Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Keidra the puddles can be annoying, but I had a maid and, now a butler, keep up with puddles.

That's actually related one if Juniper's most noticeable bugs. Merfolk change form in the tub and sometimes leave puddles after splashing. I'll share the screenshot later, but he's hovering next to the tub when he takes a bath. He doesn't have his legs missing when in water... actually that's probably one of the most annoying elements... if you use the cheat: Traits.Equip_trait trait_occultmermaid_mermaidform on children and toddlers that are merfolk, you can actually see their merform, and the only thing missing from the form is a smaller version of the adult tails...

Merchildren are drawn to water like the adults, they have merfolk behaviors, and now, Juniper is bugged with the hydration need replacing his hygiene need. They took kids into consideration because merfolk can't use the charmer's lullaby on them, but I just hate the half measures...

But yeah, I also don't like the puddles, especially in a small bathroom.
  • Options
    SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    edited February 2021
    Kali Hargrove graduated with honors. Congratulations, scholar!

A5-B05156-BE36-47-D3-AB8-C-A0061-B22-F678.jpg39-A29-B6-A-9-C9-A-441-A-8191-B6-D9-B5-D1-E822.jpg
    409-E4-B71-D822-4113-897-A-AB709896-ACB5.jpg

The family had a celebratory dinner at Chez Llama.

02-DEAF73-FE4-D-4324-8439-D4891375-E7-B7.jpg
    2854762-F-8-DE8-4744-85-B9-0-F951-C3-D31-A4.jpg
    43728620-6480-4-D26-9-A07-608350-C93-AE9.jpg
    D0159446-E9-A6-4-F54-BAF0-9-A642-F89-D466.jpg
    EAD9-E216-556-D-4-EFB-9651-FE44-BF5-BE7-EA.jpg

• Options
    KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    @Metior_Ice
    As I said Sims can't route to it to mop it up because the puddle goes under the tub, not to the side of it, so a maid and a butler would do me absolutely 0 good. I'd just have more Sims getting distracted trying to mop up the puddle they can't reach.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Options
    @Keidra that is a frustrating situation. I can imagine the frustration from my current bugs.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    @Keidra Hilda is a precious kiddo and it's fun to see Ezio as a regular houseguest. We knew he was a good dad already, this is just confirmation.
    Any conversation between my household members usually starts with a hug. Including when they're having dinner and one of them wants to start talking to another one-- they have to get up and hug first, then sit down in another chair from where they started, THEN say whatever they wanted to say. My RL family is a very huggy family, but we don't take it as far as that.
    And I really dig your new kitchen/living area with the aquarium.

@Becka28 that was very sweet, and actually the bloopers were my favorite part, I think we can all relate ;)
    Quin's mom looks like a goddess!
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Florence Gotham-Shaw and Lucas Gotham got married today!!
    Not sure how to post images...
    They went on a cruise for their honeymoon while Amber stayed behind and took care of the farm.
    And Florence is preggers!!! Soon she'll know its gender. :blush:
    Poor Amber broke up with her girlfriend Hollie. She still isn't entirely sure if she's bi.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited February 2021
    I had a gender reveal photo taken for the Cole's. Travis and his wife are expecting their second child and it's a BOY!
    Grandpa Preston holding his granddaughter Alyson(whose shirt says 'Promoted to BIG SISTER') Grandma Quinn with her arm around her hubby, while Mom(Molly) and Dad(Travis) have their hands on Mom's growing belly.
    f2UvW9G.png

ETA: Technically, baby Masen will be the 10th child of fifth generation(of blood-related kids) born into fifth generation. My counter says four because Ryan, Katherine(founders), their son Ben and his wife Alison(first generation) were culled before I realized what happened.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Update. Amber is desperately in love with her high school friend Betsy.
    They also have "moved" (bulldozed the lot) to a small, modernish farmhouse. They'll still maintain a garden, but now Florence is a freelance programmer, Amber is a Gardener doing painting and floral arrangements on the side, and Lucas is still unemployed. He makes woodworks tho.
    Also, Florence is in her third trimester. It's a girl! Still haven't decided on a name, haha.
    They all went to a comedy club the other day and the comedian hired was Florence & Amber's father, the great (dead) Blake Clockwell.
    Finally, they had a small Harvestfest meal. Florence invited her friend Fiona, but she was the only guest.
    Any name suggestions would be appreciated. :smile:
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
  • Options
    KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    edited February 2021
    @mightysprite
    Yeah that's how high friendships work in this game, if they have a high relationship with each other, very commonly they'll hug before talking as a greeting, and I don't mean that. The Eisensterns just... hug each other for no reason a lot. They'll be talking and randomly do a "hug" and then a "hug lovingly" and then another "hug" back and forth for a few seconds. So far the toddlers interrupt a random adult to hug them, I think Gabriel and Hilda hugged each other once. There are just a lot of actual hug interactions, aside from the greeting ones.

And yeah, Ezio wasn't around much for a bit after he first moved out but I figure he probably wanted a break from the kids anyway lol I mean he had four kids. That's a lot. x_x I do like Hilda. I'm gonna have a hard time deciding on heir for this generation. Oof.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Grim and Aislinn celebrated New Year with a fire dance (spoiler tagged for Grim out of uniform)
    q6iv4MK.png

Paige got a promotion at work, and celebrated with her wife.

c6yvcGT.png

g89E7k8.png

Delilah aged up into a teen & Erishkigal and Paige threw a party for her

NTMvb6T.png

1p7mpGi.png

XBspcYp.png
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    My sims are really testing my patience. Now Lyarra's twin sister is expecting triplets with her ghost lover. Where in seven hells am I supposed to put all these babies?
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @Rosysimmer love the sim's insurance fraud :smiley: Always wanted to try that idea but my sims often set other people's things on fire instead.

@Lucy_Henley I thoroughly recommend Snowy Escape especially if you want a beautiful and exciting world for vacations. I think my sims had a marvellous time and there is plenty left for them to do and experience after a 7 day vacation. I put it in my game at 5pm and (accidently) played and played and suddenly it was 4am. It was the best pack I've had in ages.
    Your pregnant sim peeing themself made me laugh - it happened A lot in my 100 babies save and they always get so miserable (as you would).

@Daephene I love the final thumbnail you settled on - it looks good in the forum. Slate's hair was a challenge - it was surprising how many styles did not suit him - even some of my "never fail" faithfuls like the hair Rowan has or Morgyn's hair. He ended up with the best of what I could bare. He actually suited the long slicked back Moscino hair and a couple of others similar to what he had - and shaved looked great. I didn't want long hair to fit the Brenda story and I wanted the gray visible so no shaved. I decided to extend the Brenda story as it felt more natural to have a failed long term relationship: my cousin had a similar relationship with a lady with the same sort of age gap when he was just out of university. They split because she had 3 kids already and didn't want more but he really wanted to do the whole baby thing (so funny how our experiences colour what we see in game). Sadly, Brenda and Slate are almost perfect together -except for the age. If I wasn't doing a challenge they would probably be together forever - the drama and disagreements were made up by me for the challenge. (although Shari being thirsty for Slate is the game) Slate flirted with her once as a teen for the screenshot and Shari became obsessed with him - good for my challenge - he needed to marry a neat sim and she has the neat trait - but sad for poor Brenda.

@AlwaysAsking I spent much more time than I care to admit looking at the dozens of Ian and Lawrence shots in your imgur. Thank you sooo much for the link. You kow my screen shot folder looks extremely similar but with Quin and Rohan. LOL I love the shots of Ian swinging from the branch - I think it sums up what Lawrence does to Ian. There were so may winners that when I try to pick just a few to comment on - my list blows out to about half the shots you posted. I love so many of the pose packs you found. I only have 4 or 5 at the moment and I think I will change them out when they become stale (my poor computer needs a chance of not overheating from too much mods/cc).
    And Joey awwww I didn't comment on him last post but you know I enjoyed his shots too. I would ask J to dance class as well - but I don't think I could ever be as successfully seductive as Joey was being. Short interlude - while I imagine dancing with J. sigh - as long as I don't have to marry him lol. I like your improved J. - you fixed the staring, bug eyes eyes - did you do anything else? I agree that all those male sims are tiny. Jessica was almost too slim (where are your internal organs ma'am? and Diego still made her look fat).

I love your simself and Thorne - I like both your signature choices (no. 1 may just be my choice by a whisker) but I prefer the one (about 5 down) where you have the child on your shoulders and you can see Thorne's face as he kisses the child. It just seems loving and happy. I smiled when you noticed Don in the background both regular Don and your teen Don show up in that save.
    Regular Don is a braver man than many and he has married Cream Straud - one of Vlad's triplets from the first gen 100 babies (so Quin's Aunt). I bet he's too scared to play around on Cream who is a full on evil vampire.
    vqvaR31.jpg
    Teen Don is not a teen anymore - married a pretty townie (who looks a lot like a brunette version of your simself) and they have 6 dogs. It keeps teen Don too busy for trouble I think.
    o8JMyQy.jpg
    Also I love Slate's really unusual features - the genetic lottery is what I love about playing generationally - both in my family and the townies. I love his nose that I would never have made myself as well as his interesting facial proportions. No wonder Shari and Brenda were both hooked after a single flirt from him. Artbreeder Slate - he looks like an optical illusion picture and plays tricks on my brain - it alternates between young and old and masculine/ feminine happy/ scowling as I look at it. Altogether a very unique person - with a lovely (if untidy) personality.
    DRa5MC0.jpg

@MelanieScribbles Enjoying Diego's adventures as a medium. He seems to love Snowy Escape. My sims may just be going there soon :wink: Does the climbing wall contribute to climbing skill? I will have to add some to my gyms if it does. And as Quin and Rohan both have maximum handiness hopefully repairing them wont result in electrocution!
    Quin's mother Venetian, was always a beauty (there is a reason Quin was a winner in the genetic lottery) - although like her mother before her - a pretty terrible and unmaternal mother - so funny that Quin is the only one that actually loves being a parent. :
    soTcgzx.png
    3LN8ggc.png
    She was more interested in fame...
    lIbUnna.png
    And Koteyka's Tony Stark sim - they married when she became an elder
    F6c4kRh.png
    rare parenting moment
    zmbvBbn.png
    She has had 34 children in this picture - only Quin to go..
    F6RXjbq.png

@AngeliqueAdelaide I remember your tragic Alexander - I enjoy that you use him in your stories - so many people use Cassandra and not so many use him.

No post today...
    Just some love for good little pupper Beowoof who was locked in the house during the wedding (because no one wants a puppy doing a giant pee puddle and rolling in it in the centre of their ceremony) - plus he would have been jealous and barking to be picked up.
    EyGeb7q.png

• Options
    @DeafSimmer I love your story, and the design of your sims as well.

• Options
    @Becka28 OMG, I love the name for the puppy. That's awesome!

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Made a few Caribbean families :)
    caribbean.png
    caribbean-2.png
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    For the Masterson family, I'm doing the updates from Erytheia's perspective.

I woke up at around 7am, like usual. I desperately needed a shower. Wow, I stink! I said to myself.

pu2UsTb.jpg

That particular day was also Easter, and one of our family traditions was baking. Mum went for the super-simple, but always tasty, option of baking vanilla cupcakes.

T3z4TMx.jpg

Dad's a pretty talented musician; he plays both the piano and the guitar. Looks like our cat Coco wasn't too impressed by his skills, though.

jRhv1Jc.jpg

I was in SERIOUS need of entertainment when I got home from school, so I switched on the TV. I don't know why I stood up instead of flopping onto the sofa... we'd had a lesson at school on healthy habits, and it was mentioned that many people spend too much time sitting down. So perhaps I was heeding that advice.

bOWrrMP.jpg

I really enjoy cooking, so I also indulged in the baking tradition. I decided to make brownies. Mmm. Chocolate.

JPDN333.jpg

One of the reasons I enjoy cooking and baking is that you get to eat what you make!

VnbnJhD.jpg

I was still feeling a little bored, so I decided to practise my magic. I summoned my trusty familiar, Minerva, and set about practising mischief magic. I was a little disheartened when I realised that I'd learnt the "Despairio" spell... seriously?? That's not the kind of spell you wanna learn when you're feeling a bit down!

MGVvtcR.jpg

I then decided to switch to potion-making, Dad's main speciality (although he's actually learnt every single spell *and* potion). My friend Alexander's little sister, Helen, came over for a visit, and I was happy to let her watch me. People say that you shouldn't wear pink clothes if you've got red hair, but she pulls the look off.

3IdLJxz.jpg

Despite teenagers having a reputation for not being helpful round the house, and being rulebreakers, I'm not really interested in that kind of thing (being rebellious). There are four of us kids, and both my parents have full-time jobs, so it's a good idea for us to help out round the house.

Y6V5nvV.jpg
  • Options
    I have a lot in my game to catch up on.

Dullahan and Shana called Grim over for a chat. They've decided to renounce their gift of immortality so that they don't have to live long enough to potentially see their grandchildren die. Grim accepted their choice, and reiterated that being bestowed with immortality as a bonus of being in the Reaper family was always optional.
    s28fxr4.png

Dullahan spent some play time with his daughter, Violet, before getting ready for the small birthday party they had planned for her.

fEwoCYt.png

0rbDDEp.png

oz4q1PD.png

Dahlia and Ananke's daughter, Ophelia, moved in with her two witchy Aunts.
    3BkVxko.png

Dahlia and Ananke welcomed a new, now a toddler, daughter named Tanith.
    Ch4aDmv.png

Grim and Aislinn visited the Arts Centre of San Myshuno and painted a mural together

Wy07XlU.png

And then headed over to heading over to Planet Honey Pop for some karaoke fun.

9KZ6515.png

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    @GrimlyFiendish Grim and Aislinn painting the mural are my favorite <3 it's like Grim just had a great idea and Aislinn loves it
  • Options
    Third update!
    Amber is now dating Betsy. If someone could tell me how to post screenshots that would be really helpful!
    Florence & Lucas's baby girl was born. Her name is Karina. She's now a toddler who loves purple. :lol:
    I recently turned off aging, and it is sooo freeing. Suddenly I have all the time in the world to get Karina to max out her toddler skills, while previously I almost never did that.
    They will definitely have another baby soon. Lucas wants another girl, but Florence wants a boy...maybe they'll have both?
    Lucas is now an aspiring comedian.
    That's all for now...
  • Options
    The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

The Fire Elemental: Ember

Ember found herself in a snowy woodland world, but the last thing she remembered was going to bed. This dream felt so real, and she could sense a spiritual force pulling her to some unknown destination. Her younger brother sprouted plants from his arms after getting a bit older. Could this be a part of her becoming a teenager?
    50948407207_14e66c78ec_b.jpg

There wasn't much around, but when she saw a road, she instinctively decided to follow it.
    50948407942_bfac09841b_b.jpg

The road turned to dirt, and someone seemed to come from nowhere. Wherever this guy came from was where she knew she had to go. She couldn't understand how, but she simply knew that she needed to go to wherever he came from.
    50948407932_7cbab5eff3_b.jpg

The cold was getting to her, and a portal stood before her. Somehow, she knew that the portal would take her to a warmer place.
    50948407202_03b8cd0a87_b.jpg

Dream or not, the cold felt too real, and she stepped through the portal without a moment of hesitation.
    50948305931_445dd8dece_b.jpg

On the other side of the portal, the world was warmer and more comfortable for the fire elemental.
    50948305921_508729e46a_c.jpg

Inside the basement of a strange building within this realm inside her dream, she met a young man in the basement.

"What is this place?" Ember asked.

"The Realm of Magic, but I'm sure you were going to ask why you are here next," the man answered. "I sense in you an ancient magical energy that comes from a strong connection to an Island Volcano. I sense that you don't have control over your power that sleeps within. I can help."

"I must be crazy for asking, but... Can you awaken the power?"

"I can, but there will be consequences to an awakening while in a dream. Are you prepared?"

"I can't say that I am, but I'm curious. I accept the consequences."

The man cast a spell on Ember that gave her the ability to see mana orbs. He told her to collect seven orbs and return them to him. Then, he'll awaken the sleeping power of her Ancient Sulani Bloodline.
    50947607173_f4ee6c5358_b.jpg

50948407187_9e6d5035ed_b.jpg

Ember grew increasingly drowsy in her dream as she collected orbs of pure magic. Dawn outside the dream was coming.
    50948305186_f1755be955_b.jpg

Before she was drawn out of the dream, she returned to the man that offered to help. She found him on the roof of the strange house. She handed him the orb and he proceeded to channel magic and awaken her sleeping power.

He gave a warning before she left. "Your bloodline is incredibly ancient and draws power from spiritual energies. I sense elemental forces and spirits that will be in conflict until you gain control over your power. Beware the chaos that will haunt you."
    50948407867_dd881a3f09_h.jpg

50948305876_d6622ecf6c_h.jpg

Before Ember could respond, she was drawn out of her dream. Her family went about their everyday activities, unaware of the storm that was coming.
    50947607118_44bde734ce_b.jpg

Arihi chatted with Uncle Kemps.
    50947606573_a04af247e0_h.jpg

Jade watched tween tv.
    50948305836_dcb824a375_b.jpg

50947607103_a8c409164b_b.jpg

Zephyr surfed the interned next to his rocket.
    50947607063_ef357f820d_b.jpg

Dylan danced to Island Music.
    50948407797_e811c8631f_h.jpg

Juniper explored kid friendly websites in his mom's study despite her security settings.
    50948305161_56fd003f08_b.jpg

Calum was at work.

After a couple days, the storm hit.

50948407787_725ebac682_z.jpg

Ember was feeling a bit nervous about the situation.

50948405476_0cd1ae03ef_n.jpg

On a side note, I unlocked a hidden aspiration!
    50948407652_e71cfa169b_b.jpg

50947606898_043159e1c9_h.jpg

50948305561_c721fe0dd2_b.jpg

And, this song came on the radio shortly after the storm hit.

Simlish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqzlEikRthY

English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU93bF2-DfM
  • Options
    @GrimlyFiendish Grim and Aislinn painting the mural are my favorite <3 it's like Grim just had a great idea and Aislinn loves it

Thanks. :) They are rather adorably attuned to one another. <3

• Options
    @Metior_Ice I love the concept behind some of your Sims being elementals & learning magic.

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    You know what’s worse than having random strangers butting into your date? YOUR MOTHER SHOWING UP. Seriously, Caroline, why did you have to show up to Planet Honey Pop straight after work when your teen daughter was on a date there? :D (I’m not that annoyed, but it’s still pretty embarrassing!)
    The date still went well, but ugh... I really wish random Sims would stop trying to interact with my Sims who are on dates. Completely ruins the vibe. It’s a fairly minor issue overall as I don’t send my Sims on dates that often.
  • Options
    GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    I made Berry B. Benson and Vanessa Bloome. I am not proud of the events following.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top