Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Game/Stuff Pack is your favourite?

I'm looking to get a new Stuff pack to inject more life into my game. I don't have that many, just Laundry Day stuff pack and Dine Out game pack I think. I have all the EP's though. So which Game Pack or Stuff Pack is your favourite and why?

Also, just a heads up, I'm not interested in Strangerville or Vampires. I hate creepy stuff xD

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Parenthood is amazing. I use it constantly.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    saysay_playssimssaysay_playssims Posts: 7 New Member
    I would go with Island Living! As a beach lover, it's fun to have my sims go to Sulani to swim and play in the ocean rather than a pool (and I love the mermaids and dolphins 😊)

Cats and Dogs is a close second. I own 6 cats, and I always like to give my sims kittens or adult cats. Sometimes I do let them adopt a dog here and there.
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Other than Vampires and Strangerville that you are not interested in, my fave GP is Jungle Adventure.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Island Living, Vampires or Parenthood.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Well, I have one of each... the Game Pack is Vampires... so... Bowling Night...?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I would highly recommend 'Parenthood' for a game pack. For a stuff pack, I'd suggest 'Kids Room' or 'Backyard'.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited August 2019
    Well, Vampires is my favourite GP and overall pack, and Laundry Day is my favourite SP, but since you don't like the former and already have the latter that's no good for you. My advice is always to check out the SimsVIP guides and other reviews if you haven't already to see which packs appeal to you the most as every player is different.

I'm a family player so my favourite GP after Vampires is Parenthood. It adds so much gameplay and meaning to how your sims are raised and also comes with great CAS/build objects. I honestly wouldn't want to play without it. It also fits in nicely with Laundry Day as doing the washing helps child/teen sims learn responsibility.

My favourite SP after Laundry Day is probably Toddler Stuff since I love playing toddlers and it gives them some much needed CAS items, as well as play objects for play dates and toddler parks. If you prefer child sims though, Kids Room is another good pack and gives child sims more to do. I also really love Backyard Stuff, which works really well with Seasons. It has some nice CAS items and I use the bird feeder and wind chimes in almost all my builds. If you're not into family play though, Vintage Glamour is another of my favourites. I love the vintage theme and the butler works particularly well for famous/rich sims. It all depends on how you play though which one is best for you.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Parenthood for GP and Toddler Stuff for SP.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Parenthood, hands down. It changed family play for me. And the character values system is a fantastic addition
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Parenthood for reasons mentioned.

I'm a big fan of Spa Day too. Sending your sims to health spas can help solve tense moodlets. They can also have massages and yoga classes that boost social needs and gives them a massive moodlet boost. They can also meditate. This all increases the wellness skill and once that's high enough, sims can teleport.

Plus there are fizzy fruity drinks on tap that replenish the fun need.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Parenthood & Kids Room Stuff.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    FitcheurFitcheur Posts: 27 Member
    Parenthood is definitly the Best GP.
    For stuff pack, Toddler and Kids Room are very handy, but I rarely use toddler and kids.
    Movie Hangout and Laundry day are my favorite in term of clothes and objects!
  • Options
    NeuroticSimsNeuroticSims Posts: 2 New Member
    Parenthood for sure. Island Living seems really great, but I haven't really been playing it out much yet.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Parenthood and jungle adventure are good packs. Parenthood adds lots of gameplay for familie. Jungle adventure has a great vacation world and exploring the jungle is a nice break from every day sim life.

For the stuff packs I really enjoy toddler stuff because it adds clothing for the little ones and much needed playground equipment for toddlers.
  • Options
    ayanamifaerudoayanamifaerudo Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't have all the packs yet (and not planning to have them all) but of the ones I have I liked the laundry stuff.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Vampires is a good one! You should give it a try ;) it has both good Build/ buy items, and gameplay that I always come back to. Defo one of the better game packs. Plus I feel it’s one of the most versatile as it’s pretty compatible with all the other packs
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2019
    Vampires would be top but you say you don’t want that one. Second best in my opinion is Jungle Adventure and after that Parenthood.
  • Options
    ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 38 Member
    I'd say Parenthood is my favorite, since it affects the gameplay for most of my playthroughs. It's funny because I originally didn't think I'd like it much, since I thought playing families would be boring. It ended up making me play families more often! I hope we get more DLC like it.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2019
    Currently my favorite GP is Jungle Adventure. My favorite SP is Movie Hangout and Kitche stuff I guess.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Drzombae1Drzombae1 Posts: 37 Member
    get to work/dine out
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Strangerville is my fave but I guess non creepy second fave is Dine Out which you have so third fave is probably Spa Day since I use it's resources frequently. If you are a family player my suggestion is Parenthood.
    Fave Stuff Pack is Vintage Glamour for beds, butlers and build/buy.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    PrincessCheebPrincessCheeb Posts: 3 New Member
    GP: Parenthood. SP: Kids Room. I play a lot of families though, so YMMV.
  • Options
    AgenaAgena Posts: 36 Member
    Um... Parenthood, Spa Day or Jungle Adventure. I really like Romantic Garden too (though Laundry Day is actually my favorite stuff pack).
  • Options
    suzy21suzy21 Posts: 7 New Member
    [quote="Teena94;d-963947"]I'm looking to get a new Stuff pack to inject more life into my game. I don't have that many, just Laundry Day stuff pack and Dine Out game pack I think. I have all the EP's though. So which Game Pack or Stuff Pack is your favourite and why?

Also, just a heads up, I'm not interested in Strangerville or Vampires. I hate creepy stuff xD[/quote]

Parenthood
  • Options
    halihali Posts: 66 Member
    Considering how you're looking for a GP because you'd like to "add more life to [your] game", I'd suggest Parenthood because it adds traits second generation sim may earn or you can manually enter for any grown sim using the cheat: Traits.equip_trait X (see below) -

traits.equip_trait GoodManners OR traits.equip_trait BadManners
    traits.equip_trait LifeSkills_Responsible OR traits.equip_trait LifeSkills_Irresponsible
    traits.equip_trait Mediator OR traits.equip_trait Argumentative
    traits.equip_trait Compassionate OR traits.equip_trait LifeSkills_Unfeeling
    traits.equip_trait EmotionalControl OR traits.equip_trait Uncontrolled

It's been awhile since I've played...but from memory Good Manners allows sims to make friends super~ quick; if a sim is equipped with the trait as soon as s/he introduce themselves to another sim--bam--almost instant good friendship is established! Bad Manners and Argumentative traits are funny in that the social wheel will open up exclusive-to-trait rude interactions. Responsible sims automatically preform better at work because their default performance at work is to 'work hard' (you'll no longer have to select this manually when you send sims off to work if s/he has the Responsible trait. I can't remember how Compassionate/Unfeeling affects sim behavior or their social wheel options (I think Compassionate sims have an option to calm angry/foul-mooded sims?). And, lastly, emotionally Uncontrolled sims crack me up because they'll sporadically walk around moppy-like (in addition to unlocking some other trait-exclusive options/moodlets).

Additionally, since you already own Laundry Day having Parenthood allows children to earn points towards being Responsible if you allow them to do the laundry. (Just be sure to upgrade the dryer or use a clothing line if you don't want fire havoc on the lot!)

I enjoy healthy eating and fitness in RL and building in TS4, so Spa Day--despite the religious elements that personally make me uncomfortable--has been very well used in my gameplay. The BB items are great for a modern/clean/simple-looking aesthetic and the CAS items add nice casual and fitness related assets. I've disabled the New Age music options from my gameplay, but the wall-mounted speaker and radio are more reliable--and have a slightly higher fun value--than any of the other music playing devices thus far in game; so almost all my home builds and venues have those items. If moodlets are important to your gameplay, the social interactions that unlocks as you begin to master the Wellness skill will enable sims to temporarily influence other sims to be of a varying mindsets (i.e. moodlets like Focused). One of my most used game features is brewing the tea that unlocks at level 10 of the Wellness skill because it offers a better moodlet than Pitch Black tea.

With regards to SP and your desire to "add more life to [your] game" - have you considered Movie Hangout Stuff? After watching a movie (alone or with company) sims are able to discuss what they just watched and--depending on their traits--an option to set their favorite movie genre might pop up (personally, I wish I could set a sims favorite movie genre as I'd please--regardless of his/her traits). Personally, the loud/vibrant 70's style furniture isn't something I like the look of, but if you have sims with bold/bright tastes, perhaps the BB items will match their aesthetic. I like the pack's popcorn maker small appliance because the popcorn lasts indefinitely in the maker and sims of all ages can grab servings as a quick snack (it's handy feature to use if you enjoy family gameplay or are playing the 100 Baby Challenge and/or if you like having snacks available at public venues). Out of the CAS items, the assets I use most from this pack are the hairstyles (but, again, that's due to subjectivity--not into the bohemian-styled clothing...the female styled clothing remind me of American clothing company Free People's clothes from several years ago, I have no idea where the pack's team pulled inspiration from when it comes to the men's clothing options though). Lastly, I've found that MHS goes well with CL EP (since you mentioned owning all the EPs).

Hope this helps! Hope you find content you'll use often and enjoy!