May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Once Upon A Time Contest -- Completed :)

Comments

• Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited April 2014
    Sorry I didn't get my entry in. I just could not seem to build a castle I was happy with ;p But I wish the best of luck to everyone! ^_^
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    AerlinnielAerlinniel Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you for the extra time! My computer's here and back up and running.

I've been working on it today and hopefully I'll finish in the next day or two. It depends on when I get back from work.

Here's a preview:

Screenshot-2_zps5bf87c71.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,663 Member
    edited April 2014
    I am pleased that you now have your computer back Aerlinniel :) That is great news to hear! Your WIP is looking great! Great layout of the different areas of the build.
  • Options
    MolliesDolliesMolliesDollies Posts: 525 Member
    edited April 2014
    I re-uploaded an improved version, fixed my mistakes that my mush brain missed last night and am adding pics to my flickr account as we speak! I changed the link in my entry post.

Lot Name: The Emerald City
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8189690

Thank you for giving me a bit more time!
    Now a proud member of the Own the Store Club!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Rosemow, I really appreciate the time you take to leave feedback on almost every contest entry on the whole board! I really appreciate the time and effort you put into us :) Do you download and play with things, or do you just sim in the forums these days, if you don't mind my asking?

I hardly ever play these days, just build. I am ready for a building break and am going to get back into game after I download a bunch of these fairytale creations and a bunch of the medieval contest entries. After problems with sticky CC in that contest, I switched to having a building only clean folder, and a gaming folder that I will download to. That's what set me back in both of these contests, rebuilding everything in a clean folder! And I had a computer melt down the week leading up to Easter, and had to redownload all my games, and all my store content. But thankful I could see it coming, and was able to copy my sims build folder to a thumb drive! (Somehow the downloads folder disappeared from that folder, though?! so thus the redownload of store content, and the folder with all the sims games was corrupted, forcing me to redownload them!)

Anyway, tomorrow I plan on going back through all the entries to comment on them :) Thank you for your comments, too, LaLa and Meg! I love the gorgeous castle and characters you designed Meg! Beautiful as usual!
  • Options
    DaeliaDaelia Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited April 2014
    Whew! Got my lot issue fixed and everything's uploaded & my entry posted up in full! (I think)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/360/743705.page#11979008

Thanks for the fun inspiration!

I'll be making (w)Rec(k)ing rounds for all the awesome in here now that I'm no longer rushing to finish mine. :twisted:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The Emerald City looks very nice MolliesDollies ! :) Very nice exterior of the buildings ! The roofing looks great! Very nice shades of green that you have used. The effect of the glowing nice green light at night looks so very nice! Great layout of the different areas of the build! . It looks great how you have done the windows through the build. The fountain in the city shoppes courtyard looks great. The way you have used arches and the trees that came with the sweet treats pack looks great! Nice pond area. Great furnishing of the interior of the buildings.Nice shades of colours and pattern that you have used for the walls and furnishings in the bedrooms.Great treasure room! It looks great that you have placed treasure chests and the Egyptian items there. The shade of blue you used for Dorothy's room looks nice. Great study nook area there, and the vanity table looks nice. It looks great that you used the plant vine themed bed in the Scarecrows bedroom. The grey and light blue of the tin man's bedroom suits him well with his skintone and nice shade of royal red and gold wall panelling that looks nice for the Lion. It is great that you chose colours to suit the characters. The brickwork carpet aisle way in the middle of the entrance hall leading up to the throne room looks great. It is great that you have an alchemy room for sims to brew up elixirs on the alchemy station. The candy and ice cream shop looks great! It looks great how you have placed the different sweets and cake items on the shelves there as well as having a nook area where sims get themselves a snowcone. The clothes and shoes racks look great in the clothing boutique. The teapot ceiling light and teapot clock on the wall of the restaurant looks great. It looks great how you have done the toy shop! The castle themed pattern on the walls looks great! It is great that you have placed the toy machine and the inventing table in the workroom level of the shop. It looks great how you have placed the toys on the shelves in the lower level of the shop.
    It is a great build! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Your Snow White themed build and sims are very nice Daelia :) Great simversions of the characters from Once upon a Time ! Your have captured them very well in simform! It looks great how you have done their faces. Very nice choice of their clothing and shades of colour that you have used for them. It is great that you have different sets of clothing for each category reflecting both enchanted forest and storybrooke clothing outfits. Great traits that you have given to them. Very nice covershot picture that you have taken for their household exchange link!
    Cozy Castle is a very nice home! :) Great exterior of it! The roofing, the towers and the texture that you have used for the exterior and interior walls looks great! Great rooftop patio areas. Great type of and placement of the windows in the build. It looks very nice how you have placed the plants along the edges of the front of the building, and the ivy on the exterior looks great. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The floor texture looks great. It looks great how you have created the piano in the living room . Sims will enjoy playing the piano or sitting on the nearby sofa seats listening to the music. The flowers on the tables either side of the piano are nice for sims to see when sitting there. Great office area. Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the views outdoors whilst using the computer at the study desk. The throne area is great. It looks nice how you have placed the rose arches behind the thrones. Sims will enjoy dancing on the dance floor. It is great that you have been able to use the Quantum power chamber in your build! Great balcony patio area where you have placed it for sims to use. Very nice dining room. Great type of dining seats that you have used which suit well the castle theme of the build. The pictures on the wall are nice for sims to see when dining there. The golden colour shades you have used for the dining room curtains looks nice. Great design of the kitchen! The bar stool counter area in the middle of the kitchen looks great ! It looks great how you have placed the overhead cabinets .Nice furnishing of the bedrooms. The master bathroom looks very nice. It looks nice that you have placed the red hanging flower plants there. Nice blue patterning of the bed and cot in the child's room. The floor mat there looks nice. Nice patterning of the curtains in the child's bathroom. The front entrance to the castle home looks great!
    Very nice sims and castle home! :)
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited April 2014
    Daelia, Oooh -- I am glad that you were able to get your lot fixed & everything uploaded :). Thanks so much for your entry!!

MolliesDollies -- I am glad that you were able to get relit after you were originally burnt out! Thanks for the new link :)

Aerlinniel -- I am so happy you got your computer back and running! I was without mine a few days last week and I missed it incredibly (although I did get a number of household chores done I'd neglected for a while). Looking forward to downloading your entry! Thank you!

okester -- I'm sorry you weren't happy with your progress, but I know the feeling well! Thank you for your interest, though :)

BadSeagull -- I know your pain!! Hopefully your computer will be back soon and you can get your entry uploaded! I look forward to it.

Rosemow -- as always, thank you for the kindness, support, and encouragement you show everyone! :)
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited April 2014
    Mstybl95 -- I went to download your Rumplestiltskin entry and family and they are no longer on the exchange! Was this intentional? Or are they meant to still be in your studio.

I'll check back to make sure it's not a mistake on my part, but please check to make sure they are still there and you wish to enter!!

Thank you! :)
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,912 Member
    edited April 2014
    Gosh my dear IDC this is going to be one tough contest to judge all the entry's are amazing....
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited May 2014
    Wow! New great entries :thumbup: I have to come here tomorrow to give some recs :wink: Now I'm crawling to bed - it's 4 a.m. here :shock:
    I've updated my entry giving the link to many more pictures. So welcome to my thread everyone :D
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/150/622454.page
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited May 2014
    Idontrcall wrote:
    Mstybl95 -- I went to download your Rumplestiltskin entry and family and they are no longer on the exchange! Was this intentional? Or are they meant to still be in your studio.

I'll check back to make sure it's not a mistake on my part, but please check to make sure they are still there and you wish to enter!!

Thank you! :)

I'm sorry, it's not there anymore. I downloaded a few lots on the exchange and noticed some messed up custom content in my game. In an effort to keep from infecting others games, I erred on the side of caution. I don't know if that lot was infected so I got rid of it. I also did a reinstall of my game so I completely lost the lot. Sorry...I forgot about the contest until today. I had fun building for it, though and thank you for hosting.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'll post here what I wrote on your thread Chelsea :) Your Fairytale story is great! :) It is great how you told the story though pictures in your first post about the tale. Then you brought it to life through representing it in sims games version form! I enjoyed very much looking at the pictures of the sims and the builds that your created to tell the story. The sims are great! Great creating of each of them! It is great how you have done the section of the story where you have the oak tree then the chest under the tree, then the bonsai snake, the hare bunny on the pedestal, the rubber ducky duck, the nice glass egg and then there is the needle. Great representation of the items in the tale using sims games items! It is great that you have created Koshei looking like a bone skeleton because of the meaning of his name. He looks great! As you said, he would be friends with Bonehilda! Great exterior of Baba Yaga's hut! It looks great how you have built it on legs. The spiderweb pattern that you have used for the interior walls and your placement of big spiders on the walls looks great! The princess is very pretty! She also looks great when she has been turned into a frog! It looks great how you have done Baba Yaga's face ! Great photo of him riding his broomstick. It looks nice how you have done the forest setting. The bridge looks nice. It is a nice photo that you posted of the princess sitting on the seat bench near the pond having a read of a book. It looks great how you have done Koschei's Castle! Great exterior of it! The texture you have used for the exterior looks great. The tree of despair looks stark and great! It looks great how you have used and placed the sculptures. Very nicely done furnishing of the interior of the castle ! The skull pattern that you have used looks great! It looks very threatening and not nice! It looks great how you have the eerie purple skies and black trees background setting backdrop on the wall behind Koschei's. bed. The yellow and black skull pattern you have used for his bed looks great! It looks great how you have furnished the treasure room with the treasure chests and the gems and other items on the shelves there. The gold you have used for the furnishings through his home looks great.
    The way you have told the story through the sims you have created, the buildings you have built, the forest setting, and the words and photos that you have posted looks great! :)
  • Options
    FleeraFleera Posts: 313 Member
    edited May 2014
    Finally added some photos! (entry on page 24)

More photos to come of the Sims.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The Cottage of the 7 dwarfs is very nice Fleera ! :) Very nice exterior of it! The thatched roofing looks great! Great pattern on the exterior .The arched bridge over the water looks very nice! It looks nice how you have done the flowers and trees through the outdoors. The cart looks great in the front area of the home. It looks nice that you have placed greenery around the edges of the front door. Very nice produce garden patch. The type of fencing that you have placed around the plants suits the build well. Very nice cottagey themed furnishing of the interior! Great texture that you have used for the walls and furnishings.Great kitchen area. The basket of eggs and the bowl of fruit on the kitchen counters are nice touches. It is great that you have the woodstove oven there for sims to enjoy preparing meals in. The flowers look nice placed beside it. It is great that there are 8 seats at the dining table ! The tea set on the dining table is a great touch. Very nice kitchen pantry! It looks great how you have placed produce baskets and barrels there and have an archway entrance to it. The milk bottle beside the entrance looks great. Very nice living room! Sims will enjoy resting on the nice branch themed sofa in front of the fireplace listening to the musical instruments being played. The wheel themed coffee table and the cuckoo clock looks great. The rose looks pretty on the fireplace ledge. It looks great how you have created the pipe organ! Very creative! :) The bedroom looks very nice! It looks great that you have used different colours and patterns for each of the bed. The tree prints on the walls look nice. It looks nice how you have placed the candle lights, books and bear clock on the various bedside tables. Snow White's bed nook area looks very pretty with the floral patterned bed, the flowers on the side wall for her to see when waking, and the nice bird and blossom print on the bedhead wall. Her vanity desk looks nice. Very nice gem room! It looks very nice how you have placed the gems on display on the shelves, tables and pedestals ! The drapes on the walls look nice. It looks great that you have placed a spade on the wall to dig up the gems and have a gem cutter for sims to use.
    It is a very nice cottage home! :)
    Snow White and the Dwarfs look very nice too ! :)
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hello everyone!
    Wonderful new entries :thumbup:
    Fleera, your Snow White is charming!
    Daelia, I love your Charming Cozy Castle!
    Meg, The Twelve Dancing Princesses are amazing!
    BadSeagull, looking forward to seeing your Theseus and the Minotaur!
    MolliesDollies, The Emerald City is fantastic!

Rosie, thank you so much for your feedback! You made my day :D

P.S.: Rec'd everything I haven't before :wink:

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Thank you, Rose! You are so thoughtful in your reviews and it is much appreciated! :)

Chealsycat, thank you very much!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thank you Chealsycat!

I still haven't gotten a chance to pull up my player game to doenload all these beautiful creations :( Hopefully later today... getting ready to leave right now.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    FINISHED! Thank you so much for the extra time!

Link to Carterhaugh:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8195313

I've gone back and edit my post to include this and the pictures.

Also, I've made a bit of a showcase as I was having fun with this and decided to illustrate my story in case anyone's interested:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/750906.page#11990054
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    aitkens08aitkens08 Posts: 5,922 Member
    edited May 2014
    Just a little reminder :P

You have till 11:59 (GMT) Monday 5th May to edit your entries.

and Id like to say a huge thanks! for all the interest and entries and you have ALL done amazing pieces :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Your Tam Lin household of sims and the build are great Aerlinniel :) Very nicely done telling of the tale through the setting up of the scenes for the pictures and then writing the accompanying story words to them! You have told the tale well! It looks very nice how you have done the outside patterns on the ground using the terrain paint ! It looks very nice how you have done the outdoors flowers and plants.It looks nice how you have done the glow around Tam Lin when he appeared after Janet picked a rose from the rose bush! . It looks very nice the types of clothing that that the sims are wearing, and the shades of colours that you have used look very nice! Very nice colours of the horses! It looks great how you have used the horses in the scenes of your story. It is great that you have used the dive well as the water that Janet through Tam Lin into. Very nice exterior of the house building! The texture that you have used for the exterior and the placement of the ivy greenery on it looks great and adds to the feel of the build. The tower looks great! It looks great that you used the circular staircase. Great type of and placement of the windows in the build. It looks great how you have set up the chapel wedding area of the building. Great type of and placement of the pews for the wedding guests to sit on as watch the wedding ceremony. The green tapestry on the wall suits well the build, Sims will enjoy listening to the grand piano and bass being played whilst getting married, and then have a drink at the bar afterwards and enjoy eating food from the buffet table. It looks great how you have used brown and green shades of colour through the interior. The way you have done the trees through the outdoors looks great!
    Very nice sims, great building and outdoors areas , and very nice telling of the tale through your pictures that you have set up as scenes and then written the story words to describe the tale. :)
  • Options
    aitkens08aitkens08 Posts: 5,922 Member
    edited May 2014
    aitkens08 wrote:
    Just a little reminder :P

You have till 11:59 (GMT) Monday 5th May to edit your entries.

and Id like to say a huge thanks! for all the interest and entries and you have ALL done amazing pieces :)

Aitkens may have got a little confused which led to "wording" this wrong.

(Thats a good cover story, they'll belive that :lol: )

:lol:

By edit entries, I mean for the people who have had game or rl issues to get their entry finished
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for the lovely comments rosemow!

Just a quick note to Lala and Aitkens, when I edited my post to include pictures and the lot link I seem to have broken the link to my entry from the first page. So, sorry about that! I just wanted to make sure you were aware of that...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Photos of Sims added.

Now I just need to find time to look more closely at all the fabulous entries and enjoy! You all are AMAZING!!!