Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Once Upon A Time Contest -- Completed :)

Comments

• Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited April 2014
    Aerlinniel -- I have your household listed on the entry page :)...and my computer is in the shop now, lol. Your Tam Lin characters are great!

MolliesDollies -- I love, love, love your Emerald City and the characters from the Wizard of Oz (even cute little Toto)...everything looks great!

Peachy -- I love what you have for the 7th Door. It's a fairy tale I'm not familiar with, so I'm excited to learn more about it. Sorry about your photobucket woes!

warlockfemale -- I hope you get a chance to enter! With a 1,000 page book, I hope you find a couple of ideas! :wink:

Kkarichan -- Thank you for your second entry! It's absolutely stunning. It reminds me of the Grove Park Inn In Asheville, NC. Really quite beautiful :)

Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    KkarichanKkarichan Posts: 776 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks idontrcall for your lovely comments I wanted it to be a build that would be remembered it just sucks the game crashed before I got to save but tonight I plan to remake it using the photos for reference this time im going to save the game before I decorate the inside I just get so wrapped into my builds I forget to save sometimes. I have never heard of grove park inn nor have I seen it so its funny my castle looks like it.
  • Options
    Peachy1102Peachy1102 Posts: 728 Member
    edited April 2014
    Finished My entry all updated!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Idontrcall wrote:
    Aerlinniel -- I have your household listed on the entry page :)...and my computer is in the shop now, lol. Your Tam Lin characters are great!

MolliesDollies -- I love, love, love your Emerald City and the characters from the Wizard of Oz (even cute little Toto)...everything looks great!

Peachy -- I love what you have for the 7th Door. It's a fairy tale I'm not familiar with, so I'm excited to learn more about it. Sorry about your photobucket woes!

warlockfemale -- I hope you get a chance to enter! With a 1,000 page book, I hope you find a couple of ideas! :wink:

Kkarichan -- Thank you for your second entry! It's absolutely stunning. It reminds me of the Grove Park Inn In Asheville, NC. Really quite beautiful :)

I've fixed it I will finish the rest of my post but I've been fixing all my other entries for other contest! :)
  • Options
    MolliesDolliesMolliesDollies Posts: 525 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you LaLa & Rosemow! I redid the town area today, to make it more whimsical. Its getting there! I am leery of decorating all these buildings! I should have done a smaller lot lol! I am amazed at everyone's entries, they are Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! All these castles and cottages are adorable and wonderful!
    Now a proud member of the Own the Store Club!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    My sleeping beauty castle is done just got to decorate the inside and place the plant boxes between the windows and finish decorating the patios then itll be complete I tried my best to replicate the photos only thing different is the hedge garden/maze and the bridge.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    edited April 2014
    Very nicely and beautifully presented Fairytale story of Seventh Door! Peachy1102 :) It is great! Very nicely setting up of the different coloured rooms! Very nice photos and accompanying story in words! The pictures are very expressive and tell the story well. Each of the sims are very nice. Your portrayal of the Fairytale in simform using sims and the items that we have in our sims games is done so well! Very nice telling of the Fairytale story! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    Very nicely and beautifully presented Fairytale story of Seventh Door! Peachy1102 :) It is great! Very nicely setting up of the different coloured rooms! Very nice photos and accompanying story in words! The pictures are very expressive and tell the story well. Each of the sims are very nice. Your portrayal of the Fairytale in simform using sims and the items that we have in our sims games is done so well! Very nice telling of the Fairytale story! :)

Thank you Rosemow!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Alright i edited my sleeping beauty entry it now has pics of the sims and the link to the castle. Everyone enjoy the fruits of my labor my 3rd and final rebuild of the castle.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Your Sleeping Beauty sims are very nice Kkarichan :) Very nice shades of colours that you have used for their clothing. Nice types of outfits that they are wearing and it looks nice how you have recoloured them. Grace's wings look pretty. The skintone and the colour of Malificent's clothes looks great and suits the character.
    They are great sims :)
  • Options
    JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited April 2014
    Entry Form

User Name: JEREMYSIMS01

Fairy Tale Inspiration: Soria Moria Castle

Lot Name/Link: SORIA MORIA CASTLE http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8167718

Household Name/Link: SORIA MORIA HOUSEHOLD http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8167717

Pictures:

SM0_zpsafc83cc1.jpg

SM0-5B_zps5966569a.jpg

SM0-9_zps7ef862f0.jpg

SM2-4_zpse8973f64.jpg

SM3-3_zpsa2f880dc.jpg

SM4-1_zpscf34606b.jpg

Additional Media:

YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idmQH3-Loq8

Slideshow: http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/jdb2206/slideshow/Soria Moria

Synopsis:

Soria Moria Castle is a Norwegian Fairy Tale about a humble hero, Halvor, and his quest to fight the evil trolls in order to free a Princess and her two sisters. Halvor is aided in his quest by a magic ring that allows him to wish himself anywhere he wishes to be, and a pair of magic shoes that takes 20 miles a step. Once he is victorious in his battle against the trolls, Halvor may choose one of the Princesses as his bride. After he loses possession of the magic ring, he must somehow find his way back to Soria Moria Castle and the reunited Princesses.

For more on the story of Soria Moria Castle and the characters, see the Youtube video link above.
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The video had been presented so very well JEREMYSIMS01 ! :) I enjoyed watching it! You have told the Fairytale so very beautifully and nicely! It looks great how you have written the words on scrolls and in old fashioned font lettering !Very nicely done scenes of the story! It looks very nice how you have the prince riding on his horse towards the castle. The scenic backgrounds of Hidden Springs suits the story so well ! It looks great how you have done the scene where he fights the trolls. The purple and pink colour effects adds great atmosphere, and it looks great how you used the pit monster there! The troll type of rocks look great. The electricity sparks look great! It looks great how you have uses teleporting to make the sims disappear into thin air, and then also to suddenly appear. It was great how at the feast you had the jester jumping through the flames of the wheel. The glowing effect coming from the magic shoes looked great! The elderly witch woman that you created to help him find the castle and that he exchanged his horse for the shoes for is nice. It looks great how at the end of the video you presented the cast of sims and listed their traits , all written on scrolls. Very nice music to accompany the video which suits the video very much. Very nice scene in front of the wishing well where he presents the princess with the flowers and they are happy. It looks great how you have created the spinning wheel in the beginning section of the video, in keeping with the part of the Fairytale where there is the spinning wheel. It looks great how you have set up the scene where you have the prince about to drink from the nearby magic flask , and have swords nearby to attack the trolls with. It looks great how you have done the scenes where the prince is talking to the sims. The sims themselves are very nice! Very nice clothes that they are wearing. The colours that you have used for them look nice. It looks great that you have included gnomes as part of the cast ! Very nice design of the castle! The exterior of the castle looks so very nice and grand ! Great roofing! It looks great how you have done the windows ! Great outdoors areas! The landscaping looks very nice. Very grand furnishing of the interior of the castle! The patterns and colours that you have used for the interior walls look very nice! The dining room area looks great. Very nice type of dining table and seats you have used that suit well a castle . It looks great how you have placed the seats along the sides of the long table, so that many sims can sit and eat together at the same time. The knights at either end look great. There are so many great details through the build outdoors and inside!
    Very nice presented Fairytale, both in the video telling of the story, as well as in the castle build and the sims :)
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi everyone!

What a fantastic contest! I really HAVE to take part in it :x So I'm going to work my tail off to be in time :lol:

Btw, great creations, everyone :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I'll have to rec them all later :wink:

So, off I go!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2014
    Just stopped by to say how wonderful all the new builds and households are and how lovely it is to revisit these much loved fairy tales. :D
    MolliesDollies your Emerald Castle WIP looks wonderful and I love Dorothy ,Toto household.
    Kkarichan Two fantastic fairy Tales, Ariel is so pretty. :D
    Hi Peachy I am not familiar with this fairy tale. Its was beautifully presented,I love all your pretty sims and the wonderful colour themed rooms.
    Jeremysim :D Gorgeous castle so detailed in all its pretty jeweled colours. :D :thumbup:
    Left rec's for all. xox Folly
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    JEREMYSIMS01 - I am watching the You Tube video you made now, and Wow!! What a fantastic job! I wanted to pop in and say I'll be getting your entry listed after I finish the video but I didn't want to forget to ask ... how did you get the rubber duckies to float in the fountain?

Do they always do that? (3:06 your video) OMG -- I need to know how to do that, lol!!!

Thank you so much for your great entry!

:D

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks, Idontrcall. The rubber duckies do float in the fountain all the time. I placed a Fog Emitter in the fountain and used a code that was used in the Pets EP for one of the water obstacles. The code should be entered as ep5waterobstacleducky. If you place the Fog Emitter directly on the ground, the ducks are set too low in the water. I built a platform, set the Fog Emitter on top, and then deleted the platform. With the extra height, the ducks appear closer to the water surface and bob up and down.
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks folly for your comments and I admit my ariel is as close to the movie as possible
  • Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited April 2014

I love fairytales so I love this contest, Idon'trcall! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hi everyone! Here I am again as it's time for some WOWs :wink:

The contest is so inspiring and the entries are great :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Rec'd them all of course :wink:

Mstybl95, I wanted to rec your Rumpelstiltskin family and lot, but got "Dude, where's my car?" :( That's a nuisance as I really like your creation :thumbup:

HadesDragoness, your Fairy Tale The Old Witch reminds me on a Russian fairy tale Geese-Swans. Geese-Swans - yes, THAT were those birds called - kidnapped a toddler for Baba Yaga - a Russian witch - who was going to eat him. But his sister managed to save him. and the Apple Tree, the Oven and the Milky River helped them :D
    KleineMuff wrote:
    Great entries so far! :thumbup:

I just saw that leep's Peter Pan got featured on the German Sims 3 Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/dieSims/photos/a.120460748582.103498.81030138582/10152021676163583/?type=1&theater
    Congratulations, Leep!

Peachy, oh, I love this ballet! And your Odette is so gentle! I also love the Nutcracker by Tchaikovsky - I can do anything for the music, even sink in a river like a rat :mrgreen: I've been keen on Hoffman's tales, too. One of my favourite composers is Edvard Grieg as well. his Peer Gynt is awesome! Sorry, I'm too talkative :oops:

ACarron, the castle is fantastic! It looks as if it were really built of ice :thumbup:
    cmbaker16 wrote:

4kxlwp.jpg

Lovely picture!

Wyrren, it's so wonderful that people on the other side of the world know our fairy tale Snegurochka! I love it so much!
    Meg1626 wrote:
    13659914944_12ec7cd6b9.jpg
    WOW! :thumbup: I'm looking forward to seeing your fairy tale in the Exchange!

JEREMYSIMS, as I commented on your video, your Soria Moria is marvellous! :thumbup: I'm sorry that I'm not allowed to rec it twice :wink:

Rosie! You are sweet!

It took time to write that :shock: Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks, Idontrcall. The rubber duckies do float in the fountain all the time. I placed a Fog Emitter in the fountain and used a code that was used in the Pets EP for one of the water obstacles. The code should be entered as ep5waterobstacleducky. If you place the Fog Emitter directly on the ground, the ducks are set too low in the water. I built a platform, set the Fog Emitter on top, and then deleted the platform. With the extra height, the ducks appear closer to the water surface and bob up and down.
    Thanks for sharing :D I wish I knew more codes :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    chealsycat wrote:

Double thanks for sharing! I will have to try this little secret very soon :)
  • Options
    aitkens08aitkens08 Posts: 5,922 Member
    edited April 2014
    and I'm still continuing to be gob-smacked by everyone's entries!

they're fantastic! Keep em coming :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you follyfoot / chealsycat for your comments.
    chealsycat wrote:

There are several sites, including SimsVIP, that have listings of all the codes. The problem is that there are literally hundreds of them, and some either don't show up at all with the fog emitter, or are too fast or small to have a visual impact. SimEve1 has a series of videos on her YouTube channel that show the effects of various codes. Unfortunately, she stopped doing them with the later EPs because of the time involved. If I see a code that sounds interesting, I sometimes just try it out to see what I get.

@Idontrcall - I hope you are able to find some good uses for the code! :P

Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I put my household link on finally! so my entry is complete!