May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Once Upon A Time Contest -- Completed :)

Comments

• Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited April 2014
    Well, I'm finished the castle interior, and most of the landscaping within the walls. I still need to do the shop interiors.

Quick question: Is it okay if I don't furnished the tiny mushroom houses on the lot? The are mostly for look, seeing as I'm not really adding townfolk to populated the city. It has been an immense project building an entire city on one lot! But if you would like me to do the mushroom house interiors, I will try my best, otherwise I'm just going to add 'hidden' markers to them to keep people out. Here is my Emerald City all lit up for night:

(picture snipped)

The mushroom houses I was talking about are the smaller ones on the right hand side.

It looks amazing, Mollies Dollies!

You go ahead and leave them unfurnished. I think it would even be OK if you didn't want to add the "hidden markers," but that's up to you.

Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    We are in the final hours. The contest ends at 11:59 GMT Monday night (which is forum time).

If you need a short extension to upload or put the finishing touches on your entry due to computer, upload, or real life issues please go ahead and fill out an official entry form as completely as you can so that Aitkens and I know about it ahead of time. You will have 7 days to finalize your entry.

I will start downloading these Monday and I will be thoroughly playtesting them, so it might take a while to get the results posted...and that's really a good thing because all of these entries are amazing and you all have done an incredible job.

I'm just thankful that it is supposed to rain heavily on Tuesday and Wednesday so I might get a lot of free time to look around your lots! :D

Thanks, everyone, for joining us for this contest!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    chealsycat -- Your Frog Princess is absolutely beautiful. I love your tale, and would very much like to see more pictures. Please add the link to your entry :)

And I was disappointed once when I tried to upload toad sims and they upload as human, lol. So no worries there! Thank you so much for your entry!!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Dayshatw wrote:
    I've updated my entry! It now has everything!

Great, Daysha!!! It's absolutely wonderful :D

Just to let you know, your link goes to another creation of yours, but I was able to find your Princess and the Frog entry in your studio.
  • Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited April 2014
    There are so many amazing entries here. :)
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited April 2014
    I had to edit the lot as it turned out that in the previous version you couldn't get into 'the iron chest' where Koschei's death is, as the ladder was too close to the wall. I fixed it and now Koschei The Immortable can be killed. I also added some fog to the enchanted forest ;-)
    Stupid me! I thought I checked everything, but I forgot the most important thing :x
    I hope it's not too late :oops:
    rosemow wrote:
    Your Fairytale build and sims look great Chealsea! :)
    I will look forward to seeing more pictures of the story when you add them to your showcase thread, and will post about it when you add the pictures.

Thank you Rosie!
    Idontrcall wrote:
    chealsycat -- Your Frog Princess is absolutely beautiful. I love your tale, and would very much like to see more pictures. Please add the link to your entry :)

And I was disappointed once when I tried to upload toad sims and they upload as human, lol. So no worries there! Thank you so much for your entry!!

Thank you Lala! I'll do my best to post other pictures on my thread asap :-o

MolliesDollies, your Emerald town looks great!
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited April 2014
    Another quick WIP:

14038276092_bfd925fecb_z.jpgScreenshot-113 by lessa1626, on Flickr

Getting all these girls to sit still and look the right way and not fidget... argh! So I quit to get Poseplayer to use and take a small break.

I should be done on time, but my mother is going into the hospital tomorrow and I am going to be with her and my father so I may be a little late if I can't get this all uploaded before I leave tomorrow.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,663 Member
    edited April 2014
    Your sims look very nice Meg1626 ! :) Very nice photo that you have taken of them! It looks great how you have them standing, sitting and facing the right way! Thinking of you and your family with your mother entering hospital. Sending special thoughts to you as you support and care for your parents.
  • Options
    FleeraFleera Posts: 313 Member
    edited May 2014
    I am still working on my entry and hope to turn it in on time. But in case I'm called in to work, I will start this as you recommended. I have had so much fun, thank you for the fairy tale theme and for hosting this! All of the entries I've seen have been wonderful! The only one I refuse to look at yet is follyfoot's Snow White entry. That has been the hardest thing, but I don't want to even possibly have her work influence mine.

(Edited 4/28 to add links.)
    (Edited 4/29 to add entry photos.)
    (Edited 4/30 to add link to photo thread with cottage images.)
    (5/2 - Information and photos of the household have been added to the more pictures link)

User Name: Fleera

Fairy Tale Inspiration: Snow White

Lot Name/Link: Cottage of the 7 Dwarfs
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8188292

Household Name/Link: Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8188350

Pictures:
    Cottage
    Screenshot-118_zpsf1978281.jpg

Snow White
    Screenshot-13_zpse83cc793.jpg

Dwarfs
    snow26_zpsb71c0f4e.jpg

Cottage interior
    snow30_zps1dc74f38.jpg

Screenshot-109_zps8a6be6ac.jpg

MORE PHOTOS - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/750675.page#11985668

Synopsis: [From Wikipedia - Disney version] In the film she (Snow White) is depicted as living under her wicked, vain stepmother, the Queen, who forces Snow White to engage in menial labor, fearing that one day Snow White's beauty might become greater than her own. After many years, the Queen's magic mirror confirms Snow White as being the "fairest of them all", which causes the Queen to cast Snow White out and send a huntsman to kill her. When he refuses to do so, the huntsman helps Snow White escape into the forest. Snow White stumbles upon the home of the seven dwarfs, who happily aid her.

The Queen discovers that Snow White has survived and uses magic to disguise herself as an old hag and creates a poisoned apple that will kill, whoever that eats it will be put into "Sleeping Death" and only a kiss of true love could revive her. When the dwarfs are away the hag arrives at the dwarfs cottage and offers Snow White the poisoned apple, unbeknownst to her that it is the Queen in disguise. Snow White bites into the apple and falls into a coma. The dwarfs discovering what had happened track down the Queen and short fight ensues and the Queen is killed. Believing her dead, the dwarfs build an open grave for Snow White to rest on. Time passes and the Prince comes across Snow White. Saddened by her apparent death, he kisses her, causing her to awaken. As the Seven Dwarfs dance with joy, Snow White and the Prince go off to live in his castle.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Meg -- the princesses look gorgeous. I haven't ever used pose player before, but some of the pictures I've seen with it look so amazing that I may need to consider it.

Fleera -- Yay. I'm excited to see your Snow White entry. Thank you for filling out the entry form!
  • Options
    DaeliaDaelia Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited April 2014
    Having some teensy tiny technical difficulties with mine at the moment, so I'll just slip this in here while I fix one last (crossfingers) issue & work on the exports; pictures etc... :)

ETA^ : Fixed the issues, got them uploaded and all, sorted out the entry stuffs; Let me know if there's any problems :)
    And since I so rudely forgot to say so before, Thank you So very much for hosting this and all, I had loads of fun working on my entry!

User Name: Daelia
    Fairy Tale Inspiration: Snow White
    Lot Name/Link: Charming Cozy Castle
    Household Name/Link: ONCE Upon A ...
    Pictures:

Welcome to the Charming Cozy Castle, where Happily Ever After begins! This build is intended to serve as Prince Charming's castle where he and Snow whisk off to. :wink:

CharmingCozyCastle1_zps05629cd9.jpg
    Click for castle link (with pictures)^

I had some fun ulterior motives when I saw this contest, I'll admit... Ever since I got my hands on the Quantum Power Chamber (ITF bonus) I have been Dying for a good reason to do This!

DundunDUNNSnow_zpsb403bf87.jpg

TadaSnow_zps0698c2f9.jpg

So Thank you So VERY very much for the opportunity to oblige :oops: :XD:

DisneySnowWhite1_zpsc632eb9e.jpg
    Click for household link ^

But not only did I want to do that... Every once in a while I just find some real life star(s) or person(s) of interest to me and I 'simify' them; so I made them as close as I could to the TV series ONCE Upon A Time as I could, because they looked like people I wanted in my game :lol: .. They've got enough outfits to clothe 5 other sims between them :lol: because I thought they needed Enchanted Forest and Storybrooke attire, right? So _technically_ it's two fairy tales in one :wink:

MaryMargaretBlanchard1_zpsdeb91258.jpg
    Click to see her outfits ^

DavidNolan1_zps4d2e069b.jpg
    Click to see his outfits ^

I know this probably wasn't the kind of entry you might've had in mind but I hope I at least made it differently interesting with the twists I put into it :) This contest title just made me think of the show and it HAS been something I had been meaning to do :)

Synopsis:
    Snow White
    Once upon a time, in the Enchanted Forest, there was an evil queen so vain that every night she'd ask her magic mirror who was the fairest in the land, and of course it was herself. But she had a pretty stepdaughter, and she grew ever more jealous of her beauty so she was cruel and spiteful to her, making her do relentless chores. When one day the magic mirror confirmed that Snow White was the fairest in the land, she was thrown out and the evil queen sent a huntsman to kill her, but instead he leads her into the forest where she finds the home of seven dwarfs whom she befriends and stays with in exchange for doing house chores. The Evil queen finds out Snow White still lives and concocts a cursed poison apple and an old hag disguise, visits their cottage while the dwarfs are out mining, and tricks Snow into biting it. Snow White falls into a deep deep sleep from which only true love's kiss can awaken her. The Dwarfs avenge snow white, for they had grown quite fond of her, and believing her to be dead, they made Snow an open glass casket. Along comes Prince Charming upon her resting place soon after, and is struck by her beauty and emotional that she had passed and so he kissed her and she suddenly awoke and the dwarfs and the whole kingdom rejoiced as they made their way off to the Prince's castle, to their Happily Ever After. (As the fairy tale goes...)

But if you've seen the TV series ONCE Upon A Time you know there's more to the story (and even if you haven't).. But there's more stories to come with these sims in whatever world they wind up in :mrgreen:

Edit: Updated with links n stuffs!

I kind of started late after this started so I had to limit myself to lot size so I _Couldn't_ get in over my head in the time I had left, so I also made sure that it should be fairly easy to expand upon and landscape if placed on a larger lot 8) .
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    User Name: Meg1626

Fairy Tale Inspiration: The Twelve Dancing Princesses by The Brothers Grimm

Lot Name/Link: Castle Carey: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8188442

Household Name/Link: MacNulty( King Robert, Christobal, Moreen, Elsbeth, Honora, Vanora, Idella, & Cora)
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8188401

MacNulty Continued: (Devony, Fallyn, Arianwyn, Lorna, Torra, & Sorcha)
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8188402
    (I used the same UIC picture for both, but everyone is there!)

Synopsis: King Robert had twelve beautiful daughters. They slept in one room behind lock and key, yet each morning their shoes were found completely worn through as if they had been dancing all night. No one knew what happened in night and the princesses weren't revealing the secret either. So the king made it known to everyone throughout the land that if any one could find out their secret, that person could take one of the princesses to wife and would become king after King Robert's death. However, anyone who tried and did not succeed after three days and nights, would be put to death.
    Princes came from all over to try their luck, yet all of them failed and lost their heads. One day a solider who had been wounded in battle came to the castle to undertake the task. Armed with a magical cloak pf invisibility and a bit of knowledge from an old woman he had met along the road, Christobal thought he could figure out the secret. That night the eldest princess brought him a cup of wine, which he pretended to drink and fall deeply asleep, as per the old woman's advice. But as soon as he heard the princesses moving about, he was up and ready to follow them. The eldest revealed a trapdoor under her bed, which took them to an underground path that led through trees of silver, gold, diamonds, and eventually to a lake. Twelve boats with twelve princes were there to take the princesses across to a beautiful, shining castle were they danced all night until their shoes were worn through.
    Christobal followed the princesses for three nights, making sure to grab tokens from his trips, a leaf from each of the magic trees and a golden cup from the castle. On the third day, he was brought before King Robert and revealed everything he had discovered. The princesses were called in and after hearing Christobal's story, knew they were caught and confessed. Christobal decided to take the eldest princess to wife and was declared King Robert's heir.

Pictures:

14049590802_6f292c35b8_z.jpgScreenshot-119 by lessa1626, on Flickr
    The beautiful, shining castle the princesses dance in all night

14053432944_55c3181b3b_z.jpgScreenshot-128 by lessa1626, on Flickr
    This is the best I could do for the magic trees, silver, gold, and diamonds. :-)

14038276092_bfd925fecb_z.jpgScreenshot-113 by lessa1626, on Flickr
    King Robert and his daughters
    (From bottom left) Idella, Moreen(the eldest), Vanora, & Honora
    (From top left) Cora(the youngest), Sorcha, Lorna, Torra, Arianwyn, Fallyn, Devony, & Elsbeth

14049768002_169c3d9afa_z.jpgScreenshot-147 by lessa1626, on Flickr
    Christobal the solider

14049788432_ac46fccc07_z.jpgScreenshot-139 by lessa1626, on Flickr
    King Robert is very worried about his daughters.

14049934001_d0ea853082_z.jpgScreenshot-68 by lessa1626, on Flickr
    The dock on the lake(unfortunately the boats don't work since this lot isn't on the ocean.)

I will be trying to get everything uploaded within the next hour. Hopefully the exchange is kind to me.

Edit: Everything uploaded on the first try! Yay for the exchange! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2014
    MolliesDollies Your Emerald City looks magical :D
    Chealsycat,I love your characters and their rich and vibrant colours. :D
    Meg, stunning castle and so many simmies. How did you ever get them to stay still for that wonderful portrait. :shock:
    Hugs Folly
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited April 2014
    Love the princesses and the castle Meg! The Barbie version is one of my favorite movies. :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Everything is looking great. I've got your entries listed Daelia and Meg :)

• Options
    BadSeagullBadSeagull Posts: 282 Member
    edited May 2014
    I finally have something approaching a complete entry, so here it is! It's been a long, long week :mrgreen:

User Name: BadSeagull
    Fairy Tale Inspiration: Theseus and the Minotaur

Lot Name/Link: Knossos Palace The Palace at Knossos
    Household Name/Link: The Minos Household

Pictures:

King Minos, Princess Ariadne, Prince Theseus, and the Minotaur

screenshot_original.jpg

The Palace at Knossos

screenshot_original.jpg

Theseus and Ariadne

screenshot_original.jpg

Thesus and the Minotaur having a punch-up :)

screenshot_original.jpg

Palace Interior

screenshot_original.jpg

Synopsis:

In his palace at Knossos, King Minos of Crete kept a Minotaur in his labyrinth. This fearsome creature, half man half bull, liked to snack on human flesh. To keep him fed Minos demanded tribute from the Athenians; seven young men and seven maids (sources differ as to how often this little feast had to be provided). The Athenian prince Theseus persuaded his father to allow him to go to Crete, masquerading as one of the victims, to kill the minotaur and put an end to it's unruly snacking once and for all.

Minos's daughter Ariadne, tired of life in Crete and eager for new admirers of her beauty, struck a deal with Theseus that she'd help him defeat the Minotaur if he took her away with him when he left. She provided him with a sword and a ball of string, so he could tie the end of the string at the entrance of the labyrinth and use it to find his way back out once he'd dispatched the evil beast.

More pictures are to be found on my builds thread

Edited because apparently I can't spell Theseus even though the whole story's about him :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I am sorry that your computer is still being fixed and that you are unable to enter the contest BadSeagull. Your sims that you have created for the tale look very nice! The Minotaur is great! Great outfits that they are wearing. The textures and colours that you have used for them look nice. The royal purple for the king looks great. The footwear suits the characters. It looks great how you have done their hairstyles.
    Great photo of Theseus and the Minotaur in a fight! Very nice and grand exterior of the King's palace! Great design of it! The hedge fencing labyrinth maze in the courtyard looks great! Very nice greenery covered trellis entrance to the lot. The balconies look great.
    The sims and the palace look very nice! :)
  • Options
    MolliesDolliesMolliesDollies Posts: 525 Member
    edited April 2014
    Would it be okay if I took a little longer to finish my shops before I upload the lot? It shouldn't be more than a couple hours longer, I just wasn't able to work on it yesterday or today due to unexpected real life demands. I'm uploading the characters, though.

Entry Form

User Name: MolliesDollies
    Fairy Tale Inspiration: The Wizard of Oz
    Household Name: Oz Friends
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8187867
    Pictures:
    13896418563_8cf43f53d6_o.jpgOz Friends

Album with more pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123336925@N05/sets/72157644054684565/

Synopsis: A lost little girl goes on an incredible journey trying to find her way back home. She is accompanied by three unlikely friends and her faithful pup. Along the way they all discover important truths: A heart is nothing more than a simple machine, unless it's full of love... Brains are useless if you don't employ a little common sense... Bravery isn't standing up for yourself, but standing up for others... And home is always found in the ones you love the most!
    Jouney to a magical land, somewhere over the rainbow! You might learn something important about true friendship, especially if you meet friends like the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion, and a spunky little girl named Dorothy (and her little dog ToTo, too:)

Dorothy Gale:
    Traits: Adventurous, Friendly, & Good
    Description: This spunky little girl loves a great adventure! She is quick to make a friend, and sees the good in everyone. Dorothy must travel to the Emerald City to seek a way home from the great wizard Oz.

ToTo:
    Traits: Adventurous, Independent, Loyal
    Description: Dorothy's spunky little terrier, ToTo, is as loyal as they come. He often goes beyond duty to rescue Dorothy from a scrape. He's not one to do tricks for treats, but will do anything to help the ones he loves.

Scarecrow:
    Traits: Absent-monded, Clumsy, Friendly, Genius, Green Thumb
    LTW: Major Master
    Description: Scarecrow is the first friend little Dorothy makes on her way to the Emerald City. This happy-go-lucky plantsim is loyal to a fault. He is clever, and is usually the person who comes up with most commonsense approach to a problem. Unfortunately, he is also absent-minded. He has a natural touch with plants.

Tin Man
    Traits: Bot Fan, Charismatic, Flirty, Great Kisser, Handy
    LTW: Master Romancer
    Description: Tin Man may think he is missing a heart, but he has no problems making women's hearts throb! He is gentle and kind, and instantly connects with the brave little girl searching for a way home. He has a knack for tinkering.

Cowardly Lion
    Traits: Animal Lover, Childish, Coward, Dramatic, Athletic
    LTW: the Zoologist
    Description: Cowardly Lion is even afraid of his own shadow! But once he finds friends who believe in him, he surprises everyone with how far he is willing to go to protect those friends! He is dramatic, and plays violin.

Lot Name: The Emerald City
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8189690

I re-uploaded an improved version, fixed my mistakes that my mush brain missed last night and am adding pics to my flickr account as we speak!
    Pictures:
    14067038811_459d944245_o.jpgThe Emerald City

14047756553_7b678c5b53_o.jpgScreenshot-3

14067069952_08ec6b8d81_o.jpgCity shoppes

14070029365_690ce95819_o.jpgSecond Floorl

13883428300_694d6e5ee3_o.jpgThird Floor

Btw, I left an empty hilltop in the rear right of the property for the addition of a hot air balloon if you happen to have Aurora Skies (the only one I don't have!) Not sure if it would work there, since I don't have it to try, but I thought I should include a spot :) I plan on loading up a bonus character pack with the Wicked Witch, Glinda, and Oz himself. I just felt they were out of place in my original character download, and wanted them separate. They aren't for judging, just for play! I should be able to get them loaded up in the next few days! Maybe someday I'll get the desire to redo this set and furnigh all the little mushroom houses, but it just wasn't going to happy this time!
    Now a proud member of the Own the Store Club!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    BadSeagull -- Theseus and the Minotaur look wonderful! If you do get your computer back and running in the next few days and have a chance to upload, please do so! The contest is closing for entries, but spots can be held for 7 days during judging for those who have had problems such as you.

Mollies Dollies - you can take the little bit of extra time you need.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Closed for new entries. All those who reserved a spot have 7 days in which to finish their entry.

Thank you all!!
  • Options
    BadSeagullBadSeagull Posts: 282 Member
    edited April 2014
    Rosemow, thanks for your lovely comments :)

Lala, that's very kind of you, I'm hoping that it'll be in the next few days... but as it was 'ready on Thursday', then 'fixed by Monday' and now 'call us on Wednesday' I have no idea when I'll see it again! Having said that, I haven't much to do to finish, mostly landscaping and proper screenshots so as soon as my beloved machine's back I should be able to get an entry posted. Nearly 2 weeks without it now *cries*

PSA: Regular back-ups to an external hard drive are your friend :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It is great to read about the Twelve Princesses Fairytale Meg1626 :) I hadn't heard about the tale before.The twelve princess sims are very nice! Very nice clothes that they are wearing! The shades of colours that you have used for them are very nice! It is a great family photo that you have taken of them, standing and sitting , with their father the king sitting in the middle of them on his throne. The carpet underneath the sims looks royal and nice. Very nice photo of Christobel the soldier! He is a very nice sim. It looks great that you have placed a picture on the wall behind him which looks just like him kneeling down at the feet of one of the princesses. King Robert does have quite a worried expression on his face! Very lovely exterior of the castle where the princesses enjoy dancing each night! Very nice roofing! The way you have done the windows and placed the lights on the exterior looks very nice. The towers look great.It looks very nice how you have done the dock area, with the boats placed in the lake water ready to take the princesses to the castle.
    I hope that your uploading of the sims and the build go well. :)
    Edit to say that I am glad that the castle and sims uploaded well. Very nice interior of the castle .The dining area in the great hall looks great! It looks great how you have placed the long dining table there and have placed many seats on the sides of the table. Great castle themed dining table and seats you have used. The banners on the wall and the type of fireplaces you have used look great. Great design of the kitchen . The texture of the interior walls through the rooms look great. The hanging flower baskets on the kitchen wall are nice touches. Nice colours and pattern that you have used for the beds.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Your Wizard of Oz sims are very great MolliesDollies ! :) I enjoyed reading the very nicely written descriptions of each of the sims as well as the nice overall description of the Oz friends household. Your background descriptions are very great, and your choice of traits and LTW for each of them suits them so well ! Very nice clothes that the sims are wearing . The dress that Dorothy is wearing reflects well what the character wears.Her red shoes look great. It is great that you made the scarecrow a plantsim. His overalls and plaid shirt suit him being a scarecrow. The orange hair of the cowardly lion reflects well him being that animal. Great grey skintone that you have used for the tin man.
    Great Oz sims! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you so much for your lovely comments Rosemow! You always leave the best! :mrgreen:

Everyone's entries look amazing. Mollie your wizard of Oz looks so awesome, I'll bet it took you forever! Good luck to everyone!

Thanks again for hosting Lala and Aitkens :wink: 8)
  • Options
    MolliesDolliesMolliesDollies Posts: 525 Member
    edited April 2014
    I uploaded my Emerald City and added the link to my entry. I'll add more pics later. I'm late for work!! I forgot lights in the unifinished library, but at this point I'm burnt out lol... so it is what it is! I hope someone gets enjoyment out of it!

Thanks you for the comments, I'll respond better later!
    Now a proud member of the Own the Store Club!!!