Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What life span do you play

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    I'm playing on Normal which I find long enough for now :)
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I prefer the Sims 3 life span as I played epic with YA- adult, and elder was all set at max days - the teens were set at 150 days, child at 75 days, toddler was 30 days, and newborn was 7. I wished i still had those kind of epic sliders. In sims 4 I choose the long - what ever that is anyway. But I like the longest life possible for my sims.

I've considered doing a legacy on the Epic setting, but I think I'd get bored easily.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Zanku5Zanku5 Posts: 90 Member
    Normal, because im usually not too big on goals and play many homes. Playing on long would seem too long for me I think. I often use a cheat to age up teenagers, because often when they get to be teens I just want to move them out and play as them as adults. My elder stage sims at times end up left unplayed because their kids are the ones I pay attention to then. I enjoy having all stages tho even if I usually focus on adults.
  • Options
    AlichaiAlichai Posts: 17 New Member
    No Aging for me. I get personally attached to my Sims and don't care much for the baby making and family legacy aspects. If I get my favorite one to have like - all skills and all things and all the money in the world, I might turn it on.
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    I play it with long, I find it is about right. I have enough time to finish goals without feeling rushed. I miss "rule of 6" though!
  • Options
    I usually play aging off pretty much all the time. I like to take my time with stuff and get stuff done in certain life stages. Then I'll age up manually. I only turn on the aging when I'm playing a legacy family.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    For my main save, I have aging turned completely off, since the "aging off" cheat was always my go-to in TS2 when playing single adult sims. In my secondary save, where I'm testing family play, I have the aging set to Long, since there's a lot that I want to do and test in each life stage.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    Mine is on normal and it feels like everything is going too fast. My sims are halfway to being adults and they have yet to woohoo. One guy DOES have a GF and had his first kiss, so we're getting close lol. I'll probably wind up putting it on the longer life span for my next gen or household. In TS3 I always had it on the shorter side of the epic lifespan, I actually very rarely made it past one generation. I tend to bounce from house to house, let one household live for a few days or a week, make friends with other sims I've made and then switch to other households so that way they'll be around the same age when they get married/have kids. I really like the option of preventing other households from aging up so I can switch and focus on their careers/skill building. I also like how easy it is to switch between households... the house-hopping thing was very difficult to do in TS3 and I think that's ultimately what lead me to stop playing. I really wish we could customize the life spans like how they did in TS3. I want a longer life span, but not TOO long to where I never make it past one gen. How long is the long lifespan in TS4?
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I am currently playing Pinstar's legacy and so I am set to normal but in my other save where I rotate between families I have it set to Long and aging on. I was thinking of aging active family and keeping unplayed families aging. I might try that again so I don't miss birthdays and what not.

Normal seems to short if you plan to rotate at all and even if you don't ..I am not getting my Aspirations or much done in the legacy family. To say it is a challenge is an understatement. I am struggling with 5 kids just trying to make ends meet, get all needs met and homework done not to mention skill up and paint like a mad man to keep up with the bills. Plus both adults have jobs. I have a teen now, I might send him off to work LOL. I am getting desperate.

I think for a nice calm game I am going on long play and aging only active families. I still like for the town to age so that new people are transported in the town to keep it flowing.
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    I have it set to long. I really hope customizable age spans will make a comeback in the near future. Some stages last too long in the long lifespan, but the stages I like feel a little too short on the other ones.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    georgeishungrygeorgeishungry Posts: 94 Member
    I currently have it on normal, but I'm thinking about switching it to Long and then just aging them up when I'm bored of them.
    SMagazine is a magazine all about design and inspiration in The Sims, full of your creations, tips and interviews with people in the community (even SimGurus from time to time!)

smagazineofficial.co.uk
  • Options
    Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    I play with normal aging.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • Options
    KShannonKShannon Posts: 223 Member
    Normal for me. I like playing a generational style. Sort of a legacy without all the rules.
  • Options
    I_Luv_LindsayI_Luv_Lindsay Posts: 294 Member
    Long because I like my sims to age, but in the other life spans there really isn't enough time to achieve everything and still allow your sim some downtime at the end of it all.
    I'm the queen bee
  • Options
    SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    I play long too, I like to take my time with my sims lives, normal feels too short for me.
    E6Gi2HA.png
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I have it to Normal, but it seems too short, especially for the children, I can hardly complete their Aspirations on time.
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    I'll be honest. I didn't even know it had the option to change it in S4. lol. I usually play long life spans. so i have time to accomplish everything.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    I started on normal but that was too short. My sims became elders while the kids were still children. Mom died while the girls were in high school. I changed it to long. I also wish that there was a way to adjust individual ages/stages.
  • Options
    JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Hi Evalen! I play on Long lifespan, any other length seems way too short. Unfortunately the child stage is a whopping 20+ days but oh well. I used to play on the short side of the epic lifespan in S3. There's just too much to do to use short or normal.

This is what I do as well the others seems to short.

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Death Cheat and Aging off.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif