The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened with these AMAZING concept arts ?

Do you remember when these concept arts were leaked ?
JlKZVLW.jpg
sims4-artwork_1.jpg

Oh man, i was so hyped... What happened with those amazing concept art ? They looked so amazing and hyped me a lot!
tumblr_o37da4s0cH1tqr095o1_500.gif
"Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"
-"Invitation" Britney Spears.

R.I.P The Sims.

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The Sims 4 is already like that. o:)

You can do whatever your heart desires in the Sims 4. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,698 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Well most concept art don't make it to the final product. It's just how it is.

I agree with this. Concept art sometimes can be used for pitching as well. So, of course the artist must make it look really good.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    We might see them one day in some EP, we might not. Only time will tell.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I would like to know what happened too. That first world was so gorgeous and I remember how I desperately wanted to play in that world. O well guess it was just for show and hype
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Yeah, the second image already is in the game, but I hope we'll see the first one at some point in the future! I would love a mediterranean world!
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    too expensive
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    The second one made it into game? Must not resemble the concept version because it hasn't made a lasting impression with me. I don't remember it at all.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I would LOVE a game with that kind of detailed architecture - both modern and historic buildings! That would really be amazing, but I know it's not happening:(
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    The Sims 4 is already like that. o:)

You can do whatever your heart desires in the Sims 4. B)

Oh stop it. You have me singing again :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5xMBflnJqY
  • Options
    ShimmyShimmyYaShimmyShimmyYa Posts: 545 Member
    That city looks gorgeous! I want! I want!
    thnom_nom.gif

• Options
    Lovelyleeks11Lovelyleeks11 Posts: 104 Member
    Slawfish wrote: »
    I think the in game version is beautifully made, you can clearly see the inspiration that comes from the concept art :)

10-03-15_2-05-57%25C2%25A0PM.png

Looks stunning from the routable angle :flushed:

It does look absolutely beautiful at night time, I must admit!
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    The first one I don't have a clue and I would have no idea how that would even fit in the game, the second one however is actually in the game I believe.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Today's games are replicating real life building structures in the game
    See what Assassin's Creed Unity developers made here. These companies are ready to spend enough on their AAA games unlike EA which is treating the best selling PC game like a Z grade game
    assassins-creed-tour-2014-10-05-01.jpg

Even the first Assassin's Creed game which was released in 2007 has better town structure that looks more populated and the lots are not looking isolated like in the sims.

14jksr64.jpg

I guess we are never going to see worlds that are crowded with buildings.

I would never compare Assassin's Creed to The Sims.
    They're two very very veeery different games, and the world has a very very veeery different role in them.
    I play Assassin's Creed for the beauty of the worlds, parkouring on every single beautiful building and the very plot, while The Sims for... the sims, their personalities, creating families, friendships, relationships - which are... nope, not the world at all.
    The npcs in Assassin's Creed are basically the dumbest npcs ever, but the npcs sims spawned in game are just as relavant as your own sim, as interesting and unique.

One thing that I would have really appreciated, tho, is if in TS4 the single lots or neighborhoods were treated just as in Assassin's Creed - all open, but at the same time "separated/isolated" from each other. In TS4 they have definitely fixed the problem of not seeing almost any sim at all wherever you decided to go, which created some pretty boring ghost towns in TS3... but at the same time- yeah, they should find a way to make this thing work while re-opening the lots, that would be the greatest thing.
    I hope they'll open the world once again in the future, but without losing this progress.

I'm not comparing the games. I am only comparing world structure. The sims game for a long time had mainly square lots for buildings that have a big space between them. There is no chance to have plots and buildings sticking to each other and more crowded lots like in Assassin's Creed world. Something more similar to crowded cities or villages.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif