Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My mods stopped working :-(

PawelK198604PawelK198604 Posts: 323 Member
Everything worked until today because EA released some new 🐸🐸🐸🐸 updates :disappointed:

I have Woohoo mod, Comand Center, with the WooHoo module, and now I will have to update everything from the beginning :-(

It's a pity that such things like the Woohoo mod do not have as DLC, or that kids can not fall in love with each other, I'm not a 🐸🐸🐸🐸, but that's life :)

It would be nice if Sim could get seriously ill with cancer, or be born with a genetic disorder like down syndrome, for example, or Asperger Syndrome (that would be good because I have Asperger myself.

It should be a simulation of life!
There should be some DLC that introduces serious topics that are thoughtful about adult Sims enthusiasts or more thoughtful  youth
{EA_Lanna: edited to remove name of Woohoo mod}
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited November 2018
    We can't talk and out that mod here on the official forums because of its adult rating. Honestly that kinda dlc has no place with the sims.

Those topics are too contreversal and I really wouldn't want to see that in this game and having family members that suffered from cancer and passed I REALLY wouldn't want to. Seeing sims suffer in that manner just really leaves an I unsettling feeling in my stomach. Any sickness or "disesases' are rather light hearted in this game. Bloaty head and things like itchy plumbob.

What mods are for there's even a mod that goes into detail about blood pressure, weight, general health and going for a checkup via rabbit hole.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    We can't talk and out that mod here on the official forums because of its adult rating. Honestly that kinda dlc has no place with the sims.
    What does then if not life simulation? Maybe you're not an adult but lots of people who play are.

But OP, it was known a long time ago that the update was gonna break mods. If you use cc and mods it's your job to keep them up to date. The mods are really irrelevant to the original content. If you wanna use them, you gotta take care of them yourself.

Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited November 2018
    Simpkin wrote: »
    What does then if not life simulation? Maybe you're not an adult but lots of people who play are.

But OP, it was known a long time ago that the update was gonna break mods. If you use cc and mods it's your job to keep them up to date. The mods are really irrelevant to the original content. If you wanna use them, you gotta take care of them yourself.

I very much am an adult and been playing this game since the first game I don't think something like that has a place in a game like the sims and that's my own opinion and has nothing to do with age.

@PawelK198604 I waited off on updating until MCCC was updated that and to see what CC was reported broken as well.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I very much am an adult and been playing this game since the first game I don't think something like that has a place in a game like the sims and that's my own opinion and has nothing to do with age.
    Okay well, most people like the adult stuff, in life and in game. Nothing wrong with it.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @Simpkin I would guess that the majority of people do not want adult content in The Sims. I certainly don’t.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm a 27 y/o woman and I do NOT want that kind of content in the Sims. That makes that kids can't play it (well they can, but it's not appropriate and if I were a parent I wouldn't let my kids play it) and The Sims has always been a game that kids could play, and it should keep being one.
    I've been playing since the 1st game, I was a kid, I could enjoy it and I want other kids to enjoy Sims as well just as I did.

And also like other people said, it's against the rules of the forum to talk about THAT mod.

About the mods, creators of those mods will update them soon to the new Python version I'm sure.
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    In any case, we are not allowed to discuss those mods in this forum so whether or not they are appropriate, chances are this thread will be closed.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Simpkin I would guess that the majority of people do not want adult content in The Sims. I certainly don’t.

You would guess (assume) wrong. The only "adults" that want that I would assume also want x-rated type content in a majority of games. This type life simulator has always meant to be light hearted and more of making fun of stereotype troupes. As an adult, I certainly do not find x-rated content appealing and that is exactly what I view that mod to be.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Options
    lol yous can't stop anyone from making mods or people using them. Other times yous are all loud and everywhere with what you want in the game and EA has to cater to yous and when some modders do what people want but EA won't do yous get your panties in a twist. Makes sense.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Lol this post was definitely a troll/joke :)
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I'm sorry that your mods are not working but it is not EA's nor Maxis's job to make sure mods are compatible with their games nor should they have to. All you can do is wait for the creators of said mods to update them.

As for whether adult content should be made available the answer is no it shouldn't. The game is designed to be at most rated T so that players of all ages can play. The sims is also already rated M in some country due to being able to make same gender relationships. Should actual adult content be added it could cause some of those country to restrict the selling or potentially ban it.

Overall leave that type of content in the hands of modders so that players can choose to add it to their game.

As for diseases and disorders they have already stated that those are things they want to look into but are very sensitive subjects that would require lots of planning as they do not want to offend anyone.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited November 2018
    Hi Simmers,

Discussing certain modded content on the forums would not be appropriate if these particular mods would raise the rating of the game. This is the case with adult-themed mods. Our forum rule from the "Don'ts Treated With Zero-Tolerance" section outlines this:
    Posting anything that references adult materials. This includes linking to adult-themed mods for games. We've got young gamers on here, too.
    Not sure what the rating of the game is? The Sims is rated 'T' for Teen meaning 13 and upwards. You'll notice the T rating is displayed at the bottom of this forum and if you select it it will redirect you to a ESRB Ratings guide. :)

I understand that technical issues sometimes require you to list the mods you have so that members can better help you identify the issue. We're ok with that as long as you don't list mods that are not suitable for younger Simmers by name, link to where said mods can be downloaded from or go in-depth as to what said mod has allowed you to do, etc. This will protect young Simmers from learning of it's true name and finding content that isn't age appropriate.

To surmise, discussing/referring to adult themed mods outside of 'technical issues' isn't ok. Please keep that in mind for again and look out for younger Simmers. I am closing this thread.

Thanks folks,

Lanna
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top