Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened with these AMAZING concept arts ?

Comments

• Options
    HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    edited October 2015

Its a shame though, you look on Sims wiki and it shows each neighbourhood or world since TS1, and each Sims game they look better until you get to TS4 and you see that greyed out world and I am left thinking 'Fifteen years and that's all they gave us?'

:disappointed:

Maybe if they havent wasted their time on the online project but instead worked on the Sims 4 the whole time we would have open neighborhoods or even an improved open world, up to Sims 3 there was a clear line of improvements and new features in each of the Sims game but on the Sims 4 we were thrown back to somewhere in between Sims 2 and Sims 3.
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited October 2015
    Remember this early world concept? I wouldn't mind having this... It looks thriving and vibrant, unlike the maps we have right now.

maxresdefault.jpg
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Remember this early world concept? I wouldn't mind having this... It looks thriving and vibrant, unlike the maps we have right now.

maxresdefault.jpg
    Yes, it's like they underestimated the fact when you play this game you want to have the sense of stepping into a world, instead of going to play a computer game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member

maxresdefault.jpg

So even the original Olympus had terrain tools?
    I can see mountains and elevated grounds.

What made the developers ditch the terrain tools? Cost?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    batmansrobinbatmansrobin Posts: 146 Member
    The Sims 4 is already like that. o:)

You can do whatever your heart desires in the Sims 4. B)

'Cept take your baby for a stroll.
    tumblr_n801qpC3jx1qknma4o5_500.png
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

Or drive a car around the neighborhood.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    Slawfish wrote: »
    I think the in game version is beautifully made, you can clearly see the inspiration that comes from the concept art :)

10-03-15_2-02-45%25C2%25A0PM.png
    10-03-15_2-03-03%25C2%25A0PM.png
    10-03-15_2-04-00%25C2%25A0PM.png
    10-03-15_2-05-57%25C2%25A0PM.png

Looks stunning from the routable angle :flushed:

It sucks that we cant explore it though :'(
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member

Or drive a car around the neighborhood.

Or go around the neighborhood in general..

• Options
    edited October 2015

And taking your toddler for a stroll, to the other side of town, dressed in an orange flowered t-shirt and an aubergine coloured skirt, in a polka dotted buggy.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Hopeinen wrote: »

Its a shame though, you look on Sims wiki and it shows each neighbourhood or world since TS1, and each Sims game they look better until you get to TS4 and you see that greyed out world and I am left thinking 'Fifteen years and that's all they gave us?'

Maybe if they havent wasted their time on the online project but instead worked on the Sims 4 the whole time we would have open neighborhoods or even an improved open world, up to Sims 3 there was a clear line of improvements and new features in each of the Sims game but on the Sims 4 we were thrown back to somewhere in between Sims 2 and Sims 3.

Well said!

That is exactly how I see it :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

And taking your toddler for a stroll, to the other side of town, dressed in an orange flowered t-shirt and an aubergine coloured skirt, in a polka dotted buggy.
    Someone disagreed! I wait for the picture proof :mrgreen:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I don't see any point in having something 'stunning' in the game that you can't walk thru, or have your sims visit. It is a shame they gave up on the open world concept. Seems a shame that the backdrop appears prettier than the actual neighborhood the sims live in. I'd much rather live in the backdrop.

I agree here. It is only wasting time and resources on something that would not make much difference to gameplay
    The open world was ditched because of cost. they did not want to spend anything on this game. As if they knew its fate already!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I don't see any point in having something 'stunning' in the game that you can't walk thru, or have your sims visit. It is a shame they gave up on the open world concept. Seems a shame that the backdrop appears prettier than the actual neighborhood the sims live in. I'd much rather live in the backdrop.

I agree here. It is only wasting time and resources on something that would not make much difference to gameplay
    The open world was ditched because of cost. they did not want to spend anything on this game. As if they knew its fate already!

Instead they give us 'you rule' and a 'deeper connection' and my personal favourite 'rich and stunning new experience' which has been left open to debate

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited October 2015
    I wouldn't be surprised if the first concept art makes its way to the game soon. They mentioned this as a game pack idea in an old survey.
    Ocean Cliffs:
    High cliffs and serene seas surround a vibrant Mediterranean island port. Charter a fishing boat, dive for pearls, or relax at a picturesque nude beach.

The concept art is basically a replica of Cinque Terre, which has a nude beach. It fits the game pack description perfectly.

tumblr_my98jcWzVu1sh6xelo2_1280.jpg
    JlKZVLW.jpg

qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if the first concept art makes its way to the game soon. They mentioned this as a game pack idea in an old survey.
    Ocean Cliffs:
    High cliffs and serene seas surround a vibrant Mediterranean island port. Charter a fishing boat, dive for pearls, or relax at a picturesque nude beach.

The concept art is basically a replica of Cinque Terre, which has a nude beach. It fits the game pack description perfectly.

JlKZVLW.jpg
    Thanks, now I know what it reminded me of! When I think of Cinque Terre by the way I think of those beautifully coloured houses, the blue sea, the clear sky, the sun, the food. Nude beach?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    edited October 2015
    I'd much rather endure a load screen and then be able to go into the venue with my sim and experience it with them.

& I can explore neighborhoods and hidden areas in the sims 4 if I want.

Really? So you could never enter and enjoy the museum, the library, the public pool and then the ranch, the clubs, bars etc? You know you could actually do that without a loading screen in the Sims 3. Just to state a fact that you seem to have forgotten while praising the Sims 4.

bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
    LOVE those concept arts! They need to come into the game ASAP! As for the gorgeous neighborhoods, those are the way they are....they won't change, and while it sucks they are more pretty than the actual game, we should just take them for what they are: backdrops, not could-have-been playable area.
    "I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    @elelunicy

Good catch! That is an exact replica of it, just curious how did you catch that? Do you happen to just know the area or something? Lol either way it's impressive the catch
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    There were more concepts and this one looks gorgeous... I am sad they didn't apply it to the game:((
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options

Instead they give us 'you rule' and a 'deeper connection' and my personal favourite 'rich and stunning new experience' which has been left open to debate

Oh yes we rule every day:)))) under Rachel Franklin and management's clapping;)))
    00.jpg

Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Ocean Cliffs:

JlKZVLW.jpg

I would love love love and adore this world <3333
    00.jpg

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    It wasn't a part of "the vision."