Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Picture of Graphics Change! OMG!

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    All you guys excited for the lighting and iam here hoping this wont make my game lag more

I certainly hope not.... :\ I hope my 970 can run this.. :'(:'(:s:(:(

NVIDIA 970? It should be able to...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    BRB. Gotta pick up my jaw.
  • DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    omg! :blush:
    The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Just mind-blowing. This is so exciting!

Wow. What a difference this is going to make in the look of the game! I'm blown away.

lol, I am playing right now at a new build and noticed myself looking at the shadows to see which way the light comes in to the apartment.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016

Yeah it is a much needed updated. Took a little time for the request to produce something, but wow the result is stunning.

When SimGuruMeatball mentioned the lighting: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14239066/#Comment_14239066

So yay another forum request fulfilled. :smiley:
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Welp, I guess I'm going to add lots of windows to my buildings now xD
    Thanks Sims Team!!! <3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Wow, only after that comparison do you really get a sense of how poor current lightning is.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    So basically, the shadows and light happening on his front deck will be streaming in to his kitchen window after the patch!

05-20-16_8-14-18nbspPM_zpsike88gbx.png
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

Thank you. I was wanting to see a comparision pic because i haven't played since March
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

Wow thanks for sharing. I was just asking in another thread since the lighting mod clearly is a big improvement from normal lighting. Can't wait for a prettier game
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Yeah it is a much needed updated. Took a little time for the request to produce something, but wow the result is stunning.

When SimGuruMeatball mentioned the lighting: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14239066/#Comment_14239066

So yay another forum request fulfilled. :smiley:

With that... if all requests turn out this great they can take their time
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Gosh, I thought the interior shots in the game pack trailer were nice, but that bedroom pic looks amazing. I do see this being released in the pre-pack patch so Simmers who don't want the pack will get the new visuals. This is a wonderful surprise on top of the new pack with everything it has to offer. I am amazed.

Yep, I am quite fond of this patches and game packs method for adding new elements to Sims4. The teams have time to work on one or two key elements so when these are introduced into the game they don't present a huge challenge to the base game or past EPs, gp's and stuff packs. I realize some Simmers experience glitches from the new patches but these glitches seem to be fewer in number than what we had in 2 or 3.

Nice work, developers. This new visual element has many Simmers very excited. I cannot wait for the patch so I can see all this has to offer. I hope they added some awesome windows in the pack for builders to use.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Wow thanks for sharing. I was just asking in another thread since the lighting mod clearly is a big improvement from normal lighting. Can't wait for a prettier game

My pleasure! I actually saw that on Twitter just after I saw your post but forgot that that hadn't been this thread. I haven't disliked the light in this version of the game, but what's shown here just blows away the last 16 years.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited May 2016
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    I wonder how it'll affect performance?

I'll probably have to stop keeping Firefox open while I play, but I guess that's a small price to pay (and browsing the net is what phones are for)

t'll most likely raise the requirements and computers that have only a integrated GPU will most likely not able to play anymore or struggle with the game.

Integrated cards are, however, not meant for any gaming - you would end up doing damage to the card in the long run.

If you have a dedicated card, you should have no fear; older dedicated cards that have around 1GB VRAM may need to have the settings set back to medium or possibly low however.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

I'll probably have to stop keeping Firefox open while I play, but I guess that's a small price to pay (and browsing the net is what phones are for)

It'll most likely raise the requirements and computers that have only a integrated GPU will most likely not able to play anymore or struggle with the game.

Integrated cards are, however, not meant for any gaming - you would end up doing damage to the card in the long run.

If you have a dedicated card, you should have no fear; older dedicated cards that have around 1GB VRAM may need to have the settings set back to medium or possibly low however.

You keep on saying that you need a gaming PC to play The Sims, even though you don't.
    edited May 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I certainly hope not.... :\ I hope my 970 can run this.. :'(:'(:s:(:(

You shouldn't have any issue.

Notifying...
    @chesterbigbird
    @phoebebebe13
    edited May 2016
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    You keep on saying that you need a gaming PC to play The Sims, even though you don't.

Technically you do.

I and others in the Technical section has seen that people with integrated cards unable to play the game anymore due to the game becoming more demanding as time goes on (content patches, packs, etc.).

The requirements for the game is for desktops; laptops are much weaker than desktops.
    edited May 2016

Technically you do.

I and others in the Technical section has seen that people with integrated cards unable to play the game anymore due to the game becoming more demanding as time goes on (content patches, packs, etc.).

The requirements for the game is for desktops; laptops are much weaker than desktops.

This wasn't an issue in TS3, for me, and so far, it isn't an issue in TS4. I do not see the updated lightning, making much impact, if any at all, on my laptop's ability to run TS4. I see people with desktop computers and superior graphics cards complaining of lag issues in TS3 and TS4 yet here I am, running both without fault.

The laptop I currently play on, runs TS3 and TS4 a lot better than my desktop, which has a worse graphics card/less memory. A desktop is obviously better suited to playing games, but my laptop does a darn good job. If the new lightning somehow breaks my game, I'll have to invest in a new desktop - but otherwise, I won't bother.
    edited May 2016
    This wasn't an issue in TS3, for me, and so far, it isn't an issue in TS4. I do not see the updated lightning, making much impact, if any at all, on my laptop's ability to run TS4. I see people with desktop computers and superior graphics cards complaining of lag issues in TS3 and TS4 yet here I am, running both without fault.

The laptop I currently play on, runs TS3 and TS4 a lot better than my desktop, which has a worse graphics card/less memory. A desktop is obviously better suited to playing games, but my laptop does a darn good job. If the new lightning somehow breaks my game, I'll have to invest in a new desktop - but otherwise, I won't bother.

There will probably be issues with some computers when the lighting update comes; I have a strong feeling.

Or it may not make a huge impact - who knows until it arrives. :)

The Sims 4 is also CPU-heavy now due to a patch. A dual-core CPU is pretty much a bad idea at this point; you'll need a quad-core CPU.

EDIT: Regarding your edited part:

A desktop and laptop don't have the same specs... Unless it is the mobile GTX 980; then that is a different story.

Laptops also cannot be upgraded unlike a desktop - the only things you really can do is adding in a new drive and adding in more RAM.

As long as you have a dedicated card, you shouldn't have any issue. Older dedicated cards (I'd say around 2006 and older) may need to have its settings lowered though.

On a integrated card, the computer will probably be able to no longer run the game one of these days. It doesn't mean that is can run right now and it'll run until the end of the Sims 4; it'll no longer run whenever it decides to pretty much stop running the game. :D

(Explaining things aren't my strong suit.)
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    My laptop run it fine and ran TS3 relatively okay too...I really don't think you need an amazing PC to play it unless you wanna play on the highest settings, I just keep everything to low/med.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Wow! My mind is legitimately blown. If they can pull this off...it will be the best lighting of the entire series so far! In my opinion anyway.
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    My laptop run it fine and ran TS3 relatively okay too...I really don't think you need an amazing PC to play it unless you wanna play on the highest settings, I just keep everything to low/med.

Yea i thought so but lately i have been getting chrashes while playing for no appearnt reason and i dont think iam enjoying nothibg being saved and iam not sure if its my pc or there is some bugs that need to be fixed
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited May 2016

It'll most likely raise the requirements and computers that have only a integrated GPU will most likely not able to play anymore or struggle with the game.

He means to say you can't play the sims with a gaming pc without risk of damaging the computer. My laptop broke and the only explanation is that the sims 4 damaged a part inside and it's now incredibly sluggish and inoperable. I only had it for less than a year. Also, sims 3 wouldn't launch on it.

Let my experience speak for itself. Colton isn't trolling when he talks about gaming computers.
    LR3g0ni.jpg