Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FIND YOUR-MANY-SELVES IN THE SIMS WITH BRETMAN ROCK

Comments

• Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I’m also in the camp of never heard of him or many of the stars sims 4 collab with. However I do disagree with those who are talking about simself gameplay in a negative way. Everyone plays the game differently and I seem to be in the minority who play with their simself and have done since sims 1. At the moment sims 4 is highlighting that way of playing which is nice to see as it was a gameplay style not often advertised by the game and sims 4 have recognised this gameplay style more.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Not into celebrity influencers, so I really was not amused. I have no clue who this is and none of my 3 Gen Z offspring knew the person either. We must not be entertained by the types the advertising team chooses.

As for playing a "simself," I really can't because I need more family style gameplay features and need to be able to add my pet birds too. The gameplay is lacking, so I see no reason to play a fantasy simself. Perhaps this works for young adults who might play a lifestyle that is not a traditional family.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

Gordy wrote: »
    If I spam enough dragon sims on the hashtag, do you think the Sims team will take notice and be forced to acknowledge it?

Never stop chasing your dreams.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited December 2021
    If I spam enough dragon sims on the hashtag, do you think the Sims team will take notice and be forced to acknowledge it?

- Dragonkin -

From the webpage link above:
    Dragonkin are people who think they are dragons in the body of humans or dragons reborn as humans. The belief that one is a dragon in the body of a human is called draconity[1] (from draco, Latin for dragon, and unity or identity[2]).

Obviously Dragonkin are not being represented at all in the Sims, therefore those individuals are not able to be their 'season of simselves' whatsoever in the game right now. Why isn't draconity in the game? Do the EA/Maxis execs have some sort of prejudice against dragonkin?

I think you, Gordy, are just the person to demand that change be made in the game. Dragons are people too, dagnabit! They deserve to be represented in the Sims just like everyone else.

Stand up on that twitter soapbox and be counted, Gordy!
    Spam that twitter, I say. Spam it hard!

Rawr!
    Post edited by AncientMuse on
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Yeah, I am not on the "simself" side of things either, never have been, even when I actually still was in the whole "finding your self" phase many moons ago. I like creating my own fictional characters and their world, always have, always will.
    Dont know any influencers either, just not my generation or interest.
    It's totally fine tho, to each their own.

And also:
    MORE POWER TO DRAGONS!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,472 Member

- Dragonkin -

Dragonkin are people who think they are dragons in the body of humans or dragons reborn as humans. The belief that one is a dragon in the body of a human is called draconity[1] (from draco, Latin for dragon, and unity or identity[2]).

Obviously Dragonkin are not being represented at all in the Sims, therefore those individuals are not able to be their 'season of simselves' whatsoever in the game right now. Why isn't draconity in the game? Do the EA/Maxis execs have some sort of prejudice against dragonkin?

I think you, Gordy, are just the person to demand that change be made in the game. Dragons are people too, dagnabit! They deserve to be represented in the Sims just like everyone else.

Rawr!

Oh, snap! This is the argument that's gonna win us some dragons.

Hey devs, you've just been called on your campaign of inclusivity. I mean, how can you argue against this? It's perfectly balanced reasoning. Lovely!

I expect Torch is on his way then?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I know about bretman, but I don't watch his content, only seen couple a vids.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Can we please have stuff for the 99% of society?

What do you mean by that, specifically?

How about instead of focusing on Simselves so much we get an attraction system. Does it make sense these Sims like anyone at any time? Does it make sense these Sims can flip on a dime and like male or female or other at any time? Many of us don't need to find our many simselves we already know who we are, deep roots and don't even ever play Simselves. The Sims is not me, never has been, never will be. How about focusing on gameplay that makes sense to those of us who don't need to find ourselves.

Does it make sense that a baby Sim is tied to a baby crib? Seriously. Is that life? Where are the strollers and the ability to carry around a baby instead of standing over a crib all day? Where are the dirty jobs in this game? I mean not everyone wants or needs to be a gamer and or their career tied to a pc. How about some regular jobs for Sims. You know, not IT, Youtube, Influencer type careers. How about listening and reading your feedback and ideas here instead of on twitter.

Ignoring the fact that you derailed this thread into a content wishlist, just because you don't see something implemented doesn't mean it wasn't sent up. Change to existing content takes time, creating brand new content takes even more time.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Many of us don't need to find our many simselves we already know who we are, deep roots and don't even ever play Simselves.
    Statements like these don't work, there are millions of Simmers out there that do play with Simselves and you're completely dismissing them.

I've only played as my simself a few times but most of the time i play as someone else in game. Playing as your simself is really nothing new, its been done before and people still do it. So its not really being dismissed.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Count me too! Dragonpower!!
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,731 Member
    edited December 2021

I've only played as my simself a few times but most of the time i play as someone else in game. Playing as your simself is really nothing new, its been done before and people still do it. So its not really being dismissed.

I don't think so either, I think people wanting different features for the game is so they can play their simselves and other sims better. I have a simself in my game but he, much like myself is not that much interested in celebrities like Bretman. But for people who are, more power to them.

People like different things. When I will finally get cars I'm sure that there are other people who will say that Maxis should have done something else. I will be happy and some other people would have wanted something else...

But what I think is important is to not dismiss those people or say that they are "wrong". Because that turns them away. So I guess my point is, I don't mind Maxis trying to appeal to people that have certain interests as long as we all understand that there are people who don't have those interests.

I think that comes a bit from a view that all simmers are alike and we all like the same things, we don't.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The problem with this campaign is many, even if they wanted to, can't play as themselves. Look at me, some might think I'm a Diva, lol, ok, I don't see any thing in these updates and campaigns in all of this Seasons Of Self for Divas. I don't see any thing in this campaign for a football player, or a disabled player, and or any other type of player in many regards. This is all about marketing to those who feel diversity is important however, how diverse is it really? I mean where is my bon bons, my servants to stand over me with fans, and run out and get me any thing I want? To hand me the remote, or to switch the TV station for me, or to get my soda, or run my bath water, etc. Divas are poorly represented in this game. Therefore, some of us aren't impressed with Seasons of Self campaign. Divas know what I'm talking about, there isn't much in here for us. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I don't play my simself but I don't mind the "simself" campaign or whatever because it just gives me ideas for different type of sims to create. Like I see it more as the opportunity to create more different/unique type of sims than creating my exact simself.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,981 Member
    @Cinebar

Today, in red-top tabloid terms, if a woman is referred to as a 'diva' it usually means she's difficult, temperamental and demanding. ... The word diva was derived from the Italian for a female deity, or goddess, and closely associated with prima donna.

Being a diva is more about character and can hardly be compared to gender identity and inclusivity.

Try the snob, high maintenance, hot headed, materialistic, perfectionist , self absorbed traits and you've got your diva.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,112 Member

Go for it. You have my, er, wings at your side. In spirit, anyway, because I don't very often use the other social media platforms that relate to the game.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options

- Dragonkin -

Rawr!

I forgot about dragonkin but I think the concept would fit in the game very well.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Elliandre wrote: »
    We have had actors, musicians and now social media influencers support the game, but they don't really interest me so much. How about choosing someone who is famous for something different next time? Maybe an environmental activist, an athlete, an inventor, someone who won an interesting international award, an entrepreneur, a painter, a sculptor, a chef, an author. I hope the next marketing campaign chooses a celebrity who can add something more meaningful to my game and feature new objects or gameplay.

I don't particularly think the game needs a celebrity to endorse it but if it does, an author could be a good choice.
  • Options
    As long as they have 18 million followers like Bretman and fit the target demographic.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited December 2021
    I don't particularly think the game needs a celebrity to endorse it but if it does, an author could be a good choice.

Yay! One person agrees with an Author. :smiley:

I now have a vision for a future marketing campaign. Famous Author George RR Martin. "Play with your Pet Dragons!". He can make Game of Thrones Dragons and Sims from the books and himself as a Bookworm Author Sim. Won't that be a great campaign to bring in more players once they add pet Dragons? Who cares if Martin doesn't even use Instagram. Game of Thrones generated 2.2 billion dollars in profit. Maxis, bring us George RR Martin with the Dragons.
    As long as they have 18 million followers like Bretman and fit the target demographic.

Oh wow Bretman Rock is very famous! It's crazy how social media stars are more famous than actors or musicians now.

I'm not saying they shouldn't use celebrities at all anymore, just have a little more variety in future. I like the idea of playing with Sim selves. This marketing campaign doesn't target me, obviously, since I never heard of Bretman, but I want more players like me recruited to the game. Who wouldn't want more of me? I am an awesome customer. I have bought everything except a few Kits and I genuinely love this game. They should look for more ME's, not Selves of celebrities who probably don't play the game. I'm not sure if Bretman's high fashion conscious followers will be kept happy, with our random Townie fashion and the MAC cosmetics being what it is, lately our jackets don't even zip all the way, it's like all the zippers are broken. Is that a fashion trend?

Maxis should have consulted Bretman on the Modern Man fashion kit. Look how gorgeous his one piece outfits are. I would have bought the kit for these outfits:
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2021
    @Cinebar

Today, in red-top tabloid terms, if a woman is referred to as a 'diva' it usually means she's difficult, temperamental and demanding. ... The word diva was derived from the Italian for a female deity, or goddess, and closely associated with prima donna.

Being a diva is more about character and can hardly be compared to gender identity and inclusivity.

Try the snob, high maintenance, hot headed, materialistic, perfectionist , self absorbed traits and you've got your diva.

Those would be good combinations. But I still need them to add a personal assistant that I can order around. lol Go do this, cook my meal, turn down my bed, go to the store, phone that Sim etc. Divas need their personal assistants. Butlers and maids aren't programmed to do every thing a Diva would ask of them. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    That might make an interesting storyline. Create a household with two unrelated sims. The Diva and the lowly assistant. Give the diva appropriate traits and put her in the actor career. Have the assistant tend to all her needs, cleaning, dusting, laundry, cooking, errands, making coffee and drinks, etc. And taking care of the spoiled lap dog.
  • Options

Yay! One person agrees with an Author. :smiley:

I now have a vision for a future marketing campaign. Famous Author George RR Martin. "Play with your Pet Dragons!". He can make Game of Thrones Dragons and Sims from the books and himself as a Bookworm Author Sim. Won't that be a great campaign to bring in more players once they add pet Dragons? Who cares if Martin doesn't even use Instagram. Game of Thrones generated 2.2 billion dollars in profit. Maxis, bring us George RR Martin with the Dragons.

I'm a long term fan of the novels and formerly a fan of the TV show (seasons 1-4) but I personally wouldn't want characters from the books or TV show in the game because I can make them myself, and have definitely done that many, many times. The other problem is that the final season of GOT, and particularly the finale, was soured for many people by the decisions made by the showrunners, and I think that would put off people who might otherwise have enjoyed this kind of collaboration. I half expect the coming prequels to fall flat on their faces now the GOT hype has largely vanished.

To be honest, GRRM is heavily criticised any time he does anything that isn't working on the next book so I hope for his own sake he wouldn't agree to a collaboration with EA, though I do know he's involved in some other video game and he was certainly involved in the official GOT games.

I would love dragons in the game but I'd personally prefer them to have 4 limbs plus wings whereas GRRM's only have wings and back legs, and I think it's better all round if they aren't affiliated with a particular franchise. It's easier for players to play in their own way. I can think of other authors whose dragon-themed books I've enjoyed and they are all extremely different from one another.

• Options
    @Mariefoxprice83 I love Fantasy books, what other dragon books do you like?

I didn’t even notice the GOT dragons don’t have front legs lol. I would like any dragons on the Sim game to be like you said have 4 legs so they can walk. I never finished the show, still reading the books, but I heard about the ending hah.

Lately I’ve been thinking of adding fantasy book characters to my game so I guess it’s on my mind.

One of my Sim Selves is always a fantasy author.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,355 EA Community Manager

I didn’t even notice the GOT dragons don’t have front legs lol. I would like any dragons on the Sim game to be like you said have 4 legs so they can walk. I never finished the show, still reading the books, but I heard about the ending hah.

Lately I’ve been thinking of adding fantasy book characters to my game so I guess it’s on my mind.

I believe 2 legged dragons are technically wyverns, dragons must have 4 legs.

This has been my dragon post of the week.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options

:joy: I have been enlightened, thank you!
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,355 EA Community Manager

:joy: I have been enlightened, thank you!

Thank you for coming to my TED talk. :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png