Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• EnchantingdustEnchantingdust Posts: 157 Member
    Hello everyone!

Well I wish I knew how to reset a Sim when I started playing. This would have been so helpful!!!
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,898 Member
    Hi @rongtudjuuu! Are you after a way to remove sentiments from Sims?

If so, here is a link to a list of sentiment cheats:
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/12/10/the-sims-4-sentiment-cheats-base-game/

You can also remove a Sentiment through the cheat by typing -100 instead of 100!

Hope this helps!

Yes it does thank you so much. I play on very few cheats and limited mods and im sooooo lazy, and sooo picky lol ! I'll use any shortcuts i can to make my gameplay fun and entertaining..... i didnt know a whole lot about sentiments its a new chapter of learning, didnt get into the calendar yet lol so i needed this as safeguard for my special Sims... I really appreciate the link :D this is really helpful ! Ciao !
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    As long as your game is fun and entertaining for you then that's all that matters!
    You're very welcome, glad I could help.
  • legallyblondeelegallyblondee Posts: 28 Member
    Gallery is a lifesaver for noob builders like me!
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Gallery is a lifesaver for noob builders like me!

It sure is!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• sourapfelsourapfel Posts: 18 Member
    What I wish I have known when getting started is that backing up your saves is very important. I lost my legacy that I have put so much time, love and effort into when I was freeing up some space on my old computer and I still miss them until today :'(

Hello everyone. Missed this forum. Cannot log into my old acc for some reason so I guess along with a whole new simming journey I'm also starting a new profile on here.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited August 2021
    Very good tip, @sourapfel.

If you need help with your old account I'd suggest contacting customer support via this link:
    https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Edit: You may also be able to contact one of the forum Community Managers about it. :smile:
    Hello everyone!

Well I wish I knew how to reset a Sim when I started playing. This would have been so helpful!!!

I am amazed at what the possibilities bring to everyone. When i started i did only building for... i wont say how long..... because i couldnt even play a Sim. lol
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    karibird wrote: »
    I wish I was better at building! I've been playing for yeaaars and I can build a beautiful looking house from the outside... but then I have no idea what to do with the inside. The layout, the decor, everything. It's so frustrating! Other simmer's builds on the gallery have been a godsend.

Look for some books you can use. Like house floorplans and decorating books with pictures to get ideas.
    L00NYL0V3 wrote: »
    I apologize if this question has been asked before, but has anyone found a way around the effects of the "tragic clown" costume? I have a Sim that the costume would be *perfect* for, but I'm really tired of the costume making him cry incessantly and automatically applying hideous makeup over the makeup I already chose for him.

Have you tried the carefree trait?
    Hi, I'm new :) I already posted on another newbie thread, but it looks like a much older one. Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out how this forum works. I'm excited to contribute to Sim-related discussions ^_^ I just got the Island Living pack today (I'm very stingy with myself when it comes to getting new pack, so I don't have many) and I'm vicariously living my best life, building sand castles on the beach rn haha

Also, I was wondering if there's a part of the forum where Simmers just casually chat about their gameplay? I'm super interested in how other people like to enjoy this game. Thanks!
    Watch sims4 lets play videos.

• AC_44AC_44 Posts: 8 New Member
    Can child sims no longer drown in the game? I recently saw a video claiming this, and when I tested it in my game it does seem that children won't drown (the child was in the pool for several days with zero energy).

I know drowning was broken but a patch around the release of Island Living, but was under the impression it was fixed by a later patch.

I tried googling for answers, but couldn't find anything. Is this a bug on my end or has drowning for child sims actually been removed?
  • bellicosebabebellicosebabe Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Arie03 said:

>
    > Next I realized I take a ton of screenshots (pictures) of my sim family. I had over 1200 pics in my save folder. That made my game lag as well, probably the most. Sooo, you guessed it, had to clean it up! I couldn't dare part ways with the photos, they're memories of my Sims existence. I invested in a external SD drive and transferred the photos and saves on to it. That was my very best investment as far as better GP. I was able to remove the excess saves and photos and store them is a safe place for later use. Clearing up that space improved my GP by far!
    >

I love that! I had an extra SD card from college, and I use it almost exclusively for save files. I had no idea the pictures might be slowing me down. I will def have to move them :)
  • bellicosebabebellicosebabe Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Samlish said:
    > I heard from a wise person once, when building, imagine the little in game skill meter over your head as you build the house. They said it helps haha :smile:

Haha, that's cute
  • lovespell79lovespell79 Posts: 8 New Member
    On the open for business expansion pack does anyone know how to send a funky sim home without closing your entire business? This is driving me crazy.
  • chuckjaymoorechuckjaymoore Posts: 60 Member
    edited September 2021
    Empty lots can make a world feel kind of empty, but that doesn't have to be the case. The Gallery has a lot of builds in fill in the empty lots. I'm very OCD about how everything looks like from Manage Worlds. It's very important to me that the houses are made specifically to look cool in a neighborhood. The Library has some really good houses to place in your worlds. Some of the lots are only available to place after buying the corresponding packs.

1fCMvrL.png

I recommend buying Paranormal and Tiny Living. Each stuff packs costs $9.99 USD. The price is totally worth it! If your budget is pretty tight, just wait for them to go on sale. EA has the packs on sale several times a year.

After buying either of these packs, clicking on a world will trigger a pop-up saying: "Would like to place the lot now?" I recommend placing the lots since they are amazing! Duplantier Dwelling was built-by Doctor Ashley and is the best house she ever built, but that's because she was contracted by EA to build the lot. EA has a lot of restrictions for the lots the are shipped with the game. I personally like EA's restrictions.

Iy9rnYy.png
    2hondFe.png

Placing the lots have made a huge different to each world, as you can see from the before and after pictures. Pendula View and Bedrock Strait are now full neighborhoods and the houses look cool together in each neighborhood!

Gallery ID: 1mooresimmer
    YouTube channel: youtube.com/@1mooresimmer/
    TikTok: tiktok.com/@1mooresimmer
  • LunarStarsLunarStars Posts: 2 New Member
    Just a little tip when buying packs:
    Make sure it's worth it, meaning you like it and you'll use it. An example of this is how I want the parenthood pack. Im not sure about the general view on it but personally I would get it because I like gameplay that helps form a character and I commonly play with children and teens, so I'll enjoy it and I'll definitely be using it!.
    But before you get a pack, please watch a review on it or at least read up about it. Also do what others have been suggesting: Buy a pack online when they are ON SALE. It's not unusual to see a pack on sale so take advantage of that.

P.S. Im not a new simmer, I've just only made an account on the forums & this is my first post :D.
  • LotusloadsLotusloads Posts: 1 New Member
    One thing I wish I knew when first started out was Facebook groups based off the Sims 4. You learn alot from Simmer's all over the world & in groups is the easiest way ( I have found ) to do just that. Every day I learn something new & I've been Simming since Sims City!

I've got more tips.
    Reach out to those in the community! Find a group that fits your style/fits your vibe & enjoy sharing what you do in the Sims world with others.
    Find a Youtuber/Twitch Streamer you can enjoy watching & learning from ( my personal favorites are James Turner & Sims Grown on YouTube ).
    Have fun!! And live your best Sims life!
    Yeah ! Thats so cool i can validate that lol, my city now with the latest pack i got (Windenberg and Mt Komorebi) after filling up my newcrest neighbourhood w all builds from the gallery ! TY TY TY its been a blessing ... im so immersed into the simcity aspect of the game, brings me back to my first game on Amiga ! And now im having an overload of real estate and theres no vacancy, i mean no vacant lots, vacant houses maybe a couple ! Personally im not comfortable enough w gameplay to buy seasons or even try eco ! Seems a whole nother set of parameters to handle, not ready yet... im having a hard time w heaters at mountain top as it is. lol BUT, there is a big bug, i have done research on the Mt Komorebi bug, and since i bought it i havent been able to the climbing excursion, not from the phone, nor the bathhouse. Any advice there ? its the only problem i couldnt solve so far... i can live without ! but id like to see the top though ....
    edited September 2021
    wow! im sorry *newsflash* i found this https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-SE-Excursion-Onsen-Lot-shows-as-generic-Llama-pic-Breaks/td-p/10386190/page/34 i read a little bit, cant read all of it but i found something, someone describing exactly what happens to me when i try it, in the ea bug fix report somthing a link i found randomly !!!! lol sorry fellas, thanks for all the work !!!!!! .. Soooooo i did like they said, i started a new game, it had to be a new game from scratch and i put in play my latest save from my library and went up top, it worked fine, ( recorded it ;) ) and i deleted that game lol i just dont want to have to re-install all the lots i placed on my 9 turfs, and the players i got in play, like i cant re-place my population, it would be like deportation !
    Post edited by Slacker on
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I know I am a little late but I have been playing the sims since TS1 I would say first make your own sims this will give you more of a connection with your sims family also try building your own house. don’t expect it to be as good some of the houses you see on You Tube I only started building in TS4 and I am still not good and I got the game day 1 I would also recommend getting a few GP’s and EP’s ( Cats & Dogs an Sessions are good ) don’t stress about building it comes with time enjoy.
  • SovereignSimmer242SovereignSimmer242 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @EA_Mai said:
    > I'll start! :) :
    >
    > Building can be a bit scary at first. It takes some time to learn how to get the best of the game’s building tools so don’t get discouraged if your houses look like giant boxes or the roof is not quite how you were hoping for. Practice makes perfection!

Thanks for the encouragement! I've been struggling with building. I usually end up giving up and using houses from the gallery :(
  • Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    edited September 2021
    > @EA_Mai said:
    > I'll start! :) :
    >
    > Building can be a bit scary at first. It takes some time to learn how to get the best of the game’s building tools so don’t get discouraged if your houses look like giant boxes or the roof is not quite how you were hoping for. Practice makes perfection!

Thanks for the encouragement! I've been struggling with building. I usually end up giving up and using houses from the gallery :(

The Gallery is a great stepping stone into building because, unlike online videos, (don't get me wrong, they're another great learning tool) you can hide walls, adjust your view and really dissect and study how the person built their creation in-game. You can also build onto them as you learn.
    One way the videos come in handy is by showing you tips and tricks you might not know about. Like, I learned you can press Ctrl+F while placing floor tiles and it'll change what you place from square to triangle pieces, allowing diagonal lines. I now like to do designs in the flooring on almost every one of by builds. I'm not an expert by any means but owe a lot to other players ideas for insight.
    The more you learn, the more fun and rewarding building becomes. It's my favorite aspect of the game.😁

Here's what I've done with just that one trick.
    yNiMvkc.jpg
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
    ...huh, i have had a little hurdle using the lots from the gallery; moving objects ! I dont really know how to use that cheat, its not something im considering using, (i got my specific set of cheats lol) ! so i have beautiful lots from the gallery, impressive stuff houses well designed but for some reason i cant use them when they have all sorts of things piled on top of each other. Most houses i can manage to remodel, deleteing everything and making everything functional for my Sims. And oh also i had a reflexion about the Mt.Komorebi bug ; since that pack is a separate pack (its a 'separate' app in the control panel from sims4) and so saved games dating prior to that instal will prolly always fail, even after re-installing the whole game, which i did when i transfered data to my new pc, i had the Snowy pack already. So im hoping there is a fix, or that somehow snowy escape can be merged into the sims4 system at some point.
  • Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    edited September 2021
    ...huh, i have had a little hurdle using the lots from the gallery; moving objects ! I dont really know how to use that cheat, its not something im considering using, (i got my specific set of cheats lol) ! so i have beautiful lots from the gallery, impressive stuff houses well designed but for some reason i cant use them when they have all sorts of things piled on top of each other. Most houses i can manage to remodel, deleteing everything and making everything functional for my Sims. And oh also i had a reflexion about the Mt.Komorebi bug ; since that pack is a separate pack (its a 'separate' app in the control panel from sims4) and so saved games dating prior to that instal will prolly always fail, even after re-installing the whole game, which i did when i transfered data to my new pc, i had the Snowy pack already. So im hoping there is a fix, or that somehow snowy escape can be merged into the sims4 system at some point.

You can press Ctrl+Shift+C to open the line for entering cheats. First and most important one is testingcheats true. Then, enter bb.moveobjects. You may not like using cheats but this one is important when downloading from the gallery, since a lot of builders use it.
    Supposedly, they just updated the gallery to fix this problem but that's all I know.
    Post edited by Justa_G00f on
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg