The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

German youtuber hints at next DLC

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's coming up to Halloween. I wouldn't be surprised if it was witches, or maybe a magical pack in general. And what kinds of Lets Plays do people do at Halloween?

Then, EA could charge us for Halloween stuff that we might otherwise have expected to be some nice free bonus content for the time of year. Saves them making a free event, too.

Hey, I'm just saying what I would do if I were EA, looking to funnel money directly out of my consumers pockets. It's not like I don't want Witches.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    amyedwards1986amyedwards1986 Posts: 244 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    It's coming up to Halloween. I wouldn't be surprised if it was witches, or maybe a magical pack in general. And what kinds of Lets Plays do people do at Halloween?

Then, EA could charge us for Halloween stuff that we might otherwise have expected to be some nice free bonus content for the time of year. Saves them making a free event, too.

Hey, I'm just saying what I would do if I were EA, looking to funnel money directly out of my consumers pockets. It's not like I don't want Witches.

We already have a Halloween pack. It's called Spooky stuff and it includes all what we need to have a nice Halloween holiday. So I doubt it's gonna be something related to it.
    11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited September 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If he's such a great guy that never lies and so responsible, why is he "leaking" the fact that he knows something others don't. It sounds fishy to me.

I'm honestly wondering if you're trolling right now. He didn't leak anything. He said he knows what the next pack is but can't reveal it. And we all know there will be a new pack sooner or later. He didn't do anything bad. He didn't even say anything new.

I'm not trolling, I'm just offering my opinion, just like you are doing, which is my right so to do.

This whole thread is the very reason those that get prior info are to keep quiet. If he's getting a hard time it's because he shouldn't have said anything to begin with. That's why they sign NDA's and should stick to them.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    If he's such a great guy that never lies and so responsible, why is he "leaking" the fact that he knows something others don't. It sounds fishy to me.

I'm honestly wondering if you're trolling right now. He didn't leak anything. He said he knows what the next pack is but can't reveal it. And we all know there will be a new pack sooner or later. He didn't do anything bad. He didn't even say anything new.

I'm not trolling, I'm just offering my opinion, just like you are doing, which is my right so to do.

This whole thread is the very reason those that get prior info are to keep quiet. If he's getting a hard time it's because he shouldn't have said anything to begin with. That's why they sign NDA's and should stick to them.

Nothing he said amounts to new information at all, so if he is under a NDA it’s unlikely that he violated it. People are being ornery about it because they’re jealous. He slipped and said he has info that the public wants, but said nothing beyond that. Nothing leaked, no information was actually produced, he basically said what Maxis says everytime they talk about the future of the game.

Honestly the dude didn’t do anything to get scrutinized online by people who probably don’t watch his channel. There are so many other things, better things, to do besides hating on a YouTube creator for making a video for his followers.
  • Options
    Influencers or Game Changers or whatever you want to call them, should be more responsible to those followers than to proclaim that they know something but aren't going to tell. Surely they know the issues that will cause. So, to me, it's baiting and it's irresponsible.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,650 Member
    I don't know German but he can be click baiting or trying to spin his own assumptions and speculation and opinion into a fact since most people like to do that aside from Sims 4.

Now he may know what is up but talking about I know but I can't tell you and bringing it up might hurt him at the end EA or Maxis may not like that to well.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    I wouldn't say it's clickbait though, because like others said, he didn't mention it in the title and he only mentioned it in passing throughout the video. It wasn't the main focus.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I wonder what his sources could be. If he already knows, maybe it's not far from release? That's if he isn't pulling our legs anyway

He is definitely in contact with EA germany since he is a big influencer.

Do you really think EA would tell him of all people information and not anyone else? Not to be rude but even if they wanted a YouTuber to hint for hype, they would choose someone like deligracy who is more relevant I guess.

4 million subscribers, biggest german youtuber when it comes to gaming but Deligracy is more relevant. You have to love american arrogance lol
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    I wonder what his sources could be. If he already knows, maybe it's not far from release? That's if he isn't pulling our legs anyway

Do you really think EA would tell him of all people information and not anyone else? Not to be rude but even if they wanted a YouTuber to hint for hype, they would choose someone like deligracy who is more relevant I guess.

4 million subscribers, biggest german youtuber when it comes to gaming but Deligracy is more relevant. You have to love american arrogance lol

Deligracy is Australian.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

We already have a Halloween pack. It's called Spooky stuff and it includes all what we need to have a nice Halloween holiday. So I doubt it's gonna be something related to it.

They could always try to push it alongside witches, and if they release it before Halloween, they could make a Halloween bundle. Spooky day doesn't replace Witches and vice versa, and they have tried to push other packs when releasing a new one before. They did that with spooky day when seasons came out, remember?
  • Options
    hyrulerose wrote: »

Deligracy is Australian.

It's about the language. If it's not an English-speaking YouTuber, than it's an irrelevant one apparently. Even if he has more than four times of subs and gets to play games and show them months before they come out.
  • Options

Deligracy is Australian.

It's about the language. If it's not an English-speaking YouTuber, than it's an irrelevant one apparently. Even if he has more than four times of subs and gets to play games and show them months before they come out.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. Just saying, it's not fair to call that other user an arrogant American when Deligracy isn't even American.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Deligracy is Australian.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. Just saying, it's not fair to call that other user an arrogant American when Deligracy isn't even American.

Honestly, Deligracy's nationality is irrelevant.
  • Options
    I can see the shut down coming........
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I hope beyond anything it's something to do with the supernatural. This game is way too realistic for my play style.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I hope beyond anything it's something to do with the supernatural. This game is way too realistic for my play style.
    Me too! I’m hoping everyone predicting witches is right (I’d prefer mermaids, but I feel as though witches are much more likely)
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member

Yikes I'm not even American and neither is deligracy. Perhaps I should have said deligracy is more relevant for Western viewers...
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Deligracy is Australian.

It's arrogant to think that everything you can not understand is irrelevant and that is an attitude I often see with americans.
    I knew that Deligracy was australian but it has nothing to do with my point. The user could have asked if the YouTuber was a big one, but they automatically assumed that because he was speaking german, Deligracy who speaks english is getting more information from EA.

Edit: It's also pretty well-known that Germany is important when it comes to gaming. Gamescom is a name that most sim players (and gamers in general) know.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Deligracy is Australian.

It's arrogant to think that everything you can not understand is irrelevant and that is an attitude I often see with americans.
    I knew that Deligracy was australian but it has nothing to do with my point. The user could have asked if the YouTuber was a big one, but they automatically assumed that because he was speaking german, Deligracy who speaks english is getting more information from EA.

Edit: It's also pretty well-known that Germany is important when it comes to gaming. Gamescom is a name that most sim players (and gamers in general) know.

Ok lol.
    Post edited by pinneduphair on
  • Options
    Lauri_AntonLauri_Anton Posts: 48 Member
    I wonder what kind of cas/bb theme the witches pack would have. Kind of hoping for heaps of non-electricity using gadgets and appliances.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I wonder what kind of cas/bb theme the witches pack would have. Kind of hoping for heaps of non-electricity using gadgets and appliances.
    Maybe cauldrons?
  • Options
    I want some magical objects that only work for sims who are magical so they wouldn't work on regular lots. Like that mirror from S3 that could talk to you or give you a makeover or the grandfather clock from Harry Potter that the Weasley's owned that told where everyone was. Maybe a new bust of an ancient witch or statue of a cat that a witch can talk to and interact with. Get advise or tell jokes or complain to. A big magic book of spells that starts out blank but adds spells as your sim learns them.
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    I learned absolutely nothing new from this thread. What's next? EA drop hint that they know what the next pack is?
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    Lauri_AntonLauri_Anton Posts: 48 Member
    I love that statue idea @Dannydanbo
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Yikes I'm not even American and neither is deligracy. Perhaps I should have said deligracy is more relevant for Western viewers...
    Western as in.... ? You know where Germany is I hope ;)?
    Point here though is that fewer people speak German than English.
    5JZ57S6.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top