Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin 30% discount

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2016
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long this is on for? I'm tempted to make getting Spooky Stuff cheaper (I really want it only for a handful of the CAS items).

Ditto, will probably pick up Spooky Stuff and Romantic Garden Stuff.

Maybe I should just go ahead. A Pirate-themed family restaurant could be fun in one of my saves. Mostly I just want pirate and centurion costumes, and the little girls' tiara hair. I'll just forgo buying something else :/ The better-than-at-home coffee I was thinking I could use today or something. (It still does make for an expensive small handful of costumes, since I'm really not into Halloween play!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Anyone know how long this is on for? I'm tempted to make getting Spooky Stuff cheaper (I really want it only for a handful of the CAS items).

udPy1j8.jpg
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2016
    If only we could grab Dine Out now on sale (lol).
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    @ThGoodOldGamer Thank you!!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AlyssatjjeeAlyssatjjee Posts: 105 Member
    edited May 2016
    Yessss I'm gonna get me some stuff packs! :smiley:
    Origin ID: Alyssatjjee
    May you always do what you are afraid to do
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited May 2016
    10am PDT - so for here it won't be until 6pm.
  • Options
    SimulanceSimulance Posts: 313 Member
    To anyone deciding which packs to pick up I would recommend Outdoor Retreat and Spooky Stuff. :kissing_closed_eyes:
  • Options
    colbyfromagecolbyfromage Posts: 268 Member
    Just what I was waiting for to pick up Movie Hangout. Thanks OP, I wouldn't have known!!!!! :)
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    Aaaaw I talked with my boyfriend about the stuff pack... I want all of them and he told me "why don't you buy 2 stuff packs, you'll just have to not buy any breakfast in the morning for 2 weeks" (I buy something on the go once a week)... I can do it, but only two? I want kitchen stuff, movie hangout, romantic garden, patio stuff...... It's haaaaard to choose. If I could, I would get all of them, but that would mean that I'll have to not buy any breakfast for 4 weeks? I can't! I'll cheat, I know myself xD
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Just bought GTW and GT!
  • Options
    PandaSpiritPandaSpirit Posts: 127 Member
    edited May 2016
    how do you put in the discount? I've tried the origin client and the website and can't find a place to put the discount :(

EDIT: It was hiding. Most likely a glitch, for anyone else who may have the issue, it's in the order summary box.
    445.png
    The best time to wear a striped sweater, is all the time.
    One with a collar turtle neck!!! That's the kind!!
  • Options
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    Just bought GTW and GT!

Oh wow! That's huge game expansion all at once!
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Hmmmm... This is very tempting! The only 2 stuff packs I dont have is Spooky and Movie Stuff... I'm not into Halloween or the boho style, but there are a few items in each I wouldn't mind having, and getting these on sale might make it feel like less of a waste of money, lol.... Buuuut, my hubby really dislikes EA, and grumbles about giving them money every time I talk about buying Sims stuff. Lol. Sooo, now the question is, is the sale worth having to listen to his 'EA is plum' schpeal?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited May 2016
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    Hmmmm... This is very tempting! The only 2 stuff packs I dont have is Spooky and Movie Stuff... I'm not into Halloween or the boho style, but there are a few items in each I wouldn't mind having, and getting these on sale might make it feel like less of a waste of money, lol.... Buuuut, my hubby really dislikes EA, and grumbles about giving them money every time I talk about buying Sims stuff. Lol. Sooo, now the question is, is the sale worth having to listen to his 'EA is plum' schpeal?

If you really want them, get them now. It may be some time before you will be able to get them at this discount. I'm not sure if The Sims 4 DLC packs ever get a better discount than 30%.
  • Options
    WolffyWolffy Posts: 71 Member
    @fabeme Isn't Dine Out supposed to come out in a bundle with Movie Hangout Stuff and Romantic Garden Stuff? If it were me, I'd wait on the bundle for those and buy the remaining two. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2016

If you really want them, get them now. It may be some time before you will be able to get them at this discount. I'm not sure if The Sims 4 DLC packs ever get a better discount than 30%.

Last sale for stuff pack was last Halloween and only for spooky stuff. Before it was spring 2015 so it has been a while.

For game pack we often have sales and I've seen 50% off on expansion pack 3 or 4 times.
  • Options
    Wolffy wrote: »
    @fabeme Isn't Dine Out supposed to come out in a bundle with Movie Hangout Stuff and Romantic Garden Stuff? If it were me, I'd wait on the bundle for those and buy the remaining two. :)

In North America, at least, bundle pricing isn't a discounted price so far - just a way of purchasing the content outside Origin.
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    I was going to take advantage of the discount .. (really wanted Romantic Garden and Luxury Party SP) but I realized that the new GP is coming out on June 7th so I'll just save my money for that. :) Thanks for sharing though!
  • Options
    WolffyWolffy Posts: 71 Member

In North America, at least, bundle pricing isn't a discounted price so far - just a way of purchasing the content outside Origin.

Oh, I had no idea! Thanks for letting me know!
  • Options
    SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    Thanks for sharing this info! Nice discount to get all the Stuff Packs I wanted. :)
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • Options

Yeah that's what I was going to answer. The price of the bundles here is the same if I pay each individual items :(
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited May 2016

GTW and GT had a 50% sale some time this year, they are normally £29.99 but were £14.99. I bought a physical copy of GT for the same price before then anyway. Origin prices are absurd and I can almost always find a better price elsewhere.
  • Options
    BigCatlover26BigCatlover26 Posts: 215 Member
    Yayyyy now all I need is spooky stuff and dine out I might get spooky stuff before the 30th but unfortunately I can't use the discount for dine out lol
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Thanks for the info, So far I got everything, so I am all caught up for now, much appreciated, :)
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Oh darn...I really want to get the Perfect Patio SP but I'm saving my money for the upcoming GP and SP. :|
    aSE16f8.gif