The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened with these AMAZING concept arts ?

Comments

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited October 2015
    I think many of their work on the scenery was just wasted. The proof is there are many players who did not even notice this in the game. If this was an area where your sims can go to it would have been a different story.

If not Rabbit holes at least that area would have been an additional neighborhood!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Rabbit holes?
    michael-scott-no.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I think many of their work on the scenery was just wasted. The proof is there are many players who did not even notice this in the game. If this was an area where your sims can go to it would have been a different story.

If not Rabbit holes at least that area would have been an additional neighborhood!

Magnolia Promenade? Hello.

03-13-15_11-50-AM-3.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I'd much rather endure a load screen and then be able to go into the venue with my sim and experience it with them.

& I can explore neighborhoods and hidden areas in the sims 4 if I want.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    The second one made it into game? Must not resemble the concept version because it hasn't made a lasting impression with me. I don't remember it at all.

It's KIND OF in the game. The lighting is way different, which makes a difference. Lighting is major, as most people can tell you.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    Slawfish wrote: »
    I think the in game version is beautifully made, you can clearly see the inspiration that comes from the concept art :)

10-03-15_2-05-57%25C2%25A0PM.png

Looks stunning from the routable angle :flushed:

It does look absolutely beautiful at night time, I must admit!

So many bar night jokes come to mind with this setup... and they all apply to TS4 if it were a woman (or a man). :trollface:
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I made those concept art pieces into CC so that my Sims can enjoy them even though they'll never be able to visit them. ):
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I think the in game version is beautifully made, you can clearly see the inspiration that comes from the concept art :)

10-03-15_2-02-45%25C2%25A0PM.png
    10-03-15_2-03-03%25C2%25A0PM.png
    10-03-15_2-04-00%25C2%25A0PM.png

Is it real? You can play those houses?

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member

Is it real? You can play those houses?
    They are just decoration.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,976 Member
    That looks decidedly European. How do we even know it's not in use? The next EP, Get Together is supposed to have a new 'area'. I won't call it a town, since all we really have are neighborhoods, but we're supposed to get a new one of a European flavor.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Lady SugarLady Sugar Posts: 201 Member
    I'd much rather endure a load screen and then be able to go into the venue with my sim and experience it with them.

& I can explore neighborhoods and hidden areas in the sims 4 if I want.

Experience what ? lol
    tumblr_o37da4s0cH1tqr095o1_500.gif
    "Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"
    -"Invitation" Britney Spears.

R.I.P The Sims.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    That concept art looks great, but by the look of it would be used for backdrops rather than for a neighborhood. It looks too narrow and big to be an actual neighborhood. I agree it looks gorgeous.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member

i wish we could live in that area
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    The second one made it into game? Must not resemble the concept version because it hasn't made a lasting impression with me. I don't remember it at all.

I think this background decoration is supposed to resemble the concept art in the second picture.

e.png

It doesn't look exactly the same, but it's the only area in Willow Creek that looks anything like the concept version. :)

You know, I honestly never paid attention to it. I guess since it's only a backdrop I never bothered to look. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    ArcanaJArcanaJ Posts: 63 Member
    > @Simfan923 said:
    > Well most concept art don't make it to the final product. It's just how it is.

I would amend that to say that most concept art doesn't make it into the final product right away. Some doesn't make it at all, but some doesn't appear until long after the initial release.
    "No mater what happens Mon-Fri, if I can wake up on Saturday without having beaten someone to death with my keyboard, it was a good week."
    -Me
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    ArcanaJ wrote: »
    > @Simfan923 said:
    > Well most concept art don't make it to the final product. It's just how it is.

I would amend that to say that most concept art doesn't make it into the final product right away. Some doesn't make it at all, but some doesn't appear until long after the initial release.

Well in this case, this concept art didn't make the cut.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

Those are stunning, @Slawfish. What is the "routable" angle?
  • Options
    MulecatMulecat Posts: 59 Member
    What happened to that concept art?

The artist got depressed so made this instead:

20140805-creatorscamp-snw-19.jpg?itok=BScceEAl

:disappointed:

lol yeah so sad but true :p