Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Picture of Graphics Change! OMG!

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2016
    Optifine
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    He means to say you can't play the sims with a gaming pc without risk of damaging the computer. My laptop broke and the only explanation is that the sims 4 damaged a part inside and it's now incredibly sluggish and inoperable. I only had it for less than a year. Also, sims 3 wouldn't launch on it.

Let my experience speak for itself. Colton isn't trolling when he talks about gaming computers.

I've experienced the Sims games frying my Toshiba. :D

But... I did, however, get a free laptop when my Toshiba was fried though - one that has better specs.

It is a Lenovo; my Toshiba's CPU was better though, but it did not have a dedicated card.

My Toshiba practically met all the recommended requirements on all games except for the graphics card. :p

I do not see a drawback to my Lenovo's CPU though; it does give me a better battery life - which will become handy when I start college in the Fall (I took the year off for 2015-2016).
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    TechToTravisTechToTravis Posts: 133 Member
    Andrew Arcade did a great job to make a comparison

that is ALOT of improvement :O
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Just mind-blowing. This is so exciting!

The lighting in the game is really crappy compared to the new lighting lol. I can't wait to get it.

ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    This wasn't an issue in TS3, for me, and so far, it isn't an issue in TS4. I do not see the updated lightning, making much impact, if any at all, on my laptop's ability to run TS4. I see people with desktop computers and superior graphics cards complaining of lag issues in TS3 and TS4 yet here I am, running both without fault.

The laptop I currently play on, runs TS3 and TS4 a lot better than my desktop, which has a worse graphics card/less memory. A desktop is obviously better suited to playing games, but my laptop does a darn good job. If the new lightning somehow breaks my game, I'll have to invest in a new desktop - but otherwise, I won't bother.

There will probably be issues with some computers when the lighting update comes; I have a strong feeling.

Or it may not make a huge impact - who knows until it arrives. :)

The Sims 4 is also CPU-heavy now due to a patch. A dual-core CPU is pretty much a bad idea at this point; you'll need a quad-core CPU.

EDIT: Regarding your edited part:

A desktop and laptop don't have the same specs... Unless it is the mobile GTX 980; then that is a different story.

Laptops also cannot be upgraded unlike a desktop - the only things you really can do is adding in a new drive and adding in more RAM.

As long as you have a dedicated card, you shouldn't have any issue. Older dedicated cards (I'd say around 2006 and older) may need to have its settings lowered though.

On a integrated card, the computer will probably be able to no longer run the game one of these days. It doesn't mean that is can run right now and it'll run until the end of the Sims 4; it'll no longer run whenever it decides to pretty much stop running the game. :D

(Explaining things aren't my strong suit.)

You can add in a graphics card to a laptop...so I've heard from the guy at staples.

• Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I wonder if we'll get clear glass for the windows now because it looks more sunny inside than outside.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2016
    Well, laptops for gaming.. I don't really know what to think of that...

The new graphics look awesome.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    You can add in a graphics card to a laptop...so I've heard from the guy at staples.

It is possible for some laptops, but most of the time if a graphics card is possible, it is usually either too expensive or not worth the upgrade. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I thought that was like near impossible. Probably applies if you have a dedicated gaming laptop, but at that point you could've gotten a gaming PC for far cheaper.

I don't play any other graphic intensive games on my laptop and I hardly play the sims as it is unless I'm really in the mood, so I'm not too pressed about it. I'd probably stop playing the series as a whole before I got a gaming PC.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    I would say, EA take all my money, but they already have. That is a big upgrade.
  • Options

It is possible for some laptops, but most of the time if a graphics card is possible, it is usually either too expensive or not worth the upgrade. :)
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    I thought that was like near impossible. Probably applies if you have a dedicated gaming laptop, but at that point you could've gotten a gaming PC for far cheaper.

I don't play any other graphic intensive games on my laptop and I hardly play the sims as it is unless I'm really in the mood, so I'm not too pressed about it. I'd probably stop playing the series as a whole before I got a gaming PC.

Yea I was going to add a ssd and a new graphics card to my old HP laptop because I'm giving it to my family. But it's really slow, not even about gaming, the whole machine is just ridiculously slow for normal thigns.

@Polyrhythm My gaming laptop costed $1200 lol. All I have is a laptop so that's why I made the splurge.

• Options
    musicislife416musicislife416 Posts: 159 Member
    I want I want I want I want! :#
    tumblr_ngzxfipZLO1u3tigco1_500.gif

• Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Oh my...all I could say was "What! What! What!" :D I can't wait to see the amazing builds people will make that will incorporate that kind of lighting. Great job Sims team!
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Just saw the thread and the pics.

I have only one word: Beautiful. :smiley:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Love the new lighting! One thing that's kind of related -- I hope while they're looking at lighting through windows and such, they fix windows in pools so you can actually see the people in the pool through them. That would be wonderful.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Honestly... when I first saw the picture.. I was like. That's really gorgeous! To see a comparison picture... Pizza's picture looks like Concept Art. :x. Still gorgeous. But almost seems so unreal. Lol

I love how the light hits the plant. Almost like a whole new game!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Huge improvement indoor lighting is just horrible as it is.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    This. Is. Insane! <3

I don't have a roof over my house because I wanted to have natural lighting in my game, but this changes everything. This even changes the way i'm going to build my homes.. i'm just, i'm way too excited I don't even know what to say!

off topic but your sim is so pretty!
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    MagicalZiaMagicalZia Posts: 32 Member
    So stunning! I hope the change will run excellent on most computers.
    "I lived in books more than I lived anywhere else."
    - Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I do wonder if the lighting will always fall into rooms like that, because irl it only does when the sun is shining directly into a room.

contemporary-bedroom.jpg

The comparison Andrew Arcade did doesn't necessarily show unnatural bad lighting in the old situation.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I do wonder if the lighting will always fall into rooms like that, because irl it only does when the sun is shining directly into a room.

contemporary-bedroom.jpg

The comparison Andrew Arcade did doesn't necessarily show unnatural bad lighting in the old situation.

Yep, I agree. I hope it doesn't always shine through the windows as the day goes by.

I've been thinking, since they improved the indoor lighting, do you guys think they will give us real grass like in the early stages of TS4?

ScreenShot029.jpg

I also hope they fix the backdrop, and make it less noticeable.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    Omg, this looks so beautiful! I can't wait to have this in my game.
  • Options
    TechToTravisTechToTravis Posts: 133 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

contemporary-bedroom.jpg

Yep, I agree. I hope it doesn't always shine through the windows as the day goes by.

I've been thinking, since they improved the indoor lighting, do you guys think they will give us real grass like in the early stages of TS4?

ScreenShot029.jpg

I also hope they fix the backdrop, and make it less noticeable.

Yeah! I really love those grasses! it looks realistic ^_^
    I hope they bring them back
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    All you guys excited for the lighting and iam here hoping this wont make my game lag more

My game doesn't lag at all! How can it on just 20 sims at any time?