Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Orient Express community collab

Comments

• Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited February 2020
    @Jessabeans Sounds great! Thank you. I do like the idea of staggered festivals, and really St. Marks seems to be used mainly as a performance park anyway so having it as a showtime lot would be more accurate to RL>
    I would like to use perhaps the doors wall decor items from le Cirgue Esprit.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited February 2020
    @KarilynMonroe2 I like what I see in your added pictures of the base camp. :) The exterior is so pretty, and I especially like the dining and pool areas.

@romagi1 Beautiful apartment. I really love the teal color you used <3 but the green and peach are lovely, too, and my kind of colors. The storefronts look great, and the croissant bar is adorable.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    I *think* the farm is ready to go. There are a couple things I keep thinking about changing but that's how it always is. :D I just need to motivate myself to take and upload pictures. Hopefully (crossing fingers) there then won't be some rogue Store thing that sneaked in that I'll need to deal with. ;)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Jessabeans wrote: »

You can have several festival lots in a world and they will all work, there is no limit on festival markers. Issues with that are at 2am on the season change days (some people play with very short seasons so it would be every few sim days for them) the game will slow down swapping out the items so performance would depend on how many items were swapped for each season and staffing multiple stalls could be an issue.

Just brainstorming, If you wanted to, we could possibly stagger the festivals between lots since there are multiple places it could be, like having a Carnival themed spring festival ground in venice, but instead of swapping for summer it just gets packed up and the other festivals are held in (example Paris for Summer, Winter in London.) I will leave that up for discussion, but I am assuming people would prefer all the festivals be on the same lot? …

I think it’s a great idea to split the seasonal festivals in different lots. For some reason springtime in Paris comes to mind, no idea why lol 😊

• Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited February 2020
    Oh I like that idea too! Sounds perfect! A reason to visit the different parts of the world....

Spring in Paris
    Summer in Venice
    Fall in London
    Winter in the Alps
    Post edited by romagi1 on
  • Options
    I also like the idea of having different seasons' festivals on different lots. I played in a world like that (can't think which at the moment) and enjoyed seeing what would pop up where when the seasons changed. The lot, when not in its festival season, just needs to have some all-the-time interesting reason to exist.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Just to let you all know that I have had quite a major setback with my game. It looks like I will have to do a complete reinstall :'(
    Keeping fingers crossed that I can recover all the necessary files from my external hard drive ... I'll try and get back to building as soon as I can.
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Sorry to hear your game broke dear @Hidehi I hope everything works out and you get all the saves you need back! <3
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited February 2020
    @Hidehi - I do hope you can recover the files and I'm very sorry you are facing a complete reinstall. Big hugs!

Kids Kingdom small park across from school is ready:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9367112
    Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @Jessabeans, thinking maybe you missed my post, so in case you did, here it is again, lol.

@Jessabeans, quick question about plants and trees. For my park in London, I am using the Rosmead Gardens park in Notting Hill as my inspiration (as you gave me the idea, lol) and it has tons of ivy vines covered all along the fences. I'm enclosing the park with a wall/fence and now I'm thinking that putting vines on a 55x20 lot will be way too many plants. Is this correct? If so, I can maybe just put them around the gate entrances.

Were you wanting this park to be simple with maybe a few benches and trees or should I include a playground and other games and activities on this lot? Thanks, and hope your daughter gets over her ear infection soon.
  • Options
    I like that festival idea too!! :)

So sorry about your game @Hidehi , hope you can get it re-installed quickly.

@suzes, can't wait to see your Venice farm/vineyard.

@ciane, your park is really cute, and I like the name you chose for it. I forgot, where is this lot going again? Got ya rec'd.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I made this little houseboat last night. Not entirely happy with it so will be doing some tweaking while I playtest it today. During Carnival in Venice there is a nighttime boat parade through the Canals. its really beautiful with everyone in their costumes and many of the boats have acrobats and dancers performing on them. I wonder if that is where the original Parade "Floats" came from?
    original.jpg

Edit: I took out the stage/dance floor on my boat because my acrobats couldn't perform on it. Now that there is more room they can do acrobatics or...jump on a trampoline!

original.jpg

Post edited by KarilynMonroe2 on
  • Options
    @Sandraelle, Jessa answered this on the last page :smiley:
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    @Jessabeans, quick question about plants and trees. For my park in London, I am using the Rosmead Gardens park in Notting Hill as my inspiration (as you gave me the idea, lol) and it has tons of ivy vines covered all along the fences. I'm enclosing the park with a wall/fence and now I'm thinking that putting vines on a 55x20 lot will be way too many plants. Is this correct? If so, I can maybe just put them around the gate entrances.

Were you wanting this park to be simple with maybe a few benches and trees or should I include a playground and other games and activities on this lot? Thanks, and hope your daughter gets over her ear infection soon.

As far as I know, the Ivy (Are you thinking of using the Old Mill set Ivy?) counts as a decor item and it's not like the normal plants in the sense that the game engine doesn't calculate wind movement on it like it does with the world plants/trees. I think you could place more than 30 pieces of ivy on the lot without too much issue, it is fairly off to itself only by two houses. A playground or games area sounds like a nice addition.

and Thanks

And the playground is across the street from the London school.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    ciane wrote: »
    @Sandraelle, Jessa answered this on the last page :smiley:
    Sandraelle wrote: »

As far as I know, the Ivy (Are you thinking of using the Old Mill set Ivy?) counts as a decor item and it's not like the normal plants in the sense that the game engine doesn't calculate wind movement on it like it does with the world plants/trees. I think you could place more than 30 pieces of ivy on the lot without too much issue, it is fairly off to itself only by two houses. A playground or games area sounds like a nice addition.

and Thanks

And the playground is across the street from the London school.

OMG! :confused::#:D lol, thanks so much for pointing that out Ciane! Not sure how I missed it. So sorry @Jessbeans, and yes, I was going to use the ivy from the Old Mill set, so thank you for your answers, that helps!

P.S. Oh yes, I now see your playground location on the map - that will be a perfect park for the school kids! :)
  • Options

Little shimmies will have lots of fun in your park @ciane . Link added to page 1. Well done! 😄
  • Options

Wow Jessabeans, I’ve finally dragged myself away from building to check out some of the lots in the world. Your WIPs are amazing... Westminster shell, Jardin des Tuileries, Louvre and the fusion lounge... wow. Can’t wait to see these finished 😃
  • Options

Sorry to hear about your game @Hidehi . Hope the reinstall goes very well.
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I'm sorry @Sandraelle, I forgot to tag you in my response so it's no wonder you didn't see it. Thank you for quoting it to her @Ciane.

I'm sorry about your game issues @Hidehi, I hope the reinstall goes smoothly for you.

Thank you @Soocoolsim, I hope to get them finished soon. It's been a treat seeing all the great lots everyone has been building for the world, I can't wait to explore them all further when it's finished.

I worried, before I read that the sims were on a trampoline that something else had gone wrong. That looks like a fun boat @KarilynMonroe2.
  • Options
    So . . . I've uploaded the farm and, of course, even though I put huge amounts of effort into checking what content I was using, I still managed to use a few things I should not. :s They're not a big deal to change out, but I think I will leave up my Exchange version and just send an edited one to @Jessabeans. I'll list them here since it's possible something was used and I missed it.

Aromatic Decor - I always think this candle is from Master Suite, but obviously I'm wrong.

The others, I guess I just wasn't thinking about them at all when I grabbed them:

Dreams of Carrots - a plant; I can easily use another
    Secret Sonny and Miss Mystery - silhouette paintings of boy and girl; I'll figure something else out for the spot I placed them

Not sure why I was thinking we had Bohemian Fruit and Nuts set on our list - we don't, just a couple individual items - and I know I stuck in a few of the garden plants from that set. If they're not being used elsewhere, I can replace them with something different.

I also wanted to mention that I had my tester sim place some nectar bottles on the dining table and in the racks in the cellar, and I fully expect them not to get exported with the world, but liked having them in the Exchange upload anyway.

Oh, and I've been meaning to bring up that Vineyard Villa Furnishings are in @romagi1 's pictures because it came up on one of my lots, but I hadn't used it, and we couldn't find any reason for it to have been listed. It again comes up on this lot - thinking there must be a pattern, but I couldn't find one. I didn't use the objects from it because I thought we weren't actually using it, but some things from it would have made sense for this type of build (not that I'm interested in changing things at this point). Speaking of things that get listed (and did), the Little Tiki Idol is on there, and I think it's due to a wood pattern (the one above the front kitchen entry?).

49594157577_85152efd71_c.jpg

Here is the Exchange listing for the lot as it is: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9367326
    Pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/suzses/albums/72157713282551946/with/49594157577/

I'll be back tomorrow to catch up on what everyone else has been doing. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @suzses Some of the Bohemian Fruit and Nuts and Vinyard Villa set are on the list of items used in the world, though they may not be listed in the items used in our builds, they are on @Jessabeans list of items she has installed so I added them to mine. I think you are correct about the other items however.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I've finished my houseboat. I'll also be uploading a household version with my acrobat sims that I created for the build.
    @Jessabeans I believe I only used 2 items from the Cirque set as we discussed earlier.
    https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9367327 I did not use either of those beds the exchange is showing!
  • Options
    @suzses The farm looks wonderful. The only items not on the list are the carrot plant and those picture. You did really good! Can't wait to add it to my game!
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Thanks @suzses for letting me know about the Vineyard Villa set! I've removed the set and the picture from your previous snip and removed the Villa, carrot plant and child pics from this one. And added the snip from @KarilynMonroe2 showing the items that are on the list. :)

Edit: While checking for the desk I saw the Villa set on @KarilynMonroe2 List #6 so are we using the whole set or not?

Your'e farmhouse is Gorgeous! I love all the stonework and the colors you used! The kids bath toys on the shelf in the bathroom is cute! Great idea!

@KarilynMonroe2 both of those beds have been used already so it's not a deal. I only see the 2 new items also. But I'm not finding the Antiquated Correspondence Desk. I could have missed it as it is late so I'll check again when I get up.

Your boat looks very festive indeed! I love those feather mask!
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited February 2020
    @suzses I have Bohemian Fruit and Nuts installed, because originally when I was building Jardin des Tuileries and the concern was not using store content for accessibility I installed it thinking, the plants would revert to base game plants if someone didn't have it. It was another thing I forgot about when pairing down, so you are correct it is on my installed list. Your farmhouse is gorgeous!

@romagi1 As far as I know, there could be items from Vineyard Villa used in the train cars, but it wasn't one of the full sets that have been installed. The Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection, Brunch at the Old Mill, build items from Palace of Versailles and Full Regal Living Set are the full sets installed. There are a handful of free sets that I couldn't installed the one items used, I don't have time to link them this morning but it's the thanksgiving and lunar new year sets. Also the mardi gras set.

A lot of items from Live, Laugh, Love and Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study) have been used but not the full sets

that's as much as I can recall, I would have to check against lists for any other sets, and there is debate on not using all of the Regal set
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @suzses - You are a truly a building genius with knack for decorating with a soft palette! Structurally, there are so many little details that many of us would never have thought of! An indoor outdoor kitchen with that huge dining area! The recessed windows with room for plants! The outside area under the stairs... the out buildings with their multi-levels and various activities... the stables, chickens, hay, wine/nectar, and of course the garden! LOVE your genius!

@KarilynMonroe2 - What a wonderful festival boat! I love the shape, lights, colors, decorations... it's a party waiting to happen (or already happening)!

And, those two beds show up because of the unique store patterns that come with them, like the tiki idol! So, the striped pattern and the wavy lines and dots were both used to decorate something in the build.

I've finished upgrading everything in the first duplex, but I'm still CASting everything. I was diverted from building and decorating as I watched youtube videos on tiny homes yesterday.

We have blue skies here and the weather should warm up and be nice this weekend. I hope you all have some nice days ahead too.

@romagi1 - You, are doing such a great job tracking items. I LOVE your visual lists and use them constantly. Thank you!
    Post edited by ciane on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top