Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,933 Member
    yes okay thank you very much for your reply, like i mentionned i got my own set of cheats, w shift-ctrl-c i play w money cheats and cas fulledit... modifyrelationship etc. but moving objects and changing the size of objects and what not is not something i do, i never understood how to use it. But its fine, i do interior design alot and i delete the ones that dont save properly on my game, im learning to manage searching the gallery basically so its cool if they make easier ! lol tbh the Snowy bug is what im worrying about these days, im considering migrating all my lots to a new save, but it would take a few days !
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    Minnie_0329Minnie_0329 Posts: 4 New Member
    I am in need of some help! Hopefully someone can give some advice on how to resolve my issue.

I have been playing TS4 on my Mac. I recently got my husband into playing after years of failed attempts! He created his own sim and moved into my neighborhood. His plan was to get my sims to break up with her boyfriend and get her pregnant (the drama!). Well he's enjoying himself and I am teaching him the basics etc. He visits my home and starts talking with me and whatever. Rewind really quick... the last time I played (right before he created his) I was pregnant in the 3rd trimester due any day with my second child. Fast forward to where we were previously. I notification pops up that child services will come if Ciera's needs aren't met. So I take over to see what the heck is this notification talking about. Who the h*ll is Ciera. Well I never did find out, he continues playing. All is well. SO I thought!

I get on to play that next morning and realize my sim is not only not pregnant, but she had the whole baby and they named her Ciera!!! Not only did I have (well SHE have) an entire baby outside of my household mode, but the baby was turning into a toddler sun less than 24 sims hours. I missed her whole 3 day childhood!!!

Now my husband (real life lol) wants to play some more and I want him to as well but I am scared for him to touch anything for fear of my household being affected.

Please tell me there is a fix????!!! I would love for us to be able to play together at some point but right now the immediate thing is to not have our sims be neglected while the other is playing.

TIA for any help or feedback!!!
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited September 2021
    @Minnie_0329 I'm glad your husband is enjoying playing Sims!

Is aging on for non-played households? (You can find out by pausing the game and going to game options).

If aging is left on, it means that your (unplayed) pregnant Sim would have still been aging as your husband played with his Sim. It seems he played for a few Sim days and in that time your Sim gave birth (the game will give the baby a random name in this case, which can be changed in CAS once the child is a toddler) and the baby continued to age.

If you turn aging off for non-played households (which means only the household currently being played will age) then your husband should be able to play without any changes happening to your Sim. If you are truly worried he may accidentally interfere with your game then you could always create a new save where you and your husband can play together, and keep your original save for you only.

It's really sweet you enjoy playing together though. :smile:

I hope this helped!

P.S. Welcome to the forum! If you like, why don't you introduce yourself here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself/p1
    Post edited by GirlFromIpanema on
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Wow! im glad i read all this, because i experimented alot w pregnancies, my 1st household is when my sim univ teacher got 2 girls pregnant at the same time, i could never delete those first toddlers i played !! And i do play multiple households and i have had similar mishaps. The auto aging is always off for me so we can forget about that factor right off the bat. When i played 2 households in parallel, it happened to me where the sim time passed will be counted as days of prenancies... but no other evolution occurs for the played houselholds while you play another one.... ish ...not sure if its clear, but the quick fix is to cheat time so to say, a redo (delete the sim or age back in cas). Hope this can help. And if i may; you should definetly keep your husband in your household (in the sims i mean ) ;)
    I am in need of some help! Hopefully someone can give some advice on how to resolve my issue.

!!!

• Options
    GeneralGingerGeneralGinger Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi i need help with a product code for the sims 3. I have the disk but no box as iv'e only just found the game again after a long time. Is there any way i could get a new code or anything like that as it wont let me install the game with out the code.
  • Options
    readysimmer1readysimmer1 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi, I want to delete this forum account, because frankly, I hate it here. I don't come here often and rarely post anything, but I had two people mail me with threats about my posts not being right. Although I don't sugar coat things, I am a very polite person, and I wont take that kind of abuse from anyone. I'm sure there are some perfectly decent people here, but 2 threatening emails was 2 too many for me. How do I delete this account ? Not my EA account, but the account/profile/name/etc. for this forum ?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Hi @readysimmer1 I'm really sorry you've had unkind messages and that it has made you want to delete your account, that's not okay. I suggest you message a moderator/community manager and let them know about this.

I'm happy to give you advice on how to delete your account but I really hope you take a little time to reconsider. There are lots of lovely Simmers here who I'm sure would appreciate and enjoy your posts. Of course the decision is completely yours. :smile:

Here is what @EA_Arcadia commented on a post about how to delete accounts a while ago (as far as I know, it hasn't changed):

"While I wish I could handle your matter personally, since this process involves deleting account information, we have to verify the owner of the account before any action can be taken, and this can only be done by Customer Support. So I'd like to direct you here (https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us ) they will confirm your account identity and be able to handle your request to delete your forum account. When chatting with them, please make sure you stipulate specifically that you only want your forum data to be deleted."

Edit: After following the link, I believe you'll want to select the following: The Sims 4, PC, Data Privacy, Delete My Data. That will take you to a contact page where you can email them.

I hope this helped, and again I'm sorry you e had such a negative experience here. :heart:
  • Options
    Minnie_0329Minnie_0329 Posts: 4 New Member
    If I have him create a new save, would we still be able to "run into each other" or interact together if we aren't simultaneously playing on two different computers? Like if I am playing while I have down time, can I still interact with his sim and vice versa?

Thank you so much for the help!

> @GirlFromIpanema said:
    > @Minnie_0329 I'm glad your husband is enjoying playing Sims!
    >
    > Is aging on for non-played households? (You can find out by pausing the game and going to game options).
    >
    > If aging is left on, it means that your (unplayed) pregnant Sim would have still been aging as your husband played with his Sim. It seems he played for a few Sim days and in that time your Sim gave birth (the game will give the baby a random name in this case, which can be changed in CAS once the child is a toddler) and the baby continued to age.
    >
    > If you turn aging off for non-played households (which means only the household currently being played will age) then your husband should be able to play without any changes happening to your Sim. If you are truly worried he may accidentally interfere with your game then you could always create a new save where you and your husband can play together, and keep your original save for you only.
    >
    > It's really sweet you enjoy playing together though. :smile:
    >
    > I hope this helped!
    >
    > P.S. Welcome to the forum! If you like, why don't you introduce yourself here:
    > https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself/p1
  • Options

Yes, provided that save has both of you (Your 'Simself' and Your Hubby 'Simself') in any household, not on separate computers btw it has to be in the same saved game on the computer you play that save (sorry if this wasnt clear), you'll get used to it ! Multiple households is trickey, but if you save on the same savegame (again on same computer) and play on different 'human time' it will be lots of fun that way ;) hope y'all enjoy !!!!!!
  • Options
    If I have him create a new save, would we still be able to "run into each other" or interact together if we aren't simultaneously playing on two different computers? Like if I am playing while I have down time, can I still interact with his sim and vice versa?

Thank you so much for the help!

Each save it a completely separate game, so you wouldn't run into each other's Sims if you had different saves, no. If you want to be able to have your Sims living in the same world and be able to interact with eachother then you should keep playing in the same save. Just turn auto aging off so your Sim doesn't age without you. (If aging is off, you can still age Sims up manually by using the birthday cake if you wish). :smile:
  • Options
    npc5579npc5579 Posts: 20 Member
    Does anyone know how to change tragic clown's hair?
  • Options
    Ish_momoIsh_momo Posts: 2 New Member
    So I just bought the sims 4 an I’m so disappointed. I can go to the grocery store. I’m stuck in a small space now, I can’t look around the town. 🙄🙄 freaaaaak 😐. Only thing I’m happy about is first person.
  • Options
    Ish_momoIsh_momo Posts: 2 New Member
    Idk how to delete, but I CANT go to the store . 🙄
  • Options
    slvrlipes82slvrlipes82 Posts: 344 Member
    edited October 2021
    I didn't not mean to post to this thread
    Post edited by slvrlipes82 on
  • Options
    avfavf Posts: 1 New Member
    i needs some help. my sims toddler cant take a bath and hygiene is down. ive switch parents, doesnt work. i did download a new house because my sim is pregnant. i got a notification that some things in the house wont work. this is all hapening on my xbox. please help, thank you (:
  • Options
    avf wrote: »
    i needs some help. my sims toddler cant take a bath and hygiene is down. ive switch parents, doesnt work. i did download a new house because my sim is pregnant. i got a notification that some things in the house wont work. this is all hapening on my xbox. please help, thank you (:
    First you need a bath, not new parents lol... then when you play your kid toddler, click on the bath, choose 'ask for bath'. Or w any adult, click on the kid and choose toddler care = give bubblebath and you should have a happy family !
  • Options
    madebykismetmadebykismet Posts: 1 New Member
    Sul, Sul!!! I am currently doing the free trial of Sims. I'm hoping to get it for my birthday this month if I can afford it but I couldn't wait any longer to play. If I am on a trial, can I still download CC to work with the game? Or do I have to wait until I can purchase the base game? Thanks for any feedback.
  • Options
    LoveDesiLoveDesi Posts: 15 Member
    🔷Hello Simmers! 👋🏾😁

My name is KayKay. I love the Sims 4 and I mean everything about it.😁👉🏾💯 I really wish I could help create ideas for the game. I thought of so many. Seriously, I love to play my Sims but I also LOVE😍 to build and create a way for the Sims to Live, Learn, and Grow..😊😍👏🏾👏🏾

I am 33 years old this year, September. I have a 7 year old daughter who likes the sims as well, though I don't allow her to play much. She does have a creative side. 😊

I love to draw, which is my Natural Talent that I have. I have been drawing for years on and off. I am self-taught and I started with the heads of Disney Cartoons and Anime. Then I branched off to doing realistic drawings and now painting. I would love to draw more and be able to express myself in this way since words don't always work. However, I seem to have drawers block. Or sketchers block..

Lol!..😂 I am not sure. I have been trying my best to work and push through it. 😊💪💯

Sims for gives you ample of opportunity and ways to express yourself and be as creative as you like and that's what I love most about it. I pray they don't stop working on the Sims, especially for PS4 people at this time. I have invested in so much with this game. That would really be a bummer.🤔😧🙄👉🏾🤦🏾😊😂😂😂

I have a Sims 4 Group on Facebook if anyone would like to join. 😜 This is for Private PS4 only group. I do have rules for this group. You are welcome to join..😉

The name of my group is 👉🏾🔷Honey Loves Sims 4 Family (PS4 Only)🔷

My profile for Sims is 👉🏾KFierce_Sims2021. On PS4 its 👉🏾LOVEDESI28 you can be a friend through here as well. Just send that invite..😊😉👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

🔷Thank you! all for listening & Nice to Meet You All!👋🏾😊😁
  • Options
    charlies_whocharlies_who Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Tennedra said:
    > What I wish I have known when getting started is when you buy your first pack, know a little bit about them. There's some info about a pack in the main menu of the game, but you can also search on YouTube, this forums and other websites to see others' opinions. I didn't know anything about any packs when I started and end up regretting getting Cats and Dogs as my first pack. I felt like it didn't add much to the game with just it and the base game. I should've started with Seasons or City Living.

I agree, I love city living and I am saving up to buy seasons. I makes the game much more interesting. I have also replaced all of the households with my own families. It is kind of fun to watch their family trees grow and merge!
  • Options
    > @WaytoomanyUIDs said:
    > Note that most of the time any combination of a mermaid, vampire, alien, magic user or sim can have a kid and it will just turn out to be one of the 2, for example not an alien vampire from Outer Spaaaace!, just an alien or vampire. Although kids of aliens often turn out blue or green, so you can have a vampire who looks like an alien vampire from Outer Spaaaace!
    >
    > The problems come in when the game glitches out or you use cheats or mods to create a sim with the powers of both its parents.
    >
    > EDIT: And the best way to learn building is lots of practice. Everyone starts off making boxes, unless I'm trying to recreate a plan my houses still look like boxes.
    >
    > Pick an empty lot from the town overview (not the lot your family is living on, that adds pressure and costs money) and just play around in free build mode, getting the feel of the building tools, don't actually try building any thing, just get the hang of the tools, how the room and wall tools work, how roofs work and how you can combine them to cover an odd shaped house, that sort of thing.
    >
    > Then try building something simple, doesn't even have to be livable or good looking, just something to test what you know.
    >
    > Also, a random hint, the Christmas trees can catch fire when you light them.

After I learned the tools, I started recreating houses in my neighborhood. and really paying attention to windows and roofs. It's kind of interesting that we think of building as symetrical but in real life they aren't rooms don't all have perfectly spaced and matching windows and there often isn't just one roof on a house.
  • Options
    I keep reading about these earbuds, where are they? How do I get them! haha! Also, I didn't know the things in your invertory increase you bills! Thank you!

> @Solipsy said:
    > ***I know a lot of people diss the Cats & Dogs pack, but I think it's invaluable. I put two cats in every household I create; since I can pick their traits, I pick the ones that make owning a pet a pleasant experience. Sim cats allow my Sims to fill their social need by talking to them. When a Sim gets a good relationship with the cats, they can pet them & hug them, then reap 250 reward points! 500 reward points without achieving much beyond petting 2 cats. (To me, this is awesome and it's not even a cheat!) The Sims build their reward points quickly and can "buy their way out of" the annoying needs to constantly pee, eat, etc.
    > ***Keeping expensive stuff in a Sims inventory will increase weekly bills A LOT. If you find or create high-value items like paintings, for instance. Don't keep them in the sim's inventory.
    > ***The best way to get it out of inventory is to sell it or hang it in your Sim's house.
    > ***I like to buy one of the storage chests available in build/buy to allow my Sims to keep collectibles in them.
    > ***Bills are much higher in Sims 4, even after you "buy" the reward traits of frugality et. al.
    > ***If you owned a lot of Sims 3 stuff, check in build/buy for some special table lamps. You might have gotten some included for free that you can buy, and they're not too expensive! They will help boost your Sim's emotional state in a given direction like "Focused." Later in the game, your Sim will be able to create paintings that will boost moods, but the lamps are a non-cheat way, early in the game, to get your Sim "Inspired" while painting or cooking, for instance. These skills increase faster while your Sim is Inspired. Computer and Science skills build faster when "Focused," etc.
    > ***Don't forget about those earbuds. Check 'em out!
    > ***If your Sim becomes "Very Playful," be careful. It's possible for them to die Laughing. Literally. I recommend that you hit "save" whenever you see a Sim in that mood, so if they die, you can go back to the save and change the circumstances.
    > ***SAVE your game before making major Sim Life decisions like getting married or having a kid. Sometimes you will be very grateful, after you play a new scenario, to be able to UNDO it if you hate playing it.
    > ***I have one Sim who started the game as an heiress (motherlode!) from the base pack. As each new pack comes out. She's easy as heck to play. but the advantage of playing her as immortal is that she can easily find out what the benefits of a given job are, and whether it's worth having my other Sims do it. She's my test-Sim for how the fame system works, finding fishing spots, etc. I can
    > ***I absolutely love to play an active Scientist from the Get to Work pack. What a Sim "discovers," like the Sim Ray, they are allowed to keep. The cloning machine will allow your Sim to replicate endless potions and many collectibles.
    >
    > And a gazillion other things... Happy Simming. :)
  • Options
    Hi @charlies_who :smile: I see you joined the forums a while ago but haven't posted much, so welcome (back) to the forums!

I agree, I love city living and I am saving up to buy seasons. I makes the game much more interesting. I have also replaced all of the households with my own families. It is kind of fun to watch their family trees grow and merge!

City Living is one of my favourites too, and I've just recently bought Seasons. It definitely adds a lot to the game, I've been enjoying the holidays and different weather. Having my Sim sit and read by the fire during a thunderstorm is very relaxing. I hope you get to buy it soon! :smile:
    I keep reading about these earbuds, where are they? How do I get them! haha!

Earbuds come with the Fitness Stuff pack. I don't have it, but I believe if you have the pack you can purchase earbuds via the computer for 100 Simoleons or get then for free if you get a popup.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I have one, and it's important. Don't delete your saves if you get bored with them. You will regret it!
  • Options
    Hi. I did it I managed to relocate into a new save all my lots from 9 neighbourhoods. Took me 36 hours total :dizzy: ...and i also agree, City Living is my favorite turf, after learning to manage and play the public spaces. But i really love Mt.Komorebi so Snowy Escape is very close second, and i have remodelled it w Adirondack Cabins, even if i live in the Appalachains! Seasons or Eco not sure i want them, theyre the ones that affect the whole game and im not really ready for that. My style of play is really, like deluxe (full cash all over) and lazy (cheat needs alot) so entertainment is what i go for. Cats and dogs, i hated it after 1 week, then i came back to it and im settled for remaining 50/50 about it. Theres just something about the dog poop. But thats simply because Im a Cat person, so i settled that i need the cats, and I respect for the dogs... ;) ! I dont have to play w them if i dont want to. lol
  • Options
    Simcity_TrainsSimcity_Trains Posts: 107 Member
    If you p!ay on Sims 3 console, ur a bloody legend that was my childhood