Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2019
    @mcrudd thank you. This is really very strange. I wonder if it’s something I’m doing wrong? Or maybe the laptop is faulty? I’ve only had it 2 weeks so perhaps I should send it back and ask for a replacement on the grounds it isn’t working as it should...

Yeah something is very fishy. I just tested my loading time on Vlad's house, since many people said it takes long on that one, and I timed 3 seconds for it. I play on a laptop and have all of the expansions, game and stuff packs too.

Tested it on a few lots in different worlds and they all the same between 2 to 4 seconds. I suggest you ask for a replacement something is not right there. I used to have a Predator and I returned it because its a gaming laptop and it got so hot I could not touch the keyboard, I had it for about two weeks as well, Now I have my alienware and is pleased as chips, no issues at all :)

• Options
    Thank you very much @mcrudd given all these things I think I will see if I can return it because it takes 18 seconds for me to load Vlad’s house! Sigh sigh sigh.

Yeah that is definitely not on. Insist on a replacement. Sometimes they say they will sent it away for testing, but don't let them, just insist on a new one, if the new one does it as well, then perhaps consider a different computer instead. All of the best of luck for you, I do hope you come right, I remember how frustrating long loading times was with my previous lappy.

• Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I'm using an Acer Aspire 7 laptop. My loading screens are usually between 3-7 seconds, sometimes just about 10 if it's a very detailed lot (but I don't have many of those in my game typically, I guess!).

I know you've received a ton of responses so if you have already found something that works for you, feel free to ignore this ;)
  • Options
    Thank you so much @mcrudd I will do! Gosh I’m so glad for this forum. Otherwise I just wouldn’t have realised the laptop wasn’t working properly!

Yeah forums are very helpful. We always tend to compare it to our previous laptop, which I did, so first time I loaded my game I was not even halfway to the kitchen and I heard the sims main screen music, I ran back to it and was like woah that was fast hahahahaha. I do hope you come right, do keep us updated :) Happy simming <3
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Oh dear I think I have figured out what is wrong in my laptop. Although the CPU is good (Intel i7-8750H), the processor speed is poor (2.2GHz, although it does have 6 cores - not sure if that makes a difference). Apparently for gaming the processor speed should be more like 3-4GHz. I just assumed the processor speed on a GAMING laptop would be good. Plum :(

That may not be the issue. 2.2 GHz is the chip’s base speed. It boosts up to 4.1 GHz, as long as thermal throttling isn’t occurring.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    One thing that helped my game, I backed up my library in an external HD, that way I can put it back when needed, and keep very few households, lots in it now. Apparently, a lot of stuff in your library can slow down your game.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    Built for me desktop 8 core gaming rig on Asus Z motherboard with 16 gig high speed gaming ram... super cooled system....My processor speed is 4.5 ghz. It's really fast.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm using a relatively old Macbook with almost full storage space and low settings for the game. Don't know the exact version or the specs.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SimpleIntoxicationSimpleIntoxication Posts: 282 Member
    Your loading time seems super super long...I have an HP Envy, bought in 2016. Idk the specs exactly, but I do know I use this laptop for EVERYTHING, I've never done a windows reinstall on it, I have a trillion mods, and my loading time is usually right about 6 seconds.
    "Don't wish...Don't start.
    Wishing only wounds the heart."

feca3b79-16b1-4d90-b2f5-1df8ce10c536_zps37cfddca.png?t=1422482021
    Origin ID: Simintoxication
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    Just curious, but were you happy with your pc before you read that post on loading times?
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have a sort of bad laptop and a butt load of cc. That's why my loading screens take 20-30 seconds, I think.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    This is pretty much what I'm playing on. I had the computer screen already so just needed a computer to hook them up with. I bought this a few years ago, so not the latest gaming card out, but runs all my games well:
    https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Scobre/saved/

I am also a beta tester for NVIDIA GE Force NOW which I still need to test with streaming and my games run so smooth now: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/geforce-now/

I honestly think cloud based gaming is going to be the future.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    edited July 2019
    MSI GE62 Apache Pro-001 15.6" GAMING LAPTOP NOTEBOOK NVIDIA GTX970M i7-6700HQ 16GB 128GB SSD + 1TB WINDOWS 10

Mine go from 10-30. It depends. It runs at 2.6, but apparently it comes with a feature that boosts that speed up to 3.5. [4 years into having this computer and I only discover that now?! :D ]
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I would really like to know why people base whether the computer is good or running at its best based on how fast the sims4 loads??
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    edited July 2019
    OP, you shouldn't worry about it so much.

This game doesn't like laptops so much anyways. :D

There's nothing wrong with your laptop. Mine is older than yours, so I'm guessing your graphics card is better. But I have a 2.8gHz processor.

I've played the game on 2 gaming laptops (3 soon) and all the time, the loading times for my old household is about 20-30 seconds. But it loads super fast on a new household and small lot.

Have you tried opening a new lot and a new save to see how fast it loads?

Also, if you really want to do a real test, you can give us your save file and all the people with the fast laptops try to open it and see. That's the only way to see if it's your laptop (external software included) or if it's just your save game that's the problem.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    I would really like to know why people base whether the computer is good or running at its best based on how fast the sims4 loads??

Yeah, I don't really care so much about loading times but I get bothered by performance like the stuttering.

Cuz it's really alarming to hear people day their mid range laptops have no fps issues compared to mine. XD It's kinda like just unsettling really, even tho most of the time I don't believe them cuz there's just no way. :tongue:
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    You have to keep in mind there are other factors in place. Also, every laptop isn't the same even if it is the very same model. But that also doesn't mean that Laptop A is faulty just cuz it's a bit slower than Laptop B of the same model. How are you going to explain to them if you want it to be replaced?
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited July 2019
    There's a big possibility the next laptop will take around the same amount of time to load.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/