreams. Polished does not =better.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I also think this cross platform sims is a bad idea along with the multilayer.
    But I don't have much hope that ts5 will be something I'm interested in besides new cool features and nice graphics. The CEO already expressed multiple times what he wants for the sims and it's not what I want for myself. He wants to go in the direction of all the other new games these days.
    Anyway, I know a lot of people are looking forward to it so I'll just focus on ts4 for as long as it lasts 🙂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2022

Yes, that is how I read it but they did not go too much into detail except there are some options that was in Sims 3 and will expand those like the building mode where they are ditching the grid system and you will be able to put items where you want them. However, lesson has been learned, I will not rush to buy a copy until all is said and done and see what real substance it really has.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,936 Member
    edited October 2022
    _____
    Post edited by Slacker on
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    linds2010linds2010 Posts: 477 Member

Same here. While watching I thought it was going to be some type of update to Sims 4.
    As far as sims 5 I think it will come out for the 25th anniversary
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited October 2022
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    I watched it again and thought about it some more and now I’m very happy.

I think the content was really good but i got a bit confused watching it because it moved very fast and I was expecting more Sims 4 details. But babies is huge for the game and I know lots of people want Sims 5.

I would really like to know if mods/cc can come to console with this new partnership and I hope we get some more sims 4 news really soon, because I wanna know what is coming next even more than I did before the summit haha 😁

@JustinB113
    So am I. Especially that the next iteration is a few years away. Looking forward to next year's new content.

In her faq @luthienrising says:

Is console getting mods and CC?
    No, this doesn't mean console is getting mods and CC.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1004154/a-mini-overwolf-curseforge-faq#latest
  • Options
    Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    I love the new CC Hub. I can't wait to use that. At the moment I have no mods in my game but have always wanted a safe organized way to have them. This is a dream come true! Project Rene looks awesome so far. Love the color wheel and customizations. Can't wait to see what else they reveal in the future about it.
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    I personally didn't like it. Too much filler and the actual sneak peeks felt like a blink and you miss it moment, especially for a half hour video. Also felt a bit too congratulatory. I know they have to big up their product but it was a bit much for me personally.

Now I've been able to go back and pause things and look at it properly babies obviously, very exciting. Looks like they are bringing in baby carriers and playpens and kids cycling? I'd love it if they gave kids more things to play that don't involve giant objects. I'm guessing some of this will be base game and some stuff in an expansion. Hopefully it is a Generation type pack as some people have pointed out with the dentures.

Mod support could be interesting. I don't mind searching for mods but with a lot of search results now pointing to Pinterest which then points to a reblogging site and then eventually to the creator's site it can get tedious. Not to mention the update dance we have to do each patch day. Puts me off playing so anything to help simplify that will be great. As long as it doesn't turn into a pay site.

Not going to judge the early project stuff as it's far too early to say. I remember previews for Spore being very different to what the finished product looked like so I'm expecting the style to change a certain amount. I think they are partly trying to set expectations as we've all been wondering when the next version of the game was coming so now it's confirmed that they are working on it but we are a long way off.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited October 2022
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    All that they showed for the new Sims project looks good (especially for early stages), but it was all about building and I’m a gameplay player. I try to spent as little time building as possible. For now I’m glad there is something in the works, but it looks like building simulator at this point. What interests me the most are Sims, how they behave and what will be available with base game. Hopefully more than in Sims 4.

To be fair, build/buy is usually one of the very first things developed for a Sims-like game and is easier to show-off than live mode gameplay. Paralives was the same when that was first announced.

Sure, which only shows how far off this game is at this point. I wrote the post, because many people say “wow, the Sims 5 looks amazing” and we simply don’t know how it looks like. It could become anything, and even the bb stuff they showed would be different down the line.

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I think I had a better time at work than I would have had watching the livestream XD
    I did open up the video just now and watch the segment on Project Rene.
    I'm excited about the way they are incorporating collaborative play. Like many others here, I was not interested in a Second Life type experience where you're besieged by aggressive randos all the time while trying to play your game. Looks like they're planning both a solo play option, and an option where you can choose who you play with. The thing where multiple devices were logged into the same lot at the same time, and changes on one showed up on the other, was great. Minisprite and I would definitely use that. (Maybe it will be our thing after she leaves for college... sob.)
    I also really liked the way they managed to use both a snap-to grid and a free form Blender-style 3D manipulation tool in build mode. Grids make building easy because everything lines up (Minecraft). Free-form move and rotate allows a lot more options, but getting everything aligned can be a real pain (Blender). It's cool to see that they're including both and it seems to be easy to switch back and forth. I hope this also means our walls and rooms can be any random shape if we want.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    This was well-played on EA's part.

After the HSY patch made the game very unplayable for most (can't turn off fears/wants, trendi clothing while they shower, slow walking everywhere, still excessive phone usage for sims, bust the dust that doesn't have dust to bust, simulation lag, patches that address pronouns/scenarios/minor glitches - bugs that have been ongoing for YEARS so don't say they need time - they've had it) well then they announce the summit.

Cue all the simmers to forget the issues at hand and stop demanding fixes and instead start speculating 'We're getting Sims 5', etc.

Then build up the summit with loads of hype and really bizarre choices (dance segment, man on the street, most of the cringy monologue) and then drop a hint at two EP for next year and kits - no word on GP or SP (they're dead) and end with a hint that babies will be freed from the crib.

And now all anyone can talk about is the babies coming and the EP's coming - and yet we've not received ANY solid word or movement on the bugs that have been plaguing the game since July and August. By now, they've had time to track them down because several modders already have.

Happy that others are excited and fell for the marketing and deflection - as for me, my $1,000+ investment is still broken and in need of work so I'll reserve my excitement and anticipation once I see real progress on bug fixes, etc.

I agree. I don't see any point in the Sims Summit except to distract from the mess the content has been the past year and the apparent lack of any more content this year. Two eps for next year, and the next sims being worked on should not be news to anyone. Freed babies are great if you really wanted them but not everyone cared if they stayed in their bassinets. It will add to the game but is not really game changing or worth all this hype. It was actually worse than I expected and I expected it to be disappointing.