Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 generations please

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2018
    I really want a sims 4 generations pack
    elder stuff
    rocking chair
    knitting
    canes
    and bingo
    interactions for elders

got your nose
    pull my finger
    talk about the good old days
    I'm coming' Elizabeth! or fake heart attack

kid stuff
    bunk beds
    costume chest
    slides and sandboxes

interactions for kids

tag
    playing pretend
    pillow fight
    nursery rhymes
    and new event sleep over

teen stuff
    zits
    magazines
    skateboarding

teen interactions
    dingdong ditch
    spray painting things
    getting tattoos that there not suppose to get
    running away
    events prom and graduation

adult and young adult stuff
    wedding cakes
    a six pack of juice
    slow dance
    a psychiatrist to go to
    midlife crisis

adult and young adult interactions
    confess to cheating
    ask why you ran away
    talk about family
    an adopt a child whim
    event bachelor/ bachelorette party

toddler stuff
    toy drums
    rocking horse
    toddler interactions
    get rocked to sleep
    peek a boo

baby interactions
    spiting up on sims
    being song to sleep

I think you are a bit out of date on your elder options, being one myself.

Nowadays we want recliner chairs or sofas, smartphones, tablets or laptops with Skype for getting in touch with grandchildren or relatives, expensive coach tour holidays or cruises, gardening tools, dog walking and historic homes coach trips, I meet lots of elderly people from the USA going on them here. We 70 year olds are of the Elvis, 60's generation at the end of the Sinatra generation and into Rock and Roll, Skiffle etc. EA's ideas are so old fashioned.

When I think of elders I think of the 80 and 90 year olds but even those are still healthy nowadays if they've avoided the health hazards of drink, drugs and smoking! Canes and sticks are useful on country walks to help yourself get up if you fall but a lot of elderly people around me (I live near a National Park) use two of them to do power walking!

Zimmer frames would come useful in a Hospital Pack!

We could do with some more stylish clothing for elderly Sims also EA/Maxis

PS: I bought a rocking chair once but it kept getting the way and I kept hitting my feet on the rockers so I got rid of it. They are actually not very comfortable to sit on. :smile:
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Nowadays we want recliner chairs or sofas, smartphones, tablets or laptops with Skype for getting in touch with grandchildren or relatives, expensive coach tour holidays or cruises, gardening tools, dog walking and historic homes coach trips, I meet lots of elderly people from the USA going on them here. We 70 year olds are of the Elvis, 60's generation at the end of the Sinatra generation and into Rock and Roll, Skiffle etc. EA's ideas are so old fashioned.

When I think of elders I think of the 80 and 90 year olds but even those are still healthy nowadays if they've avoided the health hazards of drink, drugs and smoking! Canes and sticks are useful on country walks to help yourself get up if you fall but a lot of elderly people around me (I live near a National Park) use two of them to do power walking!

PS: I bought a rocking chair once but it kept getting the way and I kept hitting my feet on the rockers so I got rid of it. They are actually not very comfortable to sit on. :smile:

Your post made me laugh and I have to agree. The Sims series has a more...traditional...view of what elders should look and act like. It would be nice if it were updated a bit.

I still would still like a Sim version of Bingo, though. ;)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2018
    Cynna wrote: »

Your post made me laugh and I have to agree. The Sims series has a more...traditional...view of what elders should look and act like. It would be nice if it were updated a bit.

I still would still like a Sim version of Bingo, though. ;)

I go past a Bingo hall a couple of times a week and at certain times of the day there are lots of grey hair-permed ladies smoking cigarettes outside, not many men. I haven't dared go inside. It's like a social club where they all have a table and beware if you sit at it

. EA might note that only elderly ladies over 80 tend to have "perms" (permanent waves, another UK term) all the rest of us like what everybody else likes in spite of being told to keep hair short!

Elders could do with some comfy slippers as well EA. B)o:)

I'm thinking that I might go to see the Northern Lights as all this talk about elders is giving me ideas about having to do a bucket list! >:)

PS: EA "plumb'd" my term for cigarettes so I gave up and changed it. :/
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited August 2018
    elder stuff
    rocking chair
    knitting
    canes
    and bingo
    interactions for elders

got your nose
    pull my finger

kid stuff
    bunk beds
    costume chest
    slides and sandboxes

interactions for kids

tag
    playing pretend
    pillow fight
    nursery rhymes
    and new event sleep over

teen stuff
    zits
    magazines
    skateboarding

teen interactions
    dingdong ditch
    spray painting things
    running away

wedding cakes
    a six pack of juice
    slow dance
    a psychiatrist to go to
    midlife crisis

confess to cheating
    ask why you ran away
    talk about family
    an adopt a child whim

toddler stuff
    toy drums
    rocking horse
    toddler interactions
    get rocked to sleep
    peek a boo

baby interactions
    spiting up on sims
    being song to sleep

When I think of elders I think of the 80 and 90 year olds but even those are smutill healthy nowadays if they've avoided the health hazards of drink, drugs and smoking! Canes and sticks are useful on country walks to help yourself get up if you fall but a lot of elderly people around me (I live near a National Park) use two of them to do power walking!

a lot of older people I know do use Cains and the reason I want knitting is because I like it
    also I mean you probably wont see them unless you go to a museum but back in the day they use to make beautiful quilts
    and they started them on making quilts for there dolls so when they got older they were amazing at it
    when you see someone making something as well and as fast as they do to a child it looks like magic
    and I really like rocking chairs not because there comfortable but because it was fun to play on as a child
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    deleted
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    For elders:
    We're not dead yet!

Teen
    • Prom
    • NPC teen hosting party
    • Sleepover + sleeping bags
    *School dance.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Movotti wrote: »
    For elders:
    We're not dead yet!

Teen
    • Prom
    • NPC teen hosting party
    • Sleepover + sleeping bags
    *School dance.

thank you @Movotti this is a great thread @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruGrant @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruRomeo @SimGuruPJ this has so many ideas for elders when you guys are ready to do work on them @EA_Mage
    I also think other simmer would enjoy this thread so I'm suggesting it for Friday highlight
  • Options
    ant farm I want it back
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    elder stuff
    rocking chair
    knitting
    canes
    and bingo
    interactions for elders

got your nose
    pull my finger

kid stuff
    bunk beds
    costume chest
    slides and sandboxes

interactions for kids

tag
    playing pretend
    pillow fight
    nursery rhymes
    and new event sleep over

teen stuff
    zits
    magazines
    skateboarding

teen interactions
    dingdong ditch
    spray painting things
    running away

wedding cakes
    a six pack of juice
    slow dance
    a psychiatrist to go to
    midlife crisis

confess to cheating
    ask why you ran away
    talk about family
    an adopt a child whim

toddler stuff
    toy drums
    rocking horse
    toddler interactions
    get rocked to sleep
    peek a boo

baby interactions
    spiting up on sims
    being song to sleep

I like some of your ideas.

I wish they did this pack , its really neeeded
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    edited September 2018
    EMZ_1 wrote: »
    We have parenthood
    So I dont know if we will get another family GP\EP

generations would be more than just parenting

newborns
    toddlers
    kids
    teens
    young adults
    adults
    elders

it would have multiple features from baby to elder.

• Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    edited September 2018
    I've asked TheSweetToddler to make a kids playing on Spring rider animation and she'll do it. : ) She makes great animations.
    I can also convert the toddlers animations on the slide to kids.

AQjnOdW.jpg

coM2Pnd.jpg
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes. So glad someone mentioned Generations. I miss Generations. Sorry but I have a long list of suggestions.... so bear with me.
    Here's some ideas of mine.

CAS wise:
    • A new body hair category, for both males and females
    • New relationships: Girlfriend, Boyfriend, Fiance/Fiancee, Step relations (that also show up in live mode's list of relationships AND the family tree. Don't want step relations to have "acquaintance" in live mode)
    • Faithful/loyal trait (to obliterate the possibility of our sim flirting with just anyone, if in a committed relationship. At my sim's wedding, their very married parent was flirting with their son-in-law all because she was feeling flirty!) -- just make it an aspiration reward trait
    • For skin details, birth marks and color swatches for the differing skin tones

Gameplay wise:
    • Shaving interaction with the body hair (like necrodog's shaving mod)
    • Honeymoons (after marriage, our sims could have the option to have a honeymoon and choose the duration for how long they want that honeymoon to last -- e.g. 2-14 days -- this will give them paid personal time off vacation. They could have a Flirty moodlet of +1 or +2 and it lasts as long as the honeymoon/vacation. They could use this to travel to JA or OR worlds or do whatever they please really)
    • Retirement Party Event for our elder sims who retire
    • Toddler Swings (reference image 1 & they could even introduce a semi-new swing set attached to the slides that came with Toddler stuff; reference image 2)
    • Like OP, more playground equipment. Seesaws, spring rides, centrifun, hopscotch
    • Graduations Parties for teens (& they can be given graduation gifts, such as paintings, cards -- this could be a new gameplay interaction item, simoleon gift cards that'll sit in the teen's inventory for however long they desire -- they could use these funds to help with college later or to save for their own place or just add it to their household inventory with their parents, tablets, game consoles, books, computers, hobby items, etc). These parties could include new positive moodlets, such as happy and/or inspired.
    • New boardgame item that up to 4 people can play at once. This could be a family tradition and would go hand-in-hand with Seasons, where we add a Family Game night holiday (with this, the team could add play boardgames as a tradition).

Returns from Sims 3:
    • Treehouses (I made a thread about the return of these bad boys before)
    • The Rockinghorse , which could be available for both kids & toddlers (for toddlers, they could require help like how parents monitor them in Seasons' swimming pools)
    • After school activities (since we already have scouts in Sims 4 from Seasons, bring back ballet and skill-related activities for teens)
    • Bachelor Party/Bachelorette Party Events with toasting, congratulating interactions
    • And like OP said, sleepover events
    • Anniversaries (with us now having Seasons, if a year goes by while our sim is married, they get a pop-up notification: "It's [name] & [name]'s [insert ordinal number here] wedding anniversary! Take a work day off, go on vacation, go on a date, throw a party, watch movies! Spend time with your spouse. Celebrate going another year strong!" And our sims may get text messages from relatives or close friends congratulating them on their anniversary. Also, this could include a new interaction "Enthuse over wedding anniversary" and a happy moodlet that'll last 24 hours. The moodlet could say: Happy +5 Anniversary (From Wedding Anniversary) "[insert name] has spent another year strong married with their spouse. Here's to hoping for another year!" Also, work anniversaries would be nice as well!
    • Nurturing, Rebellious traits
    • Toy oven for kids (the kids could gain for the Creative aspiration from baking cupcakes, brownies, pies, cookies & if the creative aspiration is complete, they'll no longer bake low quality goods and they can start at level 2-3 cooking level upon aging up to teen.... or if that's a little too much, they could just have the ability to bake period without involving that extra stuff)
    • Trampolines
    • Shower woohoo
    • Spiral stairs
    Post edited by Nomiko13 on
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    Yes. So glad someone mentioned Generations. I miss Generations. Sorry but I have a long list of suggestions.... so bear with me.
    Here's some ideas of mine.

CAS wise:
    • A new body hair category, for both males and females
    • New relationships: Girlfriend, Boyfriend, Fiance/Fiancee, Step relations (that also show up in live mode's list of relationships AND the family tree. Don't want step relations to have "acquaintance" in live mode)
    • Faithful/loyal trait (to obliterate the possibility of our sim flirting with just anyone, if in a committed relationship. At my sim's wedding, their very married parent was flirting with their son-in-law all because she was feeling flirty!) -- just make it an aspiration reward trait
    • For skin details, birth marks and color swatches for the differing skin tones

Gameplay wise:
    • Shaving interaction with the body hair (like necrodog's shaving mod)
    • Honeymoons (after marriage, our sims could have the option to have a honeymoon and choose the duration for how long they want that honeymoon to last -- e.g. 2-14 days -- this will give them paid personal time off vacation. They could have a Flirty moodlet of +1 or +2 and it lasts as long as the honeymoon/vacation. They could use this to travel to JA or OR worlds or do whatever they please really)
    • Retirement Party Event for our elder sims who retire
    • Toddler Swings (reference image 1 & they could even introduce a semi-new swing set attached to the slides that came with Toddler stuff; reference image 2)
    • Like OP, more playground equipment. Seesaws, spring rides, centrifun, hopscotch
    • Graduations Parties for teens (& they can be given graduation gifts, such as paintings, cards -- this could be a new gameplay interaction item, simoleon gift cards that'll sit in the teen's inventory for however long they desire -- they could use these funds to help with college later or to save for their own place or just add it to their household inventory with their parents, tablets, game consoles, books, computers, hobby items, etc). These parties could include new positive moodlets, such as happy and/or inspired.
    • New boardgame item that up to 4 people can play at once. This could be a family tradition and would go hand-in-hand with Seasons, where we add a Family Game night holiday (with this, the team could add play boardgames as a tradition).

Returns from Sims 3:
    • Treehouses (I made a thread about the return of these bad boys before)
    • The Rockinghorse , which could be available for both kids & toddlers (for toddlers, they could require help like how parents monitor them in Seasons' swimming pools)
    • After school activities (since we already have scouts in Sims 4 from Seasons, bring back ballet and skill-related activities for teens)
    • Bachelor Party/Bachelorette Party Events with toasting, congratulating interactions
    • And like OP said, sleepover events
    • Like OP mentioned, more playground equipment (seesaws,
    • Anniversaries (with us now having Seasons, if a year goes by while our sim is married, they get a pop-up notification: "It's [name] & [name]'s [insert ordinal number here] wedding anniversary! Take a work day off, go on vacation, go on a date, throw a party, watch movies! Spend time with your spouse. Celebrate going another year strong!" And our sims may get text messages from relatives or close friends congratulating them on their anniversary. Also, this could include a new interaction "Enthuse over wedding anniversary" and a happy moodlet that'll last 24 hours. The moodlet could say: Happy +5 Anniversary (From Wedding Anniversary) "[insert name] has spent another year strong married with their spouse. Here's to hoping for another year!" Also, work anniversaries would be nice as well!
    • Nurturing, Rebellious traits
    • Toy oven for kids (the kids could gain for the Creative aspiration from baking cupcakes, brownies, pies, cookies & if the creative aspiration is complete, they'll no longer bake low quality goods and they can start at level 2-3 cooking level upon aging up to teen.... or if that's a little too much, they could just have the ability to bake period without involving that extra stuff)
    • Trampolines
    • Shower woohoo
    • Spiral stairs

also high school graduations
    prom
    private school, including headmaster visit.
    home day care
    strollers, baby baths, bouncer
    potions making desk
    slumber party's, sleepovers
    new content for newborns
    bingo
    garage sale
    walking stick
    shopping for food!!!
    trash compactor
    house phone
    newpaper, paper boy/girl

• Options
    I want the head master back to that was fun
  • Options
    marcel21 wrote: »
    prom
    home day care
    potions making desk
    new content for newborns
    bingo
    garage sale
    walking stick
    shopping for food!!!
    trash compactor
    house phone
    newpaper, paper boy/girl

High school graduations would also be a nice addition. Though, I dunno if they'll patch that in or add it to University.

All the ideas are also good! But I have one question, when you mention strollers, you mean as clutter or functional or both? I can imagine some of the simming community not seeing the use in them because of Sims 4 not having open world, but I can possibly see a work around for that if our sims could stroll them around the semi-open neighborhood.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    prom
    home day care
    potions making desk
    new content for newborns
    bingo
    garage sale
    walking stick
    shopping for food!!!
    trash compactor
    house phone
    newpaper, paper boy/girl

High school graduations would also be a nice addition. Though, I dunno if they'll patch that in or add it to University.

All the ideas are also good! But I have one question, when you mention strollers, you mean as clutter or functional or both? I can imagine some of the simming community not seeing the use in them because of Sims 4 not having open world, but I can possibly see a work around for that if our sims could stroll them around the semi-open neighborhood.

could use the strollers the same way they walk the dog @Nomiko13
  • Options
    and the option to turn them off, since they aren't a thing in many parts of the world.
    prom
    No. A school dance, with the option to relabel it as whatever you want. Proms do not exist outside of america. We have school formals here in Australia, it's not even a dance, it's a formal dinner.
    newpaper, paper boy/girl
    Or maybe have it as a part time job for anyone, since kids don't deliver papers here, it's done by adults.

High school graduations would also be a nice addition.
    No. They're a terrible idea to have forced into your game.
    Why not have a muck up day or a school formal instead?

• Options
    and the option to turn them off, since they aren't a thing in many parts of the world.
    prom
    No. A school dance, with the option to relabel it as whatever you want. Proms do not exist outside of america. We have school formals here in Australia, it's not even a dance, it's a formal dinner.
    newpaper, paper boy/girl
    Or maybe have it as a part time job for anyone, since kids don't deliver papers here, it's done by adults.

whats a muck up day ? @movotti
  • Options
    prom
    newpaper, paper boy/girl

a lot of places do have high school graduations japan France Ireland the united states and more
  • Options
    whats a muck up day ?

It's usually at the end of year 12, when you get to muck up at school, and pull pranks. It's a school leaving tradition where I'm from.

a lot of places do have high school graduations japan France Ireland the united states and more
    And many don't.
    Why should everyone be forced to have it? Why not have it as optional, rather than a forced part of the game? Why not have multiple options? Why be limited to only on version of things?

• Options
    whats a muck up day ?

It's usually at the end of year 12, when you get to muck up at school, and pull pranks. It's a school leaving tradition where I'm from.

And many don't.
    Why should everyone be forced to have it? Why not have it as optional, rather than a forced part of the game? Why not have multiple options? Why be limited to only on version of things?

muck up day sounds fun I wouldn't mind if they let us do more things I just thought you meant ether or @Movotti
    I'm always up for more stuff the more the better
  • Options

That's a matter of opinion. I want them to return since they were in Sims 3 and because the Sims 4 teens are stale as is, honestly.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    HerenyaHerenya Posts: 18 Member
    Yesyesyes I would love this!!
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I thought Parenthood was supposed to be the "Generations" of this iteration?