The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Once Upon A Time Contest -- Completed :)

Comments

• Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    edited April 2014
    User Name: Wyrren

Fairy Tale Inspiration: The Snow Child (or Snegurochka)

snowchild_zpsde4fc552.jpg

Lot Name/Link: Fairy Tale House (http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8138825)

Household Name/Link: Moroz (http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8138831)

Pictures:

8_zps1cc8fe51.jpg

13_zps889db2b0.jpg

9_zps3c823354.jpg

10_zps31d2ab10.jpg

11_zpsa6d93570.jpg

12_zps71469b89.jpg

Synopsis:
    Russian Fairy Tale. An elderly couple's wish comes true when their little girl of snow magically comes to life. Each spring the snow child must leave, but every winter she returns with the first snowfall and comes to life with a kiss.

Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    Serrano2015Serrano2015 Posts: 249 Member
    edited April 2014
    I love your fairy tale house, Wyrren! It's so rustic. Also, where is that canopy bed from? I don't think I've seen it before!
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited April 2014
    Wyrren -- Your entry looks so pretty! I'm getting ready to add it to the entry list :). Thank you so much!!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    aitkens08aitkens08 Posts: 5,922 Member
    edited April 2014
    great entries people! keep them coming :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you both! And ACarron, it's called Paradise Retreat Canopy Bed. I had to do a little digging around but found out it came with Sunlit Tides. =)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,710 Member
    edited April 2014
    The Moroz household of sims are very nice Wyrren :) It looks nice how you have done their faces and hair. Nice shade of blue that you have used for the little girls dress, and the blue and white suits her being a Winter snow child.
    Their Fairy Tale house is very nice. Great exterior of it. The wooden texture that you have used for the exterior and interior walls looks great. Nice photos of the house in Wintertime covered in snow , snow covered trees and with snow all around it on the ground.The snowmen and the igloo look great in the outdoors. Nice warming and homely furnishing of the interior of the house. Nice corner sitting nook in the living room for the sims to enjoy resting on the wicker seats and have a read of a book or a chat. The misty windows look great and add to the feel of the build. Great dining area. Nice type of dining seats and table that you have used which suits the type of home.The chicken and plates cabinet looks great there. It looks nice that you have placed daffodils beside the bed for sins to see when they wake up in the morning,Sims will enjoy skating on the ice pond,
    Great home and sims :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you very much, rose! That's so nice of you. <3
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited April 2014
    Wow all these entries are amazing! Great job everyone.
  • Options
    AerlinnielAerlinniel Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited April 2014
    I've got a slight issue in that my laptop just died. I'm going to try to get it fixed but I don't know when that will happen. Hopefully in the next week.

The only good news is that I saw this coming and got the household uploaded for this contest right before this happened. They're here:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8140126

original.jpg

With luck it will be fixed and I con finish the lot before this contest is over.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Aerlinniel - your household is great!!! I really hope you get it fixed and can finish your lot to upload, too :)
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,451 Member
    edited April 2014
    Just popped by to catch up on all the wonderful builds and households.
    Acorron Geppetto's cottage is very detailed and charming,
    Cmbaker a very pretty little mermaid and handsome prince,I love the decor of the ship
    Wyrren a wonderful rustic cabin and a gorgeous little girl.
    Left rec's for them all.
    Hugs Folly
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Your household of sims is very nice Aerlinniel :) Nice outfits that they are wearing, The horses look very nice. I am sorry to hear about your laptop . I hope that it can be fixed for you very soon.
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hey Lala, hey Aitkens, I have run into a tiny issue. I am doing the fairytale the Twelve Dancing Princesses (hence my question about more than 8 Sims earlier :shock: :D ) and the snag I have hit is that the boats I'm using on my lot won't actually work with the dock because apparently, and I didn't know this beforehand, but you can only use boats in the ocean. So I got everything placed using MOO but it won't completely work and I was wondering if that would really hurt my entry? I am doing the part of the story where the princesses go through the forest (though forest may be pushing it on this lot!) until they come to the lake where the princes are waiting in boats to take them across to the castle to dance all night.

So... yeah, the boats don't work ::sigh::

But other than play testing, I am pretty much done! Here is a sneak peek of the castle from the dock on the far side.

13659914944_12ec7cd6b9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The castle looks so very nice Meg1626 ! :) Great exterior of the castle! It looks great how you have done the bridge to go over to the castle . I will look forward to seeing your finished build. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Meg --

I wondered if the story you might have picked out was the 12 Dancing Princesses! I really like that story -- and the picture of your house looks amazing! It looks more like an illustration from a storybook rather than a game picture :)

Although the lot should be fully functional, there are certain areas with this build that can be built for appearance only -- to help promote the story line.

Here's what we've said to previous entrants:

"...if there are certain items/areas that you need to manipulate in order to recreate something specific for the tale then that can definitely be used."

I hope this helps!
  • Options
    Peachy1102Peachy1102 Posts: 728 Member
    edited April 2014
    I love the 12 dancing princesses and the castle looks amazing!
  • Options
    Peachy1102Peachy1102 Posts: 728 Member
    edited April 2014
    A bit of a work in progress!
    Screenshot-319_zps91b68223.jpg

P.s
    I was gonna do robin hood seen I'm from around there but I didn't have the things to do it lol! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Peachy1102 wrote:
    A bit of a work in progress!
    [IMGImage[/IMG]

P.s
    I was gonna do robin hood seen I'm from around there but I didn't have the things to do it lol! :D

COOL! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    KkarichanKkarichan Posts: 776 Member
    edited April 2014
    Well ive hit a snag with my other entry my sims game keeps stop working and then I troubleshoot the program and it comes back as incompatible so im thinking its windows newest update messing with my game but I did finish the sims part. I was wondering if its alright with you if I use my fiances games to finish the house and use his account to enter it and enter the family under my account I would remake the family usisng his games but he doesnt have the store content I used to make them with. I could enter the house as is which is half complete. :cry:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Kkarichan wrote:
    Well ive hit a snag with my other entry my sims game keeps stop working and then I troubleshoot the program and it comes back as incompatible so im thinking its windows newest update messing with my game but I did finish the sims part. I was wondering if its alright with you if I use my fiances games to finish the house and use his account to enter it and enter the family under my account I would remake the family usisng his games but he doesnt have the store content I used to make them with. I could enter the house as is which is half complete. :cry:

I dont see why not, as long as you state that the entry is for this account and under this accounts name.
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited April 2014
    Kkarichan wrote:
    Despite what people think, anything on another account can be used on a different account. In other words, people can share their store content between different accounts.
    You can even log into your account as you play on his computer. So you don't have anything to worry about, or change, for your entry. Just make sure to log into your account for uploading and transfer your files over to finish working.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited April 2014
    Seriously considering changing my entry idea to Hansel & Gretel what with the new baking set, lol. But I worked too darn hard on my Beauty & the Beast family! xD It's the castle that's giving me problems... ;p My idea is way too big, but luckily I still have almost a month! xD Great entries so far everyone! I can see that there are a lot of Disney fans. ;D Even though I also chose something Disney did, I really put my own twist on it (though there will be a few Disney-esque bits ;p ).
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    KkarichanKkarichan Posts: 776 Member
    edited April 2014
    Kkarichan wrote:
    Despite what people think, anything on another account can be used on a different account. In other words, people can share their store content between different accounts.
    You can even log into your account as you play on his computer. So you don't have anything to worry about, or change, for your entry. Just make sure to log into your account for uploading and transfer your files over to finish working.
    thanks mizore because my sleeping beauty castle is epic it has a moat, bridges,hedge maze and other things I got planned.
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,451 Member
    edited April 2014
    Meg your castle for the Twelve Dancing Princesses is fantastic :D looking forward to see the finished build. :D
    Peachy great castle WIP, so many wonderful creations coming from this contest. :D
    Just a sneak peek of my entry Snow White almost finished, just some picture left to take. xox Folly
    Snow White
    966482d0-c70b-4611-98d1-96b3911d23d9_zpsb81577c2.jpg