Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eek! I Don't Have A Clue

Comments

• Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    From what I read it's a game pack set in Star Wars but it doesn't seem (other than faction names and npcs from series) to require knowledge of SW to enjoy. But simply put

Vi Morada: Black girl with colorful hair and wearing red jacket. She's a rebellion spaceship pilot

Rey: The white gir in a white robe like outfitl playing with a lightsaber and robot. She's a jedi in training

Kylo Ren: The masked dude with lightsaber. He is the leader of bad guys obviously

Ohnaka: The spikey lizard man who talks to the trailer's sim player character in the bar(called Cantina) He is a smuggler

Lightsabers are the rave looking swords ppl use. Droids are the robots running around.

The idea of pack is run around gathering reputation with First Order(bad guys) Resistence (good guys) or Scoundrels (smugglers) or you can just run around and buy knick nacks or never use the world and just use build mode.

Thanks for this. They should've put it in the game notes. 🤣
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Well i just watched the first hour of The Force Awakens, to get a little insight. It was ok, but i started to get fed up so will finish it another day.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    I've seen the movies, couldn't particularly care less about the new ones which are what this is based on though. I assume it should be pretty surface level so you won't have to know the entire plot of all the films to enjoy the gameplay and know what's going on, from what I understand it's just the cliche good (dresses in light colors) vs bad (dresses all in black and speaks in a creepy voice)
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Mindofy wrote: »

Thanks for this. They should've put it in the game notes. 🤣

I think they figured anyone who buy it would automatically know
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    I'm binge watching the entire series this weekend. While not a huge Star Wars fan I have enjoyed all the movies.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I'm binge watching the entire series this weekend. While not a huge Star Wars fan I have enjoyed all the movies.

The most important question is how are you watching? Episodically, chronologically, release order or machete? o:)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »

The most important question is how are you watching? Episodically, chronologically, release order or machete? o:)

Since I've seen then all I've decided to watch them chronologically.

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars (film)
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    Solo
    Star Wars: Rebels
    Rogue One
    Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
    Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    The Mandalorian
    Star Wars: Resistance
    Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
    Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
    Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker
  • Options
    Haflinger wrote: »

Since I've seen then all I've decided to watch them chronologically.

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars (film)
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    Solo
    Star Wars: Rebels
    Rogue One
    Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
    Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    The Mandalorian
    Star Wars: Resistance
    Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
    Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
    Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Excellent!

I still haven’t really seen Resistance. Kaz annoyed me in the first episode and I’ve struggled with continuing on.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Same here I’ve only see one and i can’t even remember it’s name it’s the one where anakin skywalker is a child and came out in the late 90s. apart from r2d2 and the stormtroopers I recognise none of the characters. Reading the description means very little to me the only bit I understood was making your own lightsaber. This pack seems too niche as a theme.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 omg there's more than I realised. Are they all on Disney+? (I presume that's where you are watching them).

I just got Disney+ for a month especially to watch a few of them, but i haven't looked at what's there yet.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I've seen IV, V and VI for sure but after that I've seen parts here and there. It's hard for me to keep up with them once they started renaming them and making prequels. I do remember that awful Jar Jar thing. Thanks @simgirl1010 for the list in order. That helps put things...well...in order for me.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I feel lost in a storm of troopers lol. I have never seen the Star Wars movies and have absolutely no idea about who the characters are or what it's all about.

Please tell me I'm not the only one!

Do you think it would be enjoyable to play if you have no background on SW?

yes star wars is like a medieval land but with aliens and space ships
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2020
    Well I don't have much Star Wars knowledge but am still really looking forward to this. I saw the original films when I was a kid and I guess I liked them but it was my brother who was obsessed. I have seen the first of the new films when it came out but none of the other new ones and those are the films that this pack is based on.

What excites me about this pack isn't the fact that it has the brand name 'Star Wars' attached to it, it's other things. It sounds like a Strangerville-esque storyline game play thing and that is something I will enjoy. There also seems to be elements of JA - again, a pack that I love. Plus, there's sci fi, aliens, robots - all things which are a welcome break from the realism of most packs. Also learning to be a Jedi and use the force sounds great. Maybe there will even be a skill tree system for Jedi like with vampires and celebrities, I really like that system. And overall it's just... Different! New, refreshing! I'm going to have a lot of fun with this, I can already tell :)
  • Options
    Well I don't have much Star Wars knowledge but am still really looking forward to this. I saw the original films when I was a kid and I guess I liked them but it was my brother who was obsessed. I have seen the first of the new films when it came out but none of the other new ones and those are the films that this pack is based on.

What excites me about this pack isn't the fact that it has the brand name 'Star Wars' attached to it, it's other things. It sounds like a Strangerville-esque storyline game play thing and that is something I will enjoy. There also seems to be elements of JA - again, a pack that I love. Plus, there's sci fi, aliens, robots - all things which are a welcome break from the realism of most packs. Also learning to be a Jedi and use the force sounds great. Maybe there will even be a skill tree system for Jedi like with vampires and celebrities, I really like that system. And overall it's just... Different! New, refreshing! I'm going to have a lot of fun with this, I can already tell :)

I think what it is is JA exploring areas and Strangerville quest oriented aspirations. I'm excited but I'm trying to be realistic and how much fun the 'help the factions' will entail
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    For anyone who doesn't know anything about Star Wars.

Once upon a time, there was a young 19 year old Farm Boy that dreamed of exploring the galaxy. He met an old Wizard. The Wizard said that they need to rescue a Princess. So, they go to find a ship for they're quest; where they meet this very cool Space Smuggler & promises to take them.
    Then, the ship gets caught in a tracker beam, however thanks to the quick thinking from the dashing Smuggler, they were able to hide from the evil troopers. Then the Farm Boy & Smuggler discised themselves as the troopers & found the Princess. While that was happening,
    the old Wizard met up with an evil Wizard where it was a fight to the death. Sadly, the poor old Wizard died. Meanwhile, Farm Boy, the Smuggler & the Princess made their escape. Their ship landed in a secret base where the people fight the evil people. Farm Boy volunteered to fly an
    X-Wing Fighter ship due to the fact that he trained as a pilot. When in flight Farm Boy & the Smuggler managed to stop the evil Wizard.
    The heroes were rewarded medals from the Princess.
    The End

This story is from Star Wars A New Hope.
    It was the very 1st one.
    I hope you like my story.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I’m surprised the announcement didn’t come with a half off coupon code for Disney+ to strong arm people into catching up on the movies 😂
  • Options
    Star Wars is the sci-fi space opera (space opera is a sci-fi where there is a interglactic community and society and the plots hardly mention technology specifics) about mages called Jedi and their fight against the oppressive galaxy conquering evil side The Sith. The story tends to be Jedi all died out and now random people fight against the Sith who rule the world a new 'genere' of the franchise is High Republic about The jedis about 300 years before the last time jedis were nonexistent... For a series famous for rave glow stick sword weilding mages they sure as eck don't use em very often,
  • Options
    If anyone ever wants to waste about a billion years of their life or just kill time because of super boredom ( ...isn't that the same thing though?) I highly recommend Darths and Droids, which is a webcomic using screenshots from the movies where it's essentially a D&D style tabletop game group in a sort of AU setting where the movies don't exist.

https://darthsanddroids.net/archive.html
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    From what I read it's a game pack set in Star Wars but it doesn't seem (other than faction names and npcs from series) to require knowledge of SW to enjoy. But simply put

Vi Morada: Black girl with colorful hair and wearing red jacket. She's a rebellion spaceship pilot

Rey: The white gir in a white robe like outfitl playing with a lightsaber and robot. She's a jedi in training

Kylo Ren: The masked dude with lightsaber. He is the leader of bad guys obviously

Ohnaka: The spikey lizard man who talks to the trailer's sim player character in the bar(called Cantina) He is a smuggler

Lightsabers are the rave looking swords ppl use. Droids are the robots running around.

The idea of pack is run around gathering reputation with First Order(bad guys) Resistence (good guys) or Scoundrels (smugglers) or you can just run around and buy knick nacks or never use the world and just use build mode.

Excellent description!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited August 2020
    If anyone is interested English simmer has posted a new video explaining the lore it’s pretty much a beginners guide to Star Wars and is easy to understand
    Post edited by netney52 on
  • Options
    Thanks @netney52
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited August 2020
    Still weird that Sims had to impose a new lore when there was plenty of Sims lore to excavate.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited August 2020
    I watched The Star Wars as a teenager, persuaded by my friends who were fans. It was the most ridiculous thing I had seen, though to be fair, I never did watch a lot of hollywood productions. These kind of promotional packs are not interesting for me, and this one in particular made me slightly embarassed to be playing such a silly game, investing my time and money. It feels like I'm watching a youtube video that gets interrupted in the middle by a commercial.

I bought ROM pack, for various reasons, but not for travelling to the world; and as long as I don't do that in my playsave, I have no features from it popping up, like spellcasters on brooms for instance. If this pack has a similar logic, then I might buy it for the Build/Buy items.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Englishsimmer just did a lore-video. I posted it over in the Batuu-world thread. Or you can google it. Just don't want to spam the same video in every thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980362/batuu-world-discussion/p1
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2020
    Star Wars Saga: It's really simple. In a galaxy far, far away, there was the Evil Empire. That enslaved and took over many worlds. There was an evil emperior. A resistance was formed to combat this empire from taking over all the galaxies in the universes. An ancient cult called Jedi was the most successful at thwarting this threat to all worlds. Governments formed to defeat the evil empire with the help of Jedi members. As hundreds of years passed only a few Jedi remained. Darth Vader was a Jedi at one time, but fell into the power of the Dark Side of the Force. Jedi are the Light Side of the force. These two warring factions have consequences. In between these two factions are smugglers who make money off either side. Then there were the mercenaries like Boba Fett who was a gun for hire. These wars went on for generations and generations, thousands of years much like the rule of Rome. There was a blackmarket run by smugglers who made money off anyone who needed anything, with no scrupples of whose side they would defend until the dark side decided they were enemies, too. Not much different than Flash Gordon saga.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.