Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Picture of Graphics Change! OMG!

Comments

• SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member

Oooh! That shows a big change! I can't wait!
    & thankyou, I already changed my picture though but aha thanks!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    Love the new lighting! One thing that's kind of related -- I hope while they're looking at lighting through windows and such, they fix windows in pools so you can actually see the people in the pool through them. That would be wonderful.

You mean you can't now?? Wow I never noticed that :o
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Do we have a full moon in the game?, that screenshot would be perfect at night with a full moon and the light of the full moon will stream in too, but that picture looks wicked!
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Nice.
    giphy.gif

• husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    All you guys excited for the lighting and iam here hoping this wont make my game lag more

My game doesn't lag at all! How can it on just 20 sims at any time?

my game doasnt really lag much as to say i mean crashing but things got confused
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Yep, I agree. I hope it doesn't always shine through the windows as the day goes by.

I've been thinking, since they improved the indoor lighting, do you guys think they will give us real grass like in the early stages of TS4?

[img]

I also hope they fix the backdrop, and make it less noticeable.

I’ve always wanted real grass in The Sims, I’m fed up of flat surface. It’d be awesome if they added it :) Or at least include it in TS5.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • DuncarinDuncarin Posts: 362 Member
    I'd be happy if they fixed the muddy windows :(
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Sorry for sounding stupid but can someone explain what the graphics change is?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Looks awesome. Can't wait. :)
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I do wonder if the lighting will always fall into rooms like that, because irl it only does when the sun is shining directly into a room.

contemporary-bedroom.jpg

The comparison Andrew Arcade did doesn't necessarily show unnatural bad lighting in the old situation.

Hi, just to point out, the windows in that room have shades in front of then ;) which blocks the light and disperses it differently.

But you are right, on some days, or with some positions of the sun, the light changes.

There is also an image from the Dine Out trailer that shows the new lighting improvement.

https://www.platinumsimmers.com/articles/improved-lighting-the-sims-4/
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Who else is going on a building binge when this comes out?

I think when I get home from work tonight I am going to rebuild some of the cabins in Granite Falls.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I think when I get home from work tonight I am going to rebuild some of the cabins in Granite Falls.

There will be so much renovation, my head will be spinning. But there's also a GP coming out that I want, and an SP that I might want since I love playing Sims kids! Maybe I should see if my budget can manage a staycation soon... (not 100% convinced it can)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Not much of a builder but going to try my luck, I usually piggyback off others works(legally)?
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    That looks really nice. I hope it gets patched in and soon. I like it.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
    It looks so much better! I hope for more improvements from The Sims Team! :)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2016
    Lebanna wrote: »
    I do wonder if the lighting will always fall into rooms like that, because irl it only does when the sun is shining directly into a room.

contemporary-bedroom.jpg

The comparison Andrew Arcade did doesn't necessarily show unnatural bad lighting in the old situation.

Hi, just to point out, the windows in that room have shades in front of then ;) which blocks the light and disperses it differently.

But you are right, on some days, or with some positions of the sun, the light changes.

There is also an image from the Dine Out trailer that shows the new lighting improvement.

https://www.platinumsimmers.com/articles/improved-lighting-the-sims-4/
    Well, to be honest I think they know what they're doing and the lighting will be influenced by whe position of the sun. If it's patched in I'm most certainly going to try it out. And probably add it to my 'wish this was in Sims 3' list ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    edited May 2016
    That looks really lovely. They should post a screenshot of a room with some more lights tho cuz all these screenies we're getting so far look really dark and I feel a bit skeptical. Haha.

That shadows look lovely though how they fall on the objects! :) I like it.

And hopefully this improvement doesn't make the fps even worse. Cuz it's pretty bad as it is now. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »

contemporary-bedroom.jpg

Yep, I agree. I hope it doesn't always shine through the windows as the day goes by.

I've been thinking, since they improved the indoor lighting, do you guys think they will give us real grass like in the early stages of TS4?

ScreenShot029.jpg

I also hope they fix the backdrop, and make it less noticeable.

That wasn't necessarily the early stages of the sims 4; that was just a test in the program Unity where they were playing around with lighting settings to see how they'd like the game's lighting to look, and the grass there is just the default generated grass that is made by the program.

tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    This is crazy good, absolutely gorgeous.

Before you used to have to do some tricky stuff with walls and windows and roofs (by not fully enclosing a space) to achieve some sense of truly natural light - but this is amazing, it makes me really itch for seasons.
  • KatrinkuKatrinku Posts: 224 Member
    When I heard about that for first then I was like: what? Are you kidding me?
    But then I read and now I know!
    But I am so excited! ;)
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I really hope that with this graphics update, they can find a way to fix the "jumping" shadows. I heard it only affects certain graphics cards, so I can only wish. :(
    aSE16f8.gif
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited May 2016
    The question is... will my computer handle it lol

EDITED : I wonder will these graphics work on CC windows?
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    The question is... will my computer handle it lol

EDITED : I wonder will these graphics work on CC windows?

I doubt it would be too demanding tbh.
  • iAnimeFreakiAnimeFreak Posts: 66 Member
    AAAAAAH THAT LOOKS SO PRETTY!
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I am soooooooo afraid.
    There is always poison in honey!!

When something great/stunning like that is released, there is always a HIDDEN nightmare released with it.

Can anyone recall the December 2015 update with colored map and change of UI which was really great. The HIDDEN poison in that patch was the relationship culling.

I don't trust EA, neither the developers/gurus. Will be waiting for their poison this time first before cheering on improvement or any kind of change.

NO, I am not a negative person. They are the negative ones.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif