Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPC Careers

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Hi,

sims.get_sim_id_by_name [yoursimfirstname] [yoursimlastname] : Get the SimID of the NPC
    careers.add_career [NPC career] [SimID] : Assign a career to the NPC

For example : careers.add_career polli 329330112625249404

careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Fisherman
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_HomeChef
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Librarian
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Maid
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Mailman
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Nanny
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_PizzaDelivery
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Repair
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Gym_Trainer
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Barista
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Bartender
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Gardener_Service

careers.add_career Adult_NPC_GrimReaper
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_TragicClown

careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Ranger

careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Pollinator

careers.add_career Adult_NPC_YogaInstructor_Venue
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Reflexologist
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_MassageTherapist
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_MassageTherapist_Service

careers.add_career Adult_NPC_DJ

i wish we didn't need to use cheats for that but the game would be designed advanced & comfortable enough to do that in manage households
    or even better
    if sims could be playable, assigned to those career roles & going to work as usual while they still incorporate those roles when i don't play the household

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited July 2016
    For those wanting to get non-selectable text from their screen, then you need this nifty utility:

CaptureToText
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/capture2text/files/Capture2Text/Capture2Text_v3.9/

Open source as well :)

Works in the game as long as it is windowed/borderless windowed
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    For those wanting to get non-selectable text from their screen, then you need this nifty utility:

CaptureToText
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/capture2text/files/Capture2Text/Capture2Text_v3.9/

Open source as well :)

Works in the game as long as it is windowed/borderless windowed

SWEET! Consider it grabbed.

I recommend reading the README file... very helpful. :)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2016
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Did not know that.. very nice! I wont be using it now, but good to know
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    When I move mailmen into homes, they seem to lose their jobs. Does this work for housed Sims becoming mailmen?

@luthienrising I think that may be something EA has changed recently. I USED to be able to map mailmen and they'd still keep the job as long as I left them unplayed. More recently, though, that's changed so that as soon as they hit the map, they quit the job.

I am not a fan.

MC 2.13.0 may have something for it when it comes out, though. Deaderpool's been overhauling various things, mostly Population I think, but Careers has gotten some recent attention, too. No ETA on 13, other than since we've had 12 for over a month now, I'd guess "soon."

Jupp. Same thing for me. I used to pust the mailman/woman in a separate lot if I liked them, did this again in the current save and the mailman and gymtrainer lost their job. Will try the cheat I guess :smile:
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited July 2016
    Would be nice if NPCs kept their Careers even after being apart of an Active Household - even if the only ones they keep are the non-service ones. I guess promotions and rewards are the only problems.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    KieuanaKieuana Posts: 4 New Member
    @LeGardePourpre I have testingcheats on and I double checked the sims number just to be sure and it still didn't work. I've used Siminfo and tried to call npc or go to the lot where they spawn but it just assigns a random character.
  • Options
    MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    I have the same issue as above I put in testingcheats on then I do career_Adult_NPC_Gardener_Service (the Id of the sim) then I hit enter nothing pops up in the text box, then I will call and hire a gardener, when they come, its some random
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I rarely use typed cheats, but rather rely on the UI stuff in UI cheats and MCCC stuff. I'm lazy and play on a big TV from a comfy chair, so it is nice controlling the whole game with just a mouse :)

With career NPCs, I simply edit them on the fly - Load lot, do stuff, NPC appears, Select them...MC Command | Modify in CAS....
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2016
    @Kieuana @MinecraftdSimmer I have some questions :

- Which NPC careers did you try ?
    - Who do you choose, a sim from a played household or non-played household ?

When I tried the cheat code with SimID, there was no notification.
    The NPC townies were walking in the neighborhood, my sim asked their career and the NPC townies answered the NPC job that I assigned to them earlier.

ingame32.jpg
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    i wish we didn't need to use cheats for that but the game would be designed advanced & comfortable enough to do that in manage households
    or even better
    if sims could be playable, assigned to those career roles & going to work as usual while they still incorporate those roles when i don't play the household

I agree! I posted a thread about this in the Ideas Corner - I think it would be fantastic if we had the option to 'Manage Neighbourhood' as well as 'Manage Households' and assign NPC careers to Sims the same way that played Sims in TS2 could be a 'Retail Employee' with TS2:OFB - when you run the business, they show up and do their job; when you visit the business, they show up and do their job; when you play them, they disappear into a rabbit hole career like any other from 9 to 5. I would LOVE if TS4 added this functionality!
  • Options
    MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    @Kieuana @MinecraftdSimmer I have some questions :

- Which NPC careers did you try ?
    - Who do you choose, a sim from a played household or non-played household ?

When I tried the cheat code with SimID, there was no notification.
    The NPC townies were walking in the neighborhood, my sim asked their career and the NPC townies answered the NPC job that I assigned to them earlier.

ingame32.jpg

I have been trying to do it to some different people. I did it to both Eric and Alice Lewis. I have not played them
  • Options
    KieuanaKieuana Posts: 4 New Member
    @LeGardePourpre Tried trainer and maid and they didn't work. They were also unplayed, tried housing and not housing and it didn't work. Tried it again today while disabling script mods and had no luck. The cheat works with active sims but as soon as I attach a SIM ID it doesn't do anything. Thanks anyway for the help.
  • Options
    eablevinseablevins Posts: 30 Member
    Some more NPC jobs. I've found that Bartender isn't working for me, but the following work with the appropriate packs:

careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Butler

careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Producer
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Wardrobe
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Hair
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Camera
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_SpecialEffects

careers.add_career Adult_NPC_Paparazzi

I'll add any new ones I find here.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @eablevins Got one for you to add:
    careers.add_career career_Adult_NPC_FatherWinter

needs to be combined with

Traits.equip_trait trait_HolidayTradition_FatherWinter

A few others I noticed not on your page:
    For Adoption Officer:
    traits.equip_trait isAdoptionOfficer
    careers.add_career AdoptionOfficer

For Landlord:
    traits.equip_trait isRepair
    traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_Landlord
    careers.add_career career_Adult_NPC_Landlord

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods