Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What life span do you play

I have it at normal and it seems to fly by so fast.
Anyone find it to short of time, seems like the kids just get age up to fast.
The teens is only 12 days
Do you play on the Long life span and does it seem to long or what.
What is the longest for your sims.
Child, Teen, YA and Adult, elders.

Comments

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Hi Evalen! I play on Long lifespan, any other length seems way too short. Unfortunately the child stage is a whopping 20+ days but oh well. I used to play on the short side of the epic lifespan in S3. There's just too much to do to use short or normal.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Due to friends status decaying too fast and bugged beloved trait I'm on no aging setting.
    Will keep at it until they fix issues. Or until I get so bored I uninstall.
  • Options
    YurusumajiYurusumaji Posts: 175 Member
    I also play on Long lifespan. If I'm on a different save and not running a legacy, then sometimes I will turn aging off to give myself time to accomplish goals and do what I want to do with that sim before I turn aging back on.
  • Options
    DezCorderoDezCordero Posts: 153 Member
    I like it on normal mostly, but I don't get terribly attached to individual Sims. I like to move them on, find lives, realize goals and so on. Sometimes I get a favorite for awhile, but by the time their elders, I'm ready to move on, lol

My favorite age is young adult though. So much promise to realize :)

Dez
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    I play normal and it seems to drag for me. The elders, especially, seem to hang on forever. My teens are 13 days and it's plenty time to get their grades up and set up some skills for a future career. My longest elder was something like 165-166 days. Too long for me since I was already in the third gen and it was getting too crowded.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Normal. I leave it alone.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'd love to see them add the individual age adjustment per life stage like they did in Sims3. I think that would be a huge help.
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    I have it on normal, and it seems to be taking forever to get my teen to an adult. I want the slide bar back. My ideal life span is this:

Baby - 3
    Toddler - 4
    Child - 10
    Teen - 10
    YA - 30
    Adult - 30
    Elder - 2 lol
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    edited September 2014
    I play on long lifespan. Normal is too short for me. But I hope they add a age slider like Sims 3 so that I can adjust a lifespan that is between normal and long.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    It is just about what I had in Sims 3 also. Only my child was a little longer.
    I hope that they come back with this, so we can play each at a different life span, I liked it like that.
    Although I like the elders now, so I would give them a little more time in Sims 4
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Normal currently but I age the baby up right away (I still hate that object)
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    LisaHahnLisaHahn Posts: 171 Member
    I did have it on long lifespan, but just turned aging off when i went back into the game..
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I always played it normal but felt that wasn't long enough. When I tried long lifespan, it said 80 days till my YA aged to Adult? wow, that seemed too long so I went back to normal.

I miss my sliders from TS3, my ya/adult age was set at 40.

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    sarahzsmyl wrote: »
    I have it on normal, and it seems to be taking forever to get my teen to an adult. I want the slide bar back. My ideal life span is this:

Baby - 3
    Toddler - 4
    Child - 10
    Teen - 10
    YA - 30
    Adult - 30
    Elder - 2 lol

:D couldn't help but crack up at the Elder span! I had mine set for 17 and I thought I was being nice ;)

• Options
    SimBunnySimBunny Posts: 58 Member
    I agree @Evalen. Mine is on normal and it feels like its flying by faster than any Sims game. I think I'll put it on long and age them up up when I'm ready.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm playing on normal lifespan. I haven't been finding it too short, but then maybe I'm less ambitious in my gameplay than I could be!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    mngrrl35mngrrl35 Posts: 6 New Member
    I have one on normal and one I play with no aging.
  • Options
    I dunno why my post didn't go through sooo I am reposting just in case.
    I play in Long, and boy it SUUUREE is LONG!

In sims 3 I set it up like this:

Baby - 5
    Toddler - 10
    Child - 20
    Teen - 30
    YA - 50
    Adult - 50
    Elder - 10
    Death - INFINITE!!!11

If there's 2 posts on this I apologize, because I didn't see it go through.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    Claret1011Claret1011 Posts: 297 Member
    I play normal at the moment, which I'm finding ok. I've always enjoyed seeing the family grow through the generations, but I am finding it hard not to have a family tree, which has always been my progress sheet :(
  • Options
    TheFoxOnTheWallTheFoxOnTheWall Posts: 23 New Member
    I have aging off normally, but if I do play with it on its normally on long. As others have said its just too short on normal.
  • Options
    meggera007meggera007 Posts: 382 Member
    I'm playing on Long. The other two options were too short for me to make sure all my Sims met their goals that I want them to meet.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    I always disable aging - just works best for how I like to play. Not a big legacy player but I may give that a go this time around.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    I have aging off so I can unlock some of the achievements like maxing all skills with one sim...this might take a while.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I prefer the Sims 3 life span as I played epic with YA- adult, and elder was all set at max days - the teens were set at 150 days, child at 75 days, toddler was 30 days, and newborn was 7. I wished i still had those kind of epic sliders. In sims 4 I choose the long - what ever that is anyway. But I like the longest life possible for my sims.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    Normal